The Pinnacle of Evolution

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
According to Wiki Natural laws do apply to Biology. What makes you think that natural laws do no not apply to Biology?

"The laws of science, scientific laws, or scientific principles are statements that describe or predict a range of phenomena behave as they appear to in nature.[1] The term "law" has diverse usage in many cases: approximate, accurate, broad or narrow theories, in all natural scientific disciplines (physics, chemistry, biology, geology, astronomy etc.)" wiki

What laws are you saying that evolution would have to break?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is actually a valid discussion because there have been studies. For example they have studies to see if prayer is effective for people with health issues. The results have been rather mixed. What I have been trying to explain is you have to understand the Bible so you know just what you are trying to verify. WE have a covenant relationship with God. If we do our part of the convent then we know that God will do His part. They have books about the promises of God. There is a web site that has a promise for every day of the year.

Promise #143: I will rescue the godly from all their troubles.

Here is a promise that tells us if we are "godly" God will rescue us from ALL of our troubles. So we need to learn what it means and how we can be "godly". That may take some effort on our part to be "godly" but we know that he will reward us and rescue us from all of our troubles. As a Christian it is nice to know that no matter what our trouble are God is alway ready, willing and able to rescue us. For me it is nice to read through all of the many promises of God.

http://www.365promises.com/

Apologetics.

How do you objectively verify the evidence for faith beliefs.

Simple question. If you cant respond on topic and addressing the question directly, dont waste my time with word salad.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Apologetics.

Simple question. If you cant respond on topic and addressing the question directly, dont waste my time with word salad.
The answer is, you can't. That is why it is call faith, "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is actually a valid discussion because there have been studies. For example they have studies to see if prayer is effective for people with health issues. The results have been rather mixed. What I have been trying to explain is you have to understand the Bible so you know just what you are trying to verify. WE have a covenant relationship with God. If we do our part of the convent then we know that God will do His part. They have books about the promises of God. There is a web site that has a promise for every day of the year.

Promise #143: I will rescue the godly from all their troubles.

Here is a promise that tells us if we are "godly" God will rescue us from ALL of our troubles. So we need to learn what it means and how we can be "godly". That may take some effort on our part to be "godly" but we know that he will reward us and rescue us from all of our troubles. As a Christian it is nice to know that no matter what our trouble are God is alway ready, willing and able to rescue us. For me it is nice to read through all of the many promises of God.

http://www.365promises.com/
Yes, but don't we have to do our share? God led Moses to the Promised Land, but he still had to do the walking.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but don't we have to do our share? God led Moses to the Promised Land, but he still had to do the walking.
A little bit of walking never hurt anyone. A lot of the health problems that people have today is because they do not get out and walk enough.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dont waste my time with word salad.
You want me to ignore you because of your lack of understanding what I am saying?
It is getting pretty deep in here, I may need to get a new pair of boots.

2015-men-leather-military-army-boots-knee-high-boots-for-men-and-women-lovers-motorcycle-or.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You want me to ignore you because of your lack of understanding what I am saying? It is getting pretty deep in here, I may need to get a new pair of boots.

2015-men-leather-military-army-boots-knee-high-boots-for-men-and-women-lovers-motorcycle-or.jpg

I take it this means you cant directly answer my simple question and is just more evasion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes we have to do our share, we have a covenant relationship with God. If we do our part then we can be sure that God will do His part of the covenant. We are given a choice, life or death, blessing or curse, sickness or health, poverty or prosperity. That is our choice and we have our part to do.

Prov24 33 "A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to rest,"
34 Then your poverty will come as a robber And your want like an armed man.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you really think that stories in books are valid evidence?
The Bible is the MOST valid book that ever was or ever will be. Perhaps you do not understand authority. The God that Created this Universe and the Law Giver that gives us the Laws of Science is the authority behind the Bible. The Bible talks about the Kingdom of God. So we know what a KING is and the AUTHORITY a KING has. This way even a child can understand the authority that God has as the Creator of the Universe. So you can say whatever you want but God is the Ultimate Authority, not man. This is the same God that stands behind the Bible and the honesty, truthfulness, integrity and reliability of the Bible.

I have read the Bible FIVE (5) times. Every word in the Bible: all of the genealogies. How many times have you read the Bible? Or do you consider yourself to be an expert because you spend five minutes on skeptics dot com? If you want to bet your five minutes of study against my life time of research and study then don't be surprised when you get the results you get.

Attachments

• DSC_1320.JPG
    DSC_1320.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Bible is the MOST valid book that ever was or ever will be. Perhaps you do not understand authority. The God that Created this Universe and the Law Giver that gives us the Laws of Science is the authority behind the Bible. The Bible talks about the Kingdom of God. So we know what a KING is and the AUTHORITY a KING has. This way even a child can understand the authority that God has as the Creator of the Universe. So you can say whatever you want but God is the Ultimate Authority, not man. This is the same God that stands behind the Bible and the honesty, truthfulness, integrity and reliability of the Bible.

I have read the Bible FIVE (5) times. Every word in the Bible: all of the genealogies. How many times have you read the Bible? Or do you consider yourself to be an expert because you spend five minutes on skeptics dot com? If you want to bet your five minutes of study against my life time of research and study then don't be surprised when you get the results you get.

This is a claim.

Dont see any verifiable evidence to support it.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you verify that you car will start? You do what the Bible says to do and you will get the results that the Bible says you will get. There is a story that a women died and the family found her Bible. When they looked at the Bible they found TTT next to a lot of the passages in the Bible. They wondered what the meaning was and they found out that TTT means Tested, Tried & True. That is why I depend on the Bible. Because the Bible is ALWAYS true. We have a covenant with God, if we do our part then God will do His part of the Covenant. A covenant is like a marriage, legal and binding. We have no covenant with the Biology book because the Biology Book is constantly changing. They have new editions all the time. The Bible has not changed in 3500 years.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you verify that you car will start? You do what the Bible says to do and you will get the results that the Bible says you will get. There is a story that a women died and the family found her Bible. When they looked at the Bible they found TTT next to a lot of the passages in the Bible. They wondered what the meaning was and they found out that TTT means Tested, Tried & True. That is why I depend on the Bible. Because the Bible is ALWAYS true. We have a covenant with God, if we do our part then God will do His part of the Covenant. A covenant is like a marriage, legal and binding. We have no covenant with the Biology book because the Biology Book is constantly changing. They have new editions all the time. The Bible has not changed in 3500 years.

I see opinion, no verifiable evidence.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a claim.

Dont see any verifiable evidence to support it.
The Bible is BOTH objective and subjective. You have to test the Bible for yourself, you have to read the Bible for yourself. No one can do this for you. I can only tell you of the advantages God has for those who Diligently Seek Him. I have read the Bible at least 5 times for myself. Everyone has to decide for themselves what they want to do with their life and if they want to seek after the God that created them. I can not decide for you. I can only encourage you to make the right choice for yourself.

dsc_1320-jpg.175000

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see opinion, no verifiable evidence.
You think that there is NO verifiable evidence for the Bible? You are going to have to reject ALL of science because there is overwhelming scientific evidence for the Bible. You can not reject the Bible without first rejecting science.

Upvote 0