To my brethren: Who is going to be the hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lynn73 said:
Well then each side should calmly state their belief about something and why they believe it and then everyone just move on to something else. I mean we can communicate until we're blue in the face but no one will probably change their minds. Especially if it concerns a vital doctrine. Also, we need to stop taking the rejection of our churches, theologies, doctrines, etc. as personal. I may totally reject the doctrines and whole theolological system of ______ and I may be very anti _____ but that doesn't make me anti the individual person.
I have nothing against individual people either, just unsound doctrine. I also don't like it when my beliefs are misrepresented by people who are misinformed.

Michelle

Upvote 0

bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
There is a difference between argument and discussion....perhaps we could sign an agreement on registering,to stick to treating others with respect.One that stipulates consequences for bad posts of that nature....firm ones...there is a certain amount of baiting going on at times by the look of it...Mods do a pretty good job most of the time though.....

Upvote 0

Hitch2astar

Feb 9, 2005
✟8,617.00
Faith
Christian
Jebediah said:
While I don't condone any of the aggression or attacks in here...I have to point out that the Catholics are just as guilty of attacking anything other than them. I see Catholics consistently implying that only they have the real church, real Christianity, and real truth. This is a constant attack. I have even seen Catholics claiming the entirety of Christian tradition other than their's to be heresy.

So lets keep things honest here...Catholics are not just defending themselves any more than Protestants or anyone else. There are no victims here except the people who are not with Christ that read our posts and see no essential difference between us and the world. Where we could show them the relationship we have with Christ, we show them sectarianism and the worst aspects of our religion's history. Is it anyone's fault but ours that they see nothing here they want a part of and go join the Wiccans? (I know, the Calvinists will say that they would turn away regardless...but let's avoid the temporal, causational arguments for a second and concentrate on us people and what we do)

What is more important...doctrinal differences or being a living witness for Christ?

Golden post brother. It moved me very much.

Esp: There are no victims here except the people who are not with Christ that read our posts and see no essential difference between us and the world.

And: Is it anyone's fault but ours that they see nothing here they want a part of and go join the Wiccans?

I know, the Calvinists will say that they would turn away regardless...

That they'd turn away regardless, that is, not just Christians having arguments but also anything and everything else that's good or bad, of or not of God's will, that we could possibly do, is the biggest lie.

Well, not the biggest but a big one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.