Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You think that there is NO verifiable evidence for the Bible? You are going to have to reject ALL of science because there is overwhelming scientific evidence for the Bible. You can not reject the Bible without first rejecting science.

Yea, you keep saying that.

Problem is, you dont present any evidence.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Bible is BOTH objective and subjective. You have to test the Bible for yourself, you have to read the Bible for yourself. No one can do this for you. I can only tell you of the advantages God has for those who Diligently Seek Him. I have read the Bible at least 5 times for myself. Everyone has to decide for themselves what they want to do with their life and if they want to seek after the God that created them. I can not decide for you. I can only encourage you to make the right choice for yourself.

dsc_1320-jpg.175000

No evidence to support your claim.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The Bible is the MOST valid book that ever was or ever will be. Perhaps you do not understand authority.

I understand it just fine. A book doesn't have divine authorship just because of a bunch of men say so.

The God that Created this Universe and the Law Giver that gives us the Laws of Science is the authority behind the Bible.

That is a bare assertion made by men who can't produce a shred of evidence to back it.

So you can say whatever you want but God is the Ultimate Authority, not man.

Actually, you are putting the Bible before God.

I have read the Bible FIVE (5) times. Every word in the Bible: all of the genealogies. How many times have you read the Bible? Or do you consider yourself to be an expert because you spend five minutes on skeptics dot com? If you want to bet your five minutes of study against my life time of research and study then don't be surprised when you get the results you get.

You can read the Harry Potter books 10 times. That won't make them true.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
You have to test the Bible for yourself, you have to read the Bible for yourself. No one can do this for you.

That's a bunch of baloney. If it were objective then you could show us what the test is and how the test has been supported by evidence. You wouldn't make the same claim for a chemistry book, would you?

I can only tell you of the advantages God has for those who Diligently Seek Him.

You can't demonstrate any of those advantages, nor show that they came from a real deity?

I have read the Bible at least 5 times for myself. Everyone has to decide for themselves what they want to do with their life and if they want to seek after the God that created them. I can not decide for you. I can only encourage you to make the right choice for yourself.

You could show us evidence that this supposed deity created anything. If there is no evidence, then why should we even consider it?

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is the MOST valid book that ever was or ever will be. Perhaps you do not understand authority. The God that Created this Universe and the Law Giver that gives us the Laws of Science is the authority behind the Bible. The Bible talks about the Kingdom of God. So we know what a KING is and the AUTHORITY a KING has. This way even a child can understand the authority that God has as the Creator of the Universe. So you can say whatever you want but God is the Ultimate Authority, not man. This is the same God that stands behind the Bible and the honesty, truthfulness, integrity and reliability of the Bible.

I have read the Bible FIVE (5) times. Every word in the Bible: all of the genealogies. How many times have you read the Bible? Or do you consider yourself to be an expert because you spend five minutes on skeptics dot com? If you want to bet your five minutes of study against my life time of research and study then don't be surprised when you get the results you get.

The Bible has an outmoded cosmology and contains around 100 major contradictions. How could it be the most valid book ever?

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How do you verify that you car will start? You do what the Bible says to do and you will get the results that the Bible says you will get. There is a story that a women died and the family found her Bible. When they looked at the Bible they found TTT next to a lot of the passages in the Bible. They wondered what the meaning was and they found out that TTT means Tested, Tried & True. That is why I depend on the Bible. Because the Bible is ALWAYS true. We have a covenant with God, if we do our part then God will do His part of the Covenant. A covenant is like a marriage, legal and binding. We have no covenant with the Biology book because the Biology Book is constantly changing. They have new editions all the time. The Bible has not changed in 3500 years.

Yes, the Bible most certainly change overt the years. I already pointed that out to you several weeks back.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the Bible most certainly change overt the years. I already pointed that out to you several weeks back.

I am sorry, but I missed that post. I know that the "Goliath" story has changed over the years. One source that I read has his height at about 6'9" in the Dead Sea Scrolls. At that height he still would have been a giant of a man in those days when the average Hebrew with a less than ideal diet would be pushing 5' (perhaps I exaggerate a tad, but not much). Now he is something like 9'9" tall. At that height he would not be a fearsome warrior. He would be lucky to be able to even stand up for a substantial period of time.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing has changed over the years. The Bible remains consistent and unchanged. Only the translations have changed.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible has an outmoded cosmology and contains around 100 major contradictions. How could it be the most valid book ever?
There are no contradictions in the Bible. I have researched many of these and none of these so call contradictions can be substantiated. As additional scientific evidence is known of course our understanding of the cosmology is going to change. Yet the Bible remains consistent and true. Even Daniel predicts that knowledge will increase and that prediction has proven to be true.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There are no contradictions in the Bible. I have researched many of these and none of these so call contradictions can be substantiated. As additional scientific evidence is known of course our understanding of the cosmology is going to change. Yet the Bible remains consistent and true. Even Daniel predicts that knowledge will increase and that prediction has proven to be true.

Oh, really. Well, how about 2 Sam. 21:19? It says that Elhanan killed Goliath. And don't gave any of this "brother of" stuff. That phrase was addend in by later translators. Also, more to the point is Genesis, which provides two conflicting accounts of creation. In Gen. 1, first animals, then man and woman together. In Gen. 1, first man, then animals, then man and woman. I think I brought all this to your attention before and have yet to receive a solid reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nothing has changed over the years. The Bible remains consistent and unchanged. Only the translations have changed.

I think we have been though this before. There were significant changes in the Bible. The Apocrypha was originally in both by Catholics and Protestants, but then dropped by the latter. The ending of Mark is a later addition. The Johannie Comma is a much later addition. Between the DSS and what we have today, 15 psalms were omitted. Samuel got shorter, and Goliath got way taller.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were significant changes in the Bible.
Nothing has changed. God gave ALL of his plan of salvation to Moses and nothing has been added. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He does not change.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nothing has changed. God gave ALL of his plan of salvation to Moses and nothing has been added. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, He does not change.

What about those changes Hoghead mentioned in post 412, is he lying to us?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That is not at all accurate about God. About 100 biblical passages refer to God as changing, i.e., Hosea 11:8, Gen. 6:6.
I don't know where you came up with the idea that God gave all of his plan of salvation to Moses, who revealed it. That is never been a fundamental teaching in Christianity, to start with. Also, Christ and the NT abolish Moses, abolish the law. Christ was actually saying that Moses got it wrong, that God doesn't want legalists, that God wants people to value love over law. We are not saved by the law, according to Paul.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You think that there is NO verifiable evidence for the Bible? You are going to have to reject ALL of science because there is overwhelming scientific evidence for the Bible. You can not reject the Bible without first rejecting science.
I am sure some of the events have some historical legitimacy, but that's a different field altogether. There is no scientific evidence for deities of any sort. There is no scientific evidence that should any deity/deities exist, YHWH is the most likely one to be real. Furthermore, certain events in the bible are scientifically disproven. You don't get striped animals by making them breed while looking at branches. Lot's daughters would have been unable to get such an old man drunk enough to pass out, and still be able to have sex with him and get pregnant at the same time (the latter being statistically extremely improbable even if they both had sex with a different sober young man than each other on the same day). The number of Jews wandering the desert in Exodus would have left behind tons of historical evidence, documents, and artifacts if it had actually happened, even if you think the Egyptian empire put all its effort into a cover-up.

You can try to say the stories aren't literal, or that YHWH or the devil tampered with evidence, but the statement that there is no scientific evidence would stand regardless.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
certain events in the bible are scientifically disproven.
Nothing in the Bible can be scientifically disprove, NOTHING. IF you could disprove anything in the Bible then we could always present THAT as an excuse. As it is we have NO excuse, none. Jesus makes this abundantly clear that this is an all or none proposition. You are all the way in or all the way out with God, there is no fence sitting. There is no middle ground. You are either for God or against God and this board gives testimony for that. You give testimony that this is true.

For the lurker I am not talking about salvation, I am talking about those who serve God and those who do not represent or serve God. He watches over every word we say and we need to be very careful what we say. I like to joke about things but I need to be very careful about what I say even when I am joking. For many are called but few are chosen. We are all the way in or all the way out with God. He does not want any lukewarm people.

I have read ALL of the Bible AT LEAST five time. Every word in the Bible. So I know more about what the Bible really says then skeptics and scoffers that spend five min on skeptics dot come and all of a sudden think they are experts and they think they know more about the Bible then the people that have studied the Bible all of their lives.

1311-jpg.175097

Attachments

• 1311.jpg
    1311.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nothing in the Bible can be scientifically disprove, NOTHING. IF you could disprove anything in the Bible then we could always present THAT as an excuse. As it is we have NO excuse, none. Jesus makes this abundantly clear that this is an all or none proposition. You are all the way in or all the way out with God, there is no fence sitting. There is no middle ground. You are either for God or against God and this board gives testimony for that. You give testimony that this is true.

For the lurker I am not talking about salvation, I am talking about those who serve God and those who do not represent or serve God. He watches over every word we say and we need to be very careful what we say. I like to joke about things but I need to be very careful about what I say even when I am joking. For many are called but few are chosen. We are all the way in or all the way out with God. He does not want any lukewarm people.
The whole biblical cosmology, with its flat earth and geocentric view as well as the creation myth have all been disproven by science. Your either-or thinking is naïve. Either-or thinking is actually what underlies many neurotic symptoms. It is unrealistic. Reality is a shade of grey.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole biblical cosmology, with its flat earth and geocentric view as well as the creation myth have all been disproven by science. Your either-or thinking is naïve. Either-or thinking is actually what underlies many neurotic symptoms. It is unrealistic. Reality is a shade of grey.
The Bible says nothing about a flat earth nothing. This is more skeptic dot con deception. Like I said you are in or out with God. So people can know who represents God and who does not represent God. In the end ON ONE will have an excuse. We will all be held accountable.

Upvote 0