✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Ryan says Trump is a racist -

well, that proves it then.

excuse me while I vomit

It's frustrating to have to deal with the charge of racist. I've been called a racist before. By someone who didn't even know me. I don't take such things seriously. It's just name calling IMO.

Reactions: SpunkyDoodle
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟706,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's frustrating to have to deal with the charge of racist. I've been called a racist before. By someone who didn't even know me. I don't take such things seriously. It's just name calling IMO.

Trump has been in the public lime light for 3 decades and has never been regarded as a racist until he ran for office.

He is supposedly anti immigrant, but is married to an immigrant.

He is supposedly anti woman, but has inordinate amount of woman as senior exec's

He is supposedly racist, yet employs a miriad of people from different races. The racist moniker was placed on him because of his NON PC speaking.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Trump has been in the public lime light for 3 decades and has never been regarded as a racist until he ran for office.

He is supposedly anti immigrant, but is married to an immigrant.

He is supposedly anti woman, but has inordinate amount of woman as senior exec's

He is supposedly racist, yet employs a miriad of people from different races. The racist moniker was placed on him because of his NON PC speaking.

I agree.

It's a ploy of the left and always has been. Even the liberal Kirsten Powers says this is the case.

Upvote 0

SpunkyDoodle

Jun 22, 2016
Florida
✟1,914.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is all it is. Most people using that accusation do not know what it means, and to them, anyone they do not like, or who says or does something they do not like is a racist. When the definition is understood, there is little or no power in it. Hillary has displayed the traits described in the definition of racist, but I do not know any example of Trump doing that.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This is all it is. Most people using that accusation do not know what it means, and to them, anyone they do not like, or who says or does something they do not like is a racist. When the definition is understood, there is little or no power in it. Hillary has displayed the traits described in the definition of racist, but I do not know any example of Trump doing that.

What do you think a racist is? And do me the favor of remembering that I literally have a text-book sociological definition within reach.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
First of all, this just ain't true.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/donald-trump-never-accused-racism-running-president/

Trump was accused of racism at numerous times during his career.

But more to the point, the scrutiny you get as a generic rich guy and celebrity in your public and private dealings is nothing compared to the scrutiny you get when running for public office, particularly the highest public office. It's entirely believable that certain things would not come to light or be considered worth mentioning until the man ran for president.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟574,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The media:

Only 6 percent of people say they have a great deal of confidence in the press, about the same level of trust Americans have in Congress, according to a new survey released on Sunday.

At a recent rally the crowd voiced their opinion:

Chanting "Do your job" and "Tell the truth"

This leads to a variety of questions:

1. As more and more of their bias and inaccuracies are exposed, what changes will it make in their approach. even the Fact Checkers are being exposed as biased.

2. If the media is untrustworthy, and the media controls a number of polls, how can we know the polls accuracy?

I am so disappointed after watching NBC's Nightly News, which was expressing extreme bias last night, I was forced to change the channel... I was really let down by that - it wasn't that way very long ago.

...To think I used to trust that source, when all else failed.

Reactions: SpunkyDoodle
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to be a nuisance, but we're rapidly approaching 24 hours since we were told why the Media is incompetent, and presented with a 2 minute video of the CNBC Republican Debate...with no explanation.

Are we reaching the point where we can get to the point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bennytwofists

Mar 16, 2015
✟16,998.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A big part of the problem here is that these people watch FOX News, and FOX NEWS just invents conspiracy theories whole cloth. When the rest of the media refuses to do the same, and depend on facts, reputable sources, and stuff like that, the Trump base gets upset.

May I please ask a question?

May I inquire of your sources for this? Is there a study from a third party organization that has come to this conclusion. If there is absolute proof of this, why are none of the Fox competitors bringing it to light? Wouldn't this shut them down?

I ask, because I have never heard anyone make such a claim and it seems braggadocios and a bit far fetched. Now I have read your other posts that address this issue and watched the videos. While bringing up some questions of authenticity, they fall far short of your statement.

I certainly mean no offense with my query and hope you do not interpret it as an attack. Do you have some hard proof beyond a couple videos and your opinion?

Best Regards,
Benny TwoFists

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
May I please ask a question?

May I inquire of your sources for this? Is there a study from a third party organization that has come to this conclusion. If there is absolute proof of this, why are none of the Fox competitors bringing it to light? Wouldn't this shut them down?

I ask, because I have never heard anyone make such a claim and it seems braggadocios and a bit far fetched. Now I have read your other posts that address this issue and watched the videos. While bringing up some questions of authenticity, they fall far short of your statement.

I certainly mean no offense with my query and hope you do not interpret it as an attack. Do you have some hard proof beyond a couple videos and your opinion?

Best Regards,
Benny TwoFists
Sure. With Trump constantly attacking the media, saying the most horrible things about reporters, and obviously many of his surrogates and supporters repeating his complaints, I honestly thought this was common knowledge. If you want more examples, just google "Trump left wing media"

Here is an example, Alex Jones, a Trump supporter, from his website infowars.com:

Leftist Media, San Jose Mayor Justify Anti-Trump Violence, Attack on Woman

While some condemned the wave of violence carried out by anti-Trump agitators in San Jose yesterday, segments of the leftist media justified the carnage, even going so far as to blame a woman who was surrounded and assaulted by vicious Mexican flag-waving thugs.

If you want more, google Trump left wing media. Now that Trump has hooked up with the "alt-right" (read rebranded white supremacists), I think this will only increase.

Upvote 0