The Pinnacle of Evolution

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says nothing about a flat earth nothing. This is more skeptic dot con deception. Like I said you are in or out with God. So people can know who represents God and who does not represent God. In the end ON ONE will have an excuse. We will all be held accountable.
Are you kidding me? Around 70 passages refer to a flat earth. That's way a clergyman in the 19th century wrote a famous book titled "Earth Not A Globe." I would strongly encourage to read the Bible on these maters before commenting here.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nothing in the Bible can be scientifically disprove, NOTHING.
Then breed striped goats from non-striped goats reliably by making them look at branches while they mate. You see, if I can test it, it can be disproven. By definition, even if that did work, which it doesn't but feel free to try, this event in the bible would still be capable of being scientifically disproven, because we can repeat it and test it. I don't think you understand what it means for something to be capable of being disproven. It's not a negative quality.

IF you could disprove anything in the Bible then we could always present THAT as an excuse. As it is we have NO excuse, none. Jesus makes this abundantly clear that this is an all or none proposition. You are all the way in or all the way out with God, there is no fence sitting. There is no middle ground. You are either for God or against God and this board gives testimony for that. You give testimony that this is true.
How so? I personally don't view inaccuracies in the bible as being related to whether or not deities can exist, or how likely it is. I've also been a seeker for 8 years, in case you don't recall. But hey, feel free to view a complex issue as black and white, if it makes you feel better, but I can't actively be for or against something I don't think exists.

For the lurker I am not talking about salvation, I am talking about those who serve God and those who do not represent or serve God. He watches over every word we say and we need to be very careful what we say. I like to joke about things but I need to be very careful about what I say even when I am joking. For many are called but few are chosen. We are all the way in or all the way out with God. He does not want any lukewarm people.
You do realize that "lukewarm" would be referring to a middle ground... you know, the one you said doesn't exist XD

I have read ALL of the Bible AT LEAST five time. Every word in the Bible. So I know more about what the Bible really says then skeptics and scoffers that spend five min on skeptics dot come and all of a sudden think they are experts and they think they know more about the Bible then the people that have studied the Bible all of their lives.
Sure, but it may shock you to realize, oh my, there are biblical skeptics that have dedicated their lives to the bible, that read it on a monthly basis cover to cover, and have done so for decades. But, just because you've read the text more times than me doesn't mean you understand it better than me; I can read Spanish and pronounce the words correctly, but I certainly don't know enough of the language to get anything out of the average novel in Spanish. The reason why you might understand the story better would be if you had read it more recently than I have, or did it as part of a bible study group. I don't think you understand why I don't believe in YHWH. The bible certainly hasn't helped that cause, but ultimately, it's the lack of evidence that causes that. Still looking for it, though.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, but I missed that post. I know that the "Goliath" story has changed over the years. One source that I read has his height at about 6'9" in the Dead Sea Scrolls. At that height he still would have been a giant of a man in those days when the average Hebrew with a less than ideal diet would be pushing 5' (perhaps I exaggerate a tad, but not much). Now he is something like 9'9" tall. At that height he would not be a fearsome warrior. He would be lucky to be able to even stand up for a substantial period of time.
Yes, the Goliath story did change over the years. Goliath got taller and the Book of Samuel got shorter.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
just because you've read the text more times than me doesn't mean you understand it better than me
Understanding comes from God. We are to be taught by the Holy Spirit of God. He is the one that will guide us and lead us into the truth. We do not need man to teach us. It is nice to know what God is showing others and what He is doing in their life. This is what is known as a testimony and we are all to be ready to give a testimony to others to show what God is doing in our lives. This is all in the Bible and the more you read the Bible the more you will know what we can learn from reading the Bible. Only our understanding comes from God. We do not depend on others to help us understand the Bible because they may lead us astray. We do not want to get caught up in their deception.

You see we are like stones and God is going to build a temple. He works on each and every stone as an individual. Then the day will come when they will take all the stones and join them together and fit them into the temple of God. Now I assume you are one of those stones that God is working on to be a part of the temple of God. That is why He has a plan that we well all be fitted and joined together.

1Pet2
4 As you come to Him, the living stone, rejected by men, but chosen and precious in God’s sight, 5 you also, like living stones,are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood,offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture: “See, I lay in Zion a stone, a chosen and precious cornerstone; and the one who believes in Him will never be put to shame.”…

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Understanding comes from God. We are to be taught by the Holy Spirit of God. He is the one that will guide us and lead us into the truth. We do not need man to teach us. It is nice to know what God is showing others and what He is doing in their life. This is what is known as a testimony and we are all to be ready to give a testimony to others to show what God is doing in our lives. This is all in the Bible and the more you read the Bible the more you will know what we can learn from reading the Bible. Only our understanding comes from God. We do not depend on others to help us understand the Bible because they may lead us astray. We do not want to get caught up in their deception.

You see we are like stones and God is going to build a temple. He works on each and every stone as an individual. Then the day will come when they will take all the stones and join them together and fit them into the temple of God. Now I assume you are one of those stones that God is working on to be a part of the temple of God. That is why He has a plan that we well all be fitted and joined together.

1Pet2
4 As you come to Him, the living stone, rejected by men, but chosen and precious in God’s sight, 5 you also, like living stones,are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood,offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in Scripture: “See, I lay in Zion a stone, a chosen and precious cornerstone; and the one who believes in Him will never be put to shame.”…

But if your God does not exist your whole argument just fell apart.

Also this sort of attitude is why there are thousands of different sects of Christianity. There is a huge range of Christian beliefs. That is evidence that your claim is not correct. If understanding came from God you would think with so many people genuinely trying to understand him that there would be more of a consensus.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that "lukewarm" would be referring to a middle ground... you know, the one you said doesn't exist XD
Lukewarm people exist, they just do not serve God. They are not a part of the Priesthood nor do they want to be a part of the Priesthood of God. They can still be saved. We are not saved by any works that we do. We are saved because of what Jesus did for us at Calvary. Only through the Blood can we be saved.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if your God does not exist your whole argument just fell apart.
Yes I am working on reading a book to understand this whole argument right now. It is actually a defense developed by a skeptic that converted and became a christian.

This was always my dads argument. He believed the Bible but there were many interpretations of the Bible and he never knew which one to believe. He took all of us to see a young man that had polio. This was very strange, he had the head of an adult and the body of a three year old. My dad told us that THIS is a christian, even he was very sick with Polio he had a very good attitude that proved the existence of God. They were a very happy family and they were so happy and honored that my dad brought his children to meet them. This young man died when he was 22 but the family was very happy for him that he passed on to be with Jesus and entered into God's rest. So my dad never tried to explain the Bible, he only tried to show us the people that he felt lived the way a Bible believing person should live. You can ask my brothers or sister, they all remember my dad taking them to see the young man with Polio. You know back when doctors made house calls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Understanding comes from God. We are to be taught by the Holy Spirit of God. He is the one that will guide us and lead us into the truth. We do not need man to teach us.
Then why does the bible exist? If humans don't need to be taught by other people about YHWH, then why is it that every believer that has ever existed needed a text written by HUMAN HANDS to become one?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes I am working on reading a book to understand this whole argument right now. It is actually a defense developed by a skeptic that converted and became a christian.

I have heard this sort of claim before and it is usually bogus.

This was always my dads argument. He believed the Bible but there were many interpretations of the Bible and he never knew which one to believe. He took all of us to see a young man that had polio. This was very strange, he had the head of an adult and the body of a three year old. My dad told us that THIS is a christian, even he was very sick with Polio he had a very good attitude that proved the existence of God. They were a very happy family and they were so happy and honored that my dad brought his children to meet them. This young man died when he was 22 but the family was very happy for him that he passed on to be with Jesus and entered into God's rest.

So my dad never tried to explain the Bible, he only tried to show us the people that he felt lived the way a Bible believing person should live.

Sadly the sick man did not prove the existence of God, he was not even evidence for that. All he was evidence for was that such a belief can be a comfort to those that are about to die. Once again, religion is an irrational reaction to a rational fear.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lukewarm people exist, they just do not serve God. They are not a part of the Priesthood nor do they want to be a part of the Priesthood of God. They can still be saved. We are not saved by any works that we do. We are saved because of what Jesus did for us at Calvary. Only through the Blood can we be saved.
This is all conjecture. My mother believes that going to heaven is unrelated to beliefs, and more related to actions, after she converted, because to her, no just being would condemn people for their beliefs.

Certainly, those people you call "lukewarm" don't view themselves as hellbound, or out of the service of god. Do you ever think to yourself that the reasoning behind that might make just as much sense as your reasoning for otherwise? Or does it hurt your pride too much?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nothing in the Bible can be scientifically disprove, NOTHING. IF you could disprove anything in the Bible then we could always present THAT as an excuse. As it is we have NO excuse, none. Jesus makes this abundantly clear that this is an all or none proposition. You are all the way in or all the way out with God, there is no fence sitting. There is no middle ground. You are either for God or against God and this board gives testimony for that. You give testimony that this is true.

For the lurker I am not talking about salvation, I am talking about those who serve God and those who do not represent or serve God. He watches over every word we say and we need to be very careful what we say. I like to joke about things but I need to be very careful about what I say even when I am joking. For many are called but few are chosen. We are all the way in or all the way out with God. He does not want any lukewarm people.

I have read ALL of the Bible AT LEAST five time. Every word in the Bible. So I know more about what the Bible really says then skeptics and scoffers that spend five min on skeptics dot come and all of a sudden think they are experts and they think they know more about the Bible then the people that have studied the Bible all of their lives.

1311-jpg.175097

More denial.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

1Pet2

Many of your posts, however, strongly suggest you have ignored studying massive portions of Scripture. Just because you believe you are taught by the Spirit doesn't mean you are. Every kook and fanatic in the book claims to be instructed by the Spirit.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many of your posts, however, strongly suggest you have ignored studying massive portions of Scripture. Just because you believe you are taught by the Spirit doesn't mean you are. Every kook and fanatic in the book claims to be instructed by the Spirit.
This is the third time I have said this now. I have read the entire Bible at least 5 times. I do not ignore anything. I esp pay attention to the genealogies that so many people skip over and do not read. What difference does it make what they claim. I am telling you that you need the Holy Spirit of God to guide you and lead you and teach you. Ignore the kooks and fanatics. That is the whole point of what I am saying is not to be lead by man.

1311-jpg.175108

Attachments

• 1311.jpg
    1311.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly, those people you call "lukewarm" don't view themselves as hellbound,
I do not call them lukewarm God does and I do not say they are "hellbound" I say that they do not represent God. They do not speak for God they have rejected their Priesthood. They can still be saved because salvation is not based on works. Many are called few are chosen means that they reject God, God does not reject them He calls them but they do not accept their calling.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard this sort of claim before and it is usually bogus.
I do not know, I will let you know when I read his argument in the book. If I find any degree of credibility to his claim you will be the first to know. Because this is an argument from a skeptic for skeptics.

Sadly the sick man did not prove the existence of God, he was not even evidence for that. All he was evidence for was that such a belief can be a comfort to those that are about to die. Once again, religion is an irrational reaction to a rational fear.
There are people that believe that everything is a miracle and there are people that believe nothing is a miracles. Often it is the people in their ivory towers that have very little experience in the real world that do not believe in miracles. Those of us that actually have to function in the real world knows that miracles are very much a real part of life. That is why people come to us for help because they know that we know how to get things done.

such a belief can be a comfort to those that are about to die. Once again, religion is an irrational reaction to a rational fear.
IF a very sick person is comforted then what difference does it make how rational it is. My dad was very big on the power of suggestion. It did not matter to him if God exists or not. What matters is that the patient was comforted. Even he use to claim the power of suggestion was so strong that he could do surgery without any anesthesia. Only it took to long so he just gave them a shot so he could get on with what he was doing. Fast and quick and easy. But he still know the old fashion way of doing medicine before all the modern drugs came out.

He could hypnotise a whole audience and he often did. He hypnotised my whole school once. I went around and talked to as many people as I could to ask them if they were hypnotised or not and they ALL said they were. That was how he built his practice up so big back then. Everyone in the whole town, the whole community knew our family back then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why does the bible exist?
Because that is what the people wanted, that is what they asked for because they were afraid of God. "18 All the people perceived the thunder and the lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood at a distance. 19 Then they said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen; but let not God speak to us, or we will die." 20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid;..." Exo 19

Upvote 0