The second coming of Jesus Christ is LITERAL, not figurative, metaphoric, nor private

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What? This is so weird.

Is there any accountability to teach as Biblical what Bible actually says.
I guess in heretic world, dead elect people don't go to heaven but just stay dead with soul sleep until 2nd coming?
So much for all those References in REvelations about dead saints being alive before second coming.

There are only two great resurrections of the dead, the first one at the second coming, which is for the the elect that will inherit the millennial kingdom, and the second one at the last great white throne judgment before the new heaven and new earth.

Upvote 0

rakovsky

Apr 8, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟67,675.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are only two great resurrections of the dead, the first one at the second coming, which is for the the elect that will inherit the millennial kingdom, and the second one at the last great white throne judgment before the new heaven and new earth.
Yes, only two body resurrections.
But it sounds like you have the weird doctrine of soul sleep? Isn't that a SDA belief?
Do you follow "oneness Pentecostalism", or just a privately selected group of beliefs that don't match any other groups'?

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, only two body resurrections.
But it sounds like you have the weird doctrine of soul sleep? Isn't that a SDA belief?
Do you follow "oneness Pentecostalism", or just a privately selected group of beliefs that don't match any other groups'?

Its a scriptural teaching. There are many biblical references to death being as sleep. Whoever denies this teaching does so willfully putting a blindfold on.

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The scripture does NOT teach that the resurrection of the elect occurs before the millennium. It teaches that the resurrection of the elect occurs AFTER the millennium. Paul EXPLICITLY said that at the second coming the saints are raised and that Christ "delivers the kingdom to the Father and himself becomes SUBJECT."

Christ does NOT become a king at his coming. He reigns UNTIL he comes at which time he delivers the kingdom to the Father and becomes SUBJECT.

In AD431 your view was condemned by the Council of Ephesus as a "superstitious aberration."

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The scripture does NOT teach that the resurrection of the elect occurs before the millennium. It teaches that the resurrection of the elect occurs AFTER the millennium. Paul EXPLICITLY said that at the second coming the saints are raised and that Christ "delivers the kingdom to the Father and himself becomes SUBJECT."

Christ does NOT become a king at his coming. He reigns UNTIL he comes at which time he delivers the kingdom to the Father and becomes SUBJECT.

In AD431 your view was condemned by the Council of Ephesus as a "superstitious aberration."

Iesou Christ reigns beyond his second coming, because even at his second coming death will not yet be destroyed till after the millennial kingdom. So obviously, the kingdom will not be returned yet to the Father till all of Iesou Christ's enemies have been destroyed, which includes death.

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Iesou Christ reigns beyond his second coming, because even at his second coming death will not yet be destroyed till after the millennial kingdom. So obviously, the kingdom will not be returned yet to the Father till all of Iesou Christ's enemies have been destroyed, which includes death.
You have contradicted the Apostle Paul on every point. Paul said that at Christ's coming the LAST enemy is destroyed which is death. Paul said that it is THE END when he shall have delivered the kingdom to the Father and himself becomes SUBJECT.

Your view has absolutely no basis in scripture whatsoever. You make the same mistake as the Jews who crucified our Lord. They erroneously expected an earthly kingdom and you follow in their error.

Upvote 0

MerriestHouse

Site Supporter
Feb 3, 2016
Kentucky
✟45,452.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is exactly the false doctrine I'm talking about! How can you not believe that Jesus Christ comes back PHYSICALLY TO JUDGE THE EARTH? This is one of the most horrible doctrines I've heard just now, I did not think this to be a common doctrine. Its denying pure basics.

Jesus' coming was like his Father's coming in judgment the OT. In Psalms 18 David said Jehovah rode out of heaven on the clouds with fire, and heaven and earth were removed at His presence. This happened hundreds of years ago, but none of this happened literally. The "day of His fierce anger" was accomplished.

Isaiah 13 and 14 deals with the kingdom of Nebuchadnezzar. Ancient Babylon was the focus of the prediction and that kingdom was destroyed. That world came to an end. Isaiah said: "The stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be darkened in its going forth and the moon will not cause it light to shine."

This "day of the Lord" against Babylon in Isaiah 13 did not involve literal cosmic disturbances that a literal interpretation suggests. It is emotive language, hyperbolically expressing the catastrophic end of a kingdom. It was not a prediction of the end of time. The earth remained the same after that prophecy was fulfilled. The results of the coming of God in judgment against Babylon was seen. God was not seen.

Read about Jehovah's coming in judgment in the OT

Exekiel 6, 10, 13, 14. Jehovah would come against Jerusalem, and the dead bodies would lie in the streets, "So that they will know that I am God."

This was the day of the Lord that was coming against Jerusalem at the hands of Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC.

Exekiel 11, Against Jerusalem, "I will judge you in the borders of Israel, so that you may know that I am God.

Exekiel 12, Against Jerusalem "They shall know that I am the Lord, with I scatter them among the nations." The cities that are inhabited shall lie desolate and you shall know that I am the Lord."

Exekiel 20, Jehovah would purge out the rebels of Israel by judgment. They would not enter the land, "and you shall know that I am the Lord."

Ezekiel 25, against the Ammonites,
Against Moabites
Against Edom
Against the Philistines.
"They shall know that I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon them."

Ezekiel 28, Against Sidon. "Behold I am against thee O Sidon, and I will be glorified in the midst of thee, and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall have executed judgments in her."

Ezekiel 29 The Day of the Lord against Egypt. The Lord would come against Egypt at the hands of the Babylonian king, Nebuchadnezzar. "Egypt shall be desolate, and Egypt shall know that I am the Lord." They shall know that I am the Lord when I have set fire to Egypt.

Ezekiel 30, Jehovah said, "They shall know that I am the Lord with I have put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt." Jehovah was going to use the Babylonians as His instrument of Judgment against Egypt. This was not a literal, visible coming of Jehovah on the clouds of heaven, but it was the Day of Jehovah, when Jehovah came in judgment.

These were all historical events. Not one prediction of the Day of the Lord was the language of His coming out of heaven on the clouds, with a shout, with the angels, in destruction ever literally fulfilled. The language was metaphoric.

The results of Jesus' coming in judgment was like Jehovah's coming in judgment in the OT. His coming was seen in the destruction of Jerusalem. It was that world, not our world that was destroyed.

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken; 30 then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory; 31 and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

Like Father, like Son
Sign of the Son of man in heaven
Clouds of heaven with power and great glory
Tribes of earth - Jews

Maybe it's your doctrine that should be examined.

Reactions: Jack Terrence
Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You have contradicted the Apostle Paul on every point. Paul said that at Christ's coming the LAST enemy is destroyed which is death. Paul said that it is THE END when he shall have delivered the kingdom to the Father and himself becomes SUBJECT.

Your view has absolutely no basis in scripture whatsoever. You make the same mistake as the Jews who crucified our Lord. They erroneously expected an earthly kingdom and you follow in their error.

No I haven't, but how about quote me whatever scriptures you think prove your incorrect view and I'll show you why you're wrong.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus' coming was like his Father's coming in judgment the OT. In Psalms 18 David said Jehovah rode out of heaven on the clouds with fire, and heaven and earth were removed at His presence. This happened hundreds of years ago, but none of this happened literally. The "day of His fierce anger" was accomplished.

Isaiah 13 and 14 deals with the kingdom of Nebuchadnezzar. Ancient Babylon was the focus of the prediction and that kingdom was destroyed. That world came to an end. Isaiah said: "The stars of heaven and their constellations will not give their light; the sun will be darkened in its going forth and the moon will not cause it light to shine."

This "day of the Lord" against Babylon in Isaiah 13 did not involve literal cosmic disturbances that a literal interpretation suggests. It is emotive language, hyperbolically expressing the catastrophic end of a kingdom. It was not a prediction of the end of time. The earth remained the same after that prophecy was fulfilled. The results of the coming of God in judgment against Babylon was seen. God was not seen.

Read about Jehovah's coming in judgment in the OT

Exekiel 6, 10, 13, 14. Jehovah would come against Jerusalem, and the dead bodies would lie in the streets, "So that they will know that I am God."

This was the day of the Lord that was coming against Jerusalem at the hands of Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BC.

Exekiel 11, Against Jerusalem, "I will judge you in the borders of Israel, so that you may know that I am God.

Exekiel 12, Against Jerusalem "They shall know that I am the Lord, with I scatter them among the nations." The cities that are inhabited shall lie desolate and you shall know that I am the Lord."

Exekiel 20, Jehovah would purge out the rebels of Israel by judgment. They would not enter the land, "and you shall know that I am the Lord."

Ezekiel 25, against the Ammonites,
Against Moabites
Against Edom
Against the Philistines.
"They shall know that I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon them."

Ezekiel 28, Against Sidon. "Behold I am against thee O Sidon, and I will be glorified in the midst of thee, and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall have executed judgments in her."

Ezekiel 29 The Day of the Lord against Egypt. The Lord would come against Egypt at the hands of the Babylonian king, Nebuchadnezzar. "Egypt shall be desolate, and Egypt shall know that I am the Lord." They shall know that I am the Lord when I have set fire to Egypt.

Ezekiel 30, Jehovah said, "They shall know that I am the Lord with I have put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt." Jehovah was going to use the Babylonians as His instrument of Judgment against Egypt. This was not a literal, visible coming of Jehovah on the clouds of heaven, but it was the Day of Jehovah, when Jehovah came in judgment.

These were all historical events. Not one prediction of the Day of the Lord was the language of His coming out of heaven on the clouds, with a shout, with the angels, in destruction ever literally fulfilled. The language was metaphoric.

The results of Jesus' coming in judgment was like Jehovah's coming in judgment in the OT. His coming was seen in the destruction of Jerusalem. It was that world, not our world that was destroyed.

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken; 30 then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory; 31 and he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

Like Father, like Son
Sign of the Son of man in heaven
Clouds of heaven with power and great glory
Tribes of earth - Jews

Maybe it's your doctrine that should be examined.

Saying that the second coming is a metaphor would've been like saying that the deliverance of the Israelites from the Egyptians was also a metaphor. It's like saying that God has no power to accomplish what he has said he would do in a literal sense. These doctrines are stated by people who have very little belief, if any at all. Very incredulous. God created everything around you from nothing, do you really think he is not able to bring about the second coming of his son in a literal way, as if it were so hard for him to do in a literal sense?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
fools expose their folly. Yes, so why do you do it? Justme
The folly is when someone thinks that the Kingdon will not be here on EARTH but somewhere in the sky! "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6).
Joel 2:28-32, "in the last days" and "the great and notable day of the Lord" (Acts 2:16-21). ...whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. . . . Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. (Acts 3:21, 24)
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God . . .? (II Peter 3:10-12)
I Thessalonians, . . . to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. (1:10)
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? (2:19)
. . . so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints. (3:13)
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. (4:16)
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (5:23)
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. . . . Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! (James 5:7-9)
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. . . . And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. (I John 2:18, 28)
"Behold, I am coming quickly!" (Revelation 22:7, 12, 20).
(Luke 12:31).Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (verses 35-40)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MerriestHouse

Site Supporter
Feb 3, 2016
Kentucky
✟45,452.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Saying that the second coming is a metaphor would've been like saying that the deliverance of the Israelites from the Egyptians was also a metaphor. It's like saying that God has no power to accomplish what he has said he would do in a literal sense. These doctrines are stated by people who have very little belief, if any at all. Very incredulous. God created everything around you from nothing, do you really think he is not able to bring about the second coming of his son in a literal way, as if it were so hard for him to do in a literal sense?

What a twist!

I said the language was metaphoric, the events were real.

I stand on the promises of God, I don't expect Him to stand on mine. You are promising people that Jesus is physically coming back to earth. It is on your list of events but is it on God's list? I don't believe it is.

Isaiah 19:1 "An oracle concerning Egypt. Behold, the LORD is riding on a swift cloud and comes to Egypt; and the idols of Egypt will tremble at his presence, and the heart of the Egyptians will melt within them."

Did the hearts of the Egyptians really melt within them? Did God punish Egypt? Yes He did.

Acts 1: 9 "And when he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

A cloud took him out of their sight. His coming was in this same manner/this same way.

If Jesus is returning in the same way, how does he come from heaven riding a white horse? Revelation 19

If Jesus comes in the same way, how does he come with "ten thousands of his saints?" Jude 14

If Jesus comes in the same way that he left, how does he come "as lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even to the west." Matthew 24

If Jesus comes in exactly the same way, how does Jesus come "with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God?"

If Jesus comes in exactly the same way, how does Jesus come "in flaming fire."

Is this to be taken literally?

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

This is the calculations of an old brother in Christ when he was questioning the literal concept about every eye seeing Jesus if he returned today. He said: Allowing that he would come within one-half mile of each person, traveling 1000 miles per hour, it would take a full day (half of which would be in the dark of night) to circle the earth near the equator, and he would have to circle the earth about 7000 times, taking maybe 10 years. He said that we would hardly be able to see the nail scars in his hands literally!

Shouldn't we allow for some imagery?

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
What a twist!

I said the language was metaphoric, the events were real.

I stand on the promises of God, I don't expect Him to stand on mine. You are promising people that Jesus is physically coming back to earth. It is on your list of events but is it on God's list? I don't believe it is.

Isaiah 19:1 "An oracle concerning Egypt. Behold, the LORD is riding on a swift cloud and comes to Egypt; and the idols of Egypt will tremble at his presence, and the heart of the Egyptians will melt within them."

Did the hearts of the Egyptians really melt within them? Did God punish Egypt? Yes He did.

Acts 1: 9 "And when he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven."

A cloud took him out of their sight. His coming was in this same manner/this same way.

If Jesus is returning in the same way, how does he come from heaven riding a white horse? Revelation 19

If Jesus comes in the same way, how does he come with "ten thousands of his saints?" Jude 14

If Jesus comes in the same way that he left, how does he come "as lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even to the west." Matthew 24

If Jesus comes in exactly the same way, how does Jesus come "with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God?"

If Jesus comes in exactly the same way, how does Jesus come "in flaming fire."

Is this to be taken literally?

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

This is the calculations of an old brother in Christ when he was questioning the literal concept about every eye seeing Jesus if he returned today. He said: Allowing that he would come within one-half mile of each person, traveling 1000 miles per hour, it would take a full day (half of which would be in the dark of night) to circle the earth near the equator, and he would have to circle the earth about 7000 times, taking maybe 10 years. He said that we would hardly be able to see the nail scars in his hands literally!

Shouldn't we allow for some imagery?
There is zero possibility of Jesus ever physically appearing on planet earth ever again. I know that because Jesus appears to each of us, 2 COR 5:10, ti judge each of us, Hebrews 9:27. No matter what happens our bodies rot and return to dust, our spirits return to God, if we are found righteous in our judgment AFTER pour death then we are taken to heaven , 2 COR 5:1.

Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
The folly is when someone thinks that the Kingdon will not be here on EARTH but somewhere in the sky! "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6).
Joel 2:28-32, "in the last days" and "the great and notable day of the Lord" (Acts 2:16-21). ...whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. . . . Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. (Acts 3:21, 24)
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God . . .? (II Peter 3:10-12)
I Thessalonians, . . . to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. (1:10)
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? (2:19)
. . . so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints. (3:13)
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. (4:16)
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (5:23)
Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. . . . Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! (James 5:7-9)
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. . . . And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. (I John 2:18, 28)
"Behold, I am coming quickly!" (Revelation 22:7, 12, 20).
(Luke 12:31).Let your waist be girded and your lamps burning; and you yourselves be like men who wait for their master, when he will return from the wedding, that when he comes and knocks they may open to him immediately. Blessed are those servants whom the master, when he comes, will find watching. Assuredly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit down to eat, and will come and serve them. And if he should come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (verses 35-40)

Why do you never deal with verses that matter, I would like to know. DO you people realize you are flogging false doctrine and know you have to avoid certain things no matter what or do you NOT know you are wrong and try to convince yourselves you can force the bible to back up the false doctrine?
Justme

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No I haven't, but how about quote me whatever scriptures you think prove your incorrect view and I'll show you why you're wrong.
In 1 Corinthians 15:23-28 Paul said that at Christ's coming:

the dead are raised
the end comes
the kingdom is delivered to the Father
the Son himself becomes subject.

Jesus said:

"My kingdom is NOT of this world." John 18:36

"The coming of the kingdom of God CANNOT be observed with the eye" Luke 17:20

"You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU." Luke 17:21

Reactions: MerriestHouse
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do you never deal with verses that matter, I would like to know. DO you people realize you are flogging false doctrine and know you have to avoid certain things no matter what or do you NOT know you are wrong and try to convince yourselves you can force the bible to back up the false doctrine?
Justme
Forget the babbling and just address the verses that were posted. John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. What then is LIFE? Matthew 10:28; Job 33:22; Ezekiel 18:4, 20; "the dead know nothing" (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. WHERE is that KINGDOM? Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; Lk 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
In 1 Corinthians 15:23-28 Paul said that at Christ's coming:

the dead are raised
the end comes
the kingdom is delivered to the Father
the Son himself becomes subject.

Jesus said:

"My kingdom is NOT of this world." John 18:36

"The coming of the kingdom of God CANNOT be observed with the eye" Luke 17:20

"You won't be able to say, 'Here it is!' or 'It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU." Luke 17:21

The dead are raised at the coming of Iesou Christ, hence "afterward they that are Christ's at his coming". The end or the rulership of Iesou occurs when "For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet", and the last enemy to be destroyed is death, hence "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death", then after this last enemy is destroyed, which we know death will be destroyed after the millennial kingdom, then this happens, "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all" and "Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power". Its pretty obvious. You should think this through in relation to many other scriptures. These few verses cover a large span of time. I am very well studied in this topic, so instead of being arrogant in your own confusion, perhaps you should humble yourself and learn a thing or two by someone who can better reconcile all scriptures than you.

Also, the kingdom of God is currently a spiritual kingdom, so yes, it cannot be seen at the moment. But that is not to say that this kingdom will always be spiritual. One day this kingdom will become a physical kingdom on the earth, that will be seen by all.

Also, "my kingdom is not of this world" is a mistranslation. Should read, "my kingdom is not of this eon", meaning that the kingdom of Iesou Christ pertains to the next eon, which is when it will become physically manifested, not just spiritually inside believers, but an actual kingdom on the earth, which is brought forth when he comes again, which is the whole point of him returning, to establish his earthly kingdom, and castrate nations. Pretty much the whole story of the Israelites conquering other nations to take over the promised land was a foreshadow of a greater war to come, the one of Iesou Christ coming to take control of the earth, along with his army of myriads upon myriads of holy angels, and his people whom he has collected from the four winds of the earth, even rescuing his people from death (the resurrection)! Its a magnificent thing that will happen, all for the glory of God. If you cannot understand these basic truths, then I feel pity for you, you do not understand the wonders of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: he-man
Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death", then after this last enemy is destroyed, which we know death will be destroyed after the millennial kingdom....

I am very well studied in this topic, so instead of being arrogant in your own confusion, perhaps you should humble yourself and learn a thing or two by someone who can better reconcile all scriptures than you.
LOL! You say that death is destroyed twice and then have the audacity to say that I am confused. Where does Paul say that death is destroyed two times, before and after your so called millennium. Paul was talking about the resurrection of the church saints. The last enemy which is death is destroyed regarding THEM.

You are the man who is confused my friend.

One day this kingdom will become a physical kingdom on the earth, that will be seen by all.
This is an invention by the carnal minds of men. There is not one scintilla of biblical evidence for this. In fact, Jesus said that world would see him no more.

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me NO MORE; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:19

The saints will see him again. But the world will NEVER again see Christ.

Also, "my kingdom is not of this world" is a mistranslation. Should read, "my kingdom is not of this eon", meaning that the kingdom of Iesou Christ pertains to the next eon, which is when it will become physically manifested, not just spiritually inside believers, but an actual kingdom on the earth, which is brought forth when he comes again, which is the whole point of him returning, to establish his earthly kingdom, and castrate nations. Pretty much the whole story of the Israelites conquering other nations to take over the promised land was a foreshadow of a greater war to come, the one of Iesou Christ coming to take control of the earth, along with his army of myriads upon myriads of holy angels, and his people whom he has collected from the four winds of the earth, even rescuing his people from death (the resurrection)! Its a magnificent thing that will happen, all for the glory of God. If you cannot understand these basic truths, then I feel pity for you, you do not understand the wonders of God.
Wow! Where do you get this stuff? The Greek word is NOT "eon" (αἰών). The Greek word is "kosmos" (κόσμου).

ἀπεκρίθη Ἰησοῦς, Ἡ βασιλεία ἡ ἐμὴ οὐκ ἔστιν ἐκ τοῦ κόσμου τούτου: εἰ ἐκ τοῦ κόσμου

You are not as well studied as you claim.

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
The dead are raised at the coming of Iesou Christ, hence "afterward they that are Christ's at his coming". The end or the rulership of Iesou occurs when "For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet", and the last enemy to be destroyed is death, hence "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death", then after this last enemy is destroyed, which we know death will be destroyed after the millennial kingdom, then this happens, "And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all" and "Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power". Its pretty obvious. You should think this through in relation to many other scriptures. These few verses cover a large span of time. I am very well studied in this topic, so instead of being arrogant in your own confusion, perhaps you should humble yourself and learn a thing or two by someone who can better reconcile all scriptures than you.

Also, the kingdom of God is currently a spiritual kingdom, so yes, it cannot be seen at the moment. But that is not to say that this kingdom will always be spiritual. One day this kingdom will become a physical kingdom on the earth, that will be seen by all.

I would be very interested and much obliged if you were to provide for us, for reference purposes, a complete list of scripture you regard as mistranslated and/or inauthentic.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Forget the babbling and just address the verses that were posted. John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. What then is LIFE? Matthew 10:28; Job 33:22; Ezekiel 18:4, 20; "the dead know nothing" (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. WHERE is that KINGDOM? Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; Lk 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Here are some of the verses I have been waiting for YOU to respond to for quite some time. When you do I will go thru some more of the verses you quote.
Acts 10 NASB
40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible,

For God to need to grant that Jesus become visible, Jesus would have to be INVISIBLE!! Your only recourse here is to argue the translation is wrong and for that go to the Greek and you will see the NASB happens to follow the best!!!
1 COR 15
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

There are two bodies available to man the natural or earthly and the spiritual or heavenly. There are no other options. The natural body is flesh and blood, the body we walk around in today. The spiritual body comes after that and that is the invisible to mortal spiritual/incorporeal body which is suitable for eternal life in heaven.

Phil 3
21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.
The earthly body is not suitable for heavenly living and we are given our heavenly body. That body will be like Jesus is and Jesus BECAME:
Phil 3
1 COR 15
45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
Jesus became a spirit as He had been before He became flesh to live among man.
SO the ONLY way we can reconcile Phil 3:21 and 1 COR 15:45 is to accept that the heavenly body is spiritual or invisible to mortals.
2 COR 4
18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Verification for the above is found in 2 COR 4:18 as it says that all things eternal are unseen, invisible to mortals, spiritual/incorporeal.
Here is the verse which justifies and verifies everything I wrote here:
2 COR 5
For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens

Those are plain and simple, straight forward, literal easy to understand verses and NO other verses in the bible can contradict them. In all of the verses you and the other poster have put up here, they can be read to agree with the ones I just listed. You can not make a physical Jesus on earth mesh with 2 COR 5:1.

Justme

Reactions: MerriestHouse
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here are some of the verses I have been waiting for YOU to respond to for quite some time. When you do I will go thru some more of the verses you quote. Acts 10 NASB 40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible,Justme
Dear Friend Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others Philippians 2:3-4 –. And NOW quote the rest of the verses:
Act 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
Act 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
DO DEAD people drink and eat if they are SPIRIT? Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

Upvote 0