What do you think of Religion VS True Christianity...(Yes even Christianity can be a religion, created by its own devotees).

rodm1974

May 28, 2014
✟17,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to be a part of that "system" until I tried to commit suicide, with a 12 gauge loaded with double ought.

Finally I go home, to recover, thinking God must hate me now, and all of a sudden God speaks.

This changed my life. He spoke and my views on true Christianity, compared to what exists in the world today were transformed forever.

This allowed me to somehow (not by effort by myself, in fact it had nothing to do with me, it just came about by Him speaking to me) live the life of Hebrews CH 4, to "REST" in Him...

This is what I believe is the end game, to rest. Jesus did the work, what is the result? Better yet, have you ever seen a newborn, resting in it's mothers arms? That baby trusts her so much, their relationship so bonded, that all that baby has to do is rest in the works of the mother. As Hebrews says God rested from His works, and we must also "CEASE" from our own works.

I do not strife, to be XY or Z... I don't bemoan that I need to be more patient, or spiritual, this is all carnal religious flesh. We must see from God's view, what He desires. Jesus says it is to trust/believe 0n Him.

I am just sharing, from my experiences with God, not judging anyone. Why am I not judging? Because before GOD DID THIS FOR ME, I was living a life of sin, failure, not even understanding the scriptures or His role or my own, in this relationship, He granted me. I failed for 40+ years, every single day, I sinned. Caught in it's trap.

BUT NOW, my understanding has changed totally, but not by my own hand, this was gifted to me. I understand the garden / fall was not a mistake, God killed Jesus, not the romans or Jewish religious leadership. I understand that Sin is in the flesh, this body we live in, it can NEVER be improved, we are to live in Spirit (recon that to be a fact, more real than the flesh).

This was all God's plan, there have been no failures or plan B. How do we know this? Because in the beginning, God wrote a book. In that book were names, those would be the ones that Jesus saved, that God would draw, that Jesus said He would never lose, and since this book was written in the very beginning, that reveals that God already had this all planned out in His mind. Satan would be in the garden with Jesus, Adam would sin, Jesus would come, then die and rise from the dead.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to be a part of that "system" until I tried to commit suicide, with a 12 gauge loaded with double ought.

Finally I go home, to recover, thinking God must hate me now, and all of a sudden God speaks.

This changed my life. He spoke and my views on true Christianity, compared to what exists in the world today were transformed forever.

This allowed me to somehow (not by effort by myself, in fact it had nothing to do with me, it just came about by Him speaking to me) live the life of Hebrews CH 4, to "REST" in Him...

This is what I believe is the end game, to rest. Jesus did the work, what is the result? Better yet, have you ever seen a newborn, resting in it's mothers arms? That baby trusts her so much, their relationship so bonded, that all that baby has to do is rest in the works of the mother. As Hebrews says God rested from His works, and we must also "CEASE" from our own works.

I do not strife, to be XY or Z... I don't bemoan that I need to be more patient, or spiritual, this is all carnal religious flesh. We must see from God's view, what He desires. Jesus says it is to trust/believe 0n Him.

I am just sharing, from my experiences with God, not judging anyone. Why am I not judging? Because before GOD DID THIS FOR ME, I was living a life of sin, failure, not even understanding the scriptures or His role or my own, in this relationship, He granted me. I failed for 40+ years, every single day, I sinned. Caught in it's trap.

BUT NOW, my understanding has changed totally, but not by my own hand, this was gifted to me. I understand the garden / fall was not a mistake, God killed Jesus, not the romans or Jewish religious leadership. I understand that Sin is in the flesh, this body we live in, it can NEVER be improved, we are to live in Spirit (recon that to be a fact, more real than the flesh).

This was all God's plan, there have been no failures or plan B. How do we know this? Because in the beginning, God wrote a book. In that book were names, those would be the ones that Jesus saved, that God would draw, that Jesus said He would never lose, and since this book was written in the very beginning, that reveals that God already had this all planned out in His mind. Satan would be in the garden with Jesus, Adam would sin, Jesus would come, then die and rise from the dead.
Welcome to the Body of Christ!
Blessings.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I am happy you were given a second chance and survived

God killed Jesus, not the romans or Jewish religious leadership. I understand that Sin is in the flesh, this body we live in, it can NEVER be improved, we are to live in Spirit (recon that to be a fact, more real than the flesh).

God did not kill Jesus (nobody did) .... Jesus gave His life for us so there would be a pathway back to God.

John 20

17The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”

The indwelling/working of the Holy Spirit (living in the spirit) helps us overcome our sin.

Jesus did not say, “Without me you can indeed do something, but it will be easier through me.” He said, “Apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). Without the power of the Holy Spirit, we are powerless to conquer sin in a way that honors God.

The process of dying to sin more and more is called ‘sanctification’. It’s an ongoing process, worked out by the Holy Spirit: “you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:11).

If you are tempted to sin, pray for power from the Holy Spirit to resist this temptation!

Of course there is improvement .... should be improvement ... the Holy Spirit helps us improve and this is a continuing process over our earthly lives.

1 John 3:4 ESV​

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

God did not predetermine everyone's destiny ... He gave everyone choice ... God don't force anything on anyone.

Because of God's foreknowledge He does know what the choices are/will be made ... but He does not make the choices for us.

May you continue in your studies and be blessed ... Amen.

Upvote 0

rodm1974

May 28, 2014
✟17,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am happy you were given a second chance and survived

God did not kill Jesus (nobody did) .... Jesus gave His life for us so there would be a pathway back to God.

John 20

17The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”

The indwelling/working of the Holy Spirit (living in the spirit) helps us overcome our sin.

Jesus did not say, “Without me you can indeed do something, but it will be easier through me.” He said, “Apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). Without the power of the Holy Spirit, we are powerless to conquer sin in a way that honors God.

The process of dying to sin more and more is called ‘sanctification’. It’s an ongoing process, worked out by the Holy Spirit: “you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:11).

If you are tempted to sin, pray for power from the Holy Spirit to resist this temptation!

Of course there is improvement .... should be improvement ... the Holy Spirit helps us improve and this is a continuing process over our earthly lives.

1 John 3:4 ESV​

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

God did not predetermine everyone's destiny ... He gave everyone choice ... God don't force anything on anyone.

Because of God's foreknowledge He does know what the choices are/will be made ... but He does not make the choices for us.

May you continue in your studies and be blessed ... Amen.
Yea I get this all the time from people, its hard to hear, but its plain in the scriptures... Here is just ONE text : This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus did not say, “Without me you can indeed do something, but it will be easier through me.” He said, “Apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5).
How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! Heb 9:14

Upvote 0