The Incredible Odyssey of Mankind: Ape to Human in a Million Years (Video)

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
If you think I’m going to become an atheist like you you’re mistaken ,I have pledged complete loyalty to Jesus Christ .I’d rather be hit by a freight train than be an atheist.
We can't predict the future. When I was 21 I thought much the same as you do now about Jesus Christ, although even then I accepted what scientists have found about evolution and the age of the Earth.

Reactions: dlamberth

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
We can't predict the future. When I was 21 I thought much the same as you do now about Jesus Christ, although even then I accepted what scientists have found about evolution and the age of the Earth.
The same with me.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Far from it. I don't even want to see you.
Off to ig city.
I’ll be the first to state the obvious,and my last post on this thread,estrid,truthfully and honestly speaking you’re very harsh.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well Astro,I still appreciate your kindness,but we’re two different apples,I’ve made a heart choice to stay with Jesus,and I never make plans on abandoning him.I hope you may change your mind regarding him.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well Astro,I still appreciate your kindness,but we’re two different apples,I’ve made a heart choice to stay with Jesus,and I never make plans on abandoning him.I hope you may change your mind regarding him.

I will have to say: I am a bit worried that you think that people talking to you about evolution will turn you into an atheist.

And please: spaces after full stops. It hurts to look at.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will have to say: I am a bit worried that you think that people talking to you about evolution will turn you into an atheist.

And please: spaces after full stops. It hurts to look at.
Well.I as someone who used to support evolution when I wasn’t born again, I say I know enough and the idea of ape-to human induces hopelessness into me; it makes me more grateful for Jesus.

But the reason I speak of evolution in this thread is its a piece of the whole ape-to-human idea.

Do you really think, over time a single celled organism developed limbs, became amphibious, developed larger, and Miraculously over “billions” of years created thousands of millions of different organisms all across the globe in that time, either becoming plants, mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, Amphibians, insects, arachnids, etc. and eventually became to the point of apes, then continuing onward into different “stages” of anatomy and genetics.

When you take a step back and look in hindsight, it doesn’t make sense and looks completely jumbled and messy, even downright impossible.

Yes I acknowledge AND understand there are fossils, geological evidence, and studies on the matter, but evolution is still a theory, it’s never been proven.

In reality in fact, like I said above, it only induces a sense of hopelessness into some, many living an existence thinking they’re a mistake and serve no purpose, and I’m not implying Faith like I have is as Sigmund Freud labeled a “crutch”,but rather the truth.What Genesis accounts tells the truth, but many choose not to accept and believe God very words.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Never said I was wise. And no, Homo Sapiens is not used in that context, so don't even try and think of bringing it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well.I as someone who used to support evolution when I wasn’t born again, I say I know enough and the idea of ape-to human induces hopelessness into me; it makes me more grateful for Jesus.

But the reason I speak of evolution in this thread is its a piece of the whole ape-to-human idea.

Do you really think, over time a single celled organism developed limbs, became amphibious, developed larger, and Miraculously over “billions” of years created thousands of millions of different organisms all across the globe in that time, either becoming plants, mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, Amphibians, insects, arachnids, etc. and eventually became to the point of apes, then continuing onward into different “stages” of anatomy and genetics.

When you take a step back and look in hindsight, it doesn’t make sense and looks completely jumbled and messy, even downright impossible.

Yes I acknowledge AND understand there are fossils, geological evidence, and studies on the matter, but evolution is still a theory, it’s never been proven.

In reality in fact, like I said above, it only induces a sense of hopelessness into some, many living an existence thinking they’re a mistake and serve no purpose, and I’m not implying Faith like I have is as Sigmund Freud labeled a “crutch”.But say rather that what Genesis accounts tells the truth, but many choose not to accept and believe God very words.

All of this is just an argument from incredulity from you, and if that's how you want to see evolution and the science of God's creation, that's on you.

But if you think accepting evolution as science, a facet of God's creation, is going to make you an atheist? I have to admit that I worry for you.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
In my way of knowing God, I experience accepting Jesus and accepting evolution as two different things that are not in conflict.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All of this is just an argument from incredulity from you, and if that's how you want to see evolution and the science of God's creation, that's on you.

But if you think accepting evolution as science, a facet of God's creation, is going to make you an atheist? I have to admit that I worry for you.
Well it does,as a matter of fact it’s done the exact to thousands of children of Christian families after they learn it in public schools or college.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Romans 1:25

And yet evolution and science are not things to be served. They are things that serve. Science is a tool, a tool of studying the world, God's creation.

Romans 1:20 and Psalm 66:4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In my way of knowing God, I experience accepting Jesus and accepting evolution as two different things that are not in conflict.
Well it is actually conflicting,when evolution is accepted with Jesus it makes him a simple ”Good man, moral teacher, and/or a wise life coach” when the Bible states that he is God in the flesh, the son of god, alpha and omega, the messiah, and much more.That cannot be the case when he is combined with evolution; respectfully and kindly speaking

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well it does,as a matter of fact it’s done the exact to thousands of children of Christian families after they learn it in public schools or college.

I often wonder about that since I feel that's less their faith being challenged through the science of evolution and more that they come form background that do not actually have as strong a grounding in faith as they'd have thought they had.
Impossible to tell.

But no, evolution is not and never is the sole cause for people becoming atheists. Like so many things in life, to blame it on just one thing is really avoiding the big problem. And from what I've seen of Christians in America, you guys have quite a few issues to address.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And yet evolution and science are not things to be served. They are things that serve. Science is a tool, a tool of studying the world, God's creation.

Romans 1:20 and Psalm 66:4
Well, that’s a position you’re entitled to have, I, kindly saying, I don’t have the same position.

Hopefully we two can agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well, that’s a position you’re entitled to have, I, kindly saying, I don’t have the same position.

Hopefully we two can agree to disagree.

On this one, we can.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I often wonder about that since I feel that's less their faith being challenged through the science of evolution and more that they come form background that do not actually have as strong a grounding in faith as they'd have thought they had.
Impossible to tell.

But no, evolution is not and never is the sole cause for people becoming atheists. Like so many things in life, to blame it on just one thing is really avoiding the big problem. And from what I've seen of Christians in America, you guys have quite a few issues to address.
You’re correct on a point here,it’s a life choice many have

Upvote 0