Two Witnesses

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It never hurts to keep the context in mind..

John is writing of the things which shall be hereafter..

John is not writing the things which are here in chapter 11.. once again, he is writing the things which shall be here.. after...

So in my feeble mind.. this eliminates the 'here and now' aspect of this portion of the scriptures.

The word of God is often a two edged sword though.. and can often make us think in multiple directions.. and imo there's nothing wrong with that.. only that we should be careful in keeping the immediate context in mind.

Only a head's up, ie, "Prophecy" in Revelation contextually began at the time marked in Lk.21:24. "Prophecy" in the N.T. can be in the past, present, or in the future, ie, including the immediate future, ie, not so much in the English view of context, but more in the Koine structure of thoughts way of looking at it. :idea:

Old Jack

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Only a head's up, ie, "Prophecy" in Revelation contextually began at the time marked in Lk.21:24. "Prophecy" in the N.T. can be in the past, present, or in the future, ie, including the immediate future, ie, not so much in the English view of context, but more in the Koine structure of thoughts way of looking at it. :idea:

Old Jack

Here is a heads up Jack.. The things which shall be hereafter are exactly that..

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not opposed, in fact I agape them. I'm just a part of the lowest pecking order, ie, very low paygrade, and comfortable with it. :thumbsup:

Old low paygrade Jack

Interesting.. I suppose I don't understand what you are getting at..

You are lower on the totem than some of your peers?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Interesting.. I suppose I don't understand what you are getting at..

You are lower on the totem than some of your peers?

:thumbsup:

I asked our most esteemed professor (considered a linguistic scholar for sure at that time) long ago, "why haven't I ever seen you admit an error when someone brings it to your attention which I've seen many times over after you graded our weekly exams and pop quizes"?

He pulled me aside and privately stated, "If others see that I could be in error at one point then that could mean that I could be wrong in other important points dealing with Scriptures".

I thanked him for his honesty.

May I never become a scholar,

Old lower paygrade IITim.3:16 (refutable and correctable) Jack

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup:

I asked our most esteemed professor (considered a linguistic scholar for sure at that time) long ago, "why haven't I ever seen you admit an error when someone brings it to your attention which I've seen many times over after you graded our weekly exams and pop quizes"?

He pulled me aside and privately stated, "If others see that I could be in error at one point then that could mean that I could be wrong in other important points dealing with Scriptures".

I thanked him for his honesty.

May I never become a scholar,

Old lower paygrade IITim.3:16 (refutable and correctable) Jack

Exactly.. The man had no humility.. I doubt that is consent to label the rest however..

Ive had 3 preachers insist I go to seminary, they say I would be first in my class..

You couldn't pay me to go to seminary... I have a Bible, and an aptitude that negates the instruction, ie: autodidact.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Exactly.. The man had no humility.. I doubt that is consent to label the rest however..

Ive had 3 preachers insist I go to seminary, they say I would be first in my class..

You couldn't pay me to go to seminary... I have a Bible, and an aptitude that negates the instruction, ie: autodidact.

Then you should know who one of the "two witnesses" are in truth, ie, one that your 101% sure of thus maybe you should reconsider your answer?

Be a shame if a lower paygrade would reveal error thus a 'head's up'.

Old ICor.1:27 Jack, or is it IICor4:7, ie, that sometimers again.

Upvote 0