United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, you didn't stay gone long.
The Bible does have a lot to say about Spirits, Ghosts and other strange creatures. You just need to do a Bible study on the subject and you'll be surprised at just how much the Bible does say.
If this is where you openly invoke magic to "explain" UFOs, spare me. That's logical defenestration in excelsis. As well attribute my apparently 300 mph car to booger men or alien technology, which is in the end simply another appeal to magic.
Many of the pre flood creatures still exist today. The fallen Angels corrupted the seed of man by gene manipulation and cross breeding species to form abominations. That's why God wiped most of them out with Noah's flood.
Extrabiblical gibberish.

Our generation is witnessing the same corruption as Noah's generation did. The fallen Angels are corrupting mankind's seed again and producing abominations. You haven't seen them yet, because they hide in the shadows but they will reveal themselves at the appointed time.
Gross superstition.
The Bible describes these creatures as being part human and part animal. It says they will torment men for four months, and the men will want to die because of the pain but they won' be able to die.
And of course, everything in the Revelation is to be taken literally.

Doesn't explain Tic-Tacs that can spoof the avionics in a fighter plane, though, does it?
We can't cherry pick the Bible and dismiss those parts we don't like, as fairytales.
Gimme the pertinent verses that bear on the Nimitz Incident, then.

And BTW, "Enoch" is not part of the Bible, nor should it be. It's largely complete garbage.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do Christians really believe in aliens and UFOs on a Christian forum? There is a load of anecdotal evidence but why don't Christians know it’s demonic, visions etc.
Well obviously! If you see something in the air you can't identify, then it must be a demon!

Even if it's full of businessmen on their way to Phoenix.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Diana Pasulka has covered the subject well; initially, this was not even her goal.

Diana Pasulka is a religious studies professor at UNC Wilmington who has written three books: Heaven Can Wait, American Cosmic and Encounters

UFOs & Religion: Vatican Reveals Bizarre Link (ft. Diana Pasulka)​

Give us a synopsis. Most Youtube videos on religious topics tend to be idiotic, so I don't waste my time watching them.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As a rule I don't generally interpret what St. Paul says to St. Timothy about those things in latter times as being a prediction about "the end times". But the sheer volume of strange doctrines which run amok in our times is certainly troubling.

Historic Christian teaching, that which is good and biblical, is progressively being discarded in favor of what men in tinfoil hats on YouTube or TikTok say; and/or what men in expensive suit and ties say on TV about glory dust, having visions of heaven, and calling themselves apostles and prophets in order to make a quick buck.

This is not merely a problem. It is a disease. And to treat a disease it must be recognized as such, and the disease expunged from the body and applying medicine to the body for healing.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟20,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And there were giants in those days, after that the sons of God came down and mated with the daughters of men.
Seeing the females were fair they disobeyed and came down.
And there were giants as a result.
The book of Enoch tells us that those giants were caused to fight and kill each other,
and that their spirits were not allowed to leave the earth.
Even though many were killed off in their civil war, some remand, and the children of Israel were tasked
with slaying the rest of them Numbers 13:33 and any lineage to them.
And so demon spirits are those spirits of the giants.

And there are evil men that are in communication with those demons, they get direction and tasks from them.
We know from the Bible that the demons ultimate goal is the installation of the beast and false prophet. [Rev 16:13]

I believe that many of the ideas we get from modern 'science' lead to things
associated with the deceptions related to the beast and false prophet.
The beast will open his mouth in blasphemy against God, blaspheming those in heaven. [Rev 13:6]
Blaspheming, speaking lies, about what is in heaven, that is what the Bible says!

The ideas of 'outer-space' and other planets and aliens lead up to the blaspheme the beast will be saying.
I believe he will say things like how that angels are really beings from such and such planet.
Due to the generational foundation of lies, many people will be deceived.
Those following the true Messiah (John 10:27-28, Luke 6:27-49) will not be deceived.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And there were giants in those days, after that the sons of God came down and mated with the daughters of men.
Seeing the females were fair they disobeyed and came down.
And there were giants as a result.
The book of Enoch tells us that those giants were caused to fight and kill each other,
Even though many were killed off in their civil war, some remand, and the children of Israel were tasked

And there are evil men that are in communication with those demons, they get direction and tasks from them.
We know from the Bible that the demons ultimate goal is the installation of the beast and false prophet. [Rev 16:13]

The beast will open his mouth in blasphemy against God, blaspheming those in heaven. [Rev 13:6]
Blaspheming, speaking lies, about what is in heaven, that is what the Bible says!

The ideas of 'outer-space' and other planets and aliens lead up to the blaspheme the beast will be saying.
I believe he will say things like how that angels are really beings from such and such planet.
Due to the generational foundation of lies, many people will be deceived.
Those following the true Messiah (John 10:27-28, Luke 6:27-49) will not be deceived.

The use of the word "giants" is interesting. Now, it's true that the translators of the LXX rendered the Hebrew word nephilim as the Greek word gigantes. There can be reasonable speculation as to why they chose to do this, but I'd suggest the reason has to do with the connection between the nephilim and people like Goliath or the inhabitants of the Canaanite city of Ai in other parts of the Old Testament. When Joshua and Caleb went into Canaan as spies, they saw large people; and specifically the inhabitants of Ai are said to be large. Goliath, likewise, is described as a man of incredible stature.

So the word gigantes, or "giant" needs to be understood in that context. Rather than trying to insert our ideas about giants, based on myths, legends, and folklore rooted in various pagan mythologies; let's take a biblical perspective.

How big was Goliath? Well according to the medieval Masoretic Text (that it is medieval is relevant here, I'll get back to that in a moment) Goliath is described as man who stood six cubits and a span tall, using modern measurements that is about 9'9" using imperial standard, and about 2.97 meters using metric. That's crazy tall, nearly 10 feet is ridiculously tall. But here's the rub, that's the height as described in the medieval Masoretic Text, the text compiled and put together by medieval Jewish academics and rabbis in part it was to revitalize the Hebrew language among Jews throughout the Diaspora. When we look at earlier texts, however, we see something slightly different. In both the Dead Sea Scrolls and the LXX we get a different height measurement, not six cubits and a span, but four cubits and a span. That's a difference of two cubits. Converting that to imperial that's 6'9", and in metric it's 2.06 meters. That is a far more reasonable height, but still really, really tall.

In a time and place where the average adult man would have stood between 5'5~5'7 (1.65~1.7 meters), that would have been crazy tall. The appelation of "giant" makes a lot of sense in that context. From the perspective of near eastern people 2,000-3,000 years ago, that's legitimately gigantic. And that makes the translation of gigantes in the LXX make a lot more sense, the translators were making their translation on the basis of what other parts of the Scriptures were saying about these later nephilim--they were really tall people.

This should dissuade us froom entertaining fabulous and mythical ideas about "giants", we do not need to etnertain myths which have their origins in paganism. We can simply let Scripture itself be our guide on understanding this.

Further, while it has been a popular opinion of some, both among some Jews and some Christians, to interpret the vague statement made in Genesis 6 concerning the nephilim, and the "sons of God" and "daughters of men" (which is vague, it's incredibly ambiguous) as describing some kind of union between heavenly beings and mortal humans; that is hardly obvious from the text and requires a bit of finagling and a lot of conjecture.

The nephilim seem to be described much more mundanely, "the mighty of old, men of renown". They're called men, mortal human males. Also, these were there both before and after this "sons of God" coming to the "daughters of men". That's why we see these nephilim in later parts of the Old Testament, such in Canaan. These weren't supernatural beings, these were people, mortal human beings like you and me. The are called "the mighty [ones]" ( הַגִּבֹּרִים ha-giboryim) and "men of the name" or "men of renown" or "famous men" (אַנְשֵׁי הַשֵּׁם ishy ha-shem).

There's no need for fabulous conjectures here. It may be tempting, that phrase "sons of God" is a tempting little phrase, in some parts of the Bible it seems to indicate heavenly beings, aka angels; as it does in Job. But it takes a whole lot of conjecture and wild speculation to get from this phrase to fabulous tales of supernatural beings called nephilim, or talk of aliens and hybrids and all that wild nonsense.

Just stick with the Bible, no need to go jump off the cliff into the wild deep of silliness.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh boy... when you lead off with that kind of codswallop there's nowhere to go but down.
The Book of Enoch is about as authoritative as the Weekly Word News. Read the Book of Heavenly Luminaries, purportedly dictated by an angel, if you need a hearty laugh. Unmitigated garbage.
Sure, why not? Enoch reads like fiction because it is fiction.
Right
And they do that by playing at flying saucers. Right.
Yeah, like computers to post pseudo-Christian nonsense with, and medical advancements that keep old gaffers like me alive, and technology that allows us to see and understand more about the magnificent cosmos God created for us. Never mind everything that science has provided that makes our lives longer, healthier, easier, more comfortable, and generally better off.

Science pokes holes in your pagan notion that the world is flat and that God's Creation is a snow globe lit by lights hanging on cords suspended from a glass ceiling with fake scenery to create the iillusion of the kind of infinite magnificence that one might expect of the Infinite God. Funny, those Godless Scientists tell us of an unimaginable vast universe designed with such elegance that it's worthy of God Almighty, while those of you who proclaim yourselves God's True Believers posit a creation that looks like it was designed by first year engineering students at Tennessee Tech. What's wrong with that picture other than everything?
It does, and he did. 'Nuff said. You don't evcen understand the Revelation, or to whom St. John as writing, or why. You think it's all about you. So you misunderstand what he was writing about and make up a "meaning" of your own with the aid of unchristian unbiblical contrived gobbledygook like "Enoch".
More nonsense. The tiny universe you imagine insults the Infinite God Who became flesh and dwelt among us,
At which point pretty much everyone being frightened out of their minds, would go for their guns. But Satan, being an idiot, hasn't thought of that, has he? What a stupid scenario.
Interesting though, that the Science you hate so much doesn't tell us that aliens are swaerming around us, you do. Science says, as it should, "we don't know". So your lot are the ones screeching "the Aliens are coming!" If aliens are a demonic fraud, then you people are aiding and abetting then; carrying water for the devil. Congratulations.

Sort form, I have no time or patience for faux Christian superstition that revolves around demons and fallen angels and a pantheon of imaginary "spiritual" monsters, supported by fake "scripture" like "Enoch". It demeans both God and His creation, and turns the Faith into something little better than the stuff dispensed by a half naked shaman shaking a rattle and howling at the sky.

So what do I believe? It's right here:

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The use of the word "giants" is interesting. Now, it's true that the translators of the LXX rendered the Hebrew word nephilim as the Greek word gigantes. There can be reasonable speculation as to why they chose to do this, but I'd suggest the reason has to do with the connection between the nephilim and people like Goliath or the inhabitants of the Canaanite city of Ai in other parts of the Old Testament. When Joshua and Caleb went into Canaan as spies, they saw large people; and specifically the inhabitants of Ai are said to be large. Goliath, likewise, is described as a man of incredible stature.

So the word gigantes, or "giant" needs to be understood in that context. Rather than trying to insert our ideas about giants, based on myths, legends, and folklore rooted in various pagan mythologies; let's take a biblical perspective.

How big was Goliath? Well according to the medieval Masoretic Text (that it is medieval is relevant here, I'll get back to that in a moment) Goliath is described as man who stood six cubits and a span tall, using modern measurements that is about 9'9" using imperial standard, and about 2.97 meters using metric. That's crazy tall, nearly 10 feet is ridiculously tall. But here's the rub, that's the height as described in the medieval Masoretic Text, the text compiled and put together by medieval Jewish academics and rabbis in part it was to revitalize the Hebrew language among Jews throughout the Diaspora. When we look at earlier texts, however, we see something slightly different. In both the Dead Sea Scrolls and the LXX we get a different height measurement, not six cubits and a span, but four cubits and a span. That's a difference of two cubits. Converting that to imperial that's 6'9", and in metric it's 2.06 meters. That is a far more reasonable height, but still really, really tall.

In a time and place where the average adult man would have stood between 5'5~5'7 (1.65~1.7 meters), that would have been crazy tall. The appelation of "giant" makes a lot of sense in that context. From the perspective of near eastern people 2,000-3,000 years ago, that's legitimately gigantic. And that makes the translation of gigantes in the LXX make a lot more sense, the translators were making their translation on the basis of what other parts of the Scriptures were saying about these later nephilim--they were really tall people.

This should dissuade us froom entertaining fabulous and mythical ideas about "giants", we do not need to etnertain myths which have their origins in paganism. We can simply let Scripture itself be our guide on understanding this.

Further, while it has been a popular opinion of some, both among some Jews and some Christians, to interpret the vague statement made in Genesis 6 concerning the nephilim, and the "sons of God" and "daughters of men" (which is vague, it's incredibly ambiguous) as describing some kind of union between heavenly beings and mortal humans; that is hardly obvious from the text and requires a bit of finagling and a lot of conjecture.

The nephilim seem to be described much more mundanely, "the mighty of old, men of renown". They're called men, mortal human males. Also, these were there both before and after this "sons of God" coming to the "daughters of men". That's why we see these nephilim in later parts of the Old Testament, such in Canaan. These weren't supernatural beings, these were people, mortal human beings like you and me. The are called "the mighty [ones]" ( הַגִּבֹּרִים ha-giboryim) and "men of the name" or "men of renown" or "famous men" (אַנְשֵׁי הַשֵּׁם ishy ha-shem).

There's no need for fabulous conjectures here. It may be tempting, that phrase "sons of God" is a tempting little phrase, in some parts of the Bible it seems to indicate heavenly beings, aka angels; as it does in Job. But it takes a whole lot of conjecture and wild speculation to get from this phrase to fabulous tales of supernatural beings called nephilim, or talk of aliens and hybrids and all that wild nonsense.

Just stick with the Bible, no need to go jump off the cliff into the wild deep of silliness.

-CryptoLutheran
Thanks bruv. As usual you teach while I rant and rave. Your's is by far the better part. All love and respect to you.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Do Christians really believe in aliens on a Christian forum? There is a load of anecdotal evidence but why don't Christians know it’s demonic, visions etc.
Most Christians don't spend much time studying the Bible, they spend much more time consuming Hollywood propaganda. Hence the belief in Aliens. The MSM is now onboard with Hollywood pushing the same lies, so it's no wonder so many have been deceived.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone- a question. What is your take on the UFO phenomenon? Is it demonic? I think it may be a demonic deception. Back in the middle-ages people thought this was witches, now in modern-times it has switched to aliens. I have heard stories of people that were being abducted by aliens and they cried out to God and instantly it stopped! I am also not above thinking these UFOs may be an ultra deep-black secret US government aircraft, back in the 40's the Nazi Germans were working on anti-gravity, there is no telling what they have got and are working on today! Apparently there are things we have that are so secret even the President of the United States does not know about them!
I strongly subscribe to keeping the "U" in UFO. i.e. It's unidentified. Who knows what it is? All speculation is, well, wild.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most Christians don't spend much time studying the Bible, they spend much more time consuming Hollywood propaganda. Hence the belief in Aliens. The MSM is now onboard with Hollywood pushing the same lies, so it's no wonder so many have been deceived.
Why do you hate The Chosen!:mad:

Just kidding. I couldn't resist. And I completely agree.:)

Reactions: Dan1988
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, you didn't stay gone long.

If this is where you openly invoke magic to "explain" UFOs, spare me. That's logical defenestration in excelsis. As well attribute my apparently 300 mph car to booger men or alien technology, which is in the end simply another appeal to magic.

Extrabiblical gibberish.

Gross superstition.

And of course, everything in the Revelation is to be taken literally.

Doesn't explain Tic-Tacs that can spoof the avionics in a fighter plane, though, does it?

Gimme the pertinent verses that bear on the Nimitz Incident, then.

And BTW, "Enoch" is not part of the Bible, nor should it be. It's largely complete garbage.
God is not the author of confusion, so don't just dismiss those things God has said because you don't like them.

I never referred to the book of Enoch, there are other books which refer to the giants and ( the Sons of God (fallen Angels) and many other weird and wonderful creatures.

The Bible teaches us that many (Alien) life forms exist. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't know what qualifications (if any) you have to comment on this topic, but I will always stick with the Word of God over your word.

I was referring to Revelation 9:7-11, to prove to you that all kinds of strange creatures exist. There are many more I an give you, if you need more proof.

7 The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. 8 They had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle. 10 They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months. 11 And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is [c]Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name [d]Apollyon.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is not the author of confusion, so don't just dismiss those things God has said because you don't like them.

I never referred to the book of Enoch, there are other books which refer to the giants and ( the Sons of God (fallen Angels) and many other weird and wonderful creatures.

The Bible teaches us that many (Alien) life forms exist. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't know what qualifications (if any) you have to comment on this topic, but I will always stick with the Word of God over your word.

I was referring to Revelation 9:7-11, to prove to you that all kinds of strange creatures exist. There are many more I an give you, if you need more proof.

7 The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. 8 They had hair like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 And they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots with many horses running into battle. 10 They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months. 11 And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is [c]Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name [d]Apollyon.
I came up with an hypothesis about a year ago and I'm having a hard time finding scripture that counters it. Here goes:

The bible is written to humans on planet earth. That is what it's about. It is very silent on everything else other than how it impacts the earth. e.g. the sun gets hot. So I believe it's possible that in the quadrillions (and more) of galaxies there are quintillions (and more) of planets that God also populated with life, and every one of them has a race of imagers occupying a particular species of body. And he communes with every one in a body like theirs, just as he walked with Adam as a man. And all of them go through some sort of learning period before their relationship with Him is perfected. In our case it involved the eating of the apple that started the whole thing. It may be other things on other worlds and their "adam and eve" may have even passed the "test". I dunno.

Sure, this is wild speculation, but I can find nothing in the bible to contradict the possibility of something like this. Heck, it could even be one planet per galaxy and each planet gets that galaxy for their "playground" or back yard to fix up.

I simply use this hypothesis as a thought exercise as I interpret scripture. Rather than saying the bible is talking about all of the known universe, it is talking about OUR part of this universe and I like to follow, in my mind, bible comments about it with the words, "as far as mankind is concerned." e.g. as far as we're concerned the earth IS the universe. It's what we are responsible for. It's the planet he put us in charge of. The others are, quite literally, none of our business.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I just have to throw this out: A fun thought exercise for me is to ask Christians about the first three words in the bible: "In the beginning...". My question is this: The beginning of what? The answers are always fun for me, and I try to show people how they interpret it based on preconceved beliefs, like believing that "the heavens and the earth" means all of creation (all galaxies, etc.). But that is adding information that is not there. For me, it means the age of man. Roughly 6,000 years. And there is no reason to believe that this age was not constructed from the raw materials of the surface of a planet that was billions of years old and had already gone through many ages of other created life forms, the bones of which we still dig up from time to time. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's possible. There are things we "know", and things we don't. We don't really know much about that time, but only the very limited information God sees as relevant to share. He didn't give 25th century knowledge to the writers of the OT, and he isn't giving it to us either. :cool:

FWIW, whenever the bible says "the whole earth", I interpret it as "the surface of the known earth to those writing the text." Including Revelation.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is not the author of confusion...
No, but his ways are far above our ways, his thoughts far above ours. We need more respect for divine mystery. It is a fine line between seeking understanding and claiming to have it.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I came up with an hypothesis about a year ago and I'm having a hard time finding scripture that counters it. Here goes:

The bible is written to humans on planet earth. That is what it's about. It is very silent on everything else other than how it impacts the earth. e.g. the sun gets hot. So I believe it's possible that in the quadrillions (and more) of galaxies there are quintillions (and more) of planets that God also populated with life, and every one of them has a race of imagers occupying a particular species of body. And he communes with every one in a body like theirs, just as he walked with Adam as a man. And all of them go through some sort of learning period before their relationship with Him is perfected. In our case it involved the eating of the apple that started the whole thing. It may be other things on other worlds and their "adam and eve" may have even passed the "test". I dunno.

Sure, this is wild speculation, but I can find nothing in the bible to contradict the possibility of something like this. Heck, it could even be one planet per galaxy and each planet gets that galaxy for their "playground" or back yard to fix up.

I simply use this hypothesis as a thought exercise as I interpret scripture. Rather than saying the bible is talking about all of the known universe, it is talking about OUR part of this universe and I like to follow, in my mind, bible comments about it with the words, "as far as mankind is concerned." e.g. as far as we're concerned the earth IS the universe. It's what we are responsible for. It's the planet he put us in charge of. The others are, quite literally, none of our business.
What you say makes good sense and it sounds logical and realistic. I had a similar view a few years ago.

I studies Astronomy for around 9 months before I dropped out due to a clash with our Professor. I asked some questions which were not welcomed or answered, they were treated as disruptive and inappropriate.

Without going into great detail and a lengthy explanation, my questions were regarding the "big bang theory" or how the universe came into existence. Apart from the unsatisfactory answers I got on that subject, we had other clashes over why the earth is the only known planet within the observable universe which can support biological life.

We were privileged to have access to the images captured by the James Webb Space Telescope. The images supported my argument that the earth is in a "Goldilocks Zone" regarding Atmospheric conditions. The rest of the visible universe is filled with deadly radiation, no biological life can exist in such an environment.

I asked the good Professor, why he still held on to the idea that extra terrestrial life could exist in those hostile environments. He was unable to give an answer, but he did ask me to see him in his office after the lecture, where he warned me not to ever disrupt the class again.

I couldn't continue to swallow someone's false theories, without the opportunity to ask the uncomfortable questions.

This old documentary explain my objections much better than I can.

https://www.[bless and do not curse... and do not curse]ute.com/video/ojglJYj6W6AD/

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What you say makes good sense and it sounds logical and realistic. I had a similar view a few years ago.

I studies Astronomy for around 9 months before I dropped out due to a clash with our Professor. I asked some questions which were not welcomed or answered, they were treated as disruptive and inappropriate.

Without going into great detail and a lengthy explanation, my questions were regarding the "big bang theory" or how the universe came into existence. Apart from the unsatisfactory answers I got on that subject, we had other clashes over why the earth is the only known planet within the observable universe which can support biological life.

We were privileged to have access to the images captured by the James Webb Space Telescope. The images supported my argument that the earth is in a "Goldilocks Zone" regarding Atmospheric conditions. The rest of the visible universe is filled with deadly radiation, no biological life can exist in such an environment.

I asked the good Professor, why he still held on to the idea that extra terrestrial life could exist in those hostile environments. He was unable to give an answer, but he did ask me to see him in his office after the lecture, where he warned me not to ever disrupt the class again.

I couldn't continue to swallow someone's false theories, without the opportunity to ask the uncomfortable questions.

This old documentary explain my objections much better than I can.

That link just got me to a search that finds bible hub, bible gateway, etc.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is not the author of confusion
Which may be why almost no one agrees on what the Revelation "actually means".
, so don't just dismiss those things God has said because you don't like them.
I don't assume that anything is one of "those things of God" because someone with an obvious ax to grind declares it so. That's how heresies are built.
I never referred to the book of Enoch
You referred to concepts that are drawn from Enoch. Enoch isn't in the Bible, and never was.
, there are other books which refer to the giants and ( the Sons of God (fallen Angels) and many other weird and wonderful creatures.
I'm sure there are.

The Bible teaches us that many (Alien) life forms exist.
Really? Citations, please.
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.
True. I haven't seen a giant squid, but I'm fairly sure they exist. Citations please.
I don't know what qualifications (if any) you have to comment on this topic
At least as good as yours, and considerably less likely to do violence to the Scripture by trying to make it support baseless beliefs.
, but I will always stick with the Word of God over your word.
The Word of God makes no reference to "aliens" in any sense other than "foreigners". But you're free to prove me wrong with pertinent citations. You've apparently found things in the Word of God that I doubt are actually there. Fel free to prove me wrong.

Yeah, my favorites are the 200,000,00 cavalry (or possibly dragoons, it doesn't specify) riding lion-headed, snake-tailed fire breathing mounts. Gotta be literal, right?
Yep, gotta be spacemen/demons in flying saucers there, no doubt. They probably defy the laws of Physics as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married