Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the time of Moses on there are four ages the Bible talks about. It is not rocket science but the way it is obscured from the view of modern Christianity maybe says otherwise.

1. Old Covenant age: The age God pretty much exclusively operated his kingdom through Ancient Israel. Used it to write his word for us, bring the messiah, and made it the Normandy beach head for his long-planned invasion of planet earth by his invisible kingdom. It ended in 70 AD. Mat 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, most of the apostles’ letters plus about a chapter of Revelation and other OT end time prophecies are about this.

2. Second Covenant age. When Jesus came and it was time to invade planet earth with his kingdom through the preaching of the gospel to all nations. It has no prophesied end.

3. The age of the four gentile empires. EXPLICITLY prophesied about in Daniel chapters 2&7 and Revelation. Started in 597 BC when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Judea. Ended in 1453 AD when the Roman Empire fell. It has its own body of end time prophecy. Jesus called this the age of the gentiles where both the natural city of Jerusalem and the New Jerusalem, God’s people of all nations would be trampled underfoot by the heathen. Really an age of oppression everywhere of real believers who were mostly underground. I have to mention that IT BLOWS MY MIND that this is not universally recognized as a specific age by all Christian teaching. But it is what it is.

4. Finally, the promised age. The time it was prophesied to come was when the Roman empire ended in 1453 AD. It has around 100 chapters of prophecy and promise regarding it. Those chapters of prophecy are to be the focus of our faith in this present age that also has no prophesied end. They are prophecies of billions coming to Christ and a growing free world where all the earthly promises of God made to a hundred generations of saints, unfulfilled in their generations, could finally start coming to pass in this growing free world pioneered by Christians. Those earthly promises could not be fulfilled in that age of oppression. Things got even worse for true believers once Jesus came, not better like they are now for 100’s of millions. The catalyst that brought this about was the Bible (illegally) making its way into the hands of the general public which among many other things empowered them to start winning the wars of extermination against them. That started to happen immediately after the fall of the 4th empire, What a fight it has been over this last 570 years.

Here is the timeline on this. Daniel 7 prophesies about 10 emperors of the Roman Empire, then an 11th who makes war of the saints and overcomes them for a time, two times and a half time. This number is repeated 5 times concerning the Roman Empire in the book of Revelation 13:5, 12:6,14 &11:1,3 as 1260, 42 months and times, two times and a half time. Turns out it is the number of years from the beginning of this 11th emperors reign till the end of the empire. Simply subtract 1260 years from 1453 AD and you get 193 AD. The beginning of the reign of Septimius Severus who fulfilled what Daniel 7 says about him precisely. That tells you who the ten emperors were that preceded him. But you can also start from 597 BC to see this.

In Revelation we have a prophecy of the Roman Empire splitting into an eastern and western branch, It is illustrated as a lamb with two horns. The two horns illustrate the split. The lamb illustrates the empires claims of Christianity, and it speaking the words of the dragon illustrating the devil is self explanatory. It has an infamous number. 666. That was the number of years from the beginning of the age of the four gentile empires when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Judea 597 AD, until Titus the prince of Daniel 9:26-27 destroys Jerusalem in 70 AD. There is no year -0-. making it 666 years. The next ten emperors after Titus are the same ten in Daniel and Revelation. The Bible is God's supernatural book. You cannot fake these kinds of numbers thousands of years in advance and come within 100's of years, much less the exact years. But then to tell us of a growing free world that never existed before and the billions coming to Christ. Wow!

From my Twitter account.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the time of Moses on there are four ages the Bible talks about.
I don't agree with your own particular "eras," but I would certainly agree with some of it. "Ages" appears to be a term connected with a particular Reign or with a particular time of judgment. I really haven't studied this out.
1. Old Covenant age: The age God pretty much exclusively operated his kingdom through Ancient Israel. Used it to write his word for us, bring the messiah, and made it the Normandy beach head for his long-planned invasion of planet earth by his invisible kingdom. It ended in 70 AD. Mat 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, most of the apostles’ letters plus about a chapter of Revelation and other OT end time prophecies are about this.
I kind of like how you say this. The OT did use Israel as the 1st nation as a kind of prototype for future Christian nations. That was preparation for an "invasion" of sorts into all nations.
2. Second Covenant age. When Jesus came and it was time to invade planet earth with his kingdom through the preaching of the gospel to all nations. It has no prophesied end.
I would define the NT age as ending with Christ's Coming. However, NT truth will continue forever. It is the time of preparing all nations for judgment after offering them Christian salvation.
3. The age of the four gentile empires.
I agree that the 4th Empire was Roman Imperialism. And some of that ended in the West in 476 AD and in the East in 1453 AD.

]But I don't believe Roman Imperialism ended with the fall of Constantinople. In the West there was a shift northward from Rome into Germany. And in the East there was a shift northward from Greece into Russia. Of course, there were steps in this process. European Civilization today is the child of Roman Imperialism, albeit broken up into states, just as Daniel predicted.
4. Finally, the promised age. The time it was prophesied to come was when the Roman empire ended in 1453 AD.

In Revelation we have a prophecy of the Roman Empire splitting into an eastern and western branch, It is illustrated as a lamb with two horns. The two horns illustrate the split. The lamb illustrates the empires claims of Christianity, and it speaking the words of the dragon illustrating the devil is self explanatory. It has an infamous number. 666. That was the number of years from the beginning of the age of the four gentile empires when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Judea 597 AD, until Titus the prince of Daniel 9:26-27 destroys Jerusalem in 70 AD.
I don't see an age beginning after the fall of Constantinople, although it was an age in which empires broke up into nation-states, just as Dan 7 predicted. The 2 horns may indeed represent the two halves of the ancient Roman Empire, which will be fulfilled under Antichrist.

Christendom will go apostate. Actually that's already been happening.

3.5 years are literal years Antichrist will reign before Christ comes back to destroy him. 666 refers to the fact the Antichristian Empire will be synonymous with a modern Roman Empire. 666 had the value of the 1st Roman king. Just offering my own opinion. Lots of speculation here.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is you accepted teachings that take prophecies about the end of nations, eras and empires and read those prophecies through the eyes of end of the world as we know it teachings. Those teachings have blinded generations to the dozens and dozens of chapters of prophecy about what would occur after the Roman Empire ends and the Bible makes its way into the hands of the general public. (1453ad) Billions have/are come to Christ and Christians pioneered a growing free world for them to live in.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn (pass sentence and carry it out, on) the world; but that the world through him might be saved. The word “world” is cosmos, you know, what 80% of the countries pulpits say God will destroy. Since the komos isn’t going to go to heaven it means saved in the general sense. Healed, preserved, taken from danger into a place of safety

Isaiah 49: 6 And he said, It is a light thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give you for a light to the nations, that you may be my salvation to the end of the earth…..8 Thus said the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard you, and in a day of salvation have I helped you: and I will preserve you, and give you for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth,

To establish the earth, not to destroy it and start over again.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, (the messiah) whom I uphold; my elect, in whom my soul delights; I have put my spirit on him: he shall bring forth justice to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth justice to truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he has set justice in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law…..6 I the LORD have called you in righteousness, and will hold your hand, and will keep you, and give you for a covenant of the people, for a light of the nations;
Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen on you. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise on you, and his glory shall be seen on you. 3 And the nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.4 Lift up your eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to you: your sons shall come from far, and your daughters shall be nursed at your side.5 Then you shall see, and flow together, and your heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted to you, the wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you.

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
19 The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
20 For the terrible one (kings, emperors, dictators, world conquerers) is brought to nothing, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭9‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Upvote 0