What we do not like God's plan for our life ?

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

The question is, what if we do not like God's plan for our life ?

They say God has a plan for each christian, we all want the easy plan, at least we want enough food and drink, a roof over our heads, health and we want these same things for our children and wife and parents, that is if we are married.

Thing is, we will not know beforehand what kind of plan God has for our life, how we will end in life.

Example:
Stefanus got stoned to death, he did not get the chance to enjoy marriage, wife and childeren.
Joseph of Egypt, he did have some suffering in the beginning, sold as a slave, but in the end, he kinda got to enjoy life, marriage wife childeren, kinda got rich.
Sometimes God heals and they live a long an happy life
Sometimes God doesnt heal and people die young, never having the chance to enjoy some life.

Br,

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟18,064.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What God's plan and desire for your life is not the same as anyone else's, so there is little point in comparing yourself to others.
Do you really think you've figured out what Almighty God has planned for you?! Lol! Our minds are far too narrow to grasp the immensity; the wisdom and goodness of His plan: on both collective and individual levels.

It seems to me that you are allowing your imagination run wild (i used do so myself and i was wrong to be accusing God, when in fact, it was me listening to my fears and projecting them on to God)

Spend time reading a passage of the Gospels - daily. The Light of the word will banish the darkness that clouds your mind.
And give thanks to God throughout your day - especially if you don't feel like doing so! God is much, much larger than your mind has Him reduced to.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So, the guy who got stoned (no pun intended), was he called to minister? It appears to me that those who have this calling can expect the fate of Jesus, as he told his disciples. But I would assume that if God calls you to be a family man, that one would be blessed in that endeavor.

That being said, I wouldn’t go on ministry, knowing the risks, not the least of which, preaching the wrong gospel, thus, without a clear calling. Being so that I am a failed family man as well, I have no idea where to turn. Life is just running in circles. I can live this worldly life and gain some worldly knowledge.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

They say God has a plan for each christian, we all want the easy plan, at least we want enough food and drink, a roof over our heads, health and we want these same things for our children and wife and parents, that is if we are married.

Thing is, we will not know beforehand what kind of plan God has for our life, how we will end in life.

Example:
Stefanus got stoned to death, he did not get the chance to enjoy marriage, wife and childeren.
Joseph of Egypt, he did have some suffering in the beginning, sold as a slave, but in the end, he kinda got to enjoy life, marriage wife childeren, kinda got rich.
Sometimes God heals and they live a long an happy life
Sometimes God doesnt heal and people die young, never having the chance to enjoy some life.

Br,
Hi Curiousmind,

Great question. The preachers who say that `God has a plan for your life,` are just presenting a carrot before people so they have to come back and hear the 7 steps to such and such and the 5 goals of blah blah.....(You get the idea)

God`s desire is only this ` to make us like Christ.` (Rom. 8: 29) ` to be conformed to the image of His Son.`

And that is a daily addressing our behaviour, one step at a time.

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In
Hi Curiousmind,

Great question. The preachers who say that `God has a plan for your life,` are just presenting a carrot before people so they have to come back and hear the 7 steps to such and such and the 5 goals of blah blah.....(You get the idea)

God`s desire is only this ` to make us like Christ.` (Rom. 8: 29) ` to be conformed to the image of His Son.`

In some cases, not all ofc, the leaders are just using the members for their own gain, for example kinda forcing members to give tithes, they leaders influence the members in such a way that the members think they are doing the will of God, but thing is it feels all wrong somewhere. Tithing is old covenant, I use tithe as example, there can be other examples ofc.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In

In some cases, not all ofc, the leaders are just using the members for their own gain, for example kinda forcing members to give tithes, they leaders influence the members in such a way that the members think they are doing the will of God, but thing is it feels all wrong somewhere. Tithing is old covenant, I use tithe as example, there can be other examples ofc.
It is because the religious organizations are businesses. They need money to pay for buildings, salaries, insurances, etc etc.

Jesus never organized His Body that way. It is the 2`s and 3`s relating and then for them to relate out and so on. (2 Tim. 2: 2)

`And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. `

No grand building with all the hierarchy of control, no `bells and whistles` to try and lure people in, no condemning messages that continually make the person feel they will never measure up to ....whatever is presented.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

They say God has a plan for each christian, we all want the easy plan, ...
The short and bitter answer is that mortal man's fate is perdition.
Great question....

This reminds of a Paul Simon tune:

God only knows
God makes his plan
The information's unavailable
To the mortal man
We work our jobs
Collect our pay
Believe we're gliding down the highway
When in fact we're slip slidin' away

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟11,783.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is because the religious organizations are businesses. They need money to pay for buildings, salaries, insurances, etc etc.
I sometimes wonder, problem is there are too many churches, too many people working for the churches, if the churches worked more together, bundling, selling unneeded buildings, let go of staff, I think it will be less financial burden for the members. But why dont they do this, it seems everyone wants to make money from church or they want to have the status of being elder, pastor or something, feels good to be on the top even if you dont get paid much or something. Then you have some pastors who are living in a multimillion dollar mansion, I mean how do they fund this, it is from the money of the christians, imo it should be like this, the money of the christians should really be used for charity imo, not fund rich life style of some pastors. I am not saying the pastors should live in poverty but have reasonable living standard.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Philippians 1:15-18 NIV

"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice."

Upvote 0