Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I've never understood this. When some guys hit about thirty-five, do they suddenly lose conscious of how

• Pathetic
  • Disgusting
  • Creepy
  • Ridiculous
(To be continued...)

they sound?

For the sake of everything lovely and good, think before you speak, and don't hit on women half (or more) your age! :nooo:

I'm not completely certain why this happens. I suppose some women don't mind that sort of attention from men 20+ years older than them. It could also be that the men think they have the "sugar daddy" card to play. The guy who contacted me was supposedly successful and very financially stable. I also imagine he thought his looks would help him out even if his money didn't. I honestly couldn't be bothered to care and I found his attentions unnerving. Sadly, I am fairly certain he had had some level of success with that approach in the past. I won't go into my other thoughts over why some guys do this but I am sure your imagination could fill in the blanks. I am sure the guys who behave like that don't care about how they sound or look.

Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've always wondered, what makes it uncomfortable/creepy? The fact they're older, or the things they say? Because I have never had a creepy experience with older people, at least not an experience that differed from those I've had with people my age/younger.

I've noticed a lot of clergy in their late thirties marry women in their early twenties. But I guess they're generally not the creepy old man type...

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've always wondered, what makes it uncomfortable/creepy? The fact they're older, or the things they say? Because I have never had a creepy experience with older people, at least not an experience that differed from those I've had with people my age/younger.

I've noticed a lot of clergy in their late thirties marry women in their early twenties. But I guess they're generally not the creepy old man type...

For me it is the mixture of age and what they say. If a young guy said the same things I would write him off as creepy as well. It just seems to bother me more when a guy the age of my Dad or older makes inappropriate comments to me or women the age of his daughters/granddaughters.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm sorry you've had a similar experience. It was sure a learning experience, huh? I choose to laugh about it. Oh, my all time "favorite" encounter was when a guy old enough to be my Dad tried to sweet talk me. Ugh...He made my skin crawl. I hope you have a better experience than I did if you try e-harmony.

I got some older guys, too and one that was really pushy. No thanks.

One guy thought I was a catfish because he thought I was too pretty to be on a dating site. Umm, okay. Lol

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I got some older guys, too and one that was really pushy. No thanks.

One guy thought I was a catfish because he thought I was too pretty to be on a dating site. Umm, okay. Lol

He thought you were a catfish?!?! That's funny. Too good looking? You must be a catfish. ha ha ha. :ahah:

I ran into "pushy" guys too but mine were all internationals. They came from cultures were women didn't have a lot of say in general. I guess western women come as a shock. ha ha ha.

Reactions: leothelioness
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The combination. When I was 23 or so in a students' movement we had a 38 year old attending going after all the young girls until one would bite. Eeww. Another guy at church late in his thirties always hanging around 4 good looking blonde sisters, 19, 20, 23 or so. So stupid. Lol but my ex was the same age and I was 24. He just wasn't a creep.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
He thought you were a catfish?!?! That's funny. Too good looking? You must be a catfish. ha ha ha. :ahah:

I ran into "pushy" guys too but mine were all internationals. They came from cultures were women didn't have a lot of say in general. I guess western women come as a shock. ha ha ha.

Haha, yep, I was like that's a stretch. Lol

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Okay I'm bringing this thread back from the dead once more.
I tossed a short message in saying I wasn't sure what I should write, joked about hoping I didn't scare her off, and that I'm probably jumping the gun since she's busy so if so curiosity got the best of me.. Kinda paraphrasing.
I got this back
Hi Josh, could I get your email? Do you want to communicate there? I think it would be easier that way
So I agreed saying OKC is clunky and tossed in my official "josh@mybusiness.com" (and I don't want spam so it won't be my real email here :) ) for my email.
Busy, but who knows. I definitely wrote my honest self into that thing, she did respond in a positive way, and hope she gives me a little time since I gave her my efforts. I know the more attractive girls get a lot of attention, so maybe in time I'll meet somebody sick of most guys, and opt for me.
But strangely. Personality wins me over first. So I am not after 10's or 7's really. I didn't even look at her profile photo really until I realized it'd take an hour to write her, and wanted to see if I found her a bit interesting or not as her written profile was what got me interested not looks but I'm not apposed to nice looks of course!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thing I dislike about online dating is how is it so impersonal and does not show the real you. What person can write their life in a few words. If you do not have a good job or make a lot of money women will pass over you.
I feel like it would easier to find someone in person and you don't have to pay to message someone who you met in real life.

Agreed. It's just too impersonal. And that makes it difficult and stressful, and IMO an overall disappointment.

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have never done online dating, and never will. lol Too risky. Sure there are risks meeting guys at a party, or social function, etc. But, there's something about online dating that seems disingenuous and fake. I'm sure there are rare success stories, but to me, it's just not for me.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you do not have a good job or make a lot of money women will pass over you.
That's one handy thing of online dating. You can see immediately if someone only wants money or isn't serious towards God and don't have to bother talking to them. But for the rest I'm not trying that anymore, it's a waste of time.

Upvote 0