Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to have as low of an opinion of feminism as the author until I met a feminist. Also, I think the biggest lie about feminism is that it has anything to do with men. It's not about striving to achieve and better oneself to attack or threaten a man. It's not about creating a sense of community amongst women to estrange men. It's not about embracing your sexuality to please a man. It's not about trying to bring attention to women's issues to make men feel guilty.

It's about supporting , celebrating and advocating for your sisters and yourself as a woman, what is so threatening about that I will never know. And I don't care because it is necessary.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I used to have as low of an opinion of feminism as the author until I met a feminist. Also, I think the biggest lie about feminism is that it has anything to do with men. It's not about striving to achieve and better oneself to attack or threaten a man. It's not about creating a sense of community amongst women to estrange men. It's not about embracing your sexuality to please a man. It's not about trying to bring attention to women's issues to make men feel guilty.

It's about supporting , celebrating and advocating for your sisters and yourself as a woman, what is so threatening about that I will never know. And I don't care because it is necessary.

Feminism inherently challenges the patriarchal structure resulting in criticisms based on ignorance because it is not easy psychologically or academically to examine ourselves on both the individual and social levels. This can be partly witnessed by noticing the patterned positions people hold on feminism and homosexuality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
The Same Deep Water as You
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The only lies about feminism that matter (in my opinion):

Feminism has never been about advancing women. It has always, -always- been about advancing LIBERAL women.

Feminism isn't about men vs. women. It is about the inferior liberal woman who thinks with relativism and collectivism vs. the superior conservative women who believes in morality-based conviction and principles.

Feminism is very similar to the endless empty causes liberals love to validate themselves through; except it is very dangerous because it pushes a godless philosophy of humanism that tries to erase any of the gender roles God designed us for.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Feminism has never been about advancing women. It has always, -always- been about advancing LIBERAL women.

Hmm. I must have missed that part in the Nineteenth Amendment about it only applying to women with a certain political mindset. :doh:

Upvote 0

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hmm. I must have missed that part in the Nineteenth Amendment about it only applying to women with a certain political mindset. :doh:

Women earn more money than men now*. You got the right to vote almost a hundred years ago.

What is there left for feminism, as a movement, to accomplish?

*Are women earning more than men? - Business - Forbes.com - msnbc.com
relevant text:
But what happens when women make the same lucrative decisions typically made by men? The good news — for women, at least: Women actually earn more. For example, when a male and a female civil engineer both stay with their respective companies for ten years, travel and relocate equally and take the same career risks, the woman ends up making more. And among workers who have never been married and never had children, women earn 117% of what men do. (This factors in education, hours worked and age.)

ninja edit:
I forgo to add how cute it is to try and give feminists of the past 50 years credibility by tying them to suffragettes.

I also like how you just basically say "women couldn't vote!!!!11!! as if it somehow was a reply to my accusations of feminism being the relativist garbage it is.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The only lies about feminism that matter (in my opinion):

Feminism isn't about men vs. women. It is about the inferior liberal woman who thinks with relativism and collectivism vs. the superior conservative women who believes in morality-based conviction and principles.

Feminism is very similar to the endless empty causes liberals love to validate themselves through; except it is very dangerous because it pushes a godless philosophy of humanism that tries to erase any of the gender roles God designed us for.

I think my first post has just been validated again. Feminism advocates the ability for women to choose being Liberal or Conservative or even Liberservative.

Upvote 0

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Women do not earn more money than men in my country. They still earn significantly less.

Because they are more-likely to work part-time or be in jobs that do not advance as far. If you actually read the study I quoted from, you see that women actually earn more when they follow the same career routes men do.

Women earning more = equality!
If you disagree with women whining about not having privilege strictly because of their gender you are obviously a misogynist member of the oppressive patriarchy.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Women earn more money than men now*. You got the right to vote almost a hundred years ago.

What is there left for feminism, as a movement, to accomplish?

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]walks?

*Are women earning more than men? - Business - Forbes.com - msnbc.com
relevant text:
But what happens when women make the same lucrative decisions typically made by men? The good news — for women, at least: Women actually earn more. For example, when a male and a female civil engineer both stay with their respective companies for ten years, travel and relocate equally and take the same career risks, the woman ends up making more. And among workers who have never been married and never had children, women earn 117% of what men do. (This factors in education, hours worked and age.)

ninja edit:
I forgo to add how cute it is to try and give feminists of the past 50 years credibility by tying them to suffragettes.

I also like how you just basically say "women couldn't vote!!!!11!! as if it somehow was a reply to my accusations of feminism being the relativist garbage it is.

The claim women earn more money than men* is a great example of the type of intellectual dishonesty used by womyn haters.

*using an asterisk is not a universal license to make known false claims. It's even more sad God was invoked in the previous post.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because they are more-likely to work part-time or be in jobs that do not advance as far. If you actually read the study I quoted from, you see that women actually earn more when they follow the same career routes men do.

Women earning more = equality!
If you disagree with women whining about not having privilege strictly because of their gender you are obviously a misogynist member of the oppressive patriarchy.

You did not quote a study. You quoted one guy's opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The claim women earn more money than men* is a great example of the type of intellectual dishonesty used by womyn haters.

*using an asterisk is not a universal license to make known false claims. It's even more sad God was invoked in the previous post.

If using Forbes/MSNBC is now unacceptable when debating with somebody who supports liberalism I don't know what is.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If using Forbes/MSNBC is now unacceptable when debating with somebody who supports liberalism I don't know what is.

It's like a parfait of intellectual dishonesty. The article you linked in no way supports your claim women earn more money than men. What do you think God thinks about blatantly false claims?

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Women earn more money than men now*.

That's a matter of some debate. Pretending like there aren't conflicting studies on this issue just makes you look ignorant.

You got the right to vote almost a hundred years ago.

:clap: Thank God.

Now, we want to be recognized as equal to men in every area of life, including the home and the church.

And that's why you and those who think like you hate feminism/feminists so much. You don't want to relinquish your high seats.

ninja edit:

:D It will never cease to amaze me how people will make a post in a discussion forum and then when someone responds to it, they immediately forget 1) what it was they actually said in their first post and 2) that the post is still there, right there, for everyone to go back and look at.

What? You forget that you said that feminism has ALWAYS been about getting stuff for liberal women, not conservative women?

"Always" goes back to before 1920.

The Nineteenth Amendment, therefore, proves your claim to be wrong.

Upvote 0

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It's like a parfait of intellectual dishonesty.

What part of a study showing that woman who follow their career earn more than men who follow the same career is intellectually dishonest?

Upvote 0

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
What? You forget that you said that feminism has ALWAYS been about getting stuff for liberal women, not conservative women?

"Always" goes back to before 1920.

The Nineteenth Amendment, therefore, proves your claim to be wrong.

The thread is obviously about feminism as defined by 1st wave, 2nd wave, etc. Saying that suffragettes were feminists is silly when the discussion is about the modern definition. Quit playing semantics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benf

Christian
Dec 19, 2010
✟15,870.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Now, we want to be recognized as equal to men in every area of life, including the home and the church.

Even though the bible clearly states gender roles, from the very beginning? Help meet anybody?

Gee I wonder why the bible tells men to love their wifes and women to respect their husbands.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What part of a study showing that woman who follow their career earn more than men who follow the same career is intellectually dishonest?

For the second time: you did not quote a study. You quoted one guy's opinion. Also, even his opinion did not support your false claim.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The thread is obviously about feminism as defined by 1st wave, 2nd wave, etc. Saying that suffragettes were feminists is silly when the discussion is about the modern definition. Quit playing semantics.

:D Are you playing around? Cuz, if you're serious...

You're the one discussing definitions but I'm playing semantics? ^_^

Okay.

I don't think "semantics" means what you think it means. Strike that. I'm reasonably certain it doesn't.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

For the third and last time, you did not quote a study. And....once again....the article did not support your claim women earn more money than men.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Even though the bible clearly states gender roles, from the very beginning? Help meet anybody?

Helpmeet is one word, not two. And actually, the Hebrew is ezer kenegdo and it literally means "strong face-to-face helper."

The person most often referred to as ezer in Scripture is God. And the word usually has military connotations.

Eve was Adam's rescuer, not his assistant.

Gee I wonder why the bible tells men to love their wifes and women to respect their husbands

Hmmm, maybe because we should love and respect one another? Not really a difficult question, there.

Upvote 0