Blessing in Revelation 14: 13 blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 14: 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" NKJV

Jesus deals with Babylon in chapter 14. In verse 13 John records a voice from heaven saying those who die in the Lord from now on are blessed. Revelation for the most part is God dealing with the unsaved by pouring out His wrath. Death and destruction worldwide is a setting most people wouldn't feel blessed during, especially if one has to die to get the blessing.

Daniel 12:11 "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he who waits and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days. NKJV

Daniel records a blessing corresponding to the same time period. Blessed are those who wait on the Lord and come to day 1335. I say the time of both blessings is the same. Why would a Christian be blessed after God deals with Babylon?

Revelation 17: 6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement. 7 But the angel said to me, "Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 "Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. 11 The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition. NKJV

Babylon sits on seven hills and is the place where the Holy Roman, Catholic, Church's headquarters are. If this is true and God destroys the church they must be considered to be tares by God. Tares are people claiming to be Christians but are not true believers. The tares may not realize their religion is false. If a person who claims to be a Christian is still alive after the angels send the tares to hell they are blessed. If they did not know they were a child of God before, it's a certainty now. That would have to be a tremendous boost to their faith.

Matthew 13: 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."' NKJV

At the time of the harvest, the Lords Day, the tares will be harvested before all other sinners. The sixth trumpet, chapter 9, is the first time in the book of Revelation when angels are sent out to kill unbelievers and send them to hell. Their destruction is also described in later chapters of Revelation.

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one........................41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! NKJV

The tares are harvested before Jesus gathers His church. At this time the Christians will shine forth like the stars in heaven.

Daniel 12: 3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. NKJV

This is a blessing as it will be the best time in the last 2000 years for Christians to witness. Within 50 years of Jesus' death Christians had to deal with tares polluting the true doctrine. After God deals with them there will be no tares to confuse the unsaved with false doctrine. No tares to turn people away from Christianity by their outrageous and unchristian behavior.

Christians will be blessed because they will shine like the stars. Their testimony will be loud and clear. Plus if they are slain because of their witness they get the blessing from Revelation 14: 13.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 14: 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" NKJV

Jesus deals with Babylon in chapter 14. In verse 13 John records a voice from heaven saying those who die in the Lord from now on are blessed. Revelation for the most part is God dealing with the unsaved by pouring out His wrath. Death and destruction worldwide is a setting most people wouldn't feel blessed during, especially if one has to die to get the blessing.
I can't agree that the book of Revelation is "largely dealing with the unsaved!" The book is written to the Saved!

I don't think God's Wrath is being poured out during the Reign of Antichrist, except in relatively small doses. Comparably, the Wrath of God poured out at the end, bringing the world to the judgment seat of Christ, is the major example of God's Wrath the world is warned against.

The Church needs to *be here* to warn the world all the way up until the end. To leave the world without a witness is wrong. The Church will be here in full force, even if Faith at that time seems hard to find. The Army will be relatively small, but the power great.

God's "Wrath" is Eternal Judgment--not hurricanes, earthquakes, and wars. We are to warn the unsaved about *Eternal Judgment!*
Daniel 12:11 "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. 12 Blessed is he who waits and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days. NKJV
This verse has to do with Antiochus 4 in the 2nd century BC. The AoD Jesus spoke of was the Roman invasion 66-70 AD, referred to in his Olivet Discourse. That AoD is found in Dan 9.
Babylon sits on seven hills and is the place where the Holy Roman, Catholic, Church's headquarters are.
That isn't said. A "harlot" is a cheap counterfeit. Perhaps a completely apostate RCC could reflect that? I'm not a Catholic-hater, though.

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't agree that the book of Revelation is "largely dealing with the unsaved!" The book is written to the Saved!

I don't think God's Wrath is being poured out during the Reign of Antichrist, except in relatively small doses. Comparably, the Wrath of God poured out at the end, bringing the world to the judgment seat of Christ, is the major example of God's Wrath the world is warned against.

The Church needs to *be here* to warn the world all the way up until the end. To leave the world without a witness is wrong. The Church will be here in full force, even if Faith at that time seems hard to find. The Army will be relatively small, but the power great.

God's "Wrath" is Eternal Judgment--not hurricanes, earthquakes, and wars. We are to warn the unsaved about *Eternal Judgment!*

This verse has to do with Antiochus 4 in the 2nd century BC. The AoD Jesus spoke of was the Roman invasion 66-70 AD, referred to in his Olivet Discourse. That AoD is found in Dan 9.

That isn't said. A "harlot" is a cheap counterfeit. Perhaps a completely apostate RCC could reflect that? I'm not a Catholic-hater, though.

Revelation 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" NKJV

Revelation is a time of trouble for Jacob. Jacob is Israel prior to receiving the blessing (Unsaved Israel).

Verse Revelation 6:16 hide us from His wrath sounds like it's not going to be a fun time. Verse 17 the day of His wrath has come. A day is like a thousand years to God. So, the day of the Lord is a thousand years. The first 7 years is the tribulation. Then there is Jesus' 1000-year reign of peace.

After chapter 6 God seals the 144000 in chapter 7. I think God's wrath starts after chapter 7. Then in Chapter 8 the trumpets sound. The first four:

Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night. NKJV

The first 4 strike the earth and heavens. The 3rd trump people died from bad water. Still it doesn't sound like fun to me. It sounds like God may be a little mad.

The fifth trumpet all people without the seal of God are tormented for 5 months. They want to die but cannot. This sounds like wrath to me.

The sixth trumpet four angels are released to send an army of two hundred million horsemen to kill a third of mankind. People have died from previous plagues, but this is the first time that angels have been sent to kill men by fire, smoke and brimstone. They send people to hell.

Matthew 13:24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' 28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?' 29 But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'" NKJV

5th and 6th trumpet is for the unsaved.

The sixth trumpet God sent His angels to gather the tares and burn them. Verse 30 at the time of the harvest God will say first gather the tares. Tares are people, counterfeits, claiming to be wheat (Christian). Catholics for the most part are born to it. Very few have a personal relationship with Christ. In Italy the Catholic church is the state church. I am not a Catholic hater either, but I do believe that most of the Catholic Church is composed of tares because of their doctrines. There are other counterfeit denominations also and tares can be found in all denominations. God gathers all tares of all denominations at the same time.

The seventh trumpet the two witnesses are raptured. I say that is the rapture of the OT saints and NT saints. I would not want to be from the 1st to the 7th trumpet. I say the church leaves after the 7th trump.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed — 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. NKJV

The 7th trumpet is the last trumpet given in revelation.

The Abomination listed in Luke 13: 14 sounds like it occurs around the tribulation time.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Revelation 6:16 and said to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" NKJV

Revelation is a time of trouble for Jacob. Jacob is Israel prior to receiving the blessing (Unsaved Israel).
The announcement that the Day of Wrath has come is a kind of "flash forward" vision, or "prolepsis," a vision of the future as if it is happening now. It is a projection forward to the actual Day of Wrath, when Christ will come in the midst of what seems to be world war.

Reference to the "time of Jacob's trouble" is an unnecessary, uneven association with that event. Christ's Coming will indeed mean wrath to complete against unbelieving Israel. But the primary meaning of Christ's Return is to save Israel, to restore the nation to faith in God.
Verse Revelation 6:16 hide us from His wrath sounds like it's not going to be a fun time. Verse 17 the day of His wrath has come. A day is like a thousand years to God. So, the day of the Lord is a thousand years. The first 7 years is the tribulation. Then there is Jesus' 1000-year reign of peace.
As I said, the Reign of Antichrist, which is actually only 3.5 years, is not the "Day of Wrath." That is a time of persecution for Christians unfortunate enough to live in Europe, where I believe Antichrist will be seated, in the heart of post-Christian territory. This may or may not be described by Paul as the "temple of God."
After chapter 6 God seals the 144000 in chapter 7. I think God's wrath starts after chapter 7. Then in Chapter 8 the trumpets sound. The first four:
How often this mistake is made, to turn Revelation into a sequential chronology of endtimes history. The book of Revelation is actually a series of non-chronological visions.

Each vision may have its own chronology, but the visions are not given in chronological order. The Scroll Vision is very large, and encompasses many smaller vision, each of which may include prolepses and flashbacks.

Literature allows for this kind of flexibility. These are common literary features. To render the book sequential and chronological is a big mistake.

Certainly the narrative carries on progressively, and John sees the visions chronologically in his own time frame. But the visions steer away from interconnected time frames, because prophecy is not so much about times and seasons than an encouragement to Christian living.

The prophecy of the Reign of Antichrist was given early in Christian history to encourage Christians to deal with their own Antichrists in their own times, because Antichristianity characterizes all of NT history. As Paul said, Christ cannot come for his Church until Antichrist comes 1st. 2 Thes 2.

That's why Paul forbade fellow Christians from proclaiming that the Kingdom had already arrived on earth, because Christ comes from heaven only after the Antichrist has come. We must deal with our own earthly concerns in a spiritual way before expecting deliverance from heaven. If we are faithful on earth, heaven will send Christ to reward us.
Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night. NKJV
These are just declarations of God's final judgment against the Empire of Antichrist. Again, it is *flashing forward!*
The sixth trumpet God sent His angels to gather the tares and burn them. Verse 30 at the time of the harvest God will say first gather the tares. Tares are people, counterfeits, claiming to be wheat (Christian). Catholics for the most part are born to it. Very few have a personal relationship with Christ. In Italy the Catholic church is the state church. I am not a Catholic hater either, but I do believe that most of the Catholic Church is composed of tares because of their doctrines. There are other counterfeit denominations also and tares can be found in all denominations. God gathers all tares of all denominations at the same time.
Let me explain myself further about this. I agree with you that Catholicism has spawned a counterfeit Christianity. But I also believe that many in the Catholic Church are genuine Christians.

It's just that most of them are, I think, purely Nominal Christians. That is, they believe in God, but they do not really know how to walk with Christ. They pray, but he is not alive, spiritually, in their lives. Their worship is going to church and going through various religious ceremonies.

These will not necessarily be lost. They simply will not be Raptured to heaven at Christ's Coming, in my opinion. They will go on living and enter into the Millennial Age as mortals, still needing to build their lives spiritually, since they aren't doing it yet in this age.

Those who are walking with Christ today, who are knowledgeable about the ways of the Spirit, and are walking with Christ, are testifying against sin and evil in the present age, and helping to prepare Christians now. They are the ones who will be caught up to Christ when he comes, to be rewarded with immortality and to rule in the next age.

Thus, the Rapture will be a much lower-key event than that described in the Left Behind types of movies and books. People won't just go missing all over the world, leaving their clothes behind, letting planes and cars crash, etc.

Rather, in the midst of a nuclear war a rather limited group of true Christians will be caught up at the same time as others are being killed in the conflagration of battle. Who knows what it will really look like?
The seventh trumpet the two witnesses are raptured. I say that is the rapture of the OT saints and NT saints. I would not want to be from the 1st to the 7th trumpet. I say the church leaves after the 7th trump.
I think the 7th Trumpet is the Coming of Christ in Rev 11, I agree. However, the 2 Witnesses lay in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days *after* the 1260 days of the Reign of Antichrist have expired.

It is at this time that armies in the East turn on Antichrist and march to Armageddon to either fight him or join him--I'm not sure? So Christ is coming at some unknown period of time, following months of international mobilization to Israel. And this follows the 3.5 years of Antichrist's uncontested rule on earth.

His base of power will be 10 nations in Europe, but he will not directly rule over the whole earth. It's just that the whole earth will be afraid of him, since he is the supreme superpower on earth for 1260 days. Obviously, this is very speculative.
The Abomination listed in Luke 13: 14 sounds like it occurs around the tribulation time.
However, it is very provable that the "Abomination of Desolation" mentioned in Luke 21 is the Roman Army in the 66-70 AD time frame. It is also clearly spelled out in Dan 9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Daniel records a blessing corresponding to the same time period. Blessed are those who wait on the Lord and come to day 1335. I say the time of both blessings is the same. Why would a Christian be blessed after God deals with Babylon?

Revelation 17: 6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement. 7 But the angel said to me, "Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns. 8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 "Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. 10 There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. 11 The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition. NKJV

Babylon sits on seven hills and is the place where the Holy Roman, Catholic, Church's headquarters are. If this is true and God destroys the church they must be considered to be tares by God. Tares are people claiming to be Christians but are not true believers. The tares may not realize their religion is false. If a person who claims to be a Christian is still alive after the angels send the tares to hell they are blessed. If they did not know they were a child of God before, it's a certainty now. That would have to be a tremendous boost to their faith.

Matthew 13: 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."' NKJV

At the time of the harvest, the Lords Day, the tares will be harvested before all other sinners. The sixth trumpet, chapter 9, is the first time in the book of Revelation when angels are sent out to kill unbelievers and send them to hell. Their destruction is also described in later chapters of Revelation.

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one........................41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! NKJV

The tares are harvested before Jesus gathers His church. At this time the Christians will shine forth like the stars in heaven.

Daniel 12: 3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. NKJV

This is a blessing as it will be the best time in the last 2000 years for Christians to witness. Within 50 years of Jesus' death Christians had to deal with tares polluting the true doctrine. After God deals with them there will be no tares to confuse the unsaved with false doctrine. No tares to turn people away from Christianity by their outrageous and unchristian behavior.

Christians will be blessed because they will shine like the stars. Their testimony will be loud and clear. Plus if they are slain because of their witness they get the blessing from Revelation 14: 13.
The wheat and tares will exist until the return of the Lord and the first resurrection (His judgement has taken place) as long as humans remain on earth there will be wheat and tares (sheep and goats)

We are living in the times where the Lord is separating the wheat from the tares (sheep from the goats) and that is why there is so much chaos in the world .... this chaos will continue and get worse until He returns and takes the saved to heaven. All who go to heaven will most certainly be blessed. AMEN!!!

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The wheat and tares will exist until the return of the Lord and the first resurrection (His judgement has taken place) as long as humans remain on earth there will be wheat and tares (sheep and goats)

We are living in the times where the Lord is separating the wheat from the tares (sheep from the goats) and that is why there is so much chaos in the world .... this chaos will continue and get worse until He returns and takes the saved to heaven. All who go to heaven will most certainly be blessed. AMEN!!!
I believe that you are scriptures. In Matthew 13:24-30 Jesus tells the parable of the wheat and tares. Wheat are Christians and tares are people that claim to be Christian but are not. In Matthew 25: 31-46 Jesus describes the white throne judgment. The sheep and goats come from those scriptures. Sheep are people whose works qualify them to live, in the flesh, on the new earth. The goats work qualifies them for eternal fire.

Upvote 0