United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
When is it proper to look inside someones house without a warrant?

If 4th amendment doesn't apply to our homes, then it doesn't apply anywhere.

Severe restrictions need to be in place to monitor police and the times they use it. Bored cop plays with this device and watches people for no reason.
Everytime it displays a picture, it should be reporting to superiors and/or to a data base, accessable by civilian groups and lawyers.
There's no picture. It's not X-ray vision! ^_^ You can't watch anyone. It just lets them know if there's movement within the structure and how far away it is. I imagine this could save lives if there's an active shooter and/or hostage situation. It could also make vacation watch a lot more efficient, and they could use it to know what they're up against before breaking down a door.

I agree there should be restrictions. There's no reason to use it unless they have a reason to believe there's danger.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Not me.

I fear unlimited power in the hands of the government.

I fear unlimited power in the hands of anyone, government included.

Privacy has been eroding for the last 2 decades at an increasing rate, with spy satellites being used domestically, internet usage and communications being monitored, and now activity inside homes being accessible by law enforcement as well. At this point, even the illusion of privacy is eroding, and more and more people are realizing that big brother is no longer confined to the fiction of 1984.

Upvote 0

Bedford

May 10, 2013
✟13,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Not me.

I fear unlimited power in the hands of the government.

I believe than most of us here are in agreement that this is a bad thing. Some like to argue over which party is to blame, but I believe that both parties deserve equal blame.

Politicians spend much of their time creating a division between parties with trivial issues, when we should be more together against them and their power-grab on We the People.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I believe than most of us here are in agreement that this is a bad thing. Some like to argue over which party is to blame, but I believe that both parties deserve equal blame.

Politicians spend much of their time creating a division between parties with trivial issues, when we should be more together against them and their power-grab on We the People.

Absolutely. Politics in the US is a rigged game, in which there are generally two "options", both representing the establishment, while offering contrasting rhetoric that caters to the two primary party bases. While there are certainly some difference in policy preferences between the two parties, both parties overwhelmingly cater to big business and big money (as that is who foots the bill for their incessantly recurring election campaigns).

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's no picture. It's not X-ray vision! ^_^ You can't watch anyone. It just lets them know if there's movement within the structure and how far away it is. I imagine this could save lives if there's an active shooter and/or hostage situation. It could also make vacation watch a lot more efficient, and they could use it to know what they're up against before breaking down a door.

I agree there should be restrictions. There's no reason to use it unless they have a reason to believe there's danger.

OH, so they created the motion detector from Aliens.

Upvote 0