Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is Nichole Eckert (you can call me Nikki). I am 36 years old and I'm blind. I live in a high rise building and have a studio apartment, which is easy for me to clean in and get around in. I've been a Christian, since I was 21 years old. I used to go to an Evangelical church, but I got away from it because I thought the pastor was arrogant. So then, I admit I relapsed and turned to my old ways (the way I acted before I became a Christian. I was not going to church for a long time, I was drinking and getting drunk a lot, I was just doing whatever I wanted, until one day the Holy Spirit convicted me on everything I was doing wrong and so then, I decided to change and take God seriously. Just at the end of this past September, I started going to a Pentecostal church and I love it there and that's where I still go to, now. It's not like just a regular church that you dread going to or you think it's boring, at the church I go to now, we're like a family, a second home, and the church is a safe place that we can talk about anything. My Pastor is very friendly and family-oriented and he gets us into all kinds of activities, encourages us to fellowship with one another, and even tries to reach out to those, who aren't yet saved, which is awesome. I'm not saying no other church does that, I'm sure they do, I was just explaining how my church is. This one is called New Life Assembly of God in Tamaqua and the one I went to years ago was Bethany Evangelical Congregational Church in Tamaqua. The Bethany ECC is right across the street from where I live and New Life is in the same town I live in, but on another street. What I also love about New Life is the people there are very loving and when I testify about things I had done wrong, they give me encouragement, rather than judging and shaming me and they always show me how I can live a better life and do what God says. However, they will tell me the truth and will correct me if I do something wrong, but it's in a loving way. What made me become a Christian was not just my friend and her parents begging me to, though I'm thankful they did, but I went to a Women of Faith confrence with them and I enjoyed hearing the speakers talk about their lives in Christ and it made me want that life. However, after going to Bethany ECC, it made me angry at God for a while and that was when I had my relapse, but when I went to New Life, that's where the Holy Spirit really transformed me and still is to this day. Since then, I'm really trying to live the way God wants me to live. I gave up drinking, I gave up watching a lot of shows I used to watch because of the sins they had in the shows, I just listen to the 700 Club and other God speakers if I want to listen to something, I gave up secular music and only listen to Christian music, I gave up telling white lies to not hurt people's feelings, and I try my hardest not to cuss or take God's name in vein, though something does slip out once in a while, but whenever I do something wrong, I do ask God for forgiveness and to help me not do it again. Some of my hobbies are: I like to walk, play games, do crafts, cook, study God's word, church, bible study, bowling, golfing, swimming, playing with animals, talking with friends, listening to Christian music, listening to Christian speakers and the 700 Club, and any kind of sporty thing I can easily do. I will admit, though, I also like to eat and sometimes I eat too much, which I know is gluttony and I have to work on that. Sometimes food or non-alcoholic drinks taste so good I want to keep eating them or drinking them, but I'm trying to work on that.

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Nikki. Enjoyed your testimony! Just like your church family, you'll find we all share the same struggles here too. Overcomers all!
You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed my testimony! I also forgot to mention on my post that the reason I came on this site was so that all of you on here can learn from me and so I can learn from you guys.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Reactions: Nmeckert
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, my name is Nichole Eckert (you can call me Nikki). I am 36 years old and I'm blind. I live in a high rise building and have a studio apartment, which is easy for me to clean in and get around in. I've been a Christian, since I was 21 years old. I used to go to an Evangelical church, but I got away from it because I thought the pastor was arrogant. So then, I admit I relapsed and turned to my old ways (the way I acted before I became a Christian. I was not going to church for a long time, I was drinking and getting drunk a lot, I was just doing whatever I wanted, until one day the Holy Spirit convicted me on everything I was doing wrong and so then, I decided to change and take God seriously. Just at the end of this past September, I started going to a Pentecostal church and I love it there and that's where I still go to, now. It's not like just a regular church that you dread going to or you think it's boring, at the church I go to now, we're like a family, a second home, and the church is a safe place that we can talk about anything. My Pastor is very friendly and family-oriented and he gets us into all kinds of activities, encourages us to fellowship with one another, and even tries to reach out to those, who aren't yet saved, which is awesome. I'm not saying no other church does that, I'm sure they do, I was just explaining how my church is. This one is called New Life Assembly of God in Tamaqua and the one I went to years ago was Bethany Evangelical Congregational Church in Tamaqua. The Bethany ECC is right across the street from where I live and New Life is in the same town I live in, but on another street. What I also love about New Life is the people there are very loving and when I testify about things I had done wrong, they give me encouragement, rather than judging and shaming me and they always show me how I can live a better life and do what God says. However, they will tell me the truth and will correct me if I do something wrong, but it's in a loving way. What made me become a Christian was not just my friend and her parents begging me to, though I'm thankful they did, but I went to a Women of Faith confrence with them and I enjoyed hearing the speakers talk about their lives in Christ and it made me want that life. However, after going to Bethany ECC, it made me angry at God for a while and that was when I had my relapse, but when I went to New Life, that's where the Holy Spirit really transformed me and still is to this day. Since then, I'm really trying to live the way God wants me to live. I gave up drinking, I gave up watching a lot of shows I used to watch because of the sins they had in the shows, I just listen to the 700 Club and other God speakers if I want to listen to something, I gave up secular music and only listen to Christian music, I gave up telling white lies to not hurt people's feelings, and I try my hardest not to cuss or take God's name in vein, though something does slip out once in a while, but whenever I do something wrong, I do ask God for forgiveness and to help me not do it again. Some of my hobbies are: I like to walk, play games, do crafts, cook, study God's word, church, bible study, bowling, golfing, swimming, playing with animals, talking with friends, listening to Christian music, listening to Christian speakers and the 700 Club, and any kind of sporty thing I can easily do. I will admit, though, I also like to eat and sometimes I eat too much, which I know is gluttony and I have to work on that. Sometimes food or non-alcoholic drinks taste so good I want to keep eating them or drinking them, but I'm trying to work on that.
Welcome Nikki! Thank you for the introduction! :wave:

Reactions: Nmeckert
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF!

It is a shame that voice to text technology, while amazing in a lot of ways, does not insert paragraph breaks. I am glad that it is good enough to give you a voice here and allow you to be easily understood. Praise the Lord!

Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Glad you decided to join us Nichole!
Thanks I'm glad I did as well! Like I said, my goal is to share about the Lord with others and learn from others. I just taught a bible study, today in my High Rise building. My pastor couldn't come because he wasn't feeling well, so I asked if I could run it and he said, "yes". I only had four people in my class, but we still had a good conversation about proverbs 5, which deals with adultery. We actually ended bible study a little late. Oh well, it was worth keeping one another fed in the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Amen! Unfortunately, people are hungry for love and want to just be loved and cared for, but so many people don't look to God, they look in all the wrong places, in temporary fixes that only hurt and damage in the end like addictions, adultery, lust, fornication, or anything else they put above God.

Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Nikki! Thank you for the introduction! :wave:
You're welcome! I do know we still sin as Christians, but I find the closer we get to God, we just sin lesser than we did before and we try our best to do what he wants. I think the real problem is when people purposely continue in their sin and don't repent. Though I do admit I do feel horrible when I do sin, but I learned that I need to not beat myself up because doing so will make me want to sin more, but instead, I need to just repent, try my best not to do it again, and move on. And I know for me, as I started going to my church I go to now and the bible studies and as I got closer to the Lord, I gave up pretty many things I realized I was doing wrong. I'll never be perfect, I know that, but at least now I don't feel like a lukewarm Christian anymore lol.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're welcome! I do know we still sin as Christians, but I find the closer we get to God, we just sin lesser than we did before and we try our best to do what he wants. I think the real problem is when people purposely continue in their sin and don't repent. Though I do admit I do feel horrible when I do sin, but I learned that I need to not beat myself up because doing so will make me want to sin more, but instead, I need to just repent, try my best not to do it again, and move on. And I know for me, as I started going to my church I go to now and the bible studies and as I got closer to the Lord, I gave up pretty many things I realized I was doing wrong. I'll never be perfect, I know that, but at least now I don't feel like a lukewarm Christian anymore lol.
The lukewarm feeling is not a great place to be. I’m glad you feel you moved past that. :)

Upvote 0