✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Does A Belief In Evolution Lead To Racism? – The Truth
"If you are racist, there is a very good chance that you also believe in the theory of evolution. In fact, many of the most famous racists of the past 100 years were hardcore Darwinists."​

Evolution and Modern Racism

"Charles Darwin selected as the subtitle for his book Origin of Species the phrase "The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life". It is clear from the context that he had races of animals primarily in mind, but at the same time it is also clear, as we shall see, that he thought of races of men in the same way."​

https://digitalrepository.trincoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1058&context=trinitypapers

These historic facts have lead some evolution-promoting institutions to push back on history..

Disbelief in Human Evolution Linked to Greater Prejudice and Racism | UMass Amherst

of course that argument turns into nonsense at this point as quoted in the link above...where they argue that the Bible common ancestry to a modern human Noah 4500 years ago is a weaker argument than evolutionism's doctrine on common ancestry with non-modern-humans 3.7Byo or 150,000 yo or 60,000 yo ...?

" The researchers theorized that belief in evolution would tend to increase people's identification with all humanity, due to the common ancestry, and would lead to fewer prejudicial attitudes."​

Last edited:

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So when we look at the champions of evolution in the 1800's and early 1900's were they really non-racists?

Does history even suggest such a thing???

Darwin’s racism | WORLD

BBC - Will & Testament: Was Charles Darwin a racist?

"Mervyn Storey argues that Darwin's language in The Descent of Man would earn disapproval today. This is undoubtedly the case. Darwin certainly referred to Aboriginal people as "savages". There is also the language of "favoured race" in Origin of Species."

"Most modern biologists today would express these concepts somewhat differently than as above, and they undoubtedly would disavow the racist connotations. Nevertheless, this was certainly the point-of-view of the 19th century evolutionists, and it is difficult to interpret modern evolutionary theory, the so-called neo-Darwinian synthesis, much differently."​

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As I said in the other thread, the statistical correlation reported in the paper surprised me, and I want to investigate the study further to see if they controlled for enough factors.

But there's no point in diving into what people did or didn't believe 100 years ago. The point in the paper is that there appears to be a statistical correlation right now. Why that correlation exists is the interesting question.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
These historic facts have lead some evolution-promoting institutions to push back on history..
Disbelief in Human Evolution Linked to Greater Prejudice and Racism | UMass Amherst

wow you referenced something in my OP...

=================

sadly for evolutionism that link includes this bit of nonsense

" The researchers theorized that belief in evolution would tend to increase people's identification with all humanity, due to the common ancestry, and would lead to fewer prejudicial attitudes."
In the Bible common ancestry is not 3.7 Billion years ago nor is it 150,000 years ago , nor 30,000 years ago... rather it is 4,500 years ago with Noah, or at the most 6000 years ago with Adam if one is looking for a longer version.

So the idea that imagining common ancestry 3.7Byo makes one LESS racist than the Biblical historic record of common parent 4,500 years ago - is a nonsensical argument in the extreme.

The OP and post #2 show the "logic" used even by evol sources in history - showing how the doctrines about ancestry in evolution embrace and promote racism.

No attempt at all is made to show how an even closer common ancestor that is already fully human - a mere 4500 years ago for all races of man today - is a "logical argument" for racism as compared to that which is confirmed to be found in evolutionism's doctrines on common ancestry.

The problem with evolutionism is logic... reason.

As I said in the other thread, the statistical correlation reported in the paper surprised me, and I want to investigate the study further to see if they controlled for enough factors.

still it is "telling" that they would unwittingly point to "common ancestry" as the thing that dictates that one would not be racist - when in fact that argument is many orders of magnitude stronger in the case of the Bible doctrine on ancestry as compared to evolutionism's doctrine on ancestry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I see two sources from incredibly biased websites that paint evolution as something anti-Christian, so that really does not mean that they are going to be unbiased.

And so what if Darwin was a racist or not? That changes nothing about the theory of evolution. Evolution is DEscriptive not PERscriptive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's never a good look when the OP runs away from their own thread.
In the OP's defense he may not be allowed to post in the Creation vs Evolution sub-forum. The thread was moved from where the OP began it.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
In the OP's defense he may not be allowed to post in the Creation vs Evolution sub-forum. The thread was moved from where the OP began it.

Oh really? I didn't know that was a thing. I knew there was the thing where people like myself can't post in the Catholic section and such. I didn't know it swung the other way too.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh really? I didn't know that was a thing. I knew there was the thing where people like myself can't post in the Catholic section and such. I didn't know it swung the other way too.
If one gets in trouble the moderators may propose a solution on various forums. I do not know for sure if that applies here. But from his post that seems to be the case to me. There is an argument of mine that I have been warned against using, even though it does not break any rules of the forum. It tends to anger too many creationists. Creationists take it as a slur on their version of God, even though that is not the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's never a good look when the OP runs away from their own thread.

The thread was moved - and only then did I find myself having to leave. If it ever gets moved back - I will be happy to resume posting.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If one gets in trouble the moderators may propose a solution on various forums. I do not know for sure if that applies here. But from his post that seems to be the case to me. There is an argument of mine that I have been warned against using, even though it does not break any rules of the forum. It tends to anger too many creationists. Creationists take it as a slur on their version of God, even though that is not the case.

Well News-and-Current events has a lot of freedom in what they allow over on that CF forum - but I don't think any of the forums support an outright attack on God, or Christianity itself. But a number of people over there have stated that they do not believe in God or what the Bible says - and it is fine on that subforum to express that POV.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,904.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
The thread was moved - and only then did I find myself having to leave. If it ever gets moved back - I will be happy to resume posting.

I will delete my original post since that was pretty rude in light of new information.

I find it so weird that CF has that as a mechanic.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Good point. I am "allowed" to post here - but the constraints I am dealing with here are more narrowly defined than in the other forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well News-and-Current events has a lot of freedom in what they allow over on that CF forum - but I don't think any of the forums support an outright attack on God, or Christianity itself. But a number of people over there have stated that they do not believe in God or what the Bible says - and it is fine on that subforum to express that POV.

It is fine to state those beliefs here as well.

Good point. I am "allowed" to post here - but the constraints I am dealing with here are more narrowly defined than in the other forum.

Okay, so there are some restrictions on you. And it may be rather hard to state what they are without violating that restriction. I understand and will not accuse you of running away in this case.

Upvote 0