two dads get into a fight over daughters soft ball games?

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is the same mindset that happens when there is road rage. I've had it aimed at me for "nothing". (such as when I pulled up recently beside a car where the driver gave me "**LL") (not sure if can use the word) because he thought I was blocking his view. It's not worth the chance of confronting someone who may be violent. I have bigger battles I want to fight and hills to die on. So now I say "sorry" or I mouth the words so the other person knows what I say. I do the same on the greenway when I'm riding my bicycle. Sometime people are rude, don't obey the rules, and block the bikers from being able to pass by without riding on the grass, so I just go around or go so slow that they finally give in and move over, in which case I say a polite "thanks". After that, many will say "sorry". Kindness always results in the most benefits. If it doesn't , then it is a reflection on them, not me. (sorry for this short sermon)

good on you

I recently came across this video of this two women get into a vicious fight at Walmart

the whole thing is just very sad

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
have any those moms tried to take a swing at you?

honestly, I don't get those parents' mentality, and it scares me to think those people are responsible for bringing up our next generation.

whatever happens to all we need is love :(

No swings, they just told me I did'n't know how to coach.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No swings, they just told me I did'n't know how to coach.
When that happened to me, it was all I could do to resist telling them my coaching could not be as bad as their parenting.:ebil:

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I picture more mass shooting if everyone start bring guns to kids competitions.
So you think we have more to worry about from each other then we do the terrorists?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes. I am a youth baseball coach. I have coached in some capacity as either head coach or batting/fielding coach for both of my sons.

From T-ball to Little League...So far. :)

Had my fair share of irate parents wanting to give advice on how to play their nose picking dandelion picking kids. I can handle that and know how to defuse those situations.

The parents who are the most destructive are the ones who berate their own kids out loud. That's tougher to handle. You have to encourage the kid and put the parent in their place as constructively as possible.

Yes softball...I don't have daughters but have helped out a buddy coach games at 3B. Those softball moms and dads are rough.

Umpire had to toss out two parents in one game. Constant warnings to the bleachers on both sides. Crazy. Let the kids play and learn. That's what kids youth sports is about. Learn the game, make mistakes and get better.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My dad, stepdad, and grandpa have coached various kids sports over the years, but I don't think they've experienced anything as extreme as parents physically fighting with one another. I've never actually asked any of them about it, though. I don't think parents were rude to them, either, but it's very possible that they were and I just never witnessed it. The closest I can recall is that this mom was over the top upset her daughter had to wear a swim cap in the pool for the meet. She told my stepdad her daughter's hair hurt, and started screaming at him when he laughed. Not her head, her hair. From what I've observed the sports drama was tame in comparison to that of dance competitions. The show Dance Moms is of course hyperbolic but yet there are some elements of truth to it. When I was a kid my team won a national championship and was about to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, but then we got disqualified because parents of the 2nd place team had measured our prop and discovered it was like an inch too high according to the competition rulebook. The thing is, they sneakily measured it before we competed but tried to claim some moral high ground that the reason for the objection was our safety. If we hadn't won, then they never would have said anything about it. The very lowest of the low, though, was that a MOM had been posting rumors and cruel comments about girls her daughters were friends with but competed against (including me!) under an alias on YouTube.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I approve, because Khorne does not care from whence the blood flows, only that it flows.

My Ultra Marines could take your stupid Khorne any day.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What about the twin towers?
What about the twin towers? I'm sure the people involve were once normal behave people. Until they lost their minds.

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let the kids play and learn. That's what kids youth sports is about. Learn the game, make mistakes and get better.

Very true... You have to remember a lot of parents nowadays weren't raised the way we were. Maybe not all is lost they can still be taken out behind the barn and spanked... :)

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen many parents ruin it for very talented kids. My daughter has had three teammates on her swim team who were clear Division 1 college prospects. These girls got to the end of their junior year of high school and quit swimming. The common denominator all three of them had was their parents seemed to gain their self worth from how well their daughter did in the pool - and that showed itself in tremendous pressure on their kids. She has had many teammates who did go to swim in college and loved it. Typically, their parents were the ones who sent their kid the message, good meet or bad meet, that they just enjoyed watching their child swim.

My son (8th grade) plays baseball and wrestles. Strange to me, but the baseball parents tend to be much worse than the wrestling parents. Good and bad at both, but rarely does a baseball tournament go by where I do not see a parent being a doofus.

Upvote 0