Two Aspects of Salvation (Believers Need to Be Concerned With):

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
And Christ is the Word of God.
And therefore have we heard Him?

Unless a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:5-6

If you live after the flesh you shall die.
But if you through the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the flesh, you shall live.
Because as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the ones born of God.
[born of the Spirit]
Romans 8:13-14

My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me.
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:27-28

His sheep are those that hear his voice and follow him.
We have a record of what He said; Luke 6:27-49, the words He actually spoke.

If a man loves me, he will keep my words:
and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
He that does not love me, does not keep my sayings
:
John 14:23-24

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you?
or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
1 Corinthians 1:13
If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ,
let that person be Anathema! Oh Lord Come!

1 Corinthians 16:22

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
And Christ is the Word of God.
And therefore have we heard Him?

Unless a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:5-6

If you live after the flesh you shall die.
But if you through the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the flesh, you shall live.
Because as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the ones born of God.
[born of the Spirit]
Romans 8:13-14

My sheep hear my voice, I know them, and they follow me.
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:27-28

His sheep are those that hear his voice and follow him.
We have a record of what He said; Luke 6:27-49, the words He actually spoke.

If a man loves me, he will keep my words:
and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
He that does not love me, does not keep my sayings
:
John 14:23-24

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you?
or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
1 Corinthians 1:13
If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ,
let that person be Anathema! Oh Lord Come!

1 Corinthians 16:22
Great verses. Don't know where you're going with "We have a record of what He said... the words He actually spoke". Maybe I should read the rest of the posts for context.

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works

Who says Christians don't keep Gods commandments? that would be the accuser, You don't know Jesus died for our sins, You think Salvation is by works, examined to see if you are in the faith and you don't pass any requirement, at least that is made clear to everyone reading, I am going to have to leave you with Titus 3:10

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
I feel your pain. It is unbelievable how many people believe in salvation through faith plus works. It is as though they see the righteous requirements of the law but they do not see themselves as as being guilty of breaking them. This is baffling because the law that they want to be under specifically tells them to stop running their mouths because they are guilty.

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. (Ro 3:19–20)​
Do we stop trying to help them just because they don't listen? Do what gives you peace with the Lord. We walk by faith, not by sight.

Reactions: MaxPower
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I said I agree with the scriptures and my belief is in Jesus, what are you actually accusing me of this time?
As I said from the beginning, you don't believe the plain statements in 2 Thessalonians 2:13, Galatians 6:8-9, Romans 8:13, 1 Timothy 5:8, and Jude 1:4. You may think you believe these pieces of Scripture. However, in reality, they speak against the false belief that says that you are forever saved by a belief alone in Jesus or believing in the finished work of the cross. You cannot see what these words in the Bible plainly say because of an outside belief pushed upon you by popular candy-coated Christianity. I say this not to wound you, but I see this to prick your heart in love and seek out the truth of what His words genuinely say.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bible Highlighter said:
They are indeed denying the Lord as it says in Jude 1:4.
It is interesting that you admit to that,
Unlike most in popular Christianity, I don't try to explain away the plain words of Scripture (even if I don't like what it says). You may not have considered the way they deny the Lord. By what means? I would propose to you Titus 1:16.

Titus 1:16
"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

So here we see an example of a believer who professes to know God yet they deny Him by being disobedient and reprobate unto every good work. This means that they deny God not in the sense that they know Him but by their wrong conduct. It is odd how many today believe that sin does not keep you out of God's Kingdom.
but imagine not having Christ but offering your filthy rags,
Again, the Bible teaches two aspects of salvation.
We are initially and foundationally saved by God's grace through faith (a belief in Jesus as our Savior, and believing the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 in that Christ died for our sins, He was buried, and risen on the third day). Any believer who says you have to do a work (like baptism) to get saved, like the Church of Christ, is trying to make it about "Works ALONE Salvationism." Also, if a believer were to happen to stumble into sin on rare occasions, they don't do a good work of absolving that sin, but they seek forgiveness of that sin with the Lord Jesus Christ. They seek His mercy and grace. This means they boldly come before the throne of grace and confess their sin to Jesus to be forgiven of it. Ephesians 2:8-9 describes how you GET SAVED. The context tells us this. You were quickened (made alive). How many times were you made alive? You receive Grace like a gift. How many times have you received a gift? One time, right? So it is talking about how you GET SAVED.

The secondary aspect of salvation is described to us in 2 Thessalonians 2:13, Romans 8:13, and Galatians 6:8-9 (Which most in Christianity today denies). Yes, they may say they believe these verses. But they have devised a workaround to enforce a different meaning upon them. They have rejected the plain meaning of what they genuinely say.

Also, the popular version of Christianity misquotes Isaiah 64:6 regarding filthy rags.

Look at the whole context. Nothing is said of the belief you hold to in trusting on the finished work of the cross while refusing to do the righteous acts of God.

Isaiah 64:5-7 says:

5 "Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.​
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.​
7 And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities."​
Verse 5 says God meets with the person who rejoices and works righteousness.
Verse 6 is talking about a person's righteous acts that God did not call them to do. Remember when Jesus condemned the Pharisees for their man-made traditions like the washing of hands, etcetera? These would be like the filthy rags.
Verse 7 refers to how nobody is calling upon the name of the LORD, seeking forgiveness with Him, and they hide their face from God and are consumed because of their iniquities (sins).

it doesn't get more disgusting than that, notice the ones that crept in unaware, they crept in unaware they pretend they are in Christ, believe in grace but what works would they be doing that deny Jesus, If salvation is by grace through faith not of works, and people slip in and say there works save them that would be denying the reason Jesus died on the cross and instead offering their carnal behaviour. Think.... who do you see flaunting their works in place of God's grace
The problem is that you have not shown any context or cross-references showing this type of thinking.
You immediately jump to conclusions without any evidence of this being said in the text.
This is why I asked to offer a word-for-word commentary on these verses in the first place.
You are not reading each word plainly here and drawing out meaning in what they say regardless of what you believe. You are trying to insert an outside belief into this chapter: eisgesis.

try a word for word Commentary on this verse

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
I asked you for a word-for-word commentary, and you did not truly give one using Scripture.

Galatians 2:21
"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

The word "frustrate" means to reject or despise. At BlueLetterBible, one can see the word "frustrate" in Greek is used elsewhere for the English words "reject" or "despise." So one can reject God's grace. The church of Christ, Catholics, and other "Works ALONE Salvationists" groups do this. There is never a point in their life they can say they were saved by God's grace without works. They redefine a work (usually baptism) as a part of one having initial faith or a belief.

To address the words "for if righteousness come by the law":

This would be the Jews at that time who trusted in a system of "Works ALONE Salvationism."
As we learn in Acts 15:1, Acts 15:5, and Acts 15:24, there was a certain sect of Jews who were trying to deceive Gentile Christians into thinking they had to be initially saved by being circumcised first. First, we are not under the Laws of Moses. In fact, this chapter tells us that we Gentile believers do not have to keep the Laws of Moses (the 613 Laws as a whole). The council was merely recommending that they keep certain laws, like not eating things with blood, etc. They were not saying to go back to the Laws of Moss.

So think. If a person thought they had to first be circumcised to be saved, then they would be making salvation based upon a "work" and not God's grace through in their Initial Salvation.

Read Galatians 5:2 and compare it with Galatians 5:4 and Acts 15. If you were to read these verses, it becomes clear that Paul was fighting against the heresy of those who thought they had to initially be circumcised to GET SAVED (vs. being saved by God's grace through faith without works in our Initial Salvation).

As for the words: "then Christ is dead in vain."

Christ died for our sins. This is a part of our belief that the gospel message in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is to be initially saved. It is also something we continue to believe to be saved, as well. However, that is not the only requirement as a part of our faith or instructions from God in the New Testament. 1 Corinthians 15 talks about those who deny the bodily resurrection of believers, and Paul makes it a point that if you falsely believe that, then you are denying the resurrection of Jesus Christ. A person who denies the resurrection, their faith is in vain (See 1 Corinthians 15:14 and 1 Corinthians 15:17). So believing the gospel message is how we get saved, and this belief continues throughout our Christian life. But again, you also need to believe verses like 1 Thessalonians 2:13, Romans 8:13, Galatians 6:8-9, and 1 Timothy 5:8. As I said before, you are not accepting what these verses plainly say. You may say you believe them, but the words in these verses speak against your current belief.
or this one

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
My time is limited. But to answer, you can prove that Christ is in you, or you can examine yourself to see He is in you if you find you are keeping His commandments (See: 1 John 2:3-4).

Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate"
Excellent verse. It reminds me of 1.John 2: 3-4 ...

"And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments...He who says “I know him” but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him".

Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
offering your filthy rags
Pray tell, how can a believer obeying God's commandments possibly amount to "filthy rags"? Your assertion is senseless.

To make matters worse, the "filthy rags" in Isaiah 64:6 refers to righteous works performed by Israelities who had forsaken God. And not only that, in verse 5, righteous deeds performed by those who are loyal to God are praised!

Why do you denigrate righteous deeds performed by faithful Christians when Isaiah 64:5 praises righteous deeds performed by faithful Israelites?

Upvote 0

MaxPower

May 10, 2019
napier
✟23,481.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No ... that's why salvation is described as a "hope" in more than twenty NT verses. A "hope" is not a certainly.
We won't be certain of our salvation until Christ judges us on the Last Day and grants us eternal life.
Christ in you the hope of glory

But how is yours good news? How is it good news that you can’t know, No gospel that leaves open the question of your eternal destiny is good news.

Paul said that for me to live is Christ, and to die is...what? To die is gain. Better to be absent from the body and at home with the Lord. There was no question in his mind where he was going when he died, but not because of his own merit.

For this is eternal life, that they might know you, Father, and your son, whom you’ve sent

As many as have received Christ, to them he gave the right to become the children of God. The idea here is that salvation is not by ourselves. It’s a gift of God’s grace, and our faith is what receives that. Now, if we receive Christ, we have Christ. If we receive him, we have him,in 1 John 5, starting in verse 11. Here’s what John says: “And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life.” Notice, “God has given us.” He’s not going to give us. He already has given it. “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” Verse 12: “He who has the Son has the life. He who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.” Now, that’s very straightforward.

If you receive Christ by faith, then you have the Son. What else do you have according to these verses I just read? You have life. You have what kind of life? You have eternal life. According to what John says, here, if you have the Son, by receiving him, then you also have, at this time, eternal life. But it gets better. Keep reading verse 13: “These things I’ve written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.”

I’m saying the gospel is good news, but is your gospel good news? Doesn’t sound like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

MaxPower

May 10, 2019
napier
✟23,481.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unlike most in popular Christianity, I don't try to explain away the plain words of Scripture
That is all I have seen you do, I quote scripture and you write novels on verses and ad all kinds of things and words that not in there
So here we see an example of a believer who professes to know God yet they deny Him by being disobedient and reprobate unto every good work.
No that is what you like to accuse and call believers the verse says that's the unbelieving....they are not the been born again that have Christ,You say you don't explain away scriptures but you just called what the bible said is an unbeliever and tried to explain its a believer...you admitted you don't know if you have Christ that means that you don't and you don't have any hope, that is obvious in your words
Again, the Bible teaches two aspects of salvation.
Nowhere in scripture does it mention two aspects of salvation, You receive Salvation when you receive Jesus, You bring in that nonsense in trying to explain away verses you can not understand unless you have the holy Ghost to help you, initial Salvation is your made up idea because you don't have Christ so you have to try and do it another way
How many times were you made alive? You receive Grace like a gift. How many times have you received a gift? One time, right? So it is talking about how you GET SAVED.
That's right so why do you pretend it means not really saved you have to save yourself? see its contradictory
es, they may say they believe these verses. But they have devised a workaround to enforce a different meaning upon them. They have rejected the plain meaning of what they genuinely say.
Its you that presume believers break the law and sin, and over the internet is a bit strange.
The problem is that you have not shown any context or cross-references showing this type of thinking.
You immediately jump to conclusions without any evidence of this being said in the text.
This is why I asked to offer a word-for-word commentary on these verses in the first place.
You are not reading each word plainly here and drawing out meaning in what they say regardless of what you believe. You are trying to insert an outside belief into this chapter: eisgesis.
I wasn't offering a word for word commentary, I was using the verse to highlight you, I thought I made that clear, it's time to put the spotlight on you
I asked you for a word-for-word commentary, and you did not truly give one using Scripture.
From what I have seen of you, you don't know if you have Christ you bring in a made up alternative to Salvation, your lucky I am even still talking to you let alone do anything you demand
So believing the gospel message is how we get saved,
Exactly but you don't believe the first line, that Jesus died for our sins, you don't have Christ and you bring in an alternative to Jesus dying on the cross for our salvation
My time is limited. But to answer, you can prove that Christ is in you, or you can examine yourself to see He is in you if you find you are keeping His commandments (See: 1 John 2:3-4).
Anyone can try and not steal or lie etc that doesn't make them righteous, we Love because he first loved us. You can see what their faith is in, You can ask for the hope that is in them, there are many ways to know, Paul says we can know and unfortunately you you don't know, don't have that hope and don't pass the first line of the Gospel, that would be a fail

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is all I have seen you do, I quote scripture and you write novels on verses and ad all kinds of things and words that not in there

No that is what you like to accuse and call believers the verse says that's the unbelieving....they are not the been born again that have Christ,You say you don't explain away scriptures but you just called what the bible said is an unbeliever and tried to explain its a believer...you admitted you don't know if you have Christ that means that you don't and you don't have any hope, that is obvious in your words

Nowhere in scripture does it mention two aspects of salvation, You receive Salvation when you receive Jesus, You bring in that nonsense in trying to explain away verses you can not understand unless you have the holy Ghost to help you, initial Salvation is your made up idea because you don't have Christ so you have to try and do it another way

That's right so why do you pretend it means not really saved you have to save yourself? see its contradictory

Its you that presume believers break the law and sin, and over the internet is a bit strange.

I wasn't offering a word for word commentary, I was using the verse to highlight you, I thought I made that clear, it's time to put the spotlight on you

From what I have seen of you, you don't know if you have Christ you bring in a made up alternative to Salvation, your lucky I am even still talking to you let alone do anything you demand

Exactly but you don't believe the first line, that Jesus died for our sins, you don't have Christ and you bring in an alternative to Jesus dying on the cross for our salvation

Anyone can try and not steal or lie etc that doesn't make them righteous, we Love because he first loved us. You can see what their faith is in, You can ask for the hope that is in them, there are many ways to know, Paul says we can know and unfortunately you you don't know, don't have that hope and don't pass the first line of the Gospel, that would be a fail
No word-for-word commentaries again. You said you accepted this challenge and you didn’t. So seeing you did not make good on your initial acceptance to my challenge (Which should be easy if you claim to know the Scriptures), it’s time to move on.

Let me now when you want to discuss the verses I presented to you.
Until then, you are simply seeing what you want to see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaxPower

May 10, 2019
napier
✟23,481.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me now when you want to discuss the verses I presented to you.
Until then, you are simply seeing what you want to see.
Word for word commentary where you you don't try and explain the bible away like this
Unlike most in popular Christianity, I don't try to explain away the plain words of Scripture (even if I don't like what it says). You may not have considered the way they deny the Lord. By what means? I would propose to you Titus 1:16.

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

So here we see an example of a believer who professes to know God yet they deny Him by being disobedient and reprobate unto every good work. This means that they deny God not in the sense that they know Him but by their wrong conduct. It is odd how many today believe that sin does not keep you out of God's Kingdom.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Notice Titus 1:15 mentions it is the defiled and unbelieving, Your commentary you use this verse to say that is an example of a believer, see what your private interpretation does, You need to take the bible exactly as it means and stop trying to reinvent or try be a bible changer, just take the verses as they say and let scripture interpret scripture

See what your word for word commentary does to you.......it has you twisting scripture and attributing it to the wrong crowd, and actually accusing believers again

Jesus said, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. and it also says the kingdom of God is within you, when Jesus said you must be born again he meant it

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Word for word commentary where you you don't try and explain the bible away like this

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Notice Titus 1:15 mentions it is the defiled and unbelieving, Your commentary you use this verse to say that is an example of a believer, see what your private interpretation does, You need to take the bible exactly as it means and stop trying to reinvent or try be a bible changer, just take the verses as they say and let scripture interpret scripture

See what your word for word commentary does to you.......it has you twisting scripture and attributing it to the wrong crowd, and actually accusing believers again

Jesus said, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. and it also says the kingdom of God is within you, when Jesus said you must be born again he meant it
First, for clarity, I am saying that this person is a false or self-deceived believer. Meaning, in their mind they think they are a genuine believer but they are not a believer in God's eyes. There is a difference between a false deceived believer vs. somebody who is a true believer. They say they know God but in works they deny him. That is what I was originally saying. By no means is this verse new to me. I have been discussing this topic since 2010/2011. Second, you are not offering a commentary on this verse. Again, deal with explaining what these verses say at face value. How is this belief consistent with your belief? In your view, works do not play a part in salvation in any way. But Titus 1:16 says you can deny God by being reprobate unto every good work. Obviously, a person who denies God is not saved. Meaning, that any self-professing believer who says they know the Lord and they are reprobate unto every good work is denying the Lord (even if they may think they are a genuine believer). Scripture is the reality you must face. In other words, a believer can be self-deceived into thinking they know the Lord. In reality, they are the kind of believer that does not truly believe in God (Even when they think they are believing). 1 John 2:4 says that the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments, they are a liar and the truth is not in them.

In short, you believe your viewpoint represents a true believer. But if a Christian denies Titus 1:16 and believes they can be reprobate unto every good work because works are not a part of salvation whatsoever, then such a Christian would be having unbelief in what God’s Word says. They would fall under the condemnation of Titus 1:16 and not realize they are self deceived and in unbelief.

Do you honestly think the believers in Matthew 7:22-23 thought they were unsaved and not genuine believers?
Yet, Jesus tells them to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (sin) and He never knew them. Matthew 7:26-27 makes it unmistakable that this is in context to those who do not what Jesus says. This is what you don’t understand. But I hope that you will one day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Excellent verse. It reminds me of 1.John 2: 3-4 ...

"And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments...He who says “I know him” but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him".
Yes, some folks are not able to see such verses. These types of verses are not living on the inside of them. They reject verses like these because of a man-made belief and they do not even realize it. They may say they believe these verses, but in reality, they truly don’t accept them. You can tell when they don’t believe certain verses in the Bible when they refuse to give a detailed explanation on them using the context and or cross references.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MaxPower

May 10, 2019
napier
✟23,481.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, for clarity, I am saying that this person is a false or self-deceived believer. Meaning, in their mind they think they are a genuine believer but they are not a believer in God's eyes. There is a difference between a false deceived believer vs. somebody who is a true believer. They say they know God but in works they deny him. That is what I was originally saying. By no means is this verse new to me. I have been discussing this topic since 2010/2011. Second, you are not offering a commentary on this verse. Again, deal with explaining what these verses say at face value. How is this belief consistent with your belief? In your view, works do not play a part in salvation in any way. But Titus 1:16 says you can deny God by being reprobate unto every good work. Obviously, a person who denies God is not saved. Meaning, that any self-professing believer who says they know the Lord and they are reprobate unto every good work is denying the Lord (even if they may think they are a genuine believer). Scripture is the reality you must face. In other words, a believer can be self-deceived into thinking they know the Lord. In reality, they are the kind of believer that does not truly believe in God (Even when they think they are believing). 1 John 2:4 says that the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments, they are a liar and the truth is not in them.

In short, you believe your viewpoint represents a true believer. But if a Christian denies Titus 1:16 and believes they can be reprobate unto every good work because works are not a part of salvation whatsoever, then such a Christian would be having unbelief in what God’s Word says. They would fall under the condemnation of Titus 1:16 and not realize they are self deceived and in unbelief.

Do you honestly think the believers in Matthew 7:22-23 thought they were unsaved and not genuine believers?
Yet, Jesus tells them to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (sin) and He never knew them. Matthew 7:26-27 makes it unmistakable that this is in context to those who do not what Jesus says. This is what you don’t understand. But I hope that you will one day.
Yes like I told you when early in our discussions you project yourself in your accusations like you are talking into a mirror but it gives me a view of what's in your heart so that is helpful, Look at all you wrote about Titus when Titus explains itself perfectly, Titus 1:15 starts with "Unto the pure all things are pure" who are the pure = God's children, you go on to redefine the unbelievers as believers, if you read the verse you can't charge anything to Gods children or you are the one the verse is talking about through your works, and you don't stop there

The criteria to be a child of God is to be born again, you are joined to God spiritually, given the gift of righteousness and the gift of eternal life and God is inside of you, you admit you don't have this, that is why you do not know or understand these things, the fact is if Jesus is in you, you will know, and your life changes as God is now working through you, your response and the catholic guys response you agree with don't have that assurance, and it is shown in your faith, you both say if you had that freedom what is to stop you going and doing all sorts of evil, don't you see that is your words from your heart, you confess what your faith is in, I would never think such a thing in response to the love that God has shown

To the pure, all things are pure, you could try to explain that away? and while you are at it Romans 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Or maybe Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The criteria to being able to walk in the Spirit is if the Spirit of God dwells in you, Why are you not prepared to learn, the bible says to test the spirit to see if it is of God, I'm not trying to offend you but to help you, but you do not pass the first line of the Gospel and you admit you don't know if you have Christ in you

If you are ready to start, you could answer the questions I've asked you, What do you think saves you? and what keeps you saved?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes like I told you when early in our discussions you project yourself in your accusations like you are talking into a mirror but it gives me a view of what's in your heart so that is helpful, Look at all you wrote about Titus when Titus explains itself perfectly, Titus 1:15 starts with "Unto the pure all things are pure" who are the pure = God's children, you go on to redefine the unbelievers as believers, if you read the verse you can't charge anything to Gods children or you are the one the verse is talking about through your works, and you don't stop there
You are not listening. I said they are unbelievers in God’s eyes, but they don’t believe they are unbelievers because they profess to know God. Do you honestly think that everyone today who professes to know God may not be self deceived because they believe wrong things about the Bible? This is what you don’t understand in this chapter. You want to just claim this person is pretending to be a believer. While I am sure there are those kinds of believers, not everyone is like that, either.

In either case, even if they are unbelievers who are pretending to be believers, the fact that they are identified as being reprobate unto every good work is a ”tell” that they are not of God because one can deny God by a lack of works. So if a Christian says they don’t need works as a part of salvation or being of God, then they are falling under this condemnation in being like the unbelievers like Titus 1:16 says. There is nowhere in Scripture that says believers can be reprobate unto every good work living out their faith and yet they don’t deny the Lord (i.e., they are not saved). No person who denies the Lord is saved.

There are characteristics that make up unbelievers. Some believers today are not aware that they are doing things that would place them into the category of unbelievers. This is what you fail to understand.

Jesus said to the Pharisees that they sought the Scriptures for eternal life, but they failed to recognize that they testified of him.
So it was good that they recognized that the Scriptures contained eternal life for them. This is believing God’s Word to a degree, but yet, they failed to believe other parts of the Holy Scriptures. Many of the Jews did not think they were false believers even though they did not believe Jesus was the Messiah.

Or maybe Romans 8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Notice the words you did not underline in Romans 8:1. It gives you the CONDITION.
There is no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus WHO WALK NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.
The flesh is this.

Galatians 5:19-21
”Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Also, notice verse 4. We are to fulfill the righteousness of the Law whereby we do not walk after flesh (sin) but after the Spirit.
The righteous aspect of part of the Old Law is loving your neighbor (See: Romans 13:8-10).

The criteria to being able to walk in the Spirit is if the Spirit of God dwells in you, Why are you not prepared to learn, the bible says to test the spirit to see if it is of God, I'm not trying to offend you but to help you, but you do not pass the first line of the Gospel and you admit you don't know if you have Christ in you

If you are ready to start, you could answer the questions I've asked you, What do you think saves you? and what keeps you saved?
Again, the Lord only dwells in a person who keeps his commandments (See again 1 John 2:3-4).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
You can tell when they don’t believe certain verses in the Bible when they refuse to give a detailed explanation on them using the context and or cross references.
... or they simply ignore them and offer no explanation at all, which amounts to sticking their head in the sand ... as our friend here on this thread does on a regular basis. Such an approach to exegesis smacks of dishonesty, not a love of the truth, I'm sorry to say.

Upvote 0

MaxPower

May 10, 2019
napier
✟23,481.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not listening. I said they are unbelievers in God’s eyes, but they don’t believe they are unbelievers because they profess to know God. Do you honestly think that everyone today who professes to know God may not be self deceived because they believe wrong things about the Bible? This is what you don’t understand in this chapter. You want to just claim this person is pretending to be a believer. While I am sure there are those kinds of believers, not everyone is like that, either.
Yes i am but you are not listening,It is you that call them believers, God does not....you do it on a lot of topics, that is the point you are not listening to,Anyone can believe anything they want it doesn't make it right, Many claim to know god but cant even define who their god is,A believer is someone who has put their faith in Jesus and has received Jesus, there is no mistaking it, You just have to see what their faith is in! look at you and buzz , He doesn't know Jesus died for all believers sins, and has no assurance what happens when he dies and then but puts himself under the pope and there you are agreeing with him, or you pretend to be a teacher of the church when you don't even know if you have Christ in you and are offering your works for salvation instead of Salvation been by Grace through faith not of works,it doesn't really get any clearer than that, I pointed out that they are unbelieving and reprobate to every good work, You have to look at the words more carefully, it says "every good work" If you don't have Christ in you you cant do anything for God you are are not his, so that is a person who is reprobate and every work be their own

Lets look at what makes someone reprobate

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

2 Timothy 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

There faith wouldn't be in Christ, they wouldn't have Christ, And they would offer their works

That is three checks, Without Jesus you cant do anything, so someone that didn't have Jesus every work would be reprobate, but imagine trying to offer your works as equal or more important than the sacrifice that Jesus finished

There are characteristics that make up unbelievers. Some believers today are not aware that they are doing things that would place them into the category of unbelievers. This is what you fail to understand.
I understand, but belief isn't in the tooth fairy if you don't define what belief is in you can hide behind anything, Do you really think God would save someone and then be caught out by there actions, that would be silly

You are the one that brings in a believer can become an unbeliever, that would be trying to make God a liar

No one that is born again is not going to be lost, you fail to understand that God disciplines his children because they are his workmanship, He said he will not lose any, but you can check to see if you are in the faith

Jesus said to the Pharisees that they sought the Scriptures for eternal life, but they failed to recognize that they testified of him.
You left the part of the verse, they will not come to me that they may have life, You admit you are working for eternal life when God says it is given as a gift
Again, the Lord only dwells in a person who keeps his commandments
I'm not sure who you think is running around breaking Gods commandments, But what is it to you? worry about yourself but I just want to check what commandments you are meaning when you quote that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MaxPower

May 10, 2019
napier
✟23,481.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.. or they simply ignore them and offer no explanation at all, which amounts to sticking their head in the sand ... as our friend here on this thread does on a regular basis. Such an approach to exegesis smacks of dishonesty, not a love of the truth, I'm sorry to say.
Jesus is the truth, it is one of his titles, And I love him, I explained your situation quite well and you offer no explanation or answers, You don't have any assurance and you are going to die soon, are you going to stick your head in the sand until it is too late,You have to be saved before you die or it will be too late, the reason I stopped explaining verses to you was because you ignore them and change to a different topic or ignore questions you find too hard, i don't think that is very honest
He never does ... and worse, he'll often twist your words into something you never said. It's pointless trying to reason with him.
You tried this a few times and I quoted what you said to prove it, how about you stop projecting yourself and answer some questions for a change

Isiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

You said you cant know when you die if you are going to heaven

But how is yours good news? How is it good news that you can’t know, No gospel that leaves open the question of your eternal destiny is good news.

Paul said that for me to live is Christ, and to die is...what? To die is gain. Better to be absent from the body and at home with the Lord. There was no question in his mind where he was going when he died, but not because of his own merit.

For this is eternal life, that they might know you, Father, and your son, whom you’ve sent

As many as have received Christ, to them he gave the right to become the children of God. The idea here is that salvation is not by ourselves. It’s a gift of God’s grace, and our faith is what receives that. Now, if we receive Christ, we have Christ. If we receive him, we have him,in 1 John 5, starting in verse 11. Here’s what John says: “And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life.” Notice, “God has given us.” He’s not going to give us. He already has given it. “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” Verse 12: “He who has the Son has the life. He who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.” Now, that’s very straightforward.

If you receive Christ by faith, then you have the Son. What else do you have according to these verses I just read? You have life. You have what kind of life? You have eternal life. According to what John says, here, if you have the Son, by receiving him, then you also have, at this time, eternal life. But it gets better. Keep reading verse 13: “These things I’ve written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.”

I’m saying the gospel is good news, but is your gospel good news? Doesn’t sound like it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the truth, it is one of his titles, And I love him, I explained your situation quite well and you offer no explanation or answers, You don't have any assurance and you are going to die soon, are you going to stick your head in the sand until it is too late,You have to be saved before you die or it will be too late, the reason I stopped explaining verses to you was because you ignore them and change to a different topic or ignore questions you find too hard, i don't think that is very honest

You tried this a few times and I quoted what you said to prove it, how about you stop projecting yourself and answer some questions for a change

Isiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

You said you cant know when you die if you are going to heaven

I clarified to you that they are an unbeliever but they believe they are a believer in their own eyes because they claim to know God (even though they are an unbeliever in God’s eyes). I tried to explain it to you two times and you’re still not getting it. You are not listening to what I said and seeing you never took up my challenge in adequately explaining those verses I asked you to explain, it is time for me to move on from having any kind of discussion with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0