Aug 18, 2012
✟1,443,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, instead of warning the American people of the actual dangers of coronavirus, he lied to the American people? I guess that makes sense, since that's more or less what he was doing in February and March as he downplayed the crisis with ludicrous claims that it would all go away, but this is a damning indictment of Trump as a hazard to the America people.

Curiously, holding our own government accountable for its response during the months of February and March is ignored.

Now I ask, who pushing a narrative here?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟436,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So dumb.

The only way WHO could be as effective as critics demand is if they were global health police and could just drop in anywhere uninvited.... in other words: they'd be the global NWO black helicopter sort of UN that these same critics would freak out about.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟637,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We need a face palm rating..
midievalfacepalm.jpg

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No he did not. That was debunked weeks ago. The pandemic office under the NSC was added to another national security office and renamed.

Did overnight media darling John Bolton reduce the size of staff on NSC overall? Yes. Does that equate to a reduction of capabilities? No.

This from the former counterproliferation and biodefense director:

No, the White House Didn’t ‘Dissolve’ Its Pandemic Response Office | RealClearPolitics
They did dissolve the office but they kept most of the personnel.

Clearly it did relate to a reduction of capacity.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There certainly are those whose heads are so far up the anti POTUS campaign...they are clueless as to what's going on in the world...look around and see what the world has to say and you wouldn't ask who's upset with China and the WHO.
Why be mad at WHO? China I can understand; they were the ones providing poor information.

Fundamebtally did WHO have a reason to NOT trust China and their reporting at the start of this calamity or is that only something we can understand in hindsight?

If Trump wanted to punish a culpable party why not out a new trade embargo on China?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why be mad at WHO? China I can understand; they were the ones providing poor information.

Fundamebtally did WHO have a reason to NOT trust China and their reporting at the start of this calamity or is that only something we can understand in hindsight?

If Trump wanted to punish a culpable party why not out a new trade embargo on China?
Trump needs someone to blame.

"Buck? What buck? Fake news! Fake news!!"

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely right...that should read “total deaths”...my apologies.

Now kindly answer the question I posed...
Yes the math shows the US is much larger in population than other nations who actually report accurately.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The United States based a lot of their strategy in regards to CV on the WHO reporting.
So did Italy and every other nation save Taiwan. Maybe the Republic of Korea. The ROC had a very defined contact trace unlike other nations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here’s statistics for most countries. Coronavirus Update (Live): 2,016,305 Cases and 127,824 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer You can click on a column to sort it. So look at per capita cases and deaths.

Timing is harder because a lot of countries aren’t out of it yet. IHME | COVID-19 Projections has projections for a number of countries. Most of our states are taking similar times to European countries. The US as a whole is smeared over a longer time because our states started going up at different times.
Thanks. The issue of “being in the midst of it” means few efforts to trace how the community spread began. Fauci and Birx both said we have to go back and look later. We can only give general strokes as in East Coast came from European nations and West Coast Asia. I think we saw most of the initial outbreak along the line of major ports of entry AKA larger international airports.

What does this reveal. That (1) if China was hiding the early larger spread in their country, people coming from the infected areas were coming here unabated for weeks before the travel ban (2) all the travel bans based on the bad data were too late.

The only way we are going to find that out eventually is the widespread antibody tests.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, instead of warning the American people of the actual dangers of coronavirus, he lied to the American people? I guess that makes sense, since that's more or less what he was doing in February and March as he downplayed the crisis with ludicrous claims that it would all go away, but this is a damning indictment of Trump as a hazard to the America people.
Read it again. The parts left out explain it.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They did dissolve the office but they kept most of the personnel.
It was a reorganization. Went through that process in 1998 under Al Gore’s “Reinventing Government” initiative. He recommended to President Clinton we had too many agencies and offices doing the same thing and we should eliminate some and consolidate others not losing the capability.

Clearly it did relate to a reduction of capacity.

Capacity or extra points of view? Debatable. What’s not debatable is that when the pandemic team was in existence they made no recommendations to slice through government regulations making it easier for states to do their own tests. Which is the long pole in the tent thus far for a sluggish response.

Some experts did recommend strongly after the H1N1 outbreak to restock federal PPE stores. But apparently that fell on deaf ears in both the two terms of Obama and three years of Trump.

The last President to fully stock for a pandemic was Bush in 2006. Obama used all that stock up in 2009. Everyone from that point, 2009 to present needs to take a long look in the mirror.

This I do know. When my old boss went to Trump with others in 2017 and said our smart weapons and small arms ammunition stocks were at critical levels, he listened.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I truly understand the comments reference “why dump the WHO” in the midst of a pandemic. I also understand they have not been of much help.

The WHO is the easy target to get to China. The move by the President is an attempt to get transparency from China (good luck) and the timing is political and economic. Now that the China trade agreement has entered into effect (Phase 1 chapter 3), the President will use that and the money involved to put pressure on Xi.

I believe Japan’s move to pay Japanese companies to move out of China back to Japan or other nations was a key contributor to Trump’s new stance.

If more nations follow, it might just be the demise of the Chinese economy.

What does this all have to do with the pandemic response? Not much now but may just prevent the next one.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good point. That may be coming. However any trade restrictions while everyone is shutdown helps no one. So his move is more long term.

Trump did threaten tariffs on oil and days later the OPEC+ nations promised to cut back production. I don’t think we ever had a situation where the US could threaten such measures in the distant past. I was truly surprised but our shale oil production seems to have the Russians and SA spooked a bit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump staked a position, and for his people there's no second guessing. New marching orders, basically.
I do agree most people regardless of political leanings looks at the here and now and try to vigorously defend political and economic decisions without looking at the mid to long term goals and objectives.

For example, trying to defend the president never praised Xi and his efforts is just insane. Trump said multiple times in public over several weeks until yesterday that Xi was a great guy and doing a great job.

The dialogue should not be did he defend Xi or not, but why the tune changed. This is where the other side of the coin is just as inept in handling the information. They make it about a war of statements and “lies!” and “fact checking.” They too miss what is actually being indicated.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump needs someone to blame.

"Buck? What buck? Fake news! Fake news!!"
It’s the difference between looking at bricks when we should be looking at the mortar joining and adhering the bricks.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Put Nancy Pelosi in there also - she was busy calling the President a racist for restricting travel from China while encouraging people to come out and shop in China Town

Corona virus fears should not stop people from coming to China Town - Good job Nancy!

Maybe if she had read the document instead of tearing it up like a petulant five year old, she might have known better.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟436,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Put Nancy Pelosi in there also - she was busy calling the President a racist for restricting travel from China while encouraging people to come out and shop in China Town

Corona virus fears should not stop people from coming to China Town - Good job Nancy!

Maybe if she had read the document instead of tearing it up like a petulant five year old, she might have known better.
Well that does it. I'm no longer voting Pelosi for president!

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Put Nancy Pelosi ... while encouraging people to come out and shop in China Town

There were no social distancing orders anywhere in February. Nothing at all wrong with telling people to not avoid Chinatown at that point in time.

Upvote 0