Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Perry Stone has invested 80 thousand hours researching the end times and the book of Revelation.

I caught this this morning on TBN online.
December 2, 2013

Perry Stone pioneered understanding the Hebraic roots of the Book of Revelation, the key to the signs and the seasons we are living in. You must understand it, and Perry can help.

Watch and discuss?

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Perry Stone has invested 80 thousand hours researching the end times and the book of Revelation.

This claim is absurd, for 80,000 hours is eight hours a day, five days a week, for forty years, with only two weeks of vacation per year. That means that for forty years this man did nothing but study the end times as a full time job. Even as a minister or a teacher in a religious school, he would have had to do other things than just study full time for forty years.

Upvote 0

swainkas

Swainson, author of Heresy
Nov 20, 2013
Houston
Visit site
✟50,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hebrews 9:28

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many, and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Titus 2:13
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing..."

vinsight4u,

I find it interesting that everybody almost always quotes only half of this verse. Hebrews 9:27-28 captures the entire thought:

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him. NASB

Please note that this is the only time in scripture where the words "coming" and "second time", i.e., "second coming" are ever documented, and they are directly related to each person's death.

The Second Coming (if we must use the term) is at the moment a person accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior, and then fully when that person dies and is ushered into the presence of the Almighty, just like Jesus said:

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this John 22:25-26

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think Perry Stone is a likeable Christian. I disagree on some of his eschatology views.
One of which is that he thinks the Antichrist will be the Mahdi - well, at least he was on that train of thought last time I watched him, maybe a year ago.

Sid Roth has a tendency to get into the supernatural experiences his guests have. I don't go for that sort of thing much.

I don't like the way that Sid Roth interrupted Perry Stone, when Perry started talking about the seven seals of the Caesars.

Doug

Last edited:
Upvote 0

swainkas

Swainson, author of Heresy
Nov 20, 2013
Houston
Visit site
✟50,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This claim is absurd, for 80,000 hours is eight hours a day, five days a week, for forty years, with only two weeks of vacation per year. That means that for forty years this man did nothing but study the end times as a full time job. Even as a minister or a teacher in a religious school, he would have had to do other things than just study full time for forty years.

Perry Stone is a likable character. He may not have invested 80,000 hours in the book of Revelation. But he must have spent almost that much time perfecting his ability to speak so quickly on the topic of prophecy, while in actuality, saying very little. He has an innate ability to leave you with the impression he has much more to share, but he never gets around to sharing it. Like I said though, I enjoy watching him in the hope he will have time one day to finish his thoughts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums