What evidence do you have in your life that says you know God?

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Truly, these are the most intuitive words from you that I've witnessed.
Be honest now ...
Did you come to this conclusion about Paul's writings through something I've said?
It will bless me, if you say, "Yes".

Might as well share my most recent exposition of this, which was 2 hours ago:
"But we are not of those who draw back to perdition,
but of those who believe to the saving of the soul." (Hebrews 10:39)

I'll leave it up to each individual to "see" what's going on here!
Whoever wrote this was being much more than sarcastic
... he was being truly sincerely hopeful.
Yes, this is just a simple example of the Lord's normal mode of writing to His churches,
which was filled with encouragements, edifications, exhortations, etc.
along with His warnings (which often were quite hidden in the mass of words).
You give yourself way too much credit ;)
To be honest, I recognized Paul's sarcasm a long long time ago. Even before I started sporting his hair style.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know what Jason...I am going to drop the whole issue of you asking a very ambiguous question and me pointing that out to you part of this conversation...I feel it a pointless endeavor to continue down that path to point out your error there.

By weak faith I refer to those that are drinking milk and have not moved onto eating meat. Those that are new in their walk with the Lord, those that do not spend time learning their Bible and why they believe what they believe.

What is the fruit? You asked for evidence....evidence is something that can be seen, heard, felt, etc. It is not a good feeling inside. And what is a righteous act? How is it that the unsaved person will recognize what you do as a rigtheous act vs someone who does not know God doing the same thing? What differentiates your act from the act of an unbeliever?

It is that which differentiates the answers you were expecting and the answer I provided. Sure my life has good deeds...I could list many different "works" that God has led me to do. I could go on and on about things God has done through me for other people on a material worldly level. But that is only evidence that I am a good person....and we are to be that...make no mistake we are to be the best people around...people should see a Christian and want to be just like them because of how good they are. But when you strip away the deeds that only say we are good person, you see that there is one thing which we are to do, that no one else can, and it is something that is better than all the money we could ever give, all the good deeds we could ever do. And that is that we lead someone to Christ.

Soooo many Christians stop at just doing good deeds. You cited 2 Timothy earlier...And you focused on the correction part. And that is sometimes needed, but you ignored the other parts, the teaching, the training for righteousness. And the purpose is so that we can be adequate and equipped for every work. So put this hypothetical out there...an elderly widow needs to have a wheelchair ramp built off the front of her house. You and the men of your church get to help out. Where in the Bible does it give you the carpentry skills? Tell you how to build a ramp? 2 Timothy says all Scripture is so that you may be equipped for every good work. Your good deed does not end with you finishing the ramp, the good deed ends when you give God the glory before that elderly woman and talk to her about Jesus.

My answer was just that. Reproducing myself in others. And as it has also been explained that was life changing events. We should never stop at just doing good deeds. Every good deed God puts before us, is an opportunity to give Him the glory and to spread the Word. You made a comment about wearing a cross. See I am the opposite, in that I have no problem with people wearing crosses. Many conversations have started because people saw the cross I wore and commented on it. At which time I knew there was about to be a conversation about Jesus. So outward expressions of things commonly identified as Christian is not wrong. I do agree that if a person feels there is power in the object, or their faith comes from it...then that is wrong. But I do not encounter many like that....I freely admit that could just be me and demographics of where I live.

Jason all things aside I do believe we are the same side of the coin here. I simply thought your questioning was ambiguous and vague and left open the door for people to answer in a manner that would seem like boasting, were actually boasting, or simply were confused. And it appeared you were ready to pounce on any who fell into that trap, innocently or not.
Jesus said he that is not with me is against me. I am showing how believers need to show evidence of how Christ (God) lives within them because that is what Paul was essentially saying in 2 Corinthians 13:5. This is not a bad thing. For Jesus said, why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not the things I say? Jesus also said if you love me, you will keep my Commandments. Jesus also essentially said at the end of Matthew 7 that the person who does not do what he says is likened to a fool who built his house upon the sand whereby a storm would destroy it (with it's fall being very great). This is God's Word. This is HIS message. It's not my message. I did not write the Holy Scriptures. God did. But your hostility towards my preaching this message from God's Word shows that you do not like what it says and you believe something contrary to His Word. I sure hope that is not the case and that this is simply a misunderstanding. Do you believe in Eternal Security? If that is true, then please tell me how Eternal Security is not a license to sin or how it is not a doctrine of immorality? For I have discussed the topic of OSAS and Eternal Security with many over the years and I have yet for anyone to convince me of the goodness that is within Eternal Security.

Maybe you can be the first.

In any event, may God bless you.
And may His love and peace shine upon you today.
And please be well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even before I started sporting his hair style.

First, nobody knows what Paul looked like. Second, to say such a thing about Paul is to mock him. Please do not do that. He was a great man of God who did many great things for the Lord.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Actually from Acts 18 we see that at the end of his vow he shaved his head. It was customary to shave the head, not just cut the hair short to symbolize completion of the vow. I find it very offensive you dismiss this very serious section of the Bible and completely ignore the Biblical truth of Paul shaving his head to reveal the glory of baldness. To be bald was symbolic of being clean.

I take offense that you think I mock such a serious action by Paul. His willingness to take that vow and follow through is one more sign of the greatness that is Paul.

Oh and if you have not figured it out...I am joking about taking offense. I could really care less, there are far more important things to worry about in this failing world than if a brother takes offense at me pointing out that Paul shaved his head. And if that is all you got to worry about Brother...then you are truly blessed. Some of the rest of us worry that our neighbors might be going to Hell.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
I did not write the Holy Scriptures. God did
Actually.....men wrote it...God inspired it to be written. The Bible even says that Scripture is inspired. That is if you want to knit pick...or do you consider getting your words and thoughts correct making fun?

But your hostility towards my preaching this message from God's Word shows that you do not like what it says and you believe something contrary to His Word.
Oh please. Do not confuse any hostility you are imagining to be directed at God's Word, but instead towards how you are using God's Word. If you will pay attention to anything I have said, it has not been against the message in the Bible at all, but in the way you have delivered it. Not once did I say the Bible did not say this or that. But instead it was directed at what or how you were saying things...like your OP which had not one Biblical quote or citation in it. So stop already.

Do you believe in Eternal Security? If that is true, then please tell me how Eternal Security is not a license to sin or how it is not a doctrine of immorality? For I have discussed the topic of OSAS and Eternal Security with many over the years and I have yet for anyone to convince me of the goodness that is within Eternal Security.
Nope. I don't believe in it...I know it. I know I have eternal life and the Bible confirms that. 1 John 5:13 "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life" You can go read the fifteen dozen other threads that have either elevated works based salvation, or attempted to incorrectly portray eternal security into just what you call it...a "license to sin".
You are the claimant here..the onus is on you. Go ahead and explain what you think the eternal security doctrine is and why people accept it, then present your case against it. Do a proper debate discussion. Heck why not even find anyone on this forum that is a proponent of eternal security that feel they have a license to sin.

You claimed you were not works based salvation believer. But relationshipism. Why not instead of trying to club people over the head or being confrontational you attempt to explain your position and why you believe what you do. People have more respect for those that can express their convictions and explain how they got there more than they do someone getting in their face, hitting them over the head, and then resorting to other accusations of being immoral.

I am willing to discuss with you anything you like, but civility has to be at the forefront of any discussion. And if you truly want to discuss things, you have to be willing to have an open mind about it and attempt to understand the opposing positions. Otherwise it is just two people giving a monologue at best, and at worst it is an argument.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually from Acts 18 we see that at the end of his vow he shaved his head. It was customary to shave the head, not just cut the hair short to symbolize completion of the vow. I find it very offensive you dismiss this very serious section of the Bible and completely ignore the Biblical truth of Paul shaving his head to reveal the glory of baldness. To be bald was symbolic of being clean.

First, I am not denying what Scripture says in Acts 18. Second, you said hair style and not him shaving his head (Which is baldness by choice). There is a difference. Yes, Paul shaved his head, but that is not his natural hair style. but you are comparing your natural loss of hair (which sounds like a joke) to that of a sacred vow made by Paul. I find this to be inappropriate. You may be trying to do damage control now, but the damage is already done none the less. I still see you insulting Paul by what you said (even if you currently cannot see that).

I take offense that you think I mock such a serious action by Paul. His willingness to take that vow and follow through is one more sign of the greatness that is Paul.

And I take great offense that you would make light of Paul's sacred vow with that of your own natural hair loss. That is called making a joke; And I do not find it funny.

Oh and if you have not figured it out...I am joking about taking offense.

So you were lying then.

18 "Just as damaging as a madman shooting a deadly weapon
19 is someone who lies to a friend and then says, “I was only joking.”
20 Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops."
(Proverbs 26:18-20)
(New Living Translation).

I could really care less,

God's people are supposed to have a love for God's Word and they should show it the proper respect.
Comparing a vow made by the apostle Paul to your natural balding is disrespectful in my opinion.
Atheists poke fun or make light of God's Word; Not believers.

there are far more important things to worry about in this failing world than if a brother takes offense at me pointing out that Paul shaved his head. And if that is all you got to worry about Brother...then you are truly blessed. Some of the rest of us worry that our neighbors might be going to Hell.

But if you are mocking the very prophet who God used as a vessel to write the the majority of the New Testament by your words, then how can you truly help your neighbors see the light of God's Word?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually.....men wrote it...God inspired it to be written. The Bible even says that Scripture is inspired. That is if you want to knit pick...or do you consider getting your words and thoughts correct making fun?

Actually, God is the real writer or author of the Holy Scriptures and not men. Yes, God used men to write the Bible, but God is still the ultimate writer or author behind the men that He used to write Scripture. In other words, without God, those men would not be able to write what they did. God is the One whose Spirit moved upon them to write it. They did not technically write the Bible so as to claim that they were the ultimate authors. In fact, the Ten Commandments were written by the very finger of God first. So if you want to take my words out of context to mean something that they were not intended to say (you would still end up being wrong because God did write down His Word directly in a particular instance).

Oh please. Do not confuse any hostility you are imagining to be directed at God's Word, but instead towards how you are using God's Word. If you will pay attention to anything I have said, it has not been against the message in the Bible at all, but in the way you have delivered it. Not once did I say the Bible did not say this or that. But instead it was directed at what or how you were saying things...like your OP which had not one Biblical quote or citation in it. So stop already.

But I later told you that the question is based on 2 Corinthians 13:5. But you still do not seem to care, though.

Why?

Because 2 Corinthians 13:5 refutes Eternal Security, my friend.

Nope. I don't believe in it...I know it. I know I have eternal life and the Bible confirms that. 1 John 5:13 "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life" You can go read the fifteen dozen other threads that have either elevated works based salvation, or attempted to incorrectly portray eternal security into just what you call it...a "license to sin".
You are the claimant here..the onus is on you. Go ahead and explain what you think the eternal security doctrine is and why people accept it, then present your case against it. Do a proper debate discussion. Heck why not even find anyone on this forum that is a proponent of eternal security that feel they have a license to sin.

Well, it is funny you say that. Here is one person that I recently discovered just today who essentially says a believer can continue to murder, rape, hate, fornicate, do drugs, and still be saved as long as they believe in Jesus.

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...nce-and-for-all.7920118/page-17#post-69210951

But he is not the only one I have discovered, either. I have talked with others who believe this way on other forums (Theology Online, Christian Chat), too. I also have talked with an Eternal Security Proponent in person who also believes this way, as well. They admitted that they could mow down a crowd of people with a sub machine and still be saved (while doing so).

Here is a man who murdered other people and then took his own life believing that he would be saved as the result of Eternal Security.

http://eternalsecurity.us/george_sodini.htm

Here is a man who committed suicide thinking he would be saved because of Eternal Security.

http://www.behindthebadge.net/osas/osas33.html

As for 1 John 5:13:

Well, you have to also read this verse to get a little context, my friend.

It says,

3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome.
4 For whoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith."
(1 John 5:3-4).

What is the love of God? That we keep His commandments (Which are not burdensome).

Also, 1 John 2:3-6 expounds on this a little more. It says,

3 "And by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: by this we know that we are in him.
6 He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
(1 John 2:3-6).

You claimed you were not works based salvation believer. But relationshipism. Why not instead of trying to club people over the head or being confrontational you attempt to explain your position and why you believe what you do. People have more respect for those that can express their convictions and explain how they got there more than they do someone getting in their face, hitting them over the head, and then resorting to other accusations of being immoral.

But if a person is in error, the best way is to point out that error and not to tip tow around it (With them guessing as to what you mean). For if your child were to do something wrong, letting them know the type of wrong that they did does not mean you do not care or love them. You merely point out your child's errors so as to protect them and because you care and love them.

I am willing to discuss with you anything you like, but civility has to be at the forefront of any discussion. And if you truly want to discuss things, you have to be willing to have an open mind about it and attempt to understand the opposing positions. Otherwise it is just two people giving a monologue at best, and at worst it is an argument.

I always keep an open mind to the other side of my opponent's side. Believe it or not, there was a very short time (like a day) where I believed OSAS. But after close examination of the Scriptures, I realized that it was simply not true. I also have admitted when I was wrong on an interpretation of a verse with an OSAS proponent before, even when that verse appeared to be in my favor against OSAS. I was man enough to admit openly that the verse was saying something else based on the context. So no. I do hear my opponents, my friend.

In any event, may God bless you.
And please be well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So Jason...you were not asking for opinions or what people really thought of their walk...you wanted to lure people into the question so you can tell them they are wrong?

And I have no problem using levity when it comes to what God said. Paul used it often and was incredibly sarcastic.

And yeah...your question was asked that could lead to boasting...no matter how you slice it. You could get answers like "I go to church every time the door is open", "I wear a cross around my neck","my family says grace every time we eat, even if it is a stick of gum", "I have led 50 people to Christ"....etc...etc... Anytime someone puts up "what they have accomplished" in the name of Christ there can be boasting... "Have we not cast out demons in your name?"..ring any bells?

And sorry...just living righteously....what does that mean? Are you going to tell me I am not righteous? Everything the Bible sets up the Christian for is to reproduce him or herself in others. IF I am in Christ, then when I reproduce myself the next person is also in Christ. No less than two times Paul told the church at Corinthians to imitate him (1 Corinthians 4:16,11:1). Hebrews 13:7 exhorts us to consider those that spoke the word of God to us, consider the result of their conduct (our salvation), imitate their faith. 3 John 1:11 we are to imitate what is good because what is good is of God.

Everything in the Old Testament pointed to Christ. Christ taught the Disciples in order for them to go out into the world and replicate themselves to the unbelievers. To make followers of the unsaved. To teach them just as Christ taught them...replicate themselves. For if I am in Christ, and I teach you...then you too are in Christ, not because I taught you, but by reproducing myself I am leading people to Christ...so they will be like me Spiritually. And then I continue to teach them as Paul and the Apostles continued to communicate with the churches to teach them and continue to lead them further in their walk...to be imitators of themselves so that they too can go out and lead people to Christ.

The problem with our churches today is they stop at "being righteous" and miss the entire boat. Being righteous means to get out and tell people about Christ. It is not "not cussing","not drinking","not looking at inappropriate contentography"...basically a life of sitting in their home, going to church and thinking that if they tell people about their church they are doing their part. It is not about the church...it is about Christ. Being righteous is and always has been about glorifying God by telling people about Him. Living a "righteous life" of not doing all those things, comes naturally if you are spending your time spreading the Gospel...who the heck has time for drinking, inappropriate contentography, or anything else if they are spending their time talking about Jesus?
Amen !

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I reject your "Amen" to his statement.

I asked the question based on 2 Corinthians 13:5 and so as to get people to repent of their wrong idea of salvation out of love for their them.
You both may read something nefarious into that, but that would not make it so.

In any event, may God bless you both.
And may you both please be well.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I reject your "Amen" to his statement.

I asked the question based on 2 Corinthians 13:5 and so as to get people to repent of their wrong idea of salvation out of love for their them.
You both may read something nefarious into that, but that would not make it so.

In any event, may God bless you both.
And may you both please be well.

What he wrote was spot on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What he wrote was spot on.

I disagree. For one, not only is the accusation false, but he also made a joke concerning God's Word, and he also lied to me.
So I would take heed of what he actually has to say as being trust worthy.
I say this not to be mean, but because it is the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I disagree. For one, not only is the accusation false, but he also made a joke concerning God's Word, and he also lied to me.
So I would take heed of what he actually has to say as being trust worthy.
I say this not to be mean, but because it is the truth.

Don't you think that the title of the thread encourages boasting in ones self as an indicator of sanctification instead of giving glory to God?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't you think that the title of the thread encourages boasting in ones self as an indicator of sanctification instead of giving glory to God?

No. The question is based on 2 Corinthians 13:5. It does not lead to boasting because the question is asking to what type of evidence that shows that GOD lives in you (i.e. the fruits of God done within you - of which you cannot boast about). The question is not asking, what evidence do you have to showing your mighty works of your own effort before men (So you can beat your chest like King Kong). That is not the question. I am talking about God's work done in you. Not works of your own effort. That is what 2 Corinthians 13:5 is talking about. Paul is asking his fellow believers to prove (i.e. evidence) on whether or not Christ was within them unless they be reprobate. How do you prove Christ is in a person? The answer is simple. By the good done by Christ in that believer's life. How else would a believer prove that Christ is in them?

As for Sanctification: Sanctification is a Biblical process of God working in you to be holy. This is not you being holy of your own effort alone but it is God working in you to be holy for only God alone is good and holy. There is no boasting in oneself in Biblical Sanctification because the believer would give glory to God for any good done in their life. Yes, a believer has to submit to God and His Word, but ultimately it is the Lord working in the believer after that point then. For Jesus says you can do nothing without me (John 15:5).

Side Note:

Also, I could care less about the praises of men. In fact, such an idea repulses me because it is so shallow and fake. For there is only one I am seeking to be always approved by (And that is God). In fact, I remember a fellow Christian I ran into in a public parking lot once. He told me that he could see me being a great preacher for God. But such a notion does not appeal to me because I do not seek to look good before men but I seek to look good before God. Yes, we are to let our light (i.e. God's light) shine before men, but nowhere does my shining God's light to my neighbor translate in me standing in front of mirror in the bathroom and screaming, "Hey everybody, come and see how good I look!" That is not me. In fact, Jesus says, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. The question is based on 2 Corinthians 13:5. It does not lead to boasting because the question is asking to what type of evidence that shows that GOD lives in you (i.e. the fruits of God done within you - of which you cannot boast about). The question is not asking, what evidence do you have to showing your mighty works of your own effort before men (So you can beat your chest like King Kong). That is not the question. I am talking about God's work done in you. Not works of your own effort. That is what 2 Corinthians 13:5 is talking about. Paul is asking his fellow believers to prove (i.e. evidence) on whether or not Christ was within them unless they be reprobate. How do you prove Christ is in a person? The answer is simple. By the good done by Christ in that believer's life. How else would a believer prove that Christ is in them?

As for Sanctification: Sanctification is a Biblical process of God working in you to be holy. This is not you being holy of your own effort alone but it is God working in you to be holy for only God alone is good and holy. There is no boasting in oneself in Biblical Sanctification because the believer would give glory to God for any good done in their life. Yes, a believer has to submit to God and His Word, but ultimately it is the Lord working in the believer after that point then. For Jesus says you can do nothing without me (John 15:5).

Side Note:

Also, I could care less about the praises of men. In fact, such an idea repulses me because it is so shallow and fake. For there is only one I am seeking to be always approved by (And that is God). In fact, I remember a fellow Christian I ran into in a public parking lot once. He told me that he could see me being a great preacher for God. But such a notion does not appeal to me because I do not seek to look good before men but I seek to look good before God. Yes, we are to let our light (i.e. God's light) shine before men, but nowhere does my shining God's light to my neighbor translate in me standing in front of mirror in the bathroom and screaming, "Hey everybody, come and see how good I look!" That is not me. In fact, Jesus says, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

I was referncing specifically the title of the thread.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
but that is not his natural hair style. but you are comparing your natural loss of hair (which sounds like a joke) to that of a sacred vow made by Paul
Ummmm. Did I ever say I had natural hair loss? Nope. As a matter of fact I shave my head. I do not do it for the same reason Paul did...but I never said I did. I was merely speaking in reference to knowing Paul was sarcastic in response to what Zach had said...and I provided a time reference to knowing that longer than I had been sporting that hair style. YOu were the one making false assumptions there.

Damage control? For what? Because I do not elevate Paul to a level that strips him of a sense of humor? Do you think Paul never laughed? Do you think Christ never saw things as funny? Are you really so blind as to think that God did not create a sense of humor? And on what small world do you live that having a sense of humor is in any way disrespectful?

God's people are supposed to have a love for God's Word and they should show it the proper respect.
Don't you dare try and tell someone else they do not have a love for God's Word based on them not doing exactly what you do. You do not know me, you do not know anything about me or my walk with Christ. And you best sit back and put your judgemental opinion back into your pocket because you speak from ignorance. You boast that you have more respect than others and base that only on your standards. Dangerous ground there brother. You judge others actions by only holding them up to the standards you set, not the ones Christ has set. Check yourself brother.

But if you are mocking the very prophet who God used as a vessel to write the the majority of the New Testament by your words, then how can you truly help your neighbors see the light of God's Word?
And this is where your ignorance has twisted everything you are thinking...because I have not mocked Christ, nor Paul, but I have mocked you.

Actually, God is the real writer or author of the Holy Scriptures and not men. Yes, God used men to write the Bible, but God is still the ultimate writer or author behind the men that He used to write Scripture.
So who wrote it....did God grab the pen and write it, or did men write it? Fact of the matter is that God did not even dictate the Bible. The Bible says that God inspired the authors to write the Bible. But I whole heartedly accept the Bible for what else it says that it is...God's Word. But quit trying to muddy up definitions in order to make yourself sound right...God did not write the Bible...He inspired the authors to write God's Word.

They did not technically write the Bible so as to claim that they were the ultimate authors
Technically...yes they did write it. What part of the defintion of "write" do you not get? Authoring and writing are two different things and you should learn to use your words correctly. God authored the Bible that is true...but men wrote the Bible.
And unless the 10 commandments in your Bible is the dust reformed into the stone slabs....it was written in your Bible by men.

And your later post in reference to 2 Corinthians. Yep you did say that later. It was actually while I was compiling my initial response so it was not seen. You also did not tell it to me you were responding to someone else. And since it was not part of the OP how would anyone know, does anyone have to go through and read every response you ever did to understand what you should have said in your initial post? THAT IS MY POINT...your first post was vague and ambiguous...you HAD to come back and clarify things because you did not say what you should have said in post 1. It is you that don't seem to care. I don't know how many times I can tell you the same thing but you ignore it and then start to run off on failed attempts express your point about eternal security or whatever it is you are actually trying to say.

Yeah and your attempt to throw FreeGrace under the bus...well you obviously like to run off of incomplete pictures of people and make lots of assumptions. Go read more from him on the subject and you will understnad that he comes from a perspective that a saved person will not do any of those things...but even as he said in his response to you Grace covers all sins (past, present, future)...Christ died for all sins, not just past sins. He even pointed out "self deceived people come to such silly conclusions" in response to a conclusion you made.

And you bring up extreme cases of situations to express a point. So what. There are crazy conditional security people too. Ever hear of self-flagellation? You know there are still people that practice that?

It is a true shame that you actually believe that God's grace and Christ's death are not good enough for salvation. That somehow man has to go out and do stuff as well to earn salvation. People that believe in that miss the greatest gift that God could have ever given.

As to your additional comments on 1 John...
Yep whoever is born of God (that is saved as Christ was talking about being born again) overcomes the world. Period... Being born of God means you have overcome the world. Nothing more is needed, you have overcome the world. John mentions the same train of thought in 1 John 2:13 "because you have overcome the evil one.", 1 John 2:14 "you have overcome the evil one", 1 John 4:4 "and have overcome them". John did not say "can overcome" as it is a possibility, or even "will overcome" as if it is something that happens when you die...but right now as being born of God you have overcome.

1 John 2:3-6 expounds on how those that have overcome should "keep his commandments","keeps his word","walk, even as he walked" Yep it sure does. But in none of those versese does it talk about a person who has overcome and does not any of those things that they become a former overcomer. NOpe instead it says "we know them if we keep his commandments" We will know an overcomer because they will keep the commandments...they will do good because they have overcome, not they will do good in order to keep their overcome status. If someone says they know Him and does not keep the commandments it does not say that person loses their overcome status...it says that the truth is not in him. Jesus said it best "I never knew you". They never had the truth. It does not say they lost the truth...how can you lose the truth once you know the truth?

But if a person is in error, the best way is to point out that error and not to tip tow around it (With them guessing as to what you mean). For if your child were to do something wrong, letting them know the type of wrong that they did does not mean you do not care or love them. You merely point out your child's errors so as to protect them and because you care and love them.
Not a matter of tip towing. It is a matter of respect and a limitation of the written medium. I can't see your face or hear your voice to know the tones or body language you are speaking. Over 90% of our communication between two people is non-verbal, meaning it is not the words you say or type but the body language and tone of voice in delivering those words. So to ask vague questions only to elicit a response that you desire so you can club someone over the head is disrepectful to the person, and starts your conversation off you being adversarial instead of you being concerned and wanting to educate them and enlighten them.

I always keep an open mind to the other side of my opponent's side
you have yet to express this in this thread. Instead you accuse me of being disrepectful of the Word, mocking the Word, and instead of asking me my beliefs or even sharing your beliefs to discuss those, you assume my position and start battling it out. I have repeated to you that your intiial post in this thread was vague and abiguous, but you brush that off and ignore it. I pointed out how because of that ambiguity you could be getting response that appear boastful, or may even actually be boastful, and instead of recognizing the error in the wording of your OP you go on the offensive about how a true believer would not boast or anything like that...Agreed a true believer would not, someone who is strong in their walk and have spent years building their faith through study, prayers, and discernment of God working around them would understand. But the vagueness of your OP leaves it open for people who are not "strong" Christians to list off some deeds because technically that is what you asked for. "evidence". And then you were ready to pounce on them for innocently falling into your trap of doctrine bashing. I am not seeing any open mindedness here so far.

Heck look at your response to ToBeLoved..."I reject your Amen" Who are you to reject an amen? Are you the Agreement Gestapo or something?

Oh and I did not lie to you. Do I, or did I speak in jest...absolutely and I even told you so. So again stop your false accusations.

Oh and your comment "the question is asking to what type of evidence that shows that GOD lives in you"
Ummm no that is not what you asked.
your initial questions:
"What evidence do you have in your life that says you know God?

Do you think people are aware that you a Christian by the way you speak and act?"

What evidence do you have in your life - evidence is "something which shows that something else exists or is true" or "an outward sign" or "something that furnishes proof". Evidence in a biblical sense is the fruit of our salvation...fruit being linked to works. So you asked what works do you have in your life that says you know God. Notice you also did NOT say "God lives in you", you said "you know God" Even I pointed that out to you early on that even Satan knows God. But that is just another thing you brushed off with your "open mind" and ignored.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I started to read what you were writing and I had to stop.
If I said things to you that you found offensive, then I do apolgize.
It was not my intent to wound you.
But you have to know that I truly did think you were insulting God's Word.
Whether you actually did or not, is between you and God.
I think it is best that we part ways in talking to each other, my friend.
You have a lot of hostility towards me involving the topic of this thread.
You also appear to be more concerned with attacking me then addressing the question of this thread for yourself
(Which is what the purpose of intent of this thread was for).

Anyways, may God bless you.
And may His love and peace forever be upon you.

Side Note:

However, before I go, I want to leave you with the truth that Antinomians do exist; And that there are believers out there who testify that they have backslidden into sin as a result of Eternal Security.

Here is the Definition for Antinomian:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antinomian

Here is a man who murdered people and then killed himself thinking he was saved by Eternal Security.
http://eternalsecurity.us/george_sodini.htm

Here is a man who committed suicide thinking he was saved by Eternal Security.
http://www.behindthebadge.net/osas/osas33.html

Here is a testimony of a person who was hooked on sin because of Eternal Security.
http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/joetestimony.htm

And here are some audio testimonies of some former Eternal Security Proponents:
http://www.noeternalsecurity.com/testimonies.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was referncing specifically the title of the thread.
What does the Title of the thread say?

"What evidence do you have in your life that says you know God?"
Okay, what words in this question above make you assume that the evidence that you know God is man made that would lead to boasting?
I just do not see that in the question I asked for this thread.
What words in my question make you think it is man acting alone of his own righteousness?
Well, no such words suggest such a thing within the question for the Title of this Thread.
Only if one impresses a wrong thought upon my question (that is not actually present in the words of my question) does one see the wrong conclusion.

For example if one has the Spirit, then they would naturally have the fruits of the Spirit.
For the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

This would be evidence that a person can say that they know God.
In fact, this answer fits the question better than your wrong assumption because it would be in line with related evidence that is directly connected to knowing God. It is not some outside external element of what man is doing here. Nowhere does the question even suggest such a thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What does the Title of the thread say?

"What evidence do you have in your life that says you know God?"
Okay, what words in this question above make you assume that the evidence that you know God is man made that would lead to boasting?
I just do not see that in the question I asked for this thread.
What words in my question make you think it is man acting alone of his own righteousness?
Well, no such words suggest such a thing within the question for the Title of this Thread.
Only if one impresses a wrong thought upon my question (that is not actually present in the words of my question) does one see the wrong conclusion.

For example if one has the Spirit, then they would naturally have the fruits of the Spirit.
For the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

This would be evidence that a person can say that they know God.
In fact, this answer fits the question better than your wrong assumption because it would be in line with related evidence that is directly connected to knowing God. It is not some outside external element of what man is doing here. Nowhere does the question even suggest such a thing.

I'm just saying that the way the title is worded, most people are going to tie 'evidence' to being physical actions, not spiritual. If people are talking about physical actions that they do for GOd, it could easily turn into boasting.

It is a statement. That's all.

Carry on.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

charismatic believer for 23 years
Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You give yourself way too much credit ;)
To be honest, I recognized Paul's sarcasm a long long time ago.
You are incorrect, as usual.
I gave myself no credit.
I merely asked if I deserved such.
Too simple for the simple, I guess.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
See Jason. Comments like this "You have a lot of hostility towards me involving the topic of this thread." are proof positive of the failings of the written word in place of face to face communications and is exactly why we owe it to people that read our posts to be concise, explicit, and detailed in what it is that we are saying and why. I have no hostility towards you. I really do not. I do not know you personally. I do not believe you made any of your comments about me from a position of personal attacks because you also do not know me.

You also appear to be more concerned with attacking me then addressing the question of this thread for yourself
Actually I answered your questions. In my first post on this thread I answered your questions. Apparently you either did not like my answers or forgot that I had answered that and decided to focus on my pointing out the ambiguous original set of questions.

I know this was to ToBeLoved, but I had answered this for you and explained why.
Evidence from Merriam-Webster
- An outward sign
- Something that furnishes proof

So your original question is "What proof or what outward sign do you have in your life that says you know God?" No one but God knows my heart so any outward sign is going to manifest itself in works. When you start to talk about works you leave yourself open actually boasting, or at the very least being perceived as boasting.

This was not part of the original post so in the context of the original post this is irrelevant....which is the point I have been making to you...your original post was ambiguous....

And no, you used the wrong word in the wrong question, it was not detailed enough and as I have said, your original question could lead to someone listing works.

But here is the problem...you used the word evidence. How can you prove you have love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, etc.? For me to know you have these, you have to perform works that represent those fruits.

<edit was to correct typo>

Upvote 0