two dads get into a fight over daughters soft ball games?

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people get mixed up and confused when they think they are defending their children. Teachers & coaches talk about how difficult some parents are to work with.
That's why I quit coaching kids after one year.

Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Parents fighting is nothing. Ever seen video of a parent assualting a kid?
Down south they would sell their own children into slavery. If they did not do what they were told they threatened to tie them to the wiping post and beat them within an inch of their lives.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Down south they would sell their own children into slavery. If they did not do what they were told they threatened to tie them to the wiping post and beat them within an inch of their lives.
I meant assualting someone else's child who was winning against their own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the same mindset that happens when there is road rage. I've had it aimed at me for "nothing". (such as when I pulled up recently beside a car where the driver gave me "**LL") (not sure if can use the word) because he thought I was blocking his view. It's not worth the chance of confronting someone who may be violent. I have bigger battles I want to fight and hills to die on. So now I say "sorry" or I mouth the words so the other person knows what I say. I do the same on the greenway when I'm riding my bicycle. Sometime people are rude, don't obey the rules, and block the bikers from being able to pass by without riding on the grass, so I just go around or go so slow that they finally give in and move over, in which case I say a polite "thanks". After that, many will say "sorry". Kindness always results in the most benefits. If it doesn't , then it is a reflection on them, not me. (sorry for this short sermon)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I meant assualting someone else's child who was winning against their own.
Really? Wow, what ever happened to good sportsmanship? Actually If you read Dennis Waitley he wrote a book called the double win. He things the sports mentality is a lot of the problem we have in this country where you have to have a winner and a loser. His solution in life is to negotiate a deal so that everyone is a winner and there are no losers. Success is a two way street.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's why I quit coaching kids after one year.

I coached for 7 straight years and it was quite interesting to say the least.

I participated in the sport I coached at the division one college level and over that seven years, I had more mothers telling me I had no clue what I was doing than dads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,245.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I participated in the sport I coached at the division one college level and over that seven years, I had more mothers telling me I had no clue what I was doing than dads.

I swam competitively for over 10 years. At one point my coach split off from the AAU team he was associated with over various issues.

What was extremely interesting is he created a rule, no parents at workouts, none, ever. Show up 5 minutes before the end you can sit in your car in the parking lot.

The sad part is it was a good rule.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I swam competitively for over 10 years. At one point my coach split off from the AAU team he was associated with over various issues.

What was extremely interesting is he created a rule, no parents at workouts, none, ever. Show up 5 minutes before the end you can sit in your car in the parking lot.

The sad part is it was a good rule.
A Great rule.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would also help, if they didn't show up at the games.
LOL
You know better than that. But they need rules at the beginning of the season that say you will be kick out if you cannot set a good example of sportsmanship for the kids. Then follow through with that rule.
We had to do this at our high school basketball games because of a couple of dads and one in particular. He did get kicked out of games. We just didn't put up with that from our kids or their parents.

What is really bad is when there is a whole crowd supporting the other team and they all take to booing the refs and the other team. These were the parents from an elite school where the parents were college educated and much more wealthy than our community. That just shows that education and money doesn't determine how classy a person is.

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

have any those moms tried to take a swing at you?

honestly, I don't get those parents' mentality, and it scares me to think those people are responsible for bringing up our next generation.

whatever happens to all we need is love :(

Upvote 0