Farmington
✟23,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Biblical examples of nations that angered God and were subsequently judged.
Edom:
Jeremiah 49:16
Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the Lord.
49:12,

For thus saith the Lord; Behold, they whose judgment was not to drink of the cup have assuredly drunken; and art thou he that shall altogether go unpunished? thou shalt not go unpunished, but thou shalt surely drink of it.
(It wasn't God's intention to bring judgment on Edom, but yet because of sin, it happened. same went for Israel. And the same goes for USA)

Babylon:
Jeremiah 50:23-24,
How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!
I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the Lord.
(America has been the most powerful nation on earth, "the hammer of the whole earth," but now she has striven against the LORD, and she shall be brought down. Most people will be shocked when it happens, but those who know the LORD, and who are in the Spirit, will not be shocked. Personally, I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened yet. I mean a full judgment as in destruction or a decisive defeat on our own shores. The only reason I can think of is we have not turned our back on Israel. As for sin, I posted a topic on how USA has committed the sins of Noahs day, the sins of Sodom, the sins of King
Manasseh, and the sins of Romans chapter 1.
There have been judgments of varying kind upon America in recent years: fires, storms, floods, all kinds of extreme weather, Covid, civil unrest, inflation... but these are just precursors )

51:7,
Babylon hath been a golden cup in the Lord's hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.
(Has not America been a golden cup in the LORDs hand: the most prosperous nation? But lately she has exported her filth and abominations to the rest of the world, making the nations drink of her wine.
Don't believe that? The US government says it! Advancing LGBTQI+ Inclusive Development | Basic Page | U.S. Agency for International Development
How about abortion? They do same: Today's Supreme Court Decision - United States Department of State
Secretary of State Anthony Blinkin wrote in 2022: "So let me be clear: under this Administration, the State Department will remain fully committed to helping provide access to reproductive health services and advancing reproductive rights around the world." )

51:30,
The mighty men of Babylon have forborn to fight, they have remained in their holds: their might hath failed; they became as women: they have burned her dwellingplaces; her bars are broken.
(It doesn't matter if USA has the best military in the world. God has the final say in these matters and if a nation turns their back on Him, He can destroy that nation howsoever He pleases, with a much weaker force in the natural. 9/11 proved USA is not untouchable.)

51:44,
And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall.
(It looks like God Himself might be the one to solve the border problem, for certainly today the nations are flowing into America!)

51:53,
Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the Lord.
(America is the leader in space, and does now have Space Force as part of her military)

Isaiah 47:8-11,
Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:
But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children, and widowhood: they shall come upon thee in their perfection for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine enchantments.
For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.
Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.

(This is how it will go down: similar to 9/11 but much, much bigger. Let these scriptures speak for themselves. Revelation 17 & 18 also speak of Babylon: a future Babylon long after the original Babylon was no more.
The scriptures are written for examples. Although there was judgment on ancient Babylon, we can also see Babylon as a type - in this case comparable to America: a superpower, one that has the greatest influence on the rest of the world, that nations come to, and ultimately, that has mocked God)

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

(It wasn't God's intention to bring judgment on Edom, but yet because of sin, it happened. same went for Israel. And the same goes for USA)
So true, but let me give you some balance on this. God didn't destroy pagan nations like Babylon all at once, the moment they became corrupt. The reason seems to be that God used ungodly nations to punish other ungodly nations. Babylon rained trouble down on many ungodly nations before she herself was judged by God.

The same may be true of the US. Before we (I am US) are completely hopeless we can still bring trouble upon many ungodly countries such as Iraq. Only God knows at what point the US itself will be judged--perhaps after a number of preceding "warning shots" like 9-11?

2ndly, God did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah without 1st checking to see how many righteous people were within those cities. How many righteous people would prevent their entire destruction? It was a fairly small percentage of the population that could keep those cities alive.

The US still has many good Christians in it, and I should think God will only bring limited judgment upon it until the vast number of these Christians go extinct. So there's hope for those of us who still live here and keep our witness alive, and as long as the State apparatus still allows us a measure of religious freedom.

Some of that freedom, I know, is already being taken away. During COVID religious gatherings were shut down in place under the authority of various states. The Federal Govt was advocating for the suppression of any religious speech that called Vaccinations into question. Religious speech was also suppressed that called into question that 2020 presidential election.

I don't know how God intends to use the US in these endtimes. But I do think it figures in God's plans presently. What other countries host so many Christians who give and who witness? And besides, many innocent people from other countries are being allowed to enter into the US--should they be judged too?

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
So true, but let me give you some balance on this. God didn't destroy pagan nations like Babylon all at once, the moment they became corrupt. The reason seems to be that God used ungodly nations to punish other ungodly nations. Babylon rained trouble down on many ungodly nations before she herself was judged by God.

The same may be true of the US. Before we (I am US) are completely hopeless we can still bring trouble upon many ungodly countries such as Iraq. Only God knows at what point the US itself will be judged--perhaps after a number of preceding "warning shots" like 9-11?

2ndly, God did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah without 1st checking to see how many righteous people were within those cities. How many righteous people would prevent their entire destruction? It was a fairly small percentage of the population that could keep those cities alive.

The US still has many good Christians in it, and I should think God will only bring limited judgment upon it until the vast number of these Christians go extinct. So there's hope for those of us who still live here and keep our witness alive, and as long as the State apparatus still allows us a measure of religious freedom.

Some of that freedom, I know, is already being taken away. During COVID religious gatherings were shut down in place under the authority of various states. The Federal Govt was advocating for the suppression of any religious speech that called Vaccinations into question. Religious speech was also suppressed that called into question that 2020 presidential election.

I don't know how God intends to use the US in these endtimes. But I do think it figures in God's plans presently. What other countries host so many Christians who give and who witness? And besides, many innocent people from other countries are being allowed to enter into the US--should they be judged too?
America has been used to bring judgment on other nations, especially in WW1 & WW2. WW2 was the last decisive war we won. You could argue Iraq 1, Desert Storm, because we got Saddam out of Kuwait, but it wasn't decisive because we had to go for a round 2, and now Iraq is still a hotspot.
Sometimes I wonder if America is restraining against the antichrist? Even though it seems more and more she is in agreement with that spirit.

I don't know when judgment will come, but am pretty sure it will come swiftly and by surprize. Could come from sleeper cells already in the country that launch a massive coordinated sabotage of infrastructure. I sometimes think Kim Jong Un could get a nuke through. We think of Russia and China as the biggest threats there, but it would be like God to use a little nation like N. Korea, or even Iran to humble us.

There are a number of "righteous" in America, but we don't know how that factors in. Abraham pleading for Sodom seems to be a unique case. Nineveh had to have full national repentance. Yet under King Josiah Israel had national repentance, and God still held to His promise to bring judgment for King Manassas sins, which He said He would not pardon, for the shedding of innocent blood. America has near 64 million babies killed in 50 years, then add atop that all the senseless mass shootings. And we are NOT experiencing a national revival. Instead we continue on the downward spiral.

But I rejoice when I see all the end time events lining up all over the world, because this brings us all the much closer to Christs return. If the Apostles preached the time is at hand, how much more so now are we closer?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,262.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jacob will lose his strength Jeremiah 30:7, Isaiah 17:4-6
Jacob/Israel, the father of the twelve tribes of Israel. We know of the visible entity of the State of Israel and the other Jewish people scattered around the world. But of the other ten tribes, who were taken out of the holy Land and dispersed in circa 715BCE, we cannot be certain of who or where they are now. This is as God wanted it to be. 1 Kings 12:24, Deuteronomy 4:27, Ezekiel 34:5

However, careful research of the historical record, archaeological evidence and things like DNA testing, confirms that they travelled to and settled in what is now the Western nations. The majority seem to be in Europe, North America and also Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Who the ‘Lost Tribes’ are now seems very much related to the Christian nations. Acts 26:7a

Therefore this disastrous event that will cause their loss of strength will affect all of them.
Isaiah 30:25-28 tells us that ‘on the Day fortresses fall’, the sun will explode out a huge coronal mass ejection, which will cause the literal and complete fulfilment of all the prophecies about the forthcoming ‘devouring fire, that sieves out the nations for destruction’. Habakkuk 3:12, Joel 2:6, Isaiah 34:1-4

Many prophecies say how all the world’s military powers will be destroyed and wiped out on this great Day of the Lord’s wrath. Hosea 2:18, Amos 5:9
Jeremiah 50:22-25 The sound of war and destruction is heard in the land. See how the hammer of the whole world is shattered and broken, how Babylon has become a thing of horror among the nations! They are trapped and punished because they challenged God. The Lord opens His armoury and brings out His weapons of wrath, this is His work to do in the lands of those who deny Him. Deuteronomy 32:22

Isaiah 18:1-7 Go swiftly My messengers to a distant land, a land of many rivers, to a people tall and smooth skinned; a nation strong and aggressive, dreaded by all the world. All the peoples of the earth will see the sign and hear the trumpet call for them. The Lord will wait and watch from His dwelling place, then when the ‘fruit is ripe’, the pruning will happen and ‘all the unwanted shoots and branches’, will be removed and burnt. [Rev. 14:14-16] Their land will be left to the wild birds and animals.

At that time, tribute will be brought by those people to the Lord. They will bring it to the place where the Name of the Lord of heavens armies dwells, to Mt Zion.
Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged.

The United States of America, is a land of many rivers, is the modern policeman of the world and is now a Babylon type nation. These tall and smooth skinned people challenge God with laws that refute the Commandments and atheist teaching, such as evolution. They are strong and aggressive and their power is feared by every nation of the world.
God is watching them and at the right time, He will open His storehouse, the sun, Deuteronomy 32:34-43, and destroy their strength by His terrible judgement of fire. The whole country will become virtually depopulated and the survivors will bring tribute to the Lord, in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
America has been used to bring judgment on other nations, especially in WW1 & WW2. WW2 was the last decisive war we won. You could argue Iraq 1, Desert Storm, because we got Saddam out of Kuwait, but it wasn't decisive because we had to go for a round 2, and now Iraq is still a hotspot.
Sometimes I wonder if America is restraining against the antichrist? Even though it seems more and more she is in agreement with that spirit.
I agree with that statement more than you may know! Yes, that's what I had in mind. God has been using America to judge nations, just like He used ancient Babylon. Initially, America helped to defend Europe, the heart of Christendom. But as you suggest, the West is turning antichristian, and America is following that trend.

The "restraint" of Antichrist's appearing, mentioned in 2 Thes 2, was thought by the early Church Fathers to be Roman Government. How right they were! They eventually saw the Roman Empire Christianized, which certainly prevented the rise of Antichrist!

America follows in a long line of Christian nations that have arisen out of the old Christianized Roman culture. And so, it has continued to provide this barrier against the rise of Antichrist.

But as the entire West, including America, falls into the apostasy there will gradually be no more restraint of Antichrist's appearance. Relatively speaking it likely won't be long before Antichrist rises to take possession of a new government structure in Europe, uniting 7 national leaders and 10 nations under his rule. Then we'll know there will 3.5 years of terror by Satan until Christ returns quickly.
I don't know when judgment will come, but am pretty sure it will come swiftly and by surprize. Could come from sleeper cells already in the country that launch a massive coordinated sabotage of infrastructure. I sometimes think Kim Jong Un could get a nuke through. We think of Russia and China as the biggest threats there, but it would be like God to use a little nation like N. Korea, or even Iran to humble us.
I don't think a small nation will do anything more than anger the U.S. It would spell their own doom. So I think countries like Iran and N. Korea just saber rattle. I take Russia's threats a little more seriously. But unless they strike overwhelmingly, they too will be completely destroyed. What political leader seals his own fate?

I'm convinced the final battle will take place with the rise of Antichrist, whose power will unite all European nations and enjoy support across the earth. All other powers will be afraid to attack him or to challenge him. Eventually, Asian countries, led by China, will likely attack him in the Middle East, in Israel. This will be a nuclear Armageddon.
There are a number of "righteous" in America, but we don't know how that factors in. Abraham pleading for Sodom seems to be a unique case. Nineveh had to have full national repentance. Yet under King Josiah Israel had national repentance, and God still held to His promise to bring judgment for King Manassas sins, which He said He would not pardon, for the shedding of innocent blood. America has near 64 million babies killed in 50 years, then add atop that all the senseless mass shootings. And we are NOT experiencing a national revival. Instead we continue on the downward spiral.
I disagree. I've been seeing evidence of sporadic revivals. We may see a conservative political backlash against Biden and his atheist endeavors, or false Christian endeavors. This may open the door for more isolated spiritual revivals.
But I rejoice when I see all the end time events lining up all over the world, because this brings us all the much closer to Christs return. If the Apostles preached the time is at hand, how much more so now are we closer?
Amen. Thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I know the restrainer today is thought to be the church or the Holy Spirit, but I'm more in line with the Roman empire (then) and what grew out of it (Europe & US/Canada) now.

There are sporadic & individual revivals. I'm thinking more along the lines of awakenings such as when Jonathan Edwards & George Whitefield preached, and those revivals paved the way for the faith of those who won the Revolutionary war.

Isaiah 24:5-6
"The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left."

This can be brought about by nuclear war, or CME, or perhaps some other form of divine intervention.

Is 24:18-20
"And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again."

Here sounds more like 2 Peter 2, at the very end - which results in the creation of a new heavens and new earth. The first part of the chapter is prior to that, because it says few men left, but not no one.

Jeremiah 4:23-28 describes the aftermath when there is no one left alive upon earth:
" I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.
For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it."

(I know some people use that for their GAP theory because of the wording "without form and void" that is comparable to Genesis 1, but it would mean there were men before the creation, and cities, and birds - all of which are mentioned. This is still future: the condition of earth just prior to Revelation 21)

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I know the restrainer today is thought to be the church or the Holy Spirit, but I'm more in line with the Roman empire (then) and what grew out of it (Europe & US/Canada) now.

There are sporadic & individual revivals. I'm thinking more along the lines of awakenings such as when Jonathan Edwards & George Whitefield preached, and those revivals paved the way for the faith of those who won the Revolutionary war.
Revival is not man initiated. How can you give credit to Rome or Europe?

Revivals come when individuals yield themselves in obedience to the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Revival is not man initiated. How can you give credit to Rome or Europe?

Revivals come when individuals yeild themselves in obedience to the Holy Spirit.

No one ever said Rome or Europe, or man was responsible for revival. It's a move of the Holy Ghost on people. He uses men to preach but ultimately it is the Spirits drawing and convicting to which people yield.
the only thing I was saying Rome or Europe had anything to do with was preventing an Antichrist world government, and ultimately that also is Gods sovereignty at work. As the Proverb says, the kings heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water, he turneth it whithersoever he will

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,858.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Edom:
Jeremiah 49:16
Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill: though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the Lord.
49:12,

For thus saith the Lord; Behold, they whose judgment was not to drink of the cup have assuredly drunken; and art thou he that shall altogether go unpunished? thou shalt not go unpunished, but thou shalt surely drink of it.

Babylon:
Jeremiah 50:23-24,
How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!
I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the Lord.
(America has been the most powerful nation on earth, "the hammer of the whole earth," but now she has striven against the LORD, and she shall be brought down. Most people will be shocked when it happens, but those who know the LORD, and who are in the Spirit, will not be shocked. Personally, I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened yet. I mean a full judgment as in destruction or a decisive defeat on our own shores. The only reason I can think of is we have not turned our back on Israel. As for sin, I posted a topic on how USA has committed the sins of Noahs day, the sins of Sodom, the sins of King
Manasseh, and the sins of Romans chapter 1.
There have been judgments of varying kind upon America in recent years: fires, storms, floods, all kinds of extreme weather, Covid, civil unrest, inflation... but these are just precursors )

51:7,
Babylon hath been a golden cup in the Lord's hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.
(Has not America been a golden cup in the LORDs hand: the most prosperous nation? But lately she has exported her filth and abominations to the rest of the world, making the nations drink of her wine.
Don't believe that? The US government says it! Advancing LGBTQI+ Inclusive Development | Basic Page | U.S. Agency for International Development
How about abortion? They do same: Today's Supreme Court Decision - United States Department of State
Secretary of State Anthony Blinkin wrote in 2022: "So let me be clear: under this Administration, the State Department will remain fully committed to helping provide access to reproductive health services and advancing reproductive rights around the world." )

51:30,
The mighty men of Babylon have forborn to fight, they have remained in their holds: their might hath failed; they became as women: they have burned her dwellingplaces; her bars are broken.
(It doesn't matter if USA has the best military in the world. God has the final say in these matters and if a nation turns their back on Him, He can destroy that nation howsoever He pleases, with a much weaker force in the natural. 9/11 proved USA is not untouchable.)

51:44,
And I will punish Bel in Babylon, and I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up: and the nations shall not flow together any more unto him: yea, the wall of Babylon shall fall.
(It looks like God Himself might be the one to solve the border problem, for certainly today the nations are flowing into America!)

51:53,
Though Babylon should mount up to heaven, and though she should fortify the height of her strength, yet from me shall spoilers come unto her, saith the Lord.
(America is the leader in space, and does now have Space Force as part of her military)

Isaiah 47:8-11,
Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:
But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children, and widowhood: they shall come upon thee in their perfection for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine enchantments.
For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.
Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.

(This is how it will go down: similar to 9/11 but much, much bigger. Let these scriptures speak for themselves. Revelation 17 & 18 also speak of Babylon: a future Babylon long after the original Babylon was no more.
The scriptures are written for examples. Although there was judgment on ancient Babylon, we can also see Babylon as a type - in this case comparable to America: a superpower, one that has the greatest influence on the rest of the world, that nations come to, and ultimately, that has mocked God)

Doesn't this imply that you should not be living in the US?

When judgement comes your death will be unfavorable. And it will be extremely painful due to radiation exposure. I guess if you don't mind being in agony for days then no problem. And thirsty too.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Doesn't this imply that you should not be living in the US?

When judgement comes your death will be unfavorable. And it will be extremely painful due to radiation exposure. I guess if you don't mind being in agony for days then no problem. And thirsty too.

Not really. Unless the LORD specifically gave such directions. I used to be somewhat of a prepper, but realize now when the end comes, it's gonna come. Eventually it will be world wide, so no place will be safe.

That also is dealing with only temporal safety, whereas those who are in Christ look for eternal things, a new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Isaiah 57:1 "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come."

Isaiah 24:15 "Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea."

Matthew 16:25 " For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."

Revelation 14:6-13 "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

Note here it says blessed are the dead who die in the Lord, after the judgment is pronounced and Babylon is fallen. There are instances when the Spirit leads a people to flee, such as Jesus telling the people to get out of Jerusalem when they see her surrounded by armies, or in Rev 12 the woman given a place in the wilderness that she might fly to.
My hope & prayer is if this all goes down, nuclear, or fire from heaven by Gods hand, that I be ground zero and not deal with the radiation poisoning..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,858.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really. Unless the LORD specifically gave such directions. I used to be somewhat of a prepper, but realize now when the end comes, it's gonna come. Eventually it will be world wide, so no place will be safe.

That also is dealing with only temporal safety, whereas those who are in Christ look for eternal things, a new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Isaiah 57:1 "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come."

Isaiah 24:15 "Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea."

Matthew 16:25 " For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."

Revelation 14:6-13 "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

Note here it says blessed are the dead who die in the Lord, after the judgment is pronounced and Babylon is fallen. There are instances when the Spirit leads a people to flee, such as Jesus telling the people to get out of Jerusalem when they see her surrounded by armies, or in Rev 12 the woman given a place in the wilderness that she might fly to.
My hope & prayer is if this all goes down, nuclear, or fire from heaven by Gods hand, that I be ground zero and not deal with the radiation poisoning..
What do you think about Revelation 18:4?

I assume that "do nothing" is the answer.

Warning to Escape Babylon’s Judgment
Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“‘Come out of her, my people,’
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
What do you think about Revelation 18:4?

I assume that "do nothing" is the answer.

Warning to Escape Babylon’s Judgment
Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“‘Come out of her, my people,’
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

That can have more than one meaning. One is come out from the system of Babylon, similar to 2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you." That involves separation from practices mainly, as well as people. For example, the drunkard must separate from going to the bar. Separating from old friends, though you may well still live in the same town.
I think a call to leave the big cities is realistic, and I know many who've done that, including myself.
When judgment came upon Israel, Judah, & Jerusalem the people remained there, and many were taken captive to Babylon. And in Jeremiah 40 the jews who remained were blessed.

The important thing is to be living in Christ, and to be proclaiming His gospel, including the judgments coming for individual and national sins, and that He will return. Remember, Jeremiah was in Jerusalem prophesying of the coming judgment, and was even imprisoned.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No one ever said Rome or Europe, or man was responsible for revival. It's a move of the Holy Ghost on people. He uses men to preach but ultimately it is the Spirits drawing and convicting to which people yield.
the only thing I was saying Rome or Europe had anything to do with was preventing an Antichrist world government, and ultimately that also is Gods sovereignty at work. As the Proverb says, the kings heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water, he turneth it whithersoever he will
Actually your point was that it was not the Holy Spirit that was restraining. What other Spirit from God other than the Holy Spirit works on the hearts of humans, even kings?

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually your point was that it was not the Holy Spirit that was restraining. What other Spirit from God other than the Holy Spirit works on the hearts of humans, even kings?

I specifically meant the Holy Spirit in the saints, the church, which is what a major portion of evangelicals believe. In my previous post I did mention the kings heart in the hand of the LORD

Upvote 0