Video Game Rage

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
I do not know if this is Gamers Zone or Current News and Events it deals with a video game so I am posting it here. If this is in the incorrect place please move.

I was reading on CNN and came across this article and was shocked. I know we all have debates on the best console, games etc. but this to me is going a little to far for the love of video games. I guess he really wanted to finish his game.

It's a really short article.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/fun.games/03/16/boy.videogame.reut/index.html

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
I was playing a Soccer game against my brother years ago (I think it was on the Spectrum or maybe Amiga) and I was COMPLETELY thrashing him. Then after yet another goal, he swung his arm and fully puched me in the mouth.

I think it shocked him as much as it shocked me. We played in silence for the rest of the game as I spent more time simply keeping him off the ball but not actually scoring any more goals.

But that said, look at Soccer Hooligans. "Rage" is not new to "games" but is also not limited to "computer games".

Monopoly anyone? ;)

Upvote 0

Aburame

Lazer Duck!
Mar 9, 2004
British Colubia
✟470.00
Faith
Christian
well, its REALLY annoying when you have to spend your free time having to deal with somone who really sucks at the game.

Attachments

• Felron.jpg
    Felron.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6,529
Upvote 0

CHR15T05

Christian Fundamentalist
Nov 15, 2003
✟15,602.00
Faith
Christian
Pope Gonzo said:
It's really fun to tell people who get really ticked off at each other on Gunbound that it's only a game. I play it for fun, and they should too :)

I had that with Counter Strike. People got sooo narked at "n00bs" ....but then as I got better I realised how annoying having bad players on your team was.... and then I looked at what I had become and stopped playing LOL.

It IS only a game.

Upvote 0

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
Kelly said:
I have heard of ppl in Korea killing other players in cyber cafes while playing games like Everquest.

I think that many people are investing too much time in virtual realities, ignoring their own reality as a result.

Exactly, there is a point of knowing the reality of the game to the reality of your life. I cannot imagine killing a person over a game, neverless pulling a knife out on my parents.

Upvote 0

Heaven_Bound

Servent for GOD
Dec 7, 2003
Colorado
✟16,023.00
Faith
Christian
CHR15T05 said:
I was playing a Soccer game against my brother years ago (I think it was on the Spectrum or maybe Amiga) and I was COMPLETELY thrashing him. Then after yet another goal, he swung his arm and fully puched me in the mouth.

I think it shocked him as much as it shocked me. We played in silence for the rest of the game as I spent more time simply keeping him off the ball but not actually scoring any more goals.

But that said, look at Soccer Hooligans. "Rage" is not new to "games" but is also not limited to "computer games".

Monopoly anyone? ;)

LOL, sorry man this one brings back way too many memories. On the original NES my brother had just got Tecmo Bowl and the first game he beat me pretty bad. Well I practiced for a couple of days when nobody was around, then I asked for my rematch jumping up to a 21-0 lead at halftime I saw the score flash before my eyes as he hit the reset button. He said hedid it by accident, ok game on, I jumped to another 21-0 halftime lead and this time the flash came from him slapping me on the head.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums