Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
New police radars can 'see' inside homes | USA Today
WASHINGTON — At least 50 U.S. law enforcement agencies have secretly equipped their officers with radar devices that allow them to effectively peer through the walls of houses to see whether anyone is inside, a practice raising new concerns about the extent of government surveillance.

Those agencies, including the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service, began deploying the radar systems more than two years ago with little notice to the courts and no public disclosure of when or how they would be used. The technology raises legal and privacy issues because the U.S. Supreme Court has said officers generally cannot use high-tech sensors to tell them about the inside of a person's house without first obtaining a search warrant.

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
MTM0.jpg

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is good so long as it's used properly. Whether it will be is another question.
When is it proper to look inside someones house without a warrant?

If 4th amendment doesn't apply to our homes, then it doesn't apply anywhere.

Severe restrictions need to be in place to monitor police and the times they use it. Bored cop plays with this device and watches people for no reason.
Everytime it displays a picture, it should be reporting to superiors and/or to a data base, accessable by civilian groups and lawyers.

Without a warrant, nothing on this device should be admissable in court, also no search based on the information obtained should be admissable.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
When is it proper to look inside someones house without a warrant?

If 4th amendment doesn't apply to our homes, then it doesn't apply anywhere.

Severe restrictions need to be in place to monitor police and the times they use it. Bored cop plays with this device and watches people for no reason.
Everytime it displays a picture, it should be reporting to superiors and/or to a data base, accessable by civilian groups and lawyers.

Without a warrant, nothing on this device should be admissable in court, also no search based on the information obtained should be admissable.

This is good so long as it's used properly. Whether it will be is another question.

I'm not saying it should be used without a warrant.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question is, what is the resultion on the thing. I can imagine it getting to the point where it can show what you are doing. And that is clearly a violation if done with out a warrenet.

But then, in a hot prusuit, if it cut down on finding the fleeing suspect I imagine that may be allowed.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The question is, what is the resultion on the thing. I can imagine it getting to the point where it can show what you are doing. And that is clearly a violation if done with out a warrenet.

But then, in a hot prusuit, if it cut down on finding the fleeing suspect I imagine that may be allowed.

Then why do this when we can go straight to tracking chips for all!!!!!!

I mean if we're going to do it, let's do it right!

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then why do this when we can go straight to tracking chips for all!!!!!!

I mean if we're going to do it, let's do it right!

Because some people are suspicious of the government of the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Am I paranoid to consider that all of these secret technologies will be misused by community, state, or federal officials?

What happens when all of these data mined personal profiles fall into the hands of less scrupulous people?

In so many ways, those who are supposed to be serving and protecting us are instead invading on innocent rights and privacy. .. all in secret.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Am I paranoid to consider that all of these secret technologies will be misused by community, state, or federal officials?

When you look to man to make heaven on earth through his own power you end up with hell on earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When you look to man to make heaven on earth through his own power you end up with hell on earth.

I am just looking for officials to have a decent amount of trust. Really, my panties are in a wad over the NSA. I am just weary of law abiding citizens getting captured in the process of fighting crime and terrorism.

The technology is great for law enforcement. It is just the unknown and never to be disclosed that worries me.

Seeing that heaven is a vague human image, I am not sure what direction one would approach to make earth more like heaven. Humans in groups tend to lead to great damage.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm not saying it should be used without a warrant.
:thumbsup:

Because some people are suspicious of the government of the people.
Because goverment has proven they can't be trusted. They will do anything in the name of "protecting and defending", forgetting that it's illegal to go to far.

LOL, get your tin-foil ready. ;)
What tin foil hat is needed? They can watch you make it, listen to every word you say and report to no one that they did it, unless there is a crime committed.

hmm, combine technology, use a small drone to deliver the "radar" to high level buildings with listening tecnology on board and you can see what is going on in any high rise and listen in too. (Probably wouldn't work well with the vibration from the drone, but set it down on a ledge...

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
This has nothing to do with making Heaven on Earth. This is about trying to capture bad people.
Everyone apparently commits multiple felonies a day. We are all now the "bad people", and this technology is merely another means to capture us if they really wanted to come after us for any reason. e.g. "this woman own a piece of land a $$$ developer wants. let's go find what felonies she's committing today" kind of thing.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Everyone apparently commits multiple felonies a day. We are all now the "bad people", and this technology is merely another means to capture us if they really wanted to come after us for any reason. e.g. "this woman own a piece of land a $$$ developer wants. let's go find what felonies she's committing today" kind of thing.

I am on the record as against this radar....

It is they who tell us they will only go after the bad people.

We don't believe them.

Upvote 0