May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This has nothing to do with making Heaven on Earth. This is about trying to capture bad people.

Its an attempt to make utopian society through human power....and utopias always become dystopias because they always descend into totalitarianism in their never-ending quest to control the "bad" things.

Human utopianism ALWAYS results in overkill.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Its an attempt to make utopian society through human power....and utopias always become dystopias because they always descend into totalitarianism in their never-ending quest to control the "bad" things.

Human utopianism ALWAYS results in overkill.

If we were going for a utopia, imbedded chips monitoring activity would be the way to go, not trying to catch them after the fact..

This really is not a religious issue

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What tin foil hat is needed? They can watch you make it, listen to every word you say and report to no one that they did it, unless there is a crime committed.
Tin foil reflects the RF. ;)

At least that's the theory. Realistically, preventing the RF intrusion would require a total metal shield. Metal screen would be the lowest cost solution.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If we were going for a utopia, imbedded chips monitoring activity would be the way to go, not trying to catch them after the fact..

That will probably be along shortly (no, I don't think its "the mark of the beast").

This really is not a religious issue

Everything is a religion issue, because everything is about what you worship.

Utopias make an idol of human power and they ALWAYS become dystopian totalitarianism.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How long are Americans going to accept that their intelligence agencies and law enforcement officials can trample on the Constitution, before doing something about it?

I would like a written constitution here in the UK, but don't see much point, when the Americans barely pay attention to theirs- and regardless, I don't think our police would ever be allowed to get their hands on this technology.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That will probably be along shortly (no, I don't think its "the mark of the beast").

Everything is a religion issue, because everything is about what you worship.

Utopias make an idol of human power and they ALWAYS become dystopian totalitarianism.

The internet is a tool of the devil....

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟389,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like the building cost on my next home will go up a bit
Need IR Blocking Windows / Walls / Attic to prevent the IR Cameras
Need Radar Blocking Windows / Walls / Attic to prevent the Radar Cameras
Need LCD Windows to prevent lite leakage at night / when I want privacy.
Security Doors to prevent unwanted Entry.

I wonder how much a moat would cost ?

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how much worse can it get? As mentioned earlier, the constitution is appearing to be pretty meaningless these days with things like this being allowed

Until now the gov have been able to keep crime to a dull roar without needing to peep on innocent couples in their own homes

this is sickening

ironic that the much touted "land of the free" is now one of the least free societies in the world

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
When is it proper to look inside someones house without a warrant?
You don't seem to realize this isn't really "looking inside" a home.....it just shows if anyone is in the home and if they're in motion. It's not like some magical camera that can peer through walls.

To answer the question, when there is criminal activity known/suspected. Yes there is potential for abuse, but that can be said about almost anything. I doubt cops will start driving around just waving it at people's homes, if for no other reason that it would be uninteresting.

Frankly I think some of you watch way too many movies ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You don't seem to realize this isn't really "looking inside" a home.....it just shows if anyone is in the home and if they're in motion. It's not like some magical camera that can peer through walls.
Remembering that we were once told that airport scanners don't show body parts either. Just sayin ...

Upvote 0
P

Protocol11

this has already been decided. this tech needs a warrant. these agencies have been breaking the law and they knew it. thats why they kept it hush hush. there is the potential for abuse because so far, theyve been abusing it every time they used it. the tech should be banned from being used by domestic law enforcement. and if banning it get cops killed, too bad so sad. too much abuse and secrecy. cant trust them. and our constitutional right to privacy is infinitely more important than the life of some cop.

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remembering that we were once told that airport scanners don't show body parts either. Just sayin ...

exactly
just like the nsa checking out people's sex notes/pics etc, because they had the tech to do it

people cannot be trusted with this kind of invasive technology-this has been shown to be the case over and over again

amazing how quickly a fearful society is willing to throw away privacy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I think most people want the government to have all of the power cuz they want safety.
I can't imagine why you'd think that. I think nobody feels that way. In fact, most people feel the less power the govt has the better (unless of course it benefits them, then by all means...... :doh: )

Upvote 0

Heardthebells

Feb 21, 2013
✟8,316.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When you rely on man to try to make the Kingdom of God here on earth....you rapidly move from a Utopian dream to a Dystopian reality.

Free countries today could be headed towards tyranny. We have already had to free ourselves from false kings before - just a continuous perpetual cycle.

Upvote 0