United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's the problem.

There's a process that's fundamentally broken and should end.
It's called "democracy." Where differing parties have to come to compromise to get things done. It's an American thing. Hard to explain to someone unfamiliar with it.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's called "democracy." Where differing parties have to come to compromise to get things done. It's an American thing. Hard to explain to someone unfamiliar with it.
So far things are good in Texas

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That sounds like the vast majority of talking heads on CNN, and MSNBC to me. They are nutty and baseless.
The joy and the power of being a member of the public in a free nation is that you don't have to watch or listen to propaganda.
Once you have listened to a media personality and you've learned they are pushing baseless conspiracies then you remember that and you avoid watching those people.
I have been absolutely astonished by seeing what goes on in USA 24x7 media. In my country we don't get partisan media, I can't fathom why anyone in the media would be tied to a party and pushing nonsense.
But the nonsense that comes from Tucker, Hannity, Waters, Piro, Ingrahm, is just astonishing.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There's the problem.

There's a process that's fundamentally broken and should end.
So the answer would be to end all asylum entry?

People come knocking at your door in desperate need for help and you scream "go away!"

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So far things are good in Texas
Good people.

Interesting weather.

Authentic barbecue.

One of the most corrupt governments in the nation. Our AG has been dodging trial on a felony criminal indictment for years, got himself impeached for other crimes and only escaped conviction by intervention of other state leaders.

Average IQ is 2nd highest for states south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Life expectancy is 3rd highest for states south of the Mason Dixon line.

Fourth-highest in educational attainment K-12 for states south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Number 12 nationally for violent crime rate.

About average in median individual income.

On the whole, a pretty good place.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Good people.

Interesting weather.

Authentic barbecue.

One of the most corrupt governments in the nation. Our AG has been dodging trial on a felony criminal indictment for years, got himself impeached for other crimes and only escaped conviction by intervention of other state leaders.

Average IQ is 2nd highest for states south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Life expectancy is 3rd highest for states south of the Mason Dixon line.

Fourth-highest in educational attainment K-12 for states south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Number 12 nationally for violent crime rate.

About average in median individual income.

On the whole, a pretty good place.
And lowest illegals coming in the nation. Single digits. WOW

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The joy and the power of being a member of the public in a free nation is that you don't have to watch or listen to propaganda.
Once you have listened to a media personality and you've learned they are pushing baseless conspiracies then you remember that and you avoid watching those people.
I have been absolutely astonished by seeing what goes on in USA 24x7 media. In my country we don't get partisan media, I can't fathom why anyone in the media would be tied to a party and pushing nonsense.
But the nonsense that comes from Tucker, Hannity, Waters, Piro, Ingrahm, is just astonishing.
But nothing but integrity from Joy Reid, Morning Joe and The View, right?

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Morning Joe is a Republican.

I haven't assessed all the rest for integrity, I don't watch them much, but I haven't seen them spready conspiracies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Morning Joe is a Republican.

I haven't assessed all the rest for integrity, I don't watch them much, but I haven't seen them spready conspiracies.
My bad, I meant the one with Mia Brezinski
Edit - That is Morning Joe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why should they compromise? If they stand firm they get a red hot election issue and cut off funding for Ukraine. It's a win-win. If they cave then they can only claim partial credit for fixing the border and they lose their leverage over Ukraine funding.
That makes sense.

It's such a dire problem, why NOT wait until after the election to maybe get a chance to solve it?

The combative nature of Republicans and a childish antipathy towards compromising their approaches to things... why NOT vote for them. It's ALWAYS better to focus on the problem than on solutions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Irrelevant - none of them was presented as a reliable source of information in this thread (or possibly ever on this site - at least not that I can recall).

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Irrelevant - none of them was presented as a reliable source of information in this thread (or possibly ever on this site - at least not that I can recall).
Someone asserted that they don’t characterize things as left vs right and they don’t spread conspiracy theories, both of which are false

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And lowest illegals coming in the nation. Single digits. WOW
You've been badly misled about that. Gov. Greg says we have an invasion coming into Texas. And he wouldn't lie, would he?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That makes sense.

It's such a dire problem, why NOT wait until after the election to maybe get a chance to solve it?

The combative nature of Republicans and a childish antipathy towards compromising their approaches to things... why NOT vote for them. It's ALWAYS better to focus on the problem than on solutions.
Politics are a mess on behalf of both parties. The Republicans have not acted on the border either when they had the opportunity. Things have gotten worse under Biden but the Republicans are not blameless

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Someone asserted that they don’t characterize things as left vs right and they don’t spread conspiracy theories, both of which are false
So? Still irrelevant. They were only brought into the thread as a whataboutism when it was pointed out that a clip from Jesse Waters could hardly be considered "news" - their integrity (or lack thereof) has no bearing on the topic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.