The second coming of Jesus Christ is LITERAL, not figurative, metaphoric, nor private

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If Jesus could appear as invisible , how come He couldn't be invisible and manifest Himself as physical? It was simpler than that.

Jesus was not invisible and needed to be made visible to be seen. That's just the way it is.

Jesus became flesh to live among man.
John 1:14 [ The Word Made Flesh ] And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
So Jesus was NOT flesh before that.

That is human flesh. It does not speak to what he was or wasn't before incarnation.

Jesus is a spirit in a spiritual or heavenly body, ....forever.

Nope. Jesus is not only a spirit and never was.

We, as believers, will all be spirits in spirit or heavenly bodies too, given time.

You misunderstand what the spiritual body actually is and will look and feel like. They are as solid and physical just as Christ was when the disciples saw and felt him.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus was not invisible and needed to be made visible to be seen. That's just the way it is.
That is human flesh. It does not speak to what he was or wasn't before incarnation.
Nope. Jesus is not only a spirit and never was.
You misunderstand what the spiritual body actually is and will look and feel like. They are as solid and physical just as Christ was when the disciples saw and felt him.

Jesus was not invisible!.?????? There are countless verses to verify that He was. There is only one statement to base a physical Jesus on and there is a verse to explain why Jesus appeared non spirit.
I'll start back a bit on the cross..........
John 19
30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.
His flesh body remained on the cross until it was taken down and put in the tomb. A rock sealed the entrance.
The spirit leaves the body at death. Ecc 12:7. The flesh body returns to dust...decays away and the spirit returns to God.
Peter verifies that for us:
2 Peter 1
13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14 because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.
Peter remains PETER as he walks away from the earthly tent or flesh body. He simply leaves the flesh behind... he has no further need of that body.

The same happened to Jesus as His spirit was still JESUS as He spoke in the prison and met with the thief that very night He died as His flesh body lie in the tomb.
SO Jesus was spirit NOT flesh that first night but He was still JESUS.
However as He spoke in the priso or s He was meeting with the thief no living mortal on earth was aware Jesus was doing that. No mortal could SEE Jesus.
It was time for Jesus to come to life to verify for witnesses that eternal life could be available thru Jesus Christ. This is how God showed the spirit Jesus to the witnesses:
Acts 10 KJV
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
What does 'shewed open' mean?
According to Strong.....
shewed.....
to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
of events
to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
of men appearing in public
to be made, finished
of miracles, to be performed, wrought
to become, be made

This is a coming into being NOT a continuation of something previous.

openly...
Strong defines it as:

manifest
fig. of God giving proofs of his saving grace and thus manifesting himself

The NASB, in my mind, comes the closest and the clearest concerning those definitions as it renders the verse as:

40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible,
Here is a quote from the AMP to show that it is the same meaning there...

40 God raised Him [to life] on the third day and caused Him to be plainly seen,

Jesus was NOT visible to all the people , only those witnesses. The guards never saw Jesus.

I'll wait for comment here before I move on.

Justme

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What are the overwhelming fears you posters have to read the pertinent verses?
Jesus has a body, just not a physical or earthly body. Jesus has a spiritual or invisible to mortals body. Jesus is exactly what we will be. t begins in the tomb...
Phil 3:21 says we will have a body as Jesus does... that of course means Jesus body is the same as ours will be and Paul explains what the risen person will be..44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
]But only after the resurrection will we put on immortality.
GOSH, what can I say but what Jesus says, Lk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 1Peter 1:24 For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you.
Mt 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Jh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
13:31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: [/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
]But only after the resurrection will we put on immortality.

GOSH, what can I say but what Jesus says, ...........

Yes, after the resurrections of the dead which are at or near the coming of the Lord, that is when the dead put on mortality. They are taken for eternity to heaven.

Lk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Yes, Jesus manifested Himself as totally physical WITH wounds to show the disciples. Read that in the NASB in John 2:14
Jesus was a spiritual bodied entity granted visibility by God prior to and after those three manifestations.
DO you suppose after all this you could go theu the verses I have presented which indicate a spiritual body for Jesus... Acts 10:40 NASB, 1 COR 15:44 and 45, 49.

1 COR 15:49 tells us we will bear the image of the heavenly man and here is a characteristic of the heavenly man:
Col 1 AMP
15 He is the exact living image [the essential manifestation] of the unseen God [the visible representation of the invisible], the firstborn [the preeminent one, the sovereign, and the originator] of all creation.
1 Tim 1
17 Now to the King of the ages [eternal], immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Justme

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus was not invisible!.?????? There are countless verses to verify that He was.

There are zero.

Acts 10 KJV
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
What does 'shewed open' mean?
According to Strong.....
shewed.....
to become, i.e. to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen
of events
to arise, appear in history, come upon the stage
of men appearing in public
to be made, finished
of miracles, to be performed, wrought
to become, be made

This is a coming into being NOT a continuation of something previous.

openly...
Strong defines it as:

manifest
fig. of God giving proofs of his saving grace and thus manifesting himself

The NASB, in my mind, comes the closest and the clearest concerning those definitions as it renders the verse as:

Here is a quote from the AMP to show that it is the same meaning there...

40 God raised Him [to life] on the third day and caused Him to be plainly seen,

Jesus was NOT visible to all the people , only those witnesses. The guards never saw Jesus.

Wrong. Jesus was in a glorified physical body able to be seen. You cannot say the guards never saw Jesus because the scriptures don't speak of what happened when he left the grave. They aren't even mentioned as being there so it's possible they left before Jesus left the tomb.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
There are zero.
Wrong. Jesus was in a glorified physical body able to be seen. You cannot say the guards never saw Jesus because the scriptures don't speak of what happened when he left the grave. They aren't even mentioned as being there so it's possible they left before Jesus left the tomb.

Matthew
11 Now while they were on their way, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened. 12 And when they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13 and said, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.’ 14 And if this should come to the governor’s ears, we will win him over and keep you out of trouble.” 15 And they took the money and did as they had been instructed; and this story was widely spread among the Jews, and is to this day.

Further to this Jesus was JESUS away from His flesh body as He spoke in the prison and met with the thief.
Jesus was able to be seen after His resurrection but only by people chosen by God. Witnesses who were allowed BY God to see Jesus after He was granted to be visible.

Justme

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew
11 Now while they were on their way, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened. 12 And when they had assembled with the elders and consulted together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13 and said, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.’ 14 And if this should come to the governor’s ears, we will win him over and keep you out of trouble.” 15 And they took the money and did as they had been instructed; and this story was widely spread among the Jews, and is to this day.

That doesn't address what the guards saw or if they were there when Jesus left.

Further to this Jesus was JESUS away from His flesh body as He spoke in the prison and met with the thief.

Of course but that isn't relevant to this discussion.

Jesus was able to be seen after His resurrection but only by people chosen by God. Witnesses who were allowed BY God to see Jesus after He was granted to be visible.

That isn't specified in scripture.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
That doesn't address what the guards saw or if they were there when Jesus left.
Of course but that isn't relevant to this discussion.
That isn't specified in scripture.

Where does the bible tell you the guards saw Him?
All verses are suitable for learning.
Of course it is specified in scripture right here:
Acts 10
41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead.

Why did God have to grant that Jesus become visible to certain people (witnesses)/
Why not visible to everybody?
What is the ONE reason God would have to grant that Jesus become visible in the first place?

Justme

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, after the resurrections of the dead which are at or near the coming of the Lord, that is when the dead put on mortality. They are taken for eternity to heaven.Justme
FIRST address the quote: "The meek shall inherit the EARTH".
1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
NO! he is not a spirit yet Col 2:9 For in him the fullness of divine quality doth tabernacle in a fleshly manner, for he had not yet ascended to heaven. Lk 24:39 for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
Isa 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
2Co 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and [when] the dead shall be raised incorruptible, we shall be changed.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Is 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him the fullness of divine quality doth tabernacle in a fleshly
manner,
Php 2:6 Who, being in the figure of God, thought it not grasping to lead to be similar to God:
7 But himself, he was completely lacking, and clinged to the figure of a slave, and became in likeness of men:
Col 1:16 That in Christ all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities, all things have been created for him and on behalf of him.
17 He is in front of all things, and in him all things stand together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the assembly: who is a beginning of the firstborn from the dead; that among all he might be first.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
FIRST address the quote: "The meek shall inherit the EARTH".
NO it is long past time for you to respond to the verses I quoted. If you can not provide a suitable explanation for those verses then you may have some doctrine problems.

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Where does the bible tell you the guards saw Him?

The bible doesn't mention what happened when he rose. That's the point I've been making. You claim he was invisible and the guards couldn't have seen him but there isn't anything to support that. There is zero evidence that he left the tomb invisible and only could be seen by his disciples.

All verses are suitable for learning.
Of course it is specified in scripture right here:
Acts 10
41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead.

Nothing about him being invisible to others.

Why did God have to grant that Jesus become visible to certain people (witnesses)/
Why not visible to everybody?
What is the ONE reason God would have to grant that Jesus become visible in the first place?

These questions have nothing to do with what is found in the scriptures. Nothing suggests he was ever physically invisible. Choosing to meet with certain people does not support invisibility.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
The bible doesn't mention what happened when he rose. That's the point I've been making. You claim he was invisible and the guards couldn't have seen him but there isn't anything to support that. There is zero evidence that he left the tomb invisible and only could be seen by his disciples.
Nothing about him being invisible to others.
These questions have nothing to do with what is found in the scriptures. Nothing suggests he was ever physically invisible. Choosing to meet with certain people does not support invisibility.

Let me explain this to you you again..... I will use the NASB here because it is the most obvious. It does however, fit very nicely with the manuscripts the bible was translated from. I have showed you the Greek in a previous post so I'll just list English verses here.

First your denial that the invisible Jesus is not mentioned... it is, right here:
Acts 10

From that verse I know 100% that at some point here Jesus was INVISIBLE... He had to be or else God had no reason to have to grant that Jesus become visible. The bible says that, the manuscripts say that, therefore it is.
Then as I pointed out Jesus was NOT visible to ALL the people only to the witnesses. SO then I mention that the guards never saw Jesus to illustrate we have a situation in the bible which agrees with Acts 10:41. You inject that it COULD mean this or it could mean that but IT COULD ALSO MEAN THAT JESUS WAS NOT VISIBLE TO EVERYONE!
Jesus passed thru the wall or the door to show the wounds to the disciples.
John 20
19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, “Peace be with you.”
."....WHEN the doors were shut...... Jesus came.." NOT before they shut the doors but after the doors had been shut Jesus came!!!! Again that is what the bible says....
Two physical masses can not occupy the same space at the same time so either the wall or Jesus had to be spirit or incorporeal for Jesus to enter that room.
BUT, everyone says Jesus told them He was flesh and bone, not a spirit as He showed the wounds. YES, He was and in John 21:14 the bible explains how He did that.
14 This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to the disciples, after He was raised from the dead.

Here the physical Jesus teachers always respond that Jesus appeared to 500 people not three occasions. They search thru versions of the bible and find one which renders the word appeared and then alter those appearances from 3 that is in John 21:4 to 500!
NO, Jesus appeared to all the witnesses because God made Him appear to all the witnesses. Jesus was able to eat fish and show wounds because He MANIFESTED Himself as fully physical THREE times.
Anyone who disagrees with that reasoning can show me another three times when Jesus could have manifested Himself after He raised from the dead.
Then Paul let's the entire cat out of the bag as He writes in 1 COR 15:
45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit
Jesus came to earth as flesh to live among man and do His ministry. Then Jesus died and became a spirit... what kind of spirit? A life giving one! He had been a life giving physical flesh and blood Jesus but He became spirit again.
It has to be that way because of Phil 3:21:
21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

So we will have the same kind of body as Jesus has. That means Jesus has the same body as WE have and our body is ... Paul again in 1 COR 15
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
The last time the bible shows Jesus returning to earth is when He talks with Paul and at that time Jesus was still invisible. Acts 9, and there is no allowance in the bible for Jesus becoming physical again.
There is not a biblical argument available for a physical Jesus in heaven. Jesus is eternal as we will be and all things eternal are unseen, 2 COR 4:18.

If any one chooses to respond to this please respond to these verses, I have no interest in reading anything which people feel proves the bible wrong. SHOW me what I have wrong on these verses first.
Justme

Last edited:
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NO it is long past time for you to respond to the verses I quoted. If you can not provide a suitable explanation for those verses then you may have some doctrine problems.Justme
GOTCHA didn't I? Ps 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. So, if you are not one to be laughed at then please explain Ps 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
GOTCHA didn't I? Ps 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. So, if you are not one to be laughed at then please explain Ps 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
You have refused to comment on any verses I have presented ad it is you that has a gotcha????

NO he-man I can respond to any verse in the bible you care to put up. As with every bible reader on the planet there are verses that i plain do not understand what they are even about. Then there are verses which are symbolic and sometimes the symbolism is straightforward and sometimes not.
But here is the test of your doctrine, I am going to deal with some of your verses just to illustrate to readers that you can NOT respond to mine. Once I respond you have no excuse to keep on looking for bible verses to prove the ones I quote incorrect.
I commented on Matthew 5 , the inheriting earth earlier so let's look at this one:
Ps 37:13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. So, if you are not one to be laughed at then please explain Ps 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
I will go with the verse saying this:
But the humble will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
Nothing to do with eternal life, nothing to do with the eternal inheritance like Daniel talks about in Daniel 12.
Later in Psalms 37 we read this:
18 The Lord knows the days of the blameless,
And their inheritance will be forever.
So then I looked for anybody inheriting land or earth forever.....I found this verse in Psalm 37
The righteous will inherit the land
And dwell in it forever.
But then I remembered, there was no eternal life in the time of this writing so there was no going to heaven and there was no living forever on earth. AND all of this was present tense as far as who was receiving the information. There was resurrections of the dead concerning Daniel and his people but it was NOT to planet earth, they were resurrected to be with the Lord, in cloud forever... not the earth or the land.
Then I copied a few verses from someones post above as follows:
2Co 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
Yes, Jesus is within us, at least in those who believe, and that is within our life or as we live. This verse says nothing about life after death.

1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and [when] the dead shall be raised incorruptible, we shall be changed.
This is a very important verse. Without the understanding of this one the bible is a very confusing book.
You need verse 51 in there to now what happens at the last trump.
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed,
NOT ALL of the audience Paul was talking to would sleep. Some would some would not have to. However, all of the dead and all people alive would be changed. The change was there would no longer any sleeping. There was no longer a requirement to sleep and wait for a resurrection.
At or near that same time the dead would be resurrected- in the twinkling of an eye this all happens. The righteous dead are raised incorruptible, the mortals, dead since spirits started returning to God, are resurrected to life. Because of the CHANGE that happened at the same time, people who die after that last trump do not have sleep but are raised to eternal life at th time of their personal death. 2 COR 5:1 and Jhn 11:26.

Exactly. When we see Jesus again, as in at the judgment seat of Christ, 2 COR 5:10, we will be like He is but even John did not know precisely what that would be. Remember John was there and SAW Jesus as flesh and bone. What that tells us is Jesus will not be flesh and bone when we see Him again. Jesus however can be spirit because John did not have the ability to see a spirit when Jesus walked earth after His resurrection and that explains why John dod not know what He would look like.

Is 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
God is the one and only God over all earth... so?????????????????

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
???????????????????????????
Now you tell me what the verses mean that I quoted and just for fun you can tell me what you think inheriting the earth is and WHY this verse was NOT included:
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
I did respond so watch it Mr. Exodus 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

I must have missed it.... no I didn't miss it did I? No you just listedd verses you feel contradict what the verses say that I present and then think... it has been solved. Proving th bible wrong is not a solution it is a cop out.

Here try again, these are the verses
Acts 10 NASB
1 COR 15
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
1 COR 15
45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
Phil 3
21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.
2 COR 4
18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Justme

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I must have missed it.... no I didn't miss it did I? .Justme
My sincere heart goes out for you: Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; (6) In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. The poor in spirit will inherit the same Kingdom that the meek will - and that Kingdom will be set up on earth.
FIRST address the quote: "The meek shall inherit the EARTH". Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
Isa 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
2Co 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. Is 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Kingdom of God will be set up on the earth: "And You have made them a kingdom (royal race) and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth!" [/b][/size][/COLOR] (Revelation 3:12; 21:2, 10). New Jerusalem will be set up on the new - cleansed and purified - earth. God Himself will dwell with men - not in heaven but in New Jerusalem on earth:
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,/ prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. ... He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son." (Revelation 21:1-4, 7) For more examples of the Kingdom being established on earth, see Psalm 2:6-8; 47:1-9; Jeremiah 23:5; Ezekiel 37:21-28; Daniel 2:44-45; 7:17-18, 27; Micah 4:1-5; Zechariah 9:9-10; 14:9, 16-17; Revelation 2:26-27.) Ps 76:1 In Judah is God known: his name is great in Israel. 2 In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.
Isaiah 62:2 The nations will see your vindication, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
Hebrews 12:22 But you are come to mount Sion, and to the city of the living God, …
Hebrews 13:14 For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come. Matthew 5, Jesus says that the poor in spirit receive the "kingdom of heaven," while Matthew explains where that Kingdom will be:, " the meek "inherit the earth" (Matthew 5:3, 5; see also Psalm 37:11).

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I must have missed it....Justme
Lucky for you, the boat has not left yet! 2 Ki 19:21 "Do you realize, Sennacherib, who it is that you are blaspheming when you speak those words against My city, Jerusalem?"
Try to understand the Bible, read the prophecy in its context to determine its subject, time frame, and purpose.
Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Jerusalem is referred to as "the great city."
"the holy city" does not come back into the story flow until VERSE 21:2, when New Jerusalem comes down from God out of heaven—long after the time covered in these prophecies. 3 specifically says that God again dwells there.
Notice that Melchizedek was king of Salem. That is the city of Jerusalem. "Salem" comes from the Hebrew word meaning "peace." That would make Melchizedek the "King of Peace" (Hebrews 7:2). The Hebrew name Melchizedek itself means "King of Righteousness" (Hebrews 7:2). The same individual is mentioned in Psalm 110:4. Speaking prophetically of Christ, David stated: "The Eternal hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." This verse is quoted again in Hebrews 5:6, 10.
Micah 4:1-2 This passage shows that Jesus Christ will dwell on earth in Jerusalem, accessible to physical people and nations—not in heaven!

Some churches attempt to prove from this verse that heaven is the reward of the saved—that Christians will go to heaven and be there with Christ forever; however, this doctrine originated with the pagan, polytheistic Greeks and Romans.
Daniel 2:44-45 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
"Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10; see Micah 4:8). Jesus instructs His people to pray for God's Kingdom to come, not to be taken away to it!
Ob 17,21 But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. . . . Then saviors shall come to Mount Zion to judge the mountains of Esau, and the kingdom shall be the Lord's.
Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it. Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. (Micah 4:1-2)
John 14:3, Jesus tells His disciples that He will come again to earth and will here receive them to Himself to be with Him: "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." If He wants us in heaven, why would He have to come here to get us? The Parable of the Minas or Pounds (see Luke 19:11-15) also makes this clear.

"Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

He will come down from heaven, through the clouds, and will set down on the Mount of Olives just outside Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:4). He will be clearly visible to human eyes.

Christ reveals to the apostle John in Revelation 19:11-21 that He will not return meekly or unnoticed to this earth. His return will be witnessed by the whole world whose kings and armies (verse 19) will gather to battle against Him. No secret, quiet "rapture," whisking Christians off to heaven, but the most terrible battle in man's history.

John W. Ritenbaugh

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Lucky for you, the boat has not left yet!

Here once again are very literal verses which you can not deal with and these verses show you and everyone else that the theology youwant to apply can not fit the bible. I showed you how verses you quoted can be interpreted, they I showed versdes which reconcike with those ideas.

The verses:
Acts 10 NASB
1 COR 15
1 COR 15
45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
Phil 3
2 COR 4
18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Justme

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Some churches attempt to prove from this verse that heaven is the reward of the saved—that Christians will go to heaven and be there with Christ forever; however, this doctrine originated with the pagan, polytheistic Greeks and Romans.
Daniel 2:44-45 And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.
"Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10; see Micah 4:8). Jesus instructs His people to pray for God's Kingdom to come, not to be taken away to it!
Ob 17,21 But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. . . . Then saviors shall come to Mount Zion to judge the mountains of Esau, and the kingdom shall be the Lord's.
Now it shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it. Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion the law shall go forth, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. (Micah 4:1-2)
John 14:3, Jesus tells His disciples that He will come again to earth and will here receive them to Himself to be with Him: "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." If He wants us in heaven, why would He have to come here to get us? The Parable of the Minas or Pounds (see Luke 19:11-15) also makes this clear.

"Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

He will come down from heaven, through the clouds, and will set down on the Mount of Olives just outside Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:4). He will be clearly visible to human eyes.

Christ reveals to the apostle John in Revelation 19:11-21 that He will not return meekly or unnoticed to this earth. His return will be witnessed by the whole world whose kings and armies (verse 19) will gather to battle against Him. No secret, quiet "rapture," whisking Christians off to heaven, but the most terrible battle in man's history.

John W. Ritenbaugh
Lucky for you, the boat has not left yet! 2 Ki 19:21 "Do you realize, Sennacherib, who it is that you are blaspheming when you speak those words against My city, Jerusalem?"
Try to understand the Bible, read the prophecy in its context to determine its subject, time frame, and purpose.
Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. Jerusalem is referred to as "the great city."
"the holy city" does not come back into the story flow until VERSE 21:2, when New Jerusalem comes down from God out of heaven—long after the time covered in these prophecies. 3 specifically says that God again dwells there.
Notice that Melchizedek was king of Salem. That is the city of Jerusalem. "Salem" comes from the Hebrew word meaning "peace." That would make Melchizedek the "King of Peace" (Hebrews 7:2). The Hebrew name Melchizedek itself means "King of Righteousness" (Hebrews 7:2). The same individual is mentioned in Psalm 110:4. Speaking prophetically of Christ, David stated: "The Eternal hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." This verse is quoted again in Hebrews 5:6, 10.
Micah 4:1-2 This passage shows that Jesus Christ will dwell on earth in Jerusalem, accessible to physical people and nations—not in heaven!

John W. Ritenbaugh

THis guy was connected to Herbert Armstrong.

Justme

Upvote 0