Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
She was probably waiting for the: "WHAAAA??? How is that POSSIBLE? You're so gorgeous..I wish you were MY wife.." comments. ;)

If you were a chick and she was telling you this, I'd be more inclined to think that maybe she is legitimately reaching out, and possibly needed help or support. (or a friend)
But when you say that to a guy, there's really very few reasons why....

Upvote 0

bethrow

Veteran
Sep 8, 2006
✟12,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word that comes to mind when she said that to you is "Bored"! She's bored plain and simple. If her husband is too busy she needs to pull him into the bedroom and solve things with him. She shouldn't be saying that to other men. It makes her come across as looking for someone to fulfil a void.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Facebook is a mixed bag. Overall, I've had positive experiences on Facebook. But you do get the occasional moment of TMI or just family drama posted publicly that really should be kept private. The one message I got that was completely objectionable was when an old elementary school friend sent me a racist message. I called him on it and he defended himself for a bit and finally relented. I de-Friended him not long after that.

I've realized that it's perfectly ok to just quietly cut someone loose if they bother you. Life is just too short for nonsense. And if there's any harassment...that's what the Block feature is for. And it works so well!

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I notice one big problem people tend to do is they add everyone and anyone they knew or ever briefly met. Thats when problems start because you shouldn't add everyone in the world. I add the people and family I like. Those who I briefly knew or those who I have had problems with in real life I don't add.

Then theres also the fact alot don't know how to adjust things on FB. Such as privacy options. When you learn to tweak FB it makes your life easier. Such as if you wanted to post something political, but you know one friend is VERY much out spoken and against your view. On the post there is a button to the bottom right that says "Public" or "Friends". If you click it and click "More options" then "Custom" you can add someones name who you don't want to see it.

This way you don't have to deal with someone getting mad at what you posted. Another thing is to realize if your going to keep someone who is dramatic either delete them or just ignore the things they say. Trust me, if I had to reply to everyone who had a different view I'd be on all day forever. The last issue people tend to have is privacy issues such as "The government may see my FB page!"

I hate to tell you but if you used the internet once... the government already knows about more then you know about yourself. Its a digital age where technology is an enemy and a friend at once.

Upvote 0

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are several male friends that I share TMI with but they've been friends for awhile and we both share that type of information. I admit that one of them would date me if he could. I started keeping those convos to a halt when he says that. I outright tell him that I don't like when he asks such questions about "if we could" or "if things were different". Like, how am I supposed to know that? This wasn't over FB but over the years through text, aim, and skype.

Upvote 0

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd be irked if my wife maintained a friendship with some dude that asked questions like that of her after we were married. Clearly he doesn't respect the marriage.
This was before we were married. The dude moved out of the country to marry a German girl. Yes, he asked me these things after he was married. The thing is, he doesn't mean to cross the line. He assumes it's all hypothetical and while that's great for some people- I don't want to think about what could have been because it's irrelevant.

He's an online friend. I've never met this person in real life. That's part of the reason I've let it continue. His feelings about this have always been one-sided as even when I was single I wanted nothing to do with online dating- especially someone clear across the country! My husband's advice at the time was to cut ties if his friendship makes me unhappy but I find that difficult because of how long we've been friends. I have issues taking loss in general. I've considered cutting ties for other reasons- mainly him dropping off the face of the earth. We would talk regularly and then.... not at all. At one point he told me he couldn't talk to me. It's just..... dumb.

But I've told him the same answer every time these type of questions come up. I've told him that I plan to get married (which happened! :blush:) and that these questions feel weird. My husband doesn't see this as much of a problem as I do since we're never going to see each other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahh, ok. Still a little bizarre but I thought you were talking about some guy you have face time with...lol
No and we're no longer on facebook. He's had my number but we cannot call each other anymore due to the distance of residing in different countries now (which I get that). Starting over 14 years ago we'd have 4 hour phone conversations and this was prior to when I met my husband and prior to him meeting his wife. Literally, we'd talk about everything. AIM moved to the cell phones, to facebook, skype and google talk. Now he just doesn't answer. He'll show up again. It's his pattern now to drop off the face of the earth and then return with the most random text ever. It's irritating really because there are things I feel like I need to tell him and he's never there to talk with.

If he were some guy I knew in real life (might not want to say face time... it's an Apple app similar to skype) I'd probably be more creeped out. I actually worked with a dude that would pet my hair. Eventually the place laid me off due to school scheduling so I never had to see him again. It was the weirdest thing ever...

Upvote 0