Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
! could quote chapter and verse but that would not change your mind. One dare not simply give "opinions" on these matters.

And yet that is what you have done.

Scripture:

1 Tim 1:19
Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked.

Upvote 0

Jesus First

Lover of Jesus Christ
Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all repentance at the outset is a condition for salvation. Secondly the one who is truly saved examines himself daily, and if necessary repents if he is sinning. Thirdly, if a Christian does not repent, God chastises him, and if he continues to sin, then there is "a sin unto death", which means the premature death of the believer. See Acts 5:1-16.
Brither Job8,

I respecfully disagree on some points you made. One primarily, where does it say in Acts 5:1-16 that this was a sin unto death where they were still saved when they died? Does this passage in Acts say that they died as believers? Or, is this an assumption on your part?

In Christ!

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Brother Tiny Bible,

So you are saying that that God does not place any condition(s) on the unsaved to be saved? In other words, the unsaved are uncapable of believing in Jesus Christ?

Can you back this up from Scripture without violating accepted principles of interpretation? That is, where the context and grammar (author's intent) teaches what you believe without bringing assumptions?

Thank you.

In Christ!
My identity on my profile beside my posts indicates I am female.

And I believe you've confused your reply to my post for that of someone else to whom you wished to address your question. I never said anything the likes of what you appear to have inferred.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brither Job8,
I respecfully disagree on some points you made. One primarily, where does it say in Acts 5:1-16 that this was a sin unto death where they were still saved when they died? Does this passage in Acts say that they died as believers? Or, is this an assumption on your part?

Something which we as Christians fail to remember is that while some things are explictly stated in the Bible, other things are implied. That does not make them any less true. Please go back to Acts 2 and read through to Acts 5. Ananias and Sapphira were a part of the Jerusalem assembly and were saved on the Day of Pentecost. They were a part of the "multitude of them that believed" (Acts 4:32), which means they were saved. This is IMPLIED in the narrative, otherwise they would not have been following the example of other Christians who were selling their possessions for the common good. Where they sinned was in "lying to the Holy Spirit", and thus they became an example of "the sin unto death".

Upvote 0

Jesus First

Lover of Jesus Christ
Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My identity on my profile beside my posts indicates I am female.

And I believe you've confused your reply to my post for that of someone else to whom you wished to address your question. I never said anything the likes of what you appear to have inferred.
Sister Tiny Bible,

Thanks for your correction as my sister.

I disagree so much with the article that you posted that I don't know where to start. The first point made is that spiritually dead people are not capable of believing in Christ, correct? I asked for proof from Scripture that the unsaved don't have the ability (free will) to respond to the grace of God and believe. Can you offer proof from Scripture using principles of interpretation that seek to understand the author's intend without reading in assumptive presuppositions?

In Christ!

Upvote 0

Jesus First

Lover of Jesus Christ
Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
✟8,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something which we as Christians fail to remember is that while some things are explictly stated in the Bible, other things are implied. That does not make them any less true. Please go back to Acts 2 and read through to Acts 5. Ananias and Sapphira were a part of the Jerusalem assembly and were saved on the Day of Pentecost. They were a part of the "multitude of them that believed" (Acts 4:32), which means they were saved. This is IMPLIED in the narrative, otherwise they would not have been following the example of other Christians who were selling their possessions for the common good. Where they sinned was in "lying to the Holy Spirit", and thus they became an example of "the sin unto death".
Brother Job8,

I'm not disagreeing that they were believers in the church before God put them to death. Your point was to make a doctrinal judgement without explicit proof (that they continued saved). This does not automatically invalidate your argument. It just does not rise to the level of proof.

An argument needs to pass the contextual and grammatical test of Scripture to be an established fact for church doctrine. It does not say they were or were not Christians when they died. Doctrines built on assumptions are not an established fact.

If I told you based on this passage alone that they were no longer saved when God put them to death, then I would also not have proof. It would be an assumption without proof. The Bible does not say for sure if they remained saved. I have serious doubts, but that is not proof at the level of establishing doctrine.

Thankfully, there are probably over 100 accounts of salvation in the New Testament. So God gave us many more passages to examine. :)

Keep the faith in Jesus Christ!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

True Science

Oct 19, 2015
✟1,301.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
And yet that is what you have done.

Scripture:

1 Tim 1:19
Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked.

O dear! A person can shipwreck their faith? But is this about real genuine faith? Well I don't know who else but one with true faith could have before truly had a good conscience. Do you?

Heb_9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Heb_9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb_10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Heb_10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
O dear! A person can shipwreck their faith? But is this about real genuine faith? Well I don't know who else but one with true faith could have before truly had a good conscience. Do you?

Heb_9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Heb_9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Heb_10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Heb_10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

How can you shipwreck you faith if you don't have any faith?

Why does Jesus tell us that only those who endure will be saved?

Why does Jesus tell us that to remain in his love we must obey his commandments?

Why does Paul tell us that we reap what we sow?

Don't these guys follow Calvin?

Upvote 0