Gen Z and millennial women are waking up to the lies feminists fed them. Now they are upset and alone

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It looks as if the victims of transgenderism aren't the only ones waking up and smelling the betrayal. :(

article said:
I read with a mixture of sadness and relief an essay by one Melissa Persling, who by all accounts represents the average 30-something woman in America today. In the article, she laments the fact that she’s single at 38 and feels "unbelievably betrayed by feminism."

Persling feels that way because it is that way. For decades our culture has failed women by spreading falsehood after falsehood about men, marriage, motherhood and career. It’s been a slow, daily drip of "You go, Girl!" messages, specifically designed to delete men and babies from life’s equation. And it has wreaked havoc on women’s lives.

GaHillBilly

Dec 30, 2023
Southeast
✟8,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You may want to update your link, which no longer works. This one may do: I'm 38 and single, and I recently realized I want a child. I'm terrified I've missed my opportunity.

But the pattern she describes is one we are seeing in some of the younger people (22 - 40) that are at our Sunday dinners. Tragically, it's a generational error, that can't be fixed by an individual "Oops, I made a mistake".

In the Gen Z's, the false expectations and misandrist attitudes are so deeply rooted, via social media, in both young women AND young men that marriage is now at best a highly problematic enterprise, with competing unattainable expectations driving intractable conflict.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,100.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
MjAxNC1hOGZlYThiYzEzZjhiYTIw.png

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Birth rates have been trending down for quite a while, haven't they? Can't have a baby boom every generation, I suppose. Anyway, I'm glad the friends I know who don't have kids (a minority of them, overall) don't have them, since they're the ones who either couldn't fully commit to not smoking/drinking/partying for long enough to raise a kid in a proper environment, or they're like me and just didn't marry. Either way, that's a pretty good couple of groups to self-select out of having kids, since we'd be terrible with them. (Full disclosure: I'm great with my friends' kids, as I was years ago with younger cousins who are now in their 20s. If I had to guess, the common thread is being able to hand them back to their parents at the end of the day. "Oh, what's that? You're completely wired because we made brownies for our fun afternoon activity? Yeah, that was pretty sweet. Anyway, bye! Tell your parents I said hi, and no, I don't know why you're so hyper! Must be that ADHD I've heard so much about! I bet they've got a medication for that now!" :D )

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0