Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you. The Book of Revelation should be judged against the rest of the Bible to see if it contradicts. There are many contradictions that I show in my study but as you talk about the New Earth etc, here is just one to prove the point.

The Bible only mentions Gog and Magog in two places: Ezekiel 38:1- 39:16 and Revelation 20:7-11, but while these two instances carry the same names, a close study of Scripture clearly demonstrates they do not refer to the same people or events. Both cannot be right, so the question is, which one is the true account of future events.

In Ezekiels's account of the coming of Gods Kingdom, it is through Gog that God will demonstrate to the atheist Israeli Zionist elite that it is He and not them who brought them out of the nations, and by His actions against this atheist Israeli government. God will prove to the entire world that He is God when he brings about His kingdom under the rule of his Son's Second Coming in Jerusalem and the present ungodly Jews will be among them. Never again will the Jews profane his holy name as they do now under the Zionist regime.

"I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign Lord. This is the day I have spoken of." (Exekiel 39:7) [bold mine]

In Ezekiel's prophecy, Gog from the land of Magog (Ezekiel 38:1) is the name given to a leader of a great army that attacks the land of Israel and Jerusalem in particular, just before the coming of the Kingdom of God under the rule of Jesus, the Son of God.

"This is what the Sovereign Lord says: You are the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel. At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them. This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign Lord. In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground." (Ezekiel 38:17-20)

On that day, people all over the world will become fearful when they see Gog and his armies move against Israel. They will know that God had foretold this. The great earthquake described is the same one that the prophet Zechariah describes when he says:

"A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him." (Zechariah 14:1-5)

The prophets Ezekiel and Zechariah are in agreement with the events leading to the Second Coming and the installation of the Kingdom of God under the rule of his Son.

It is important to recognise that Ezekiel's Gog is described as leading a group of nations, those from Gog's own nation of Magog which includes Meshek and Tubal within it area of influence, and joined with him are the armies of Persia, Cush, Put, Gomer and Beth Togarmah from the far north. Many other nations are not involved and when God's kingdom is established we are told that "many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the LORD Almighty and to entreat him." (Zechariah 8:22) and that God will "settle disputes for strong nations far and wide". (Micah 4:3)

"In the last days the mountain of the Lord's temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and peoples will stream to it. Many nations will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore." (Micah 4:1-3)

The events described in Ezekiel all come before and at the Second Coming of Christ. Now let us compare this with what the book of Revelation says about Gog.

The first thing to be observed is that Gog of the book of Revelation does not attack before or at the Second Coming of Christ, but a thousand years afterwards - after the thousand year reign of Jesus and the saints that follows the first destruction of all of mankind at the Battle of Armageddon, on the great day of God Almighty. (Revelation 16) Satan however is seized and bound for a thousand years " to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time." (Revelation 20:1-3)

"When the thousand years are over, Satan is released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth-Gog and Magog-and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:7-10)

Incidentally, the term Armageddon does not appear any of the Hebrew scriptures (Old Testament) nor does it in the Christian Greek scriptures (New Testament), nor in any of the Jewish apocalypses, or in the Apocrypha. This is another invention of the author of the Apocalypse.
There are several things to observe about Gog in the book of Revelation, For starters, Gog and Magog are described as two entities that are evidently symbolic of all the nations of the four corners of the earth. In contrast, Ezekiel, Gog comes from the land of Magog.

Next, in the battle of Ezekiel 38-39, the armies come primarily from the north and involve only a few nations of the earth (Ezekiel 38:6, 15; 39:2) but when Satan is released after the thousand years, ALL the nations are gathered from the four corners of the earth for battle, in other words, these armies will come from all directions, not just from the north. I might add that at the battle of Armageddon and the outpouring of the wrath of God before the thousand years of the saints, I have shown elsewhere that the earth has been destroyed and all the people have been killed. One has to ask from where did the new nations of Gog and Magog spring from that are gathered against God for the last time when everyone had been killed off before?

It should also be noted too that there is no mention of Satan in the context of Ezekiel 38-39 but in Revelation 20:7 the context clearly places the battle at the end of the millennium with Satan as the primary character who is responsible of gathering the nations against Israel. In Ezekiel, it is God who puts "hooks in the jaws of Gog", like pulling fish out of water, and forces Gog to bring his whole army and his allies against Israel and Jerusalem so that Israel and the nations will KNOW Him when he has proved holy through their eyes.

Then there is the matter of what happens after the great battle. Ezekiel 39:11-12 states that after the battle for Israel, the dead will be buried for seven months. But, in the case of the battle described in Revelation 20:8-9 when everyone of all the nations are destroyed (again), we are told that everybody is cremated when, "fire came down from heaven and devoured them." Yet, Ezekiel tells us that after the battle with the nations that had attacked Israel with Gog from the land of Magog, when the Kingdom of God is established at Jerusalem, powerful nations are still intact to witness what he had done. And, from that day forward, the survivors of atheist Zionist Israel will know that God had done this and know that He is their God.
"I will display my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see the punishment I inflict and the hand I lay on them [on Gog and his allies]. From that day forward the people of Israel will know that I am the Lord their God." (Ezekiel 39:21)

Clearly, it will be somewhat difficult for the nations to see God's glory if the nations are destroyed and all the people with them.

The author of the Apocalypse contradicts what Ezekiel and the prophets Zechariah and Micah say who agree that afterwards the existing powerful nations will go to Jerusalem, to have their
disputes adjudicated by God through Christ, and that God's laws will bring about a world of peace. This is what the Kingdom of God is all about. It is this kingdom for which Jesus said we should pray, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Luke 11:2; Matthew 6:10)

The article in the link below does a good job overall of describing my viewpoint on the topic.

Using the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament often causes confusion.

Gog of Magog - Here a little, there a little - Prophecy

.....................................................................................

Joh 21:20  Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, "Lord, who is the one who betrays You?" 
Joh 21:21  Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, "But Lord, what about this man?" 
Joh 21:22  Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me." 
Joh 21:23  Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you?" 
Joh 21:24  This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true. 
Joh 21:25  And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen. 

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Act 27:23  For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 
Act 27:24  saying, 'Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.' 

I cannot accept your statement above, based on Acts 27:23-24.
The Apostle Paul was an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Paul was serving God and His Son at the same time.

There was an angel who brought him a message in Acts 27 in the same way that an angel brought a message to Philip in Acts 8:26.

This angel of God was speaking on behalf of Christ and his ministry, of which Paul was a representative.

The Book of Revelation should be judged instead on whether or not it produces conflict with the rest of the New Testament. There is nothing in the book that makes it not compatible with the other books of the New Covenant. It reveals the New Heavens and the New Earth of the everlasting covenant found in the Old Testament and the New Testament.

I agree with you.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
YOU SAY
The Apostle Paul was an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Paul was serving God and His Son at the same time.
MY ANSWER
I agree!
YOU SAY
There was an angel who brought him a message in Acts 27 in the same way that an angel brought a message to Philip in Acts 8:28.
MY ANSWER
BUT NOT FROM JESUS. THE ANGEL WAS FROM GOD IN WHO PAUL SAYS "of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me".

The angel does not claim to have been sent by Jesus. Instead, "God has granted you the lives of all who sail with you.’…".

The message comes from God not Jesus.

YOU SAY
This angel of God was speaking on behalf of Christ and his ministry, of which Paul was a representative.
MY ANSWER
"This angel of God was speaking on behalf of Christ" but the scripture does not say that. That is your interpretation which is not born out by the scriptures you quote. The truth of the matter is that the angel was conveying a message from God to Paul "For I believe God. It will be just as he said."

As for Acts 8:28 it was the Holy Spirit that Philip was moved to tell the Ethiopian about the scripture he was reading. And then Philip preached to the Ethipian the meaning of the scripture. THIS IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM RECEIVING A MESSAGE FROM JESUS.

So you in essence are saying that you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and also that you reject the Trinity.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you. The Book of Revelation should be judged against the rest of the Bible to see if it contradicts. There are many contradictions that I show in my study but as you talk about the New Earth etc, here is just one to prove the point.

The Bible only mentions Gog and Magog in two places: Ezekiel 38:1- 39:16 and Revelation 20:7-11, but while these two instances carry the same names, a close study of Scripture clearly demonstrates they do not refer to the same people or events. Both cannot be right, so the question is, which one is the true account of future events.

In Ezekiels's account of the coming of Gods Kingdom, it is through Gog that God will demonstrate to the atheist Israeli Zionist elite that it is He and not them who brought them out of the nations, and by His actions against this atheist Israeli government. God will prove to the entire world that He is God when he brings about His kingdom under the rule of his Son's Second Coming in Jerusalem and the present ungodly Jews will be among them. Never again will the Jews profane his holy name as they do now under the Zionist regime.

"I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign Lord. This is the day I have spoken of." (Exekiel 39:7) [bold mine]

In Ezekiel's prophecy, Gog from the land of Magog (Ezekiel 38:1) is the name given to a leader of a great army that attacks the land of Israel and Jerusalem in particular, just before the coming of the Kingdom of God under the rule of Jesus, the Son of God.

"This is what the Sovereign Lord says: You are the one I spoke of in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel. At that time they prophesied for years that I would bring you against them. This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel, my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign Lord. In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground." (Ezekiel 38:17-20)

On that day, people all over the world will become fearful when they see Gog and his armies move against Israel. They will know that God had foretold this. The great earthquake described is the same one that the prophet Zechariah describes when he says:

"A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him." (Zechariah 14:1-5)

The prophets Ezekiel and Zechariah are in agreement with the events leading to the Second Coming and the installation of the Kingdom of God under the rule of his Son.

It is important to recognise that Ezekiel's Gog is described as leading a group of nations, those from Gog's own nation of Magog which includes Meshek and Tubal within it area of influence, and joined with him are the armies of Persia, Cush, Put, Gomer and Beth Togarmah from the far north. Many other nations are not involved and when God's kingdom is established we are told that "many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the LORD Almighty and to entreat him." (Zechariah 8:22) and that God will "settle disputes for strong nations far and wide". (Micah 4:3)

"In the last days the mountain of the Lord's temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and peoples will stream to it. Many nations will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore." (Micah 4:1-3)

The events described in Ezekiel all come before and at the Second Coming of Christ. Now let us compare this with what the book of Revelation says about Gog.

The first thing to be observed is that Gog of the book of Revelation does not attack before or at the Second Coming of Christ, but a thousand years afterwards - after the thousand year reign of Jesus and the saints that follows the first destruction of all of mankind at the Battle of Armageddon, on the great day of God Almighty. (Revelation 16) Satan however is seized and bound for a thousand years " to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time." (Revelation 20:1-3)

"When the thousand years are over, Satan is released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth-Gog and Magog-and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (Revelation 20:7-10)

Incidentally, the term Armageddon does not appear any of the Hebrew scriptures (Old Testament) nor does it in the Christian Greek scriptures (New Testament), nor in any of the Jewish apocalypses, or in the Apocrypha. This is another invention of the author of the Apocalypse.
There are several things to observe about Gog in the book of Revelation, For starters, Gog and Magog are described as two entities that are evidently symbolic of all the nations of the four corners of the earth. In contrast, Ezekiel, Gog comes from the land of Magog.

Next, in the battle of Ezekiel 38-39, the armies come primarily from the north and involve only a few nations of the earth (Ezekiel 38:6, 15; 39:2) but when Satan is released after the thousand years, ALL the nations are gathered from the four corners of the earth for battle, in other words, these armies will come from all directions, not just from the north. I might add that at the battle of Armageddon and the outpouring of the wrath of God before the thousand years of the saints, I have shown elsewhere that the earth has been destroyed and all the people have been killed. One has to ask from where did the new nations of Gog and Magog spring from that are gathered against God for the last time when everyone had been killed off before?

It should also be noted too that there is no mention of Satan in the context of Ezekiel 38-39 but in Revelation 20:7 the context clearly places the battle at the end of the millennium with Satan as the primary character who is responsible of gathering the nations against Israel. In Ezekiel, it is God who puts "hooks in the jaws of Gog", like pulling fish out of water, and forces Gog to bring his whole army and his allies against Israel and Jerusalem so that Israel and the nations will KNOW Him when he has proved holy through their eyes.

Then there is the matter of what happens after the great battle. Ezekiel 39:11-12 states that after the battle for Israel, the dead will be buried for seven months. But, in the case of the battle described in Revelation 20:8-9 when everyone of all the nations are destroyed (again), we are told that everybody is cremated when, "fire came down from heaven and devoured them." Yet, Ezekiel tells us that after the battle with the nations that had attacked Israel with Gog from the land of Magog, when the Kingdom of God is established at Jerusalem, powerful nations are still intact to witness what he had done. And, from that day forward, the survivors of atheist Zionist Israel will know that God had done this and know that He is their God.
"I will display my glory among the nations, and all the nations will see the punishment I inflict and the hand I lay on them [on Gog and his allies]. From that day forward the people of Israel will know that I am the Lord their God." (Ezekiel 39:21)

Clearly, it will be somewhat difficult for the nations to see God's glory if the nations are destroyed and all the people with them.

The author of the Apocalypse contradicts what Ezekiel and the prophets Zechariah and Micah say who agree that afterwards the existing powerful nations will go to Jerusalem, to have their
disputes adjudicated by God through Christ, and that God's laws will bring about a world of peace. This is what the Kingdom of God is all about. It is this kingdom for which Jesus said we should pray, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." (Luke 11:2; Matthew 6:10)

There are NO contradictions in the Scriptures. Deeper study shows that the Word of God is exactly that.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Apostle John did not write the Book of Revelation. He was killed about the same time as his brother James.

John the Elder, the Beloved Disciple wrote the Gospel and the Epistles and eg: R H Charles:

"That the Gospel and Epistles were from one and the same author, who was probably John the Elder..."

"The grammatical differences... make the assumption of a common authorship of the Gospel and the Apocalypse absolutely impossible."

May I suggest you read my study which contains copious references and evidence that John, the Son of Zebedee was killed about 46 AD which means He could not have written the Gospel, Epistles or Revelation.

Revelation 1:1-6...............
"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His servants what must soon take place; and He made it known by sending His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the Word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw.
(John 1:1, In the beginning was the WORD and the Word was with God and the Word was God") Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein; for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

As stated in the Scriptures above, although The Apostle John wrote the Book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have recently carried out an extensive study of the Book of Revelation and have come to the conclusion that it should never have been included in the NT canon because contrary to popular belief, they are not the words of Jesus. If you would like to read my study please visit
The Apocalypse Deception, Exposing Revelation, Book of Revelation

Ask yourself this?
What is odd about the Apocalypse is we find Jesus speaking to the author in visions through an angel who has no name. Why would Jesus require an angelic mediator to speak on his behalf? Something is amiss here. This is because Jesus has always appeared in person to convey any message he himself has made that needed to be communicated, just as the Apostle Paul relates in his letter to the Corinthians:

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born." (I Corinthians 15;3-8)

As Paul said, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time." (1 Timothy 2:5-6) Thus, Paul warns Christians to beware of "false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ." These false apostles mimic the deceptions of Satan who "disguises himself as an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:13-14)

It is interesting to note that the visions of the Apocalypse are presented through an unnamed angel to John of Patmos so the following warning from Paul takes on considerable importance. "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!" (Galatians 1:8) Furthermore, Jesus himself said that the time would come when there would be those who claimed to represent him especially in the context of future events, even though he had already told everything that needed to be said, in advance.

"And then if anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Messiah'; or, 'Behold, He is there'; do not believe him; for false Messiahs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect. "But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance." (Mark 13:21-23) [bold mine]
LOL....Angel means Messenger of God........................GET OUT.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"That's cute" but not what I said per se. You stated the Book of Revelation was not meant to be understood or can't be understood, else there wouldn't be 100's of interpretations. I stated that book of Revelation MEANS the Revealing, or.....John at Patmos: the receiving of an apocalyptic vision. Anapocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω, literally meaning "an uncovering") is a disclosure of knowledge or revelation.

So the very meaning of the book, proves your description is wrong, HENCE WHY ARE THERE 100'S OF INTERPRETATIONS ? Because NO DOUBT many are not hearing from the Holy Spirit, but from Satan, who is as an ANGEL OF LIGHT.

Remember in the garden of Gethsemane, Peter wanted to FIGHT those that were going to come and take Jesus away, but what did Jesus say to him ? Get thee BEHIND ME SATAN !! Peter was listening to Satan, "PROTECT YOUR MESSIAH/KING, Fight for him. Jesus had already told him, my Kingdom is not of this world, but in Heaven. You see, we must HEAR THE HOLY SPIRIT, and not Satan's voice.

And since the Revelation means a REVEALING, those that cant seem to understand it, aren't trying hard enough, or are not being led by the Holy Spirit. Many just don't try it seems, then take guesses, others hear things and can't see the lies mixed with half truths.

Revelation is encoded by the Old Testament. Once that sinks in, most everyone can understand it.

Agreed!

IMO, the Revelation is the "in-veiling" of the Old Test. prophecies.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The book of Daniel which I have studied intensely and I am in the process writing a book about it especially in connection with the Coming of the Messiah (Jesus) and the Antichrist, stands by itself without the need for the Book of Revelation to interpret it.

If you don't want read my post on Revelation, that is fine if you do not wish to "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21) "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1) but perhaps you might be interested in an article I wrote in which the name of the Messiah is actually recorded in the Book of Zechariah.

The Messiah Name Conspiracy, The Name of the Messiah is recorded in the Tanakh (Old Testament) by the prophet Zechariah and is in plain sight

I disagree completely with your thinking.

Personally, I know many Nazarene believers and not a single one of them have the interpretations of Scripture that you are putting forth.

For you to say that the Revelation should not be in the canon of Scriptures leaves me speechless.

I have to ask you this question. Are you a born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you.

There is also the following piece of evidence that connects the Book of Revelation to the Book of John.

There are two types of resurrections in John chapter 5.

The one found below is the spiritual resurrection from the dead upon coming to faith in Christ.

Joh 5:24  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

The second is the resurrection of the body, which occurs when Christ returns.
Below we find the resurrection of the dead bracketed by two verses which make it plain that Christ is the judge.

Joh 5:27  and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. 

Joh 5:28  Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 

Joh 5:29  and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. 

Joh 5:30  I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me. 

It is my opinion that "the first resurrection" mentioned in Revelation chapter 20 is the spiritual resurrection. If the same man recorded both of these passages it would make perfect sense that he is referring to the same concept in another book that he had written.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

(John saw "souls". Where are souls now living with Christ?)

Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. 
(A person who has been passed from spiritual death to spiritual life, through faith in Christ, need not fear the death of the body.)

This would put the resurrection of the body at the end of Revelation chapter 20, when the books are read.

Php_4:3  And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

In the verse above Paul mentions the fact that our names are written in the Book of Life.

What is the time of the judgment of the dead?

Rev 11:18  The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth." 

This occurs right after the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Book of Revelation. At this moment the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ "forever". How long is forever? (Revelation 11:15)

Most people skip over Revelation 11:18, because they cannot make it fit.
It does not fit many interpretations of the book, because the book is not in chronological order. Instead, it is a series of overlapping visions.

The Second coming is found at the end of chapter 6 with those hiding from the wrath of the Lamb. It is found at the end of chapter 11. It is found in the "harvest" of chapter 14. It is found when He returns "as a thief" in Revelation 16:15. It is found in chapter 19 and at the end of chapter 20.

The reference to returning "as a thief" is also found in 1 Thessalonians 5:2 and 2 Peter 3:10. These other references that refer to the same idea of coming "as a thief" reveal that the Book of Revelation was written by the same author as the other New Testament books.
The true author is God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0