Where did Noah's dove rest when it was sent out for a third time after the flood?

Deep Truth

Nov 25, 2019
United States
✟73,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 8:6-12 At the end of forty days Noah opened the window of the ark that he had made (7) and sent forth a raven. It went to and fro until the waters were dried up from the earth. (8) Then he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters had subsided from the face of the ground. (9) But the dove found no place to set her foot, and she returned to him to the ark, for the waters were still on the face of the whole earth. So he put out his hand and took her and brought her into the ark with him. (10) He waited another seven days, and again he sent forth the dove (a second time) out of the ark. (11) And the dove came back to him in the evening, and behold, in her mouth was a freshly plucked olive leaf. So Noah knew that the waters had subsided from the earth. (12) Then he waited another seven days and sent forth the dove (a third time), and she did not return to him anymore.​
Noah8.png

Noah's dove that was sent out for a third time after the flood and did not return, revealed the time was near when Noah's family could leave the ark since the waters had dried up. However the scriptures are silent about where the dove found a place of rest, except for the one clue of the olive leaf, that's symbolic for the nation of Israel, Gen 8:11, Jer 11:16-17, Rom 11:24.

Genesis 8:13-16 In the six hundred and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried from off the earth. And Noah removed the covering of the ark and looked, and behold, the face of the ground was dry. (14) In the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth had dried out. (15) Then God said to Noah, (16) "Go out from the ark, you and your wife, and your sons and your sons' wives with you.​
  • Noah who was a faithful preacher of righteousness in a wicked generation, that was told by God to enter the ark in the 600th year of his life, 7 days before the flood of God's judgment destroyed unrighteous mankind (Gen 7:1-7, 10),
  • represents 6,000 years from Adam when the faithful saints will be raptured to the wedding banquet, 7 years before God's final judgment of unbelieving mankind takes place at the end of tribulation, Rev 3:10.
Noah20.1.png
  • Isaiah 57:1 The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.​
  • Isaiah 26:20-21 Go, my people, enter your rooms and shut the doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until his wrath has passed by. (21) See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling to punish the people of the earth for their sins.​
Noah's dove that returned to the ark the first time and was sent out after 7 days for a second and third time while the waters of the flood were receding from the earth, is a prophetic hint for God's wrath during the 7 years of tribulation.

The flood of God's wrath in the tribulation
I believe the thousand years as a day in Psalms 90 that's mentioned again in 2 Peter 3:8, are two prophetically related scriptures that are revealing the last year of the tribulation will take place at 90 years from 1948 in 2038, when unbelieving mankind will be swept away as with a flood of God's wrath, which is foreshadowed by the flood that destroyed rebellious mankind in the days of Noah, that's revealed in 2 Peter 3:3-8.
  • Psalms 90:4-9 For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night (in tribulation's darkness). (5) You sweep them away as with a flood; they are like a dream, like grass that is renewed in the morning: (6) in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers. (7) For we are brought to an end by your anger; by your wrath we are dismayed. (8) You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence. (9) For all our days pass away under your wrath; we bring our years to an end like a sigh.
  • 2 Peter 3:3-8 knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. (4) They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation." (5) For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, (6) and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. (7) But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of (tribulation) judgment and destruction of the ungodly. (8) But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
The scriptures in Psalms 88:16-17, also speak of God's wrath that surrounds sinful man like a flood.
  • Psalms 88:16-17 Your wrath has swept over me; your dreadful assaults destroy me. (17) They surround me like a flood all day long; they close in on me together.​
However, this particular Psalm seems to be describing God's flood of wrath for sin that was poured out on Jesus as he stretched out his hands and died on the cross for us, when his disciples shunned him in fear for their lives, Mat 26:31.
  • Psalms 88:3-9 For my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near to Sheol (on the cross). (4) I am counted among those who (are unrighteous that) go down to the pit; I am a man who has no strength, (5) like one set loose among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, like those whom you remember no more, for they are cut off from your hand. (6) You have put me in the depths of the pit, in the regions dark and deep. (7) Your wrath lies heavy upon me, and you overwhelm me with all your waves (of judgment for sin). Selah. (8) You have caused my companions (the disciples) to shun me; you have made me a horror to them. I am shut in so that I cannot escape; (9) my eye grows dim through sorrow. Every day I call upon you, O LORD; I have stretched out my hands to you (on the cross).​
  • Psalms 88:10-11 Do you work wonders for the dead? Do the departed rise up to praise you? Selah. (11) Is your steadfast love declared in the grave (through Jesus resurrection), or your faithfulness (to the saints who are asleep) in Abaddon? (Mat 27:50-53)​
When Jesus stretched out his hands as he was being crucified, he experienced the overwhelming flood of God's wrath for the sins of all mankind.

Your wrath has swept over me; your assaults destroy me, they surround me like a flood,
I have stretched out my hands to you, will the departed rise up to praise you?
Noah32.png
  • God's flood of judgment that destroyed sinful mankind in the days of Noah,​
  • that was experienced by Jesus when he received God's flood of wrath for our sins on the cross,​
  • will be poured out on those who refuse to accept Christ's forgiveness for their sins by faith, when the wicked will be swept away as with a flood of God's wrath at the end of the tribulation, in the third millennium from the cross, Psa 90:4-8.​
Noah29.png

As I previously said, Noah who entered the ark 7 days before the flood destroyed mankind, is an example for the faithful saints who will be raptured 7 years before God's flood of wrath for unbelieving mankind is completed at the end of the tribulation, Rev 3:10.

But what about Noah's dove that was sent out 3 different times to see if the waters of the flood had receded from the earth? Is this just a meaningless detail, or is there something hidden within this story that we are not seeing?
  • I believe there are two possible prophetic pictures that are being revealed in the story of Noah's dove.​
  • The first spiritual aspect that needs to be understood is the dove in several scriptures is symbolic for the Holy Spirit, while the olive tree represents Israel.​
  • And the dove who returned to the ark a second time with an olive leaf in its mouth when the the waters of the flood were receding from earth, could be prophetic for the survival of a believing remnant of Israel through God's flood of wrath for unrighteous mankind in the tribulation.​
Noah53.png

It's also possible that Noah's dove who was sent out 3 different times after the flood destroyed all mankind, is a long-term prophecy for 3 millennial days that began after God's wrath for all mankind was poured out on Jesus, when he stretched out his hands and died on the cross for us, Psa 88:3-9, 16-17.

Therefore, Noah's dove that was sent out the first time and returned to the ark since the flood waters had not receded, could be symbolic for the first millennial day that began after Jesus endured the flood of God's wrath for our sins on the cross, when unbelieving Israel was cast into the roaring waves of the nations who serve false gods made of wood and stone.

Noah54.png
  • Deuteronomy 4:27-28 And the LORD will scatter you among the peoples, and you will be left few in number among the nations where the LORD will drive you. (28) And there you will serve gods of wood and stone, the work of human hands, that neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.​
  • Isaiah 17:12 Ah, the thunder of many peoples; they thunder like the thundering of the sea! Ah, the roar of nations; they roar like the roaring of mighty waters! Psa 65:7​
  • Habakkuk 1:14 You make (unrighteous) mankind like the fish of the sea, like crawling things that have no ruler.​
While the second time when the dove returned to the ark near evening with an olive leaf in its mouth, is prophetic for the closing years of the second millennium when the people of Israel will be gathered back to their land from the nations of the world, Isa 11:11-12, 66:8, Eze 11:17.

Noah58.png
  • Deuteronomy 30:1-3 "And when all these things come upon you, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before you, and you call them to mind among all the nations where the LORD your God has driven you, (2) and return to the LORD your God, you and your children, and obey his voice in all that I command you today, with all your heart and with all your soul, (3) then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes and have mercy on you, and he will gather you again from all the peoples where the LORD your God has scattered you.​
  • Ezekiel 36:23-24 And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, and which you have profaned among them. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Lord GOD, when through you I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. (24) I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries and bring you into your own land.

The third time Noah's dove was sent out but did not return since it found a place of rest in the olive tree when the waters of the flood had dried up,represents the third millennium from the cross when Jesus pours out a spirit of grace on a remnant of Israel at the end of the tribulation, Zec 12:9-10when the Holy Spirit like a dove will rest on Christ and redeemed olive tree Israel as he reigns as King of kings in Jerusalem under the authority of his Father in heaven
Noah50.png

The Spirit is poured out on Israel in the tribulation
Zechariah 12:9-10 And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (10) "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.​
Romans 11:24 For if you (Gentiles) were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree (by faith in Jesus), how much more will these, the natural branches (of Israel), be grafted back into their own olive tree (by faith in their Messiah whom they pierced).​
Ezekiel 11:17-20 Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: I will gather you from the peoples and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.' (18) And when they come there, they will remove from it all its detestable things and all its abominations. (19) And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, (20) that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.​

The Spirit rests on Jesus when he rules in Jerusalem during the third millennium
Isaiah 11:1-10 There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. (2) And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. (3) And his delight shall be in the fear of the LORD. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, (4) but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. (5) Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the belt of his loins. (6) The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them. (7) The cow and the bear shall graze; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. (8) The nursing child shall play over the hole of the cobra, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. (9) They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. (10) In that (third millennial) day the root of Jesse, who shall stand as a signal for the peoples--of him shall the nations inquire, and his resting place shall be glorious (in righteous born-again olive tree Israel).​

The Spirit descends like a dove and rests on Jesus after his baptism
Matthew 3:16-17 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; (17) and behold, a voice from (the Father in) heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."​
The Spirit that descended like a dove
and rested on Jesus after his baptism,​
will rest on Christ and Israel in the third millennium,
when he will rule as Lord and King in Jerusalem​
Noah15.png

- Continued -

Last edited:

Deep Truth

Nov 25, 2019
United States
✟73,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The prophetic pattern of three millennial days that began from the cross when Jesus will return in the third day to save a remnant of Israel at the end of the tribulation, is repeated in Hosea 6:1-2 and Luke 13:31-32.
  • Hosea 6:1-2 "Come, let us return to the LORD; for he has torn us (on the cross for our sins), that he may heal us (by faith in his resurrection victory over sin and death); he has struck us down (when Israel is cast into the nations), and he will bind us up. (2) After two days (in the second millennium) he will revive us (when Israel returns to their land); on the third day (at the end of the tribulation) he will raise us up (in righteousness by faith), that we may live before him (in Jerusalem).
  • Luke 13:31-32 At that very hour some Pharisees came and said to him, "Get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you (symbolic for Jesus future death on the cross)." (32) And he said to them, "Go and tell that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow (during the 2,000 year gospel age), and the third day (in the tribulation) I finish my course (when Israel calls on the name of the Lord and is saved). Zec 13:8-9
Israel survives through God's flood of wrath in the tribulation
In Deuteronomy 4:25-28, it says if Israel acts corruptly by making a carved image in the form of anything and by doing what is evil so as to provoke the Lord to anger, they will perish from their land and be scattered among the nations where they will worship false gods made of wood and stone.

This prophecy was fulfilled by Israel when they trusted in their idol of self-righteous works and refused to believe in Jesus as their suffering Messiah, and as a result they were cast out of their land for over 1800 years.

However in Deuteronomy 4:30-31, God declares when you (Israel) are in tribulation, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, you will return to the LORD your God and obey his voice. (31) For the LORD your God is a merciful God. He will not leave you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them.

Then in Ezekiel 20:32-34, the Lord reveals that he will gather his people out of the countries who worship wood and stone and will become king over Israel with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out (in the tribulation).
  • Now what's prophetically important to understand about the scriptures in Ezekiel 20:31 to Ezekiel 20:38, is they appear to be describing the tribulation years from 2031 to 2038,
  • when a remnant of Israel will survive God's wrath for unrighteous mankind by faith in their resurrected Messiah, and will be filled by the Holy Spirit at the end of the tribulation in the third millennium from the cross.
  • And I believe this is symbolically hidden in the story of Noah's dove that was sent out for a third time when it found a place of rest in the olive tree after the waters of the flood had dried up.
Ezekiel 2038.png

In the following articles I examine the scriptures that appear to be pointing to the years of 2031 to 2038 for the tribulation.
Part 1, Are the years of the tribulation hidden in scripture?
Part 2, 2 days, 7th hour, 38
Part 3, 2-38
Part 4, Gen 14:14, 17:17, Ex 7:7, John 5:5
Part 5, Psalms 83 & 90
Part 6, Isaac's birth from Sarah at 90
Part 7, Isaac's birth from Sarah at 90

The Ominous Sign of Four Blood Moons in 2032 and 2033
Four Blood Moons in 2032 and 2033 Part 2, 85 Priests are put to death

Israel's Second Passover will be fulfilled in the last year of the Tribulation
Is the woman bent over by a disabling spirit an end-time prophecy for Israel?

Is Jonah's warning for Nineveh prophetic for today's wicked generation?
Is Jonah's warning for Nineveh prophetic for today's wicked generation? Part 2

Will brutal Taskmasters oppress mankind before the Tribulation begins?
A 7 year end-time harvest of saints will precede God's wrath

Joseph in prison "two whole years" is prophetic for a 2,000 year gospel age
21 possible examples for a 2,000 year gospel age

Rachel after 7 years of barrenness gave birth to Joseph when Jacob was 90
The 12 sons of Jacob, symbolic for Old and New Covenant Israel

4 Prophetic stories reveal a 2,000 year gospel age followed by the tribulation
The Tabernacle reveals the age of the Law, the age of Grace and the Millennium

Why did God want to kill Moses when he lodged on his way to set Israel free from slavery to Pharaoh?
Why did the blind man see men like trees walking when Jesus touched him?

Why was Jacob called Israel when he struggled with God?
When will unrighteous Jacob be called Israel?

Why is the Feast of Trumpets in the 7th month 1st day to the 10th day?
What does the disciples catch of 153 fish represent?

Netflix cartoon encourages people to get the Smart Mark
Where did Noah's dove rest when it was sent out for a third time after the flood?

In these articles I discuss the mystery of the soon coming rapture of the saints.
Do the scriptures reveal there will be two different raptures for the saints?

Will you be raptured in the first watch of the night?
Who are the sons of the kingdom cast into outer darkness?
Why will the first be last, and the last first?
Why are many called to the wedding banquet but few are chosen?

Will you be raptured to the feast of Abraham or left behind in Sodom?
Is the year of the rapture hidden in the story of Enoch?
Is the year of the rapture hidden in the story of Enoch? Part 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The post is too long, but I'll just say a few things. The "olive leaf" cannot refer to Israel in the time that Moses wrote the story, because he was writing about a time before Israel was even a nation. Nor does a Week refer, allegorically, to a 7 years of Tribulation--no such thing is taught in Scriptures, except that it is assumed from a vague verse in Dan 9.

The Flood of Noah "covered the whole earth." What this means is that flood waters covered the earth *as far as the eyes could see.* The "whole earth" to Moses would refer not to the "whole globe," but rather to "en entire stretch of land."

So Moses was talking about a gigantic flood covering an entire region of the planet, but located in a particular part of the earth, which I believe to be the Black Sea. At that place we find the geographical features that would identify an early civilization, as well as an area stretching far enough so that a person in a large boat would see no land for a long time.

The dove probably would not migrate far from the nest under those conditions, unless the waters began to subside, revealing olive trees that obviously had not been destroyed by the flood. Clearly, the ark had travelled closer to an area where the Flood had not covered. When the waters began to subside it was time to find land again.

Honestly, for waters to cover the entire globe, replete with high mountains, would require the creation of vast amounts of water that does not exist on our planet. It could never fully subside. So what we have is a very large local Flood that wiped out Noah's civilization completely, which was located in that region. The dove let Noah know it was time to disembark.

Probably the most "prophetic" thing about the Flood story is the fact Jesus used it to show that God always has laid wrath on the rebellious among mankind. When societies fall too far, they will be judged. But they will not be completely judged until God has His people, collected from sinful mankind. If God was to judge to quickly, many lost sheep would be lost forever. And so, judgment awaits 2 things....

1) a collection of a full number of God's elect children
2) a complete collapse of Christian Civilization on earth, rendering the Gospel impotent with the exception of a few remaining faithful followers whose example brings a testimony of judgment to the rebellious world.

Upvote 0