Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you notice he said, "Never take your eyes off your opponent, even when you bow"?

QV the first 25 seconds of this video please:

See anything wrong?

The 'teacher' does not walk the talk :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I confidently express my beliefs, and am challenged for doing-so

I care not what others think of my beliefs, for I am led, to believe that I will not be led astray
If, I choose to believe, that 'what, others have found'
then it implies a change in my understanding is required
then so be it, see my signature 'text'

dave

Edited: to remove 'a connection problem' report
Now resolved
:amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I CHOOSE to disagree
You are being pedantic and are far too literalistic (as in 'transfixed') for me to engage your manner
I will point out (besides I don't care much what you believe) that your link supposedly supporting long age magnetic reversals did NOTHING but mention it as fact, with no support. Face it, you cannot debate and don't know what you are talking about...or care.
Everything changes... so we adapt (to cope / enjoy / make the best of the change)

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Man (except the 8 souls) did not adapt to the flood, they were killed by it. Man will not adapt to the new heaven and earth, they will either be there because of Jesus or die.
Fundamentals, they too, change /grow, with learning (familiarisation/ given room)
I have no argument with 'scripture'... and, of-course, I allow it to speak to me (absolutely)
Pious nonsensical blather.
It is personal interpretation (as unique, as we all are) that enables /or disables (includes /precludes)
'shades of grey' to-exist, with, the Prime Colours (?)
that produces the capability, for envisioning of, the 'clearer picture' (vision)
Whereas 'closed-minds', (intentionally) look, no-further than, the end of their nose
and, will 'SEE, only, what THEY want to see' (for-reason: ego / vanity / choice)
regardless, as to whether their VIEW, may be 'suspect' (WRONG) for-this would 'shake their roots'
You came to a science forum to pontificate this glib garbage??
I have read, where these polar reversals, occur; approximately, every 65,000 years or so
and also, by this 'standard' that the next one, is, a little OVERDUE
(it isn't a clockwork event ~we are talking 'averages')
So have I..however I looked into it and the reason why...pure belief. A belief you swallow gladly and blindly.
Your beliefs, are plainly in denial, of, true facts
which, in-passing, also makes some of your statements 'mistaken' / 'uninformed' / 'unreliable'
and in fact 'untruthful', in their propositions
True facts are yet to be posted by you actually. We are all ready. Start anytime.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is actually a flawed way of thinking, highly prone to personal bias and circumventing logic. It sure sounds poetic, but if one wishes to avoid bias as much as possible, personal feelings are irrelevant.
So called atheists seem to have more sense than some so called christians here.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, our species is really prone to hubris, if you haven't noticed. It was less than 50 years ago that we finally accepted we weren't the only species on the planet alive today that makes and uses tools, and plenty of people refuse to accept it even now. Language too, people are stubborn, even scientists sometimes.

Using tools for an ant is not what it is for a man. I think that the find of these tools and hammer, anvil, etc show us one thing clearly. That is that believers in the religion of evolution as creator are willing to embrace anything by faith, to keep their religion. All things must fit their world view at all costs. Such denial is dangerous to sanity.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wonder who they think they can blame the tools on? Aliens? animals? Ha
Whichever ancestor of humans was around 3.3 million years ago...Australopithecus comes to mind. So animals, yes.

Is this really so difficult to understand?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whichever ancestor of humans was around 3.3 million years ago...Australopithecus comes to mind. So animals, yes.

Painfully easy to understand. You cannot say who made the tools, and want to believe it was some vague, unknown ancestor of yours.

The way they determine what was an ancestor is by looking at life processes now in this nature, and extrapolating that back to a former nature that they believe by blind faith was the same. Circular.

I think it is time we all faced it, the whole thing is about Jesus. Evolutionists desperately seek to avoid Him, and creation at all costs, and you evidence this by your ignorance about who made the tools combined with an insistence it had to be an investors of men. The anti Christ spirit cannot be hidden any longer. That is what it is all about, and always has been, it is just more obvious now.

Ugh.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Using tools for an ant is not what it is for a man. I think that the find of these tools and hammer, anvil, etc show us one thing clearly. That is that believers in the religion of evolution as creator are willing to embrace anything by faith, to keep their religion. All things must fit their world view at all costs. Such denial is dangerous to sanity.

There is nothing about that find which impacts upon the Theory of Evolution in any way, and you have not given one iota of a reason why it should.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think it is time we all faced it, the whole thing is about Jesus. Evolutionists desperately seek to avoid Him, and creation at all costs

And that includes Baptists like Francis Collins, right?

Oh the brilliance of this man's logic!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing about that find which impacts upon the Theory of Evolution in any way, and you have not given one iota of a reason why it should.

False. Tools are found and they prefer date man according to evilution. Now you scramble for a monkey to blame!

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I never heard of the guy. Are you saying some baptists do not believe in creation?

You haven't heard of the guy.

He is a Baptist and a world famous scientist, who led the Human Genome Project. He is now Director of the American National Institute of Health.

I am saying most Baptists worldwide don't believe in a seven day creation.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
False. Tools are found and they prefer date man according to evilution. Now you scramble for a monkey to blame!

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but there are animals today who use tools.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

For some it would seem so.

I'm thinking I'd better give up on trying to get those same people to understand that once animals start using tools intelligence just might become something more useful for survival. That a slightly smarter ape just might make a slightly better tool.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You cannot say who made the tools, and want to believe it was some vague, unknown ancestor of yours.
We know that these ancestors existed and had hands with which they could have made tools. We know that no other lineage on Earth produced animals that were able to create tools. So yes, it's easy to deduce that whichever ancestors were around at the time made the tools. As you said, it's not like aliens made them.
I think it is time we all faced it, the whole thing is about Jesus. Evolutionists desperately seek to avoid Him, and creation at all costs, and you evidence this by your ignorance about who made the tools combined with an insistence it had to be an investors of men. The anti Christ spirit cannot be hidden any longer.
I don't think I know a single Christian who disagrees with evolution or thinks that it conflicts with Christianity, so I don't see your point. There's no need to deny evolution. It's not a threat to you. Theistic evolutionists fully embrace the concept of God's will guiding Creation and the evolution of mankind.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Termites make their mounds to form air conditioning via air currents. Their building skills definitely surpass those of a human, and they do it on instinct. But I was thinking of apes, birds, and dolphins, which actually shape and reuse tools they make.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Termites make their mounds to form air conditioning via air currents. Their building skills definitely surpass those of a human, and they do it on instinct.
QV please:
My wife and I picked up a book on Biomimicry at the creation museum just recently.

It is a fascinating read, and a testament to God in nature.

Here's just one example of how it works from answers.com:

Biomimicry said:
Imitating nature in man-made systems. One of the most notable examples is the Eastgate Center in Harare, Zimbabwe, a shopping center built in 1996 that was constructed using principles discovered in termite mounds in the desert. The termites maintain an almost perfectly uniform temperature for their food inside, even though outside temperatures range from near freezing at night to over 100 degrees (Fahrenheit) in the day. The even temperature is accomplished by continuously opening and closing a series of vents throughout the day. The Eastgate Center uses 10% of the energy of a traditional building to keep cool.

As God said:

Pr 6:6 ¶ Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

Pr 30:24 ¶ There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise:
25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer;
26 The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks;
27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands;
28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.

We need to thank God for our scientists who discover these things in nature; making our lives better.

Pr 25:2 ¶ It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Notice here how the Bible equates [true] scientists with kings?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You haven't heard of the guy.

He is a Baptist and a world famous scientist, who led the Human Genome Project. He is now Director of the American National Institute of Health.

I am saying most Baptists worldwide don't believe in a seven day creation.

I am saying I do not much care what they believe. I believe the bible. If you or the genetics guy want to make a bible case, get to it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.