Unpardonable Sin...

Oct 6, 2014
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I do believe God is being gracious to you (v3), reading what you have said, so then this should apply to you from Apostle Peter,

1 Peter 2 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

So you should definitely not give up any hope for your situation, in due time you will be rewarded for seeking after Christ. God is a rewarder of all those who diligently seek Him. No one seeks for God unless God begins His work inside of them, so your seeking Him should be a sign to you that He is at work within you. And if God be for you, then who can be against you?

Actually you can read His words and pray asking Him to help you, and wait then on God for Him to awaken within you inside your soul that feeling you are seeming to be missing that He does care for your soul.

Matthew 10
Jesus Teaches the Fear of God
27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Confess Christ Before Men
32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Galatians 6
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

1 Peter 5
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

It's true, I've sought after him. But not consistently. Yes I have gone through long seasons of asking him constantly to make himself known and to ultimately bring me close to him. But I have also taken advantage of his patience and mercy time and time again. I have also gone through long seasons of ignoring God as well. Yes I've sought after him, but not as diligently as I may have unintentionally made it sound. During these seasons, saying a quick and short prayer for God to intervene and tirn me back to him is the greatest passion I can muster. I've known my sin even as I've committed it.

Once more: Am I still able to say boldly to Christ "I believe you died for me and I now rest in that"?

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do believe God is being gracious to you (v3), reading what you have said, so then this should apply to you from Apostle Peter,

2 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,

So you should definitely not give up any hope for your situation, in due time you will be rewarded for seeking after Christ. God is a rewarder of all those who diligently seek Him. No one seeks for God unless God begins His work inside of them, so your seeking Him should be a sign to you that He is at work within you. And if God be for you, then who can be against you?

Actually you can read His words and pray asking Him to help you, and wait then on God for Him to awaken within you inside your soul that feeling you are seeming to be missing that He does care for your soul.

Matthew 10
27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops.
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.

32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Galatians 6
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

1 Peter 5
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God resists the proud,

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
1 John chapter 4
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
Love covers many sins.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2014
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Matthew 10

Galatians 6

1 Peter 5

“God resists the proud,

I know I just replied, but I wanted to reiterate that I do acknowledge Christ's ability to save. I just am unsure about my place in that. You insist God is being gracious to me. Perhaps that is the case. Its just hard to believe after years of calling out to him, but also buying in to worldly pleasures and willfully taking advantage of his mercy time and time again. For Christ to look at that and say "yes, I will pay for that", its a lot to process.

Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know I just replied, but I wanted to reiterate that I do acknowledge Christ's ability to save. I just am unsure about my place in that. You insist God is being gracious to me. Perhaps that is the case. Its just hard to believe after years of calling out to him, but also buying in to worldly pleasures and willfully taking advantage of his mercy time and time again. For Christ to look at that and say "yes, I will pay for that", its a lot to process.
Galatians chapter 3 verse 24,25,23
so the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith now that faith has come we are no longer under the supervision of the law before this faith came we were held prisoners by the law locked up until faith should be revealed.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Red,

You have seen many verses tossed out and all are very good. You seemed to have questioned your salvation. In truth only you and God can know your salvation state. Every other verse that people have shown you reinforces what John said in 1 John 5:13 "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life"

If you say you are saved, then I believe you.

But what I have said before still holds true. You need to find a church home in which someone who is more mature in their relationship with Christ, can help you grow in your own relationship. There is a reason that Paul used the analogy of milk and more solid food. A baby cannot feed itself and must rely upon others to feed it. We need to be fed when we first experience Christ and to be shown how to feed ourselves and feel secure in where we are. This person needs to be able to spend time with you, not in a classroom, not once a week on Sundays just before lunch...but to be able to walk you through every nuance of what it means to be a Christian and to back that all up with the Bible and why the Bible is important, why having a church family is important, why praying is important, everything. All of this builds your faith and confidence in who you are in Christ and prepares you for what God may have in store for you.

Reactions: Jesus First
Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2014
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Red,

You have seen many verses tossed out and all are very good. You seemed to have questioned your salvation. In truth only you and God can know your salvation state. Every other verse that people have shown you reinforces what John said in 1 John 5:13 "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life"

If you say you are saved, then I believe you.

But what I have said before still holds true. You need to find a church home in which someone who is more mature in their relationship with Christ, can help you grow in your own relationship. There is a reason that Paul used the analogy of milk and more solid food. A baby cannot feed itself and must rely upon others to feed it. We need to be fed when we first experience Christ and to be shown how to feed ourselves and feel secure in where we are. This person needs to be able to spend time with you, not in a classroom, not once a week on Sundays just before lunch...but to be able to walk you through every nuance of what it means to be a Christian and to back that all up with the Bible and why the Bible is important, why having a church family is important, why praying is important, everything. All of this builds your faith and confidence in who you are in Christ and prepares you for what God may have in store for you.
Thank you.

I know I have said basically the same thing over and over, but I just wanted to make sure I was being understood. I don't want someone to think I mean one thing and try helping me on something that has nothing to do with what I'm really getting at.

But it seems when I expect condemnation the most people insist on telling me there is still hope. It's just difficult to process.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Thank you.

I know I have said basically the same thing over and over, but I just wanted to make sure I was being understood. I don't want someone to think I mean one thing and try helping me on something that has nothing to do with what I'm really getting at.

But it seems when I expect condemnation the most people insist on telling me there is still hope. It's just difficult to process.
Understood. But remember this as well...if you expect condemnation and receive nothing but love then you have met those who are living out their faith in accordance to what Christ taught. If you expect condemnation and receive it...well...let's just say it is time to find different people :)

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2014
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Understood. But remember this as well...if you expect condemnation and receive nothing but love then you have met those who are living out their faith in accordance to what Christ taught. If you expect condemnation and receive it...well...let's just say it is time to find different people :)
There is just always room to question my motivations. So my fear of Hell is a sign of the spirit still working. But maybe deep dow I'm really just tired of the bad feelings associated with it. Because looking back, as soon as the bad feelings were gone, it was back to worldliness. There just can't be hope for me.

I don't know if anypne truly gets what ive been trying to say.

I don't communicate well so I don't know if I'm making sense or not. I hope I didn't pester sdowney717 but I was asking him specifically because he really seemed to be knowledgable on the sibject and so felt what he would say is accurate. I do have a pastor. But his idea of this sin is different than my own. If his belief about it is wong than his aevice may be wrong as well. When sdowney717 didn't respond I got a bit anxious becaise I thought it was because either I was being over bearing or he had decided I really was hopeless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
Sdowney is good folk. If he has not responded I am sure it is not because he felt pestered...but more than likely just away from the computer. Weekends are slow on this forum, and I have noticed some folks can be gone for a few days then come back...they must have a life or something :p

You communicate fine. I can easily say there is always hope for you, but just saying it does not always provide you the reassurance you may need. And if you and your pastor don't agree on what sin is...then you don't have a pastor. And by that I mean if you two cannot agree on the principles of what sin, then how can anyone as a pastor lead you away from what you don't agree upon. But you have to be willing to understand that in a situation where there is disagreement, more than likely one person is right and the other is wrong, and you have to be willing to admit and accept if you are wrong. This would go for your pastor as well. Fortunately when it comes to defining what sin is...you, nor your pastor, have to define it...God already has.

Red you still have my prayers. And never hesitate if you need to chat or something to IM me.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am wondering why the OSAS folks don't chime in, and tell CR there is nothing to worry about?

CR is experiencing a real life situation. All the beliefs of OSAS won't help him now. He needs love and compassion. This is coming from his heart, and not his head.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
There is just always room to question my motivations. So my fear of Hell is a sign of the spirit still working. But maybe deep dow I'm really just tired of the bad feelings associated with it. Because looking back, as soon as the bad feelings were gone, it was back to worldliness. There just can't be hope for me.

I don't know if anypne truly gets what ive been trying to say.

I don't communicate well so I don't know if I'm making sense or not. I hope I didn't pester sdowney717 but I was asking him specifically because he really seemed to be knowledgable on the sibject and so felt what he would say is accurate. I do have a pastor. But his idea of this sin is different than my own. If his belief about it is wong than his aevice may be wrong as well. When sdowney717 didn't respond I got a bit anxious becaise I thought it was because either I was being over bearing or he had decided I really was hopeless.

I don't give up on people usually, and don't see any reason to give up on you hoping you can come to an understanding with the Father and Christ about what is happening in your life. And I can not be your advocate with the Father God as Christ is our advocate and He does a much better and perfect job, or give to you the faith you need to believe that God is for you, but I can tell you to seek God in study of His words, and in prayer and also offer prayers for you.
But if you do not heed that, then none to blame except yourself.
God has no pleasure in people who pull back from Him, He does reward people who press onwards towards Him persevering through trials in belief and faith who have that hope in their hearts that He hears them and will come to their rescue in His perfect timing.

Luke 9:62
But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
Recall those who look back in scriptures tend to not have a good outcome in life such as Lot's wife.

The idea we have here is Jesus is telling us to press on in faith, not doubting God's precious promises, because God is looking for those who have faith to show His power in them and for their good as well. All things work to the good of them that love God, who are the called according to His purposes.
Even Apostle Paul had personal struggles, but his attitude is one we are all to emulate, and that is to forsake - forget the things which are behind, and press on, reaching forward to the good things which are ahead for us who have entrusted our welfare to Christ.

If you have committed sins, then confess them to God and His precious promise is to cleanse you from all unrighteousness, although that may be a painful experience , the glory that is to be revealed far exceeds the pains and problems which have plagued us in this life in the flesh. And He already knows everything you have done. If you believe in Christ, then that promise is for you to also believe in faith that Christ and God are who they say they are, and deal with you according to what their words say to you in the scripture.

1 John 1:5-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
Fellowship with Him and One Another
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Philippians 3
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Pressing Toward the Goal
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2014
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't give up on people usually, and don't see any reason to give up on you hoping you can come to an understanding with the Father and Christ about what is happening in your life. And I can not be your advocate with the Father God as Christ is our advocate and He does a much better and perfect job, or give to you the faith you need to believe that God is for you, but I can tell you to seek God in study of His words, and in prayer and also offer prayers for you.
But if you do not heed that, then none to blame except yourself.
God has no pleasure in people who pull back from Him, He does reward people who press onwards towards Him persevering through trials in belief and faith who have that hope in their hearts that He hears them and will come to their rescue in His perfect timing.

Luke 9:62
But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
Recall those who look back in scriptures tend to not have a good outcome in life such as Lot's wife.

The idea we have here is Jesus is telling us to press on in faith, not doubting God's precious promises, because God is looking for those who have faith to show His power in them and for their good as well. All things work to the good of them that love God, who are the called according to His purposes.
Even Apostle Paul had personal struggles, but his attitude is one we are all to emulate, and that is to forsake - forget the things which are behind, and press on, reaching forward to the good things which are ahead for us who have entrusted our welfare to Christ.

If you have committed sins, then confess them to God and His precious promise is to cleanse you from all unrighteousness, although that may be a painful experience , the glory that is to be revealed far exceeds the pains and problems which have plagued us in this life in the flesh. And He already knows everything you have done. If you believe in Christ, then that promise is for you to also believe in faith that Christ and God are who they say they are, and deal with you according to what their words say to you in the scripture.

1 John 1:5-8 New King James Version (NKJV)
Fellowship with Him and One Another
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Philippians 3
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

Pressing Toward the Goal
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
But I have looked back.

You insist God is being gracious to me. That is such an encouragement. Alright, so I'll study his words, I'll pray more, and I'll confess. But I don't know how to believe other than just pray for the ability to do so. And believe on what basis? It's very bold to just up and say "yes, Christ died for me and I know it". I could be trusting in a sacrifice that was never made for me, like those who will cry "lord, lord". Then again, if I'm trusting in it, then it is indication that he has died for me. Do you see how this is confusing to me? I try so hard looking to Christ's righteousness, but I'm never sure if it is meant to be applied to me. God is so very good. I don't deserve any graciousness he may be showing me. I always expect condemnation when I present what I've done to others. But everyone insists on preaching grace, grace, and more grace. I'm always surprised. But here I am, and I just don't know what to do. I'm told to pray, so I pray. And when I see nothing come of it, I assume it's because I'm not praying in faith. So I pray to have the faith to pray for salvation. And it just goes on, and on, and on.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
But I have looked back.

You insist God is being gracious to me. That is such an encouragement. Alright, so I'll study his words, I'll pray more, and I'll confess. But I don't know how to believe other than just pray for the ability to do so. And believe on what basis? It's very bold to just up and say "yes, Christ died for me and I know it". I could be trusting in a sacrifice that was never made for me, like those who will cry "lord, lord". Then again, if I'm trusting in it, then it is indication that he has died for me. Do you see how this is confusing to me? I try so hard looking to Christ's righteousness, but I'm never sure if it is meant to be applied to me. God is so very good. I don't deserve any graciousness he may be showing me. I always expect condemnation when I present what I've done to others. But everyone insists on preaching grace, grace, and more grace. I'm always surprised. But here I am, and I just don't know what to do. I'm told to pray, so I pray. And when I see nothing come of it, I assume it's because I'm not praying in faith. So I pray to have the faith to pray for salvation. And it just goes on, and on, and on.

Well, this is of course a personal faith that we have between God and man, no one can believe for you except you. If I were you, I would be asking for God to help me, reveal His truth to me, guide my steps, protect my mind, and lead me to other christian people for fellowship and be honest with God about those doubts and fears, cast your cares on Him for He cares for you.

Those who come to God must believe that He is. Recall what God told Moses, He said, I am that I am.
Christ has left His testament to us in the words that He inspired in His people as the scriptures. Experiences are nice and all or maybe not so nice, but in the scriptures we have a sure word. And in the scriptures are things that other people can share about how God saves us in a forthright, clear and objective manner.
Life can seem to be a drudgery, as Paul said we long to put on immortality and go and be with Christ, but things have to be worked out in this life in the flesh for the moment. We are commanded to be thankful to God in all things.
Thing is we need to be honest with God about our own failings and look to Him as our only hope in life.
Ask Him to open up your mind to understand the scriptures.

Ephesians 5:3-4
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

Ephesians 5:20
giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Colossians 1:3
[ Their Faith in Christ ] We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Colossians 1:12
giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the parable of the prodigal son, the son takes his inheritance and goes abroad where he spends all his money and is on the verge of starvation before he decides to return home. When his father sees him in the distance coming home he runs to meet his son and restores him to his heritage. All is forgiven and all is forgotten.

This is the same way our Father in heaven will greet us when we return home after we go astray and ask for His forgiveness.

Be Blessed,

Alan

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
In the parable of the prodigal son, the son takes his inheritance and goes abroad where he spends all his money and is on the verge of starvation before he decides to return home. When his father sees him in the distance coming home he runs to meet his son and restores him to his heritage. All is forgiven and all is forgotten.

This is the same way our Father in heaven will greet us when we return home after we go astray and ask for His forgiveness.

Be Blessed,

Alan
Yes, that is the correct way to understand God's compassion for us. The prodigal son was always a son of the Father, just gone astray, he never ceased being a part of the family of God to God. The Father kept looking and waiting for his return, which makes you think the Father knew the wayward son was going to come back.

20 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

As Peter tells us

1 Peter 2:25
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

We who are saved are drawn to Christ by the Father beforehand. As was the prodigal son drawn back to the Father by the Father. God uses means to bring us to Himself.
John 6
43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 6, 2014
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, this is of course a personal faith that we have between God and man, no one can believe for you except you. If I were you, I would be asking for God to help me, reveal His truth to me, guide my steps, protect my mind, and lead me to other christian people for fellowship and be honest with God about those doubts and fears, cast your cares on Him for He cares for you.

Those who come to God must believe that He is. Recall what God told Moses, He said, I am that I am.
Christ has left His testament to us in the words that He inspired in His people as the scriptures. Experiences are nice and all or maybe not so nice, but in the scriptures we have a sure word. And in the scriptures are things that other people can share about how God saves us in a forthright, clear and objective manner.
Life can seem to be a drudgery, as Paul said we long to put on immortality and go and be with Christ, but things have to be worked out in this life in the flesh for the moment. We are commanded to be thankful to God in all things.
Thing is we need to be honest with God about our own failings and look to Him as our only hope in life.
Ask Him to open up your mind to understand the scriptures.

Ephesians 5:3-4
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

Ephesians 5:20
giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Colossians 1:3
[ Their Faith in Christ ] We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Colossians 1:12
giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

Indeed. I am honest with God, in that I confess to him what I've done and hide nothing from him. And I ask repeatedly that he give me a greater passion for the word, and to reveal things to me as I read it. I've gotten recently in to a good (presbyterian) church where the word seems to be preached in truth. And I pray that God lead me to belief. Though, I have very much neglected the word and prayer for a while now. But all I know to do at this point is to put myself amid those means of grace and continuously ask God for his mercy. I know in my mind that he has a merciful nature, and so I just simply ask that he might show that mercy to me. Like I said, I have neglected prayer and reading the word for a while now. But during the seasons when I have been praying and reading, that's how it goes.

What do you make of that? I suppose I should just pick it back up, correct?

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2014
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Be Blessed,

Alan
I've heard this so many times. I love it.

But, whether or not I'm right in this or not, I have it in mind that it's just too good to be true of me.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've heard this so many times. I love it.

But, whether or not I'm right in this or not, I have it in mind that it's just too good to be true of me.

There is none Righteous, no, not one. HE imparts His Righteousness to us. We are occupied by and encapsulated in that precious Truth.

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
I am wondering why the OSAS folks don't chime in, and tell CR there is nothing to worry about?

CR is experiencing a real life situation. All the beliefs of OSAS won't help him now. He needs love and compassion. This is coming from his heart, and not his head.
You obviously have skipped over my posts.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Indeed. I am honest with God, in that I confess to him what I've done and hide nothing from him. And I ask repeatedly that he give me a greater passion for the word, and to reveal things to me as I read it. I've gotten recently in to a good (presbyterian) church where the word seems to be preached in truth. And I pray that God lead me to belief. Though, I have very much neglected the word and prayer for a while now. But all I know to do at this point is to put myself amid those means of grace and continuously ask God for his mercy. I know in my mind that he has a merciful nature, and so I just simply ask that he might show that mercy to me. Like I said, I have neglected prayer and reading the word for a while now. But during the seasons when I have been praying and reading, that's how it goes.

What do you make of that? I suppose I should just pick it back up, correct?

Well, yes, you should always get back in the game and not lose heart.
Jesus also says men should pray often and not grow faint.
And He said ask and keep on asking, seek, and keep on seeking.
Matthew 7:7
[ Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking ] “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Luke 11:9
[ Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking ] “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Proverbs 24:16
For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity.

Jesus told Peter to forgive someone who sinned against him not seven times, but seventy times seven in a single day.
Point is with all these scriptures, is do not give up hoping and believing that God can and will deliver you.

Matthew 18
21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Luke 18 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Parable of the Persistent Widow
18 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”

6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

This parable is not teaching that we wear God out with our prayers-requests, it is that how much more God readily and speedily comes to the aid of His elect than this unrighteous human judge did. AND the admonition is to pray and not lose heart, so it might seem that help is a long time coming, but that is from our pov, not His own.

If you read the story of Daniel, as soon as Daniel started to pray and ask God for divine wisdom, God sent out His angel, but the enemy withstood God's messenger something like 21 days. There exists about us spiritual powers and there is some warfare ongoing of which we are unawares.

Last edited:
Upvote 0