United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The media:

Only 6 percent of people say they have a great deal of confidence in the press, about the same level of trust Americans have in Congress, according to a new survey released on Sunday.

At a recent rally the crowd voiced their opinion:

Chanting "Do your job" and "Tell the truth"

This leads to a variety of questions:

1. As more and more of their bias and inaccuracies are exposed, what changes will it make in their approach. even the Fact Checkers are being exposed as biased.

2. If the media is untrustworthy, and the media controls a number of polls, how can we know the polls accuracy?

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The media:

Only 6 percent of people say they have a great deal of confidence in the press, about the same level of trust Americans have in Congress, according to a new survey released on Sunday.

1. As more and more of their bias and inaccuracies are exposed, what changes will it make in their approach. even the Fact Checkers are being exposed as biased.

2. If the media is untrustworthy, and the media controls a number of polls, how can we know the polls accuracy?
Polls are conducted by many organizations besides the "media". And the ones by the networks are actually done by professionals hired by the network. There is not a single poll from any source that has Trump competitive in the Electoral College right now... that includes Rassmussen and all the others. :doh:

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The media:

Do you think the people in that video will believe anything the media says unless they're claiming Trump is ahead in the polls by a large margin? Based on what I've read from Trump Supporters on here, the answer to that is no. This is a segment of society where "Tell the truth" actually means "Tell me what I want to hear."

By the way, "The Media" doesn't "control" most of the polls. They just report on them.

However, If you asked me whether I have "a great deal of confidence in the [American] press" I wouldn't give them a passing grade either. But it's for a whole host of other reasons.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you remember 2012 right around this time?

There are several plausible scenarios that would give Barack Obama and Mitt Romney 269 electoral votes each—both one short of the victorious 270.
How many electoral votes did Obama end with? 330 - not even close to the predictors.

and that is from the electoral college site. How much less accurate is the media? You know the ones who said Trump was a joke and will not survive past the top 15.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Uh-huh? What's your point? Are you claiming conspiracy?

pblllt....... even though some would find it adorable, no I am not claiming conspiracy - I am claiming incompetency.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Do you remember 2012 right around this time?

There are several plausible scenarios that would give Barack Obama and Mitt Romney 269 electoral votes each—both one short of the victorious 270.
How many electoral votes did Obama end with? 330 - not even close to the predictors.

Didn't Romney make his 43% comment around September? Pollsters aren't psychics. They're not trying to predict the future, they simply poll to see what people think at the moment.

and that is from the electoral college site. How much less accurate is the media? You know the ones who said Trump was a joke and will not survive past the top 15.

That's a different question. Again, it's not predicting the future, it's trying to see what people say at that moment. Were they accurate at that point in time?

This should be obvious by the way they say "there are scenarios".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Main Stream Media's inability to tell the truth.

I love how the people most up in arms about media dishonesty & incompetence are also the ones most eager to embrace all manner of cockamamey conspiracy theories.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I love how the people most up in arms about media dishonesty & incompetence are also the ones most eager to embrace all manner of cockamamey conspiracy theories.
Did you have Hillary and her "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" obsession in mind there?

Upvote 0