Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
WHO has turned out to be a joke and a waste of money.

US are always the biggest givers
with or without WHO.

BOO WHO

M-Bob

Yeah Bob, BOO WHO to all the people in the third world who will die of polio or AIDs due to the sudden massive drop in WHO funding of those programs, or the refugees who won't be looked after, or the regions that won't receive vaccines etc etc etc.

But hey, Trump gets to use an international body as a scapegoat to distract from his own Corona failings, so I guess that's what really matters.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump gets to use an international body as a scapegoat to distract from his own Corona failings, so I guess that's what really matters.

Majority are pleased with Trump's handling.
Can't please them all out there.

WHO probably due for restructure.
As usual, we will pick up most the bill.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
WHO has turned out to be a joke and a waste of money.

US are always the biggest givers
with or without WHO.

BOO WHO

M-Bob

And THIS should be one of Trump’s primary concerns at the moment...right..??

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Majority are pleased with Trump's handling.
Can't please them all out there.

WHO probably due for restructure.
As usual, we will pick up most the bill.

M-Bob

Wrong!! You and your goats aren’t a majority...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok so to be Captain Obvious Trump is desperate to scapegoat others bc he wants to distract from his huge failures with this pandemic.

Just looking back at threads here where ppl scoffed about any talk about how it was going to be a global health crisis & made nonstop posts about the flu to downplay shows how much impact he had on ppl's minds & readiness.

I just have to ask regarding CV outbreak.
What country did better than the US?
Seems the whole world wasn't ready for this?
Maybe just add US to the pile?

The Good News.
Things may be leveling out.
Let us pray so.

M

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Seems the whole world wasn't ready for this?
Maybe just add US to the pile?

The Good News.
Things may be leveling out.
Let us pray so.

M

You’ve. Got. To. Be. Joking...!

Which metric would you like to use...?

Total infections - 1st
Total deaths - 1st
Active cases - 1st
Critical cases - 1st
Testing rate - 44th

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟251,430.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
M
Every country, every country in the world did better than the USA did.
USA has the most CV cases, the most deaths, and the longest time to flatten the curve.

They have by far been the slowest country in the world to react to this disease.
Most likely because Trump and Foxnews and probably Brietbart were all down playing it.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,154,407.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Every country, every country in the world did better than the USA did.
USA has the most CV cases, the most deaths, and the longest time to flatten the curve.

They have by far been the slowest country in the world to react to this disease.
Most likely because Trump and Foxnews and probably Brietbart were all down playing it.
There have been lots of problems with how Trump acted, but if you look at per capital numbers, we not at the top. A lot of Europe has more deaths, and there’s also a number with more cases. If you can believe case counts with many countries having limited testing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Three important facts:

The United States donated 83 million to WHO last year and China donated approximately 10 % of that.

The United States based a lot of their strategy in regards to CV on the WHO reporting.

Which turned out to be bogus.

Thus, Trump is holding back funding
(only) until we get to the bottom of this.

World hold on, we will be there for you when needed as always.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Three important facts:

The United States donated 83 million to WHO last year and China donated approximately 10 % of that.

The United States based a lot of their strategy in regards to CV on the WHO reporting.

Which turned out to be bogus.

Thus, Trump is holding back funding
(only) until we get to the bottom of this.

M-Bob

Again....How is that helping your current crisis...?

How will this peevish action save ONE American life...?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,154,407.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Here’s statistics for most countries. Coronavirus Update (Live): 2,016,305 Cases and 127,824 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer You can click on a column to sort it. So look at per capita cases and deaths.

Timing is harder because a lot of countries aren’t out of it yet. IHME | COVID-19 Projections has projections for a number of countries. Most of our states are taking similar times to European countries. The US as a whole is smeared over a longer time because our states started going up at different times.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You seem very interested.
What do you have to help.

My glass is half full.

M-Bob

You half fill your glass by ditching the WHO in the midst of a pandemic....

And this helps because.........???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟489,884.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Really...?

REALLY.....?

Your country leads the world in deaths per capita, cases per capita, trails the world in testing per capita, faces an economic downturn to rival the Great Depression....................and THIS is is a response...!??
Yeah, Donald and the far right media has been working on a narrative that this is someone else's fault for a while now. This is just the next part of that story - or given past experience, it might be that Donald just heard about the story on Fox News and was fooled by it himself.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
LINK

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday he is halting funding to the World Health Organization while a review is conducted.

Trump said the review would cover the WHO's "role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of coronavirus."

Trump's announcement comes in the middle of the worst global pandemic in decades and as he angrily defends his own handling of the outbreak in the United States.

Amid swirling questions about whether he downplayed the crisis or ignored warnings from members of his administration about its potential severity, Trump has sought to assign blame elsewhere, including at the WHO and in the news media.

[Senator] Murphy added: "It is just wildly ironic that the President and his allies are now criticizing China or the WHO for being soft on China when it was in fact the President who was the chief apologist for China during the early stages of this crisis."

On January 24, Trump tweeted: "China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

What you wrote here is so great that the world has never seen such a great post ever! This is the Best!!!

I know you are good, I am smart .. the smartest .. the best ever , and I can recognize when I see a good talent.

I am doing great posting too with your cooperation with me.

How dare you write this kind of garbage in this forum! This is sooooo BADDDDDDD!

Because of you all of us suffering and can’t write a good post!

I think I will recommend moderator to investigate your writing!

Oh .. I don’t take any responsibility who writes what here! It’s moderators responsibility!

I own this forum. I am in total control!

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,154,407.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The CDC is a coordinating body. They don't send their own doctors into countries. The US knew we had a serious issue by the end of January. That's why Trump restricted travel from China. To my knowledge the problem in the US isn't that we didn't know there was an issue we needed to address, but that after the late January action we didn't start immediately to ramp up testing and availability of PPE. The CDC was actively interfering with testing for at least a month. That was a really critical month if we hoped to avoid widespread spread of the virus.

The U.S.’s Slow Start to Coronavirus Testing: A Timeline

The problem as I see it was that we needed a high-level official running the process, who knew what would be needed and could cut through regulatory BS. Trump isn't directly to blame for incompetence in the CDC, though some people might assign some indirect responsibility. But he is to blame that there was no one watching the situation who was in a position to overrule them and let states do their own testing. Similarly, serious work in procuring PPE didn't start until way too late. During the critical February period and into March, Trump was still denying that there was a serious problem. A timeline of what Trump has said on coronavirus

Yes, he has a timeline showing lots of actions. But it was all normal bureaucracy. He didn't mobilize the kind of efforts states are doing until way too late.

In my opinion it's right that states do much of the work. But there are things they can't do. Supplies of equipment are national. States have no control over manufacturers, and are in no position to set priorities for them. Stockpiles are national, for the obvious reason that normally crises don't occur in all states at the same time. Even for Covid serious shortages are only in some places. For each state to have a stockpile sufficient for a real crisis would just be silly.

Tests are also national. In this area states actually could develop their own. Washington did -- over the objections of the CDC, and my state (NJ) has. But most testing is being done by commercial labs, which are national organizations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You half fill your glass by ditching the WHO in the midst of a pandemic....
And this helps because.........???

Even though it's been shone over and over again you appear to not understand how Trump works.

I actually find that kind of amazing.

He's really got them fooled I guess?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟837,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
essentialsaltes said:
Psssst. Trump's tweets are for the consumption of Americans.

Don’t know what that means but I did not disagree with the fact Trump praised Xi until recently. What is failing to compute with the media is the reason why. ...

No he ... realized China lied

So, instead of warning the American people of the actual dangers of coronavirus, he lied to the American people? I guess that makes sense, since that's more or less what he was doing in February and March as he downplayed the crisis with ludicrous claims that it would all go away, but this is a damning indictment of Trump as a hazard to the America people.

Upvote 0