The thing about online dating?

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
d9c82f368d4a316511d64e900c318c9c.jpg

9c03bd4df0143884c2518913457b0d29.jpg
There are so many non-CF appropriate 'netflix and chill' memes from alliterative historical meme pages I wish I could post.

Reactions: TheGirlOnFire
Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
There are so many non-CF appropriate 'netflix and chill' memes from alliterative historical meme pages I wish I could post.
I had to be selective

As always

Upvote 0

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
Has anyone actually dated someone from CF?
I mean we have profiles.
We even have a chatroom (which Ive only been to once)
We have PMs
We have pictures and photos...if we want.
And we are mostly christians here or at least interested in learning more about Him.

Should we vote someone as matchmaker?

The people here in CF are too spread out across the globe. I believe local dating is complicated enough. Long distance dating across multiple time zones will only complicate things even more.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
lol i thought there might be maybe somebody who posted on CF and found out they lived close by. I meant that, and then went on a date.

Actually, that happened to me! But we didn't go on a date. He said he was in my area and went to a church close by me, and I said I went to this church...and he was welcome to visit it. But he never did, and I didn't go to his cos I don't know the people there.

I wonder if he's still around, probably married by now anyway.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
actually I had three online dates. when I tried online dating.
The first actually was a christian. He was a nice guy and it was interesting to go on a date with him. although, prolly bit embarassed that we were both going online. However, we just went on one date, and he never called me again, so...maybe he found someone else. He lived a bit far away though. Also he was heavily involved in his church and it was not the same denom as me and I thought, if this goes any further I'd just be tied to his kind of church which is not really for me.

The second said he was christian and lived next door to a church but didn't go to it. And when I asked him about his faith, he was kinda cagey about it. I went on a few dates with him and he was nice but i thought too old for me and a bit indecisive.

The third also claimed he was a christian and yea he was round my age and at first I could talk to him a lot about our faith but then it seemed he was REALLY struggling and only would put on a christian pose just for me. I found out later that he was using drugs, and he stole from me and i was like wha??? and conning other girls. and he also said he wanted to marry me, but not before trying to convince me to live with him. he was dodgy as and I couldn't get rid of him and had to call the police.

He ended up in sallies rehab, he asked me to visit but I didn't think it was a good idea. too much drama. I prayed for him instead but it was just crazy.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
also he lived on the other island and I had no idea why he was messaging me...and then he suddenly came to my town and wanted to go out with me?! I thought huh he must really like me or something. But no. He had some dodgy friends and i think he was trying to get away from his town. cos it had the earthquake.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I had pretty much the same experience with CM. No con artists, but tons of guys thay are either weird or flaky. Never resulted in any dates to say the least and my area had virtually no matches and I live in a small town as well.

If I try online dating again it will probably be E-harmony. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

I'm sorry you've had a similar experience. It was sure a learning experience, huh? I choose to laugh about it. Oh, my all time "favorite" encounter was when a guy old enough to be my Dad tried to sweet talk me. Ugh...He made my skin crawl. I hope you have a better experience than I did if you try e-harmony.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
This one girl seems nice and is one of like three I've ever met anywhere I'd find very interesting. Just I hope my almost 3000 word reply isn't too much. She sent me a nice note saying she was writing a reply on her Mac, and then a day later she sent me a nice message along with some questions. It was a 450 word message, and these questions below. So since I've been writing longer messages (around 8 total between us, like 400 words average, and the whole 99% match is kinda cool) I though I'd do a honest and transparent reply hoping I've satiated her questions.
Do you listen to any podcasts?
Do you have a favorite verse or Bible passage?
What would you say most people don’t know about you?
How do you handle stress?
What are your views on marriage? And each person’s role in the relationship?
What’s your favorite form of communication? (text, call, voicemail, e-mail)
If you could time travel, would you want to go back in time or forward in time? Why?
Do you have a favorite memory?
What is your definition of a “man”? What defines your masculinity?
Do you ever hold yourself back? Why?
What makes you happiest?
What’s your greatest achievement and how has it shaped you?
How do you want to be remembered?
If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a form i send everyone and if they reply i can sort of tell if i want to go on a date with them.

Its sort of like the you test. Its real old. I can dig it up for you if you like.

Its better to have that done first than go in cold turkey and then its like a freakin job interview.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a form i send everyone and if they reply i can sort of tell if i want to go on a date with them.

Its sort of like the you test. Its real old. I can dig it up for you if you like.

Its better to have that done first than go in cold turkey and then its like a freakin job interview.
Then it's still a job interview. As long as someone is open for prayer and transformation I really don't care about such stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For example, one girl told me she had a surfer bf. And I go so what did you do on dates? She said he took her surfing when she didnt even surf. All she did was sit in the car in the cold and had to watch him surf.

Needless to say she cant believe she ever went out with him.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Yeah my Mom said she is just trying to toss out the chaff.
So I crafted this message (and made it sophisticated, like myself, honest, and etc), put two hours into it, and hope for the best since she is a seemingly very nice girl.
I won't be able to live in her town for four months or so since we haven't moved. So if she turns out to be really special in four months, and I'm not there I might visit my sister who lives there then see her since she could up being that rare gem.

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Oh, my all time "favorite" encounter was when a guy old enough to be my Dad tried to sweet talk me. Ugh...He made my skin crawl.
Yeah, I've never understood this. When some guys hit about thirty-five, do they suddenly lose conscious of how

• Pathetic
  • Disgusting
  • Creepy
  • Ridiculous
(To be continued...)

they sound?

For the sake of everything lovely and good, think before you speak, and don't hit on women half (or more) your age! :nooo:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
This one girl seems nice and is one of like three I've ever met anywhere I'd find very interesting. Just I hope my almost 3000 word reply isn't too much. She sent me a nice note saying she was writing a reply on her Mac, and then a day later she sent me a nice message along with some questions. It was a 450 word message, and these questions below. So since I've been writing longer messages (around 8 total between us, like 400 words average, and the whole 99% match is kinda cool) I though I'd do a honest and transparent reply hoping I've satiated her questions.

I suggest you stay away from long winded replies. I used to do that too and I found out it just drain and burnt out the conversation. You do not see the lady face to face, but maybe she is actually really tired or too busy to give you a long winded reply back. And she feel guilty not giving you such a long and detailed reply, because your reply was so long. After a while she will stop responding because it is no longer fun replying to you.

Keep the conversation short and simple. The "KISS" rule does apply to dating.

As for those questions she is asking you, I suggest that you just laugh it off and ask her which one is she most interested in right now. Talking about one topic at a time.

If you and her talk in huge clusters, you will both soon find yourselves out of things to talk about.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks for the tip!
I did send a long reply off, but I didn't really request her to say much (ei looking forward to her thoughts, and I'll ask her a few questions later), and I agree/feel that such long replies will kill it eventually.
I was thinking I'd do it to show I'm earnest, then simmer it down, and steer the ship.
The tip is really appreciated as I haven't done this for a while, she seems really nice, and I definitely don't wish to burn her out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For example, one girl told me she had a surfer bf. And I go so what did you do on dates? She said he took her surfing when she didnt even surf. All she did was sit in the car in the cold and had to watch him surf.

Needless to say she cant believe she ever went out with him.
Hahahahaha oh my that's really bad.

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Hahahahaha oh my that's really bad.
I've had it many years ago where somebody took my sister and I to the beach and said they'll surf for a bit.
Two hours later, my sister, and I waiting at the shore thinking he's dead or whatever.
He comes back. Really fun stuff!

Last edited:
Upvote 0