Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Would it be okay MG if I used this thread to post weight loss updates and the like, as mentioned in the Tableville thread?

I was thinking of starting tomorrow, and updating every Sunday, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be focusing mainly on a strict diet to match my sedentary lifestyle more so than getting more exercise(though I will try to get more).
I don't see much point starting a thread that would likely just be me posting 80% of the time.
Please do!

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good day all! I'm sitting a bit too much today, bit I did a bit of lifting this morning, and am about to take a break to hike a bit when I get done with a hw key for the online class I'm teaching.

I'm also going to look for a cool and motivating video to share here, about a person who was able to make a turn around in their life through yoga and exercise. I think the guy in the video used Diamond Dallas Page Yoga. But no matter what form of exercise you like, this is pretty cool.

That really is inspiring. Yoga is a such fantastic way to get into shape, not just physically but also emotionally. You stretch yourself, literally and metaphorically. It's been a part of my daily routine for years. I love acrobatic yoga the most because of the physical challenge of it, the artistry, and the way you develop trust and a bond with your partners. As I wrote about before, my sisters and I really love circus arts, which include acro yoga, and our gushing about it motivated my stepmom to try it. She just turned 40 this year and decided it was time to explore new ventures.

I think her progress is inspiring. She was a dancer in her youth, all the way through undergrad, but stopped in medical school due to a lack of time and energy for it. She decided to renew her love for dance by starting it again, and to combine it with the new pursuit of circus arts and acro yoga. She was determined to learn how to do this move called pointe to hand.

This was back in June:

This was in September:

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
That really is inspiring. Yoga is a such fantastic way to get into shape, not just physically but also emotionally. You stretch yourself, literally and metaphorically. It's been a part of my daily routine for years. I love acrobatic yoga the most because of the physical challenge of it, the artistry, and the way you develop trust and a bond with your partners. As I wrote about before, my sisters and I really love circus arts, which include acro yoga, and our gushing about it motivated my stepmom to try it. She just turned 40 this year and decided it was time to explore new ventures.

I think her progress is inspiring. She was a dancer in her youth, all the way through undergrad, but stopped in medical school due to a lack of time and energy for it. She decided to renew her love for dance by starting it again, and to combine it with the new pursuit of circus arts and acro yoga. She was determined to learn how to do this move called pointe to hand.

This was back in June:

This was in September:

wow! she looks totally relaxed, like it's the easiest thing in the world.
i'll bet it's not!

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Okay, so I'm running a bit late, but the first weigh in came in at 82.5kg.

This...is actually a bit of a relief. I had too much pizza this week, so a stagnant result is good enough for me. Beside, it's not like being pessimistic about things is going to make things any easier.

I doubt the coming week is going to be much better, with a three course restaurant meal on the cards; but I will try.
See if I can push myself to go on a canal walk or two to add a bit of balance(and hope I can make a habit of it).
Seems I should be aiming to lose 600-ish grams a week...I wonder if that's realistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Actually got some walking in today. Yay.
Was out with my brother buying a Birthday card for my mum...
Also bought two incredibly fancy, but naughty birthday cakes.
So...probably not a net positive.
Glad Comic Con is Friday.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Second weigh in came in at 82.1kg.
This is within the margin of daily fluctuation, but, again, this wasn't a good week for me. Though honestly, it wasn't such a bad week either.
Hoping for a more convincing loss next week.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Just reviving to post an update on the whole weight loss thing.
Currently my progress looks like this:
Progress.png
Been okay so far. Though the Christmas season and all it's cakes and sugary treats is making progress difficult. Trying to walk at least seven miles a week. Preferably more.

Hmm.
I feel kinda bad quadruple posting...

EDIT: Also, as I think I may of mentioned in another thread, I've been to Glasgow. Didn't have time to sight see, but did get to be in the audience for a recording of the second new series of Robot Wars. Was a fun adventure, even if a lot of things went wrong and got a bit expensive.
Wouldn't do it again. If only because it seems my fear of flying is still pretty bad.
I'll have to see if my mug makes it into an episode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Hey, thanks for posting here and giving us an update! This time of year is perfect for checking in, as the temptations of Christmas goodies surrounds us!
My parents, of whom's home I am frequenting, lost track of how many cakes they had ordered.
As of now, we have worked it down to 12 and a selection pack of 6 mini cakes. *Sigh*
Looks like I will be actively dieting well into January with all the fashionable people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Conflicted on this weeks weigh in.
Too many cakes on the one hand.
15+ miles of walking on the other(will likely be my best week yet).

I'm guessing I will of lost between 0.6 to 1.2 kg, or in other words lost a slightly below average to an above average amount. Regardless, as long as it falls in that range I'll be happy.

Going out to donate some food to a food bank tomorrow. Always get some unwanted food in the Christmas hamper.
After which I'll be picking up a few bits to have another attempt at an English mustard flavoured curry.
The current recipe looks like this:
250ml Coconut milk(changed from soya single cream)
4 Teaspoons English Mustard(up from 2)
4 Teaspoons Tandoori Curry Powder(up from 2)
1 Onion
200g Chicken(whatever is available)
1 Cup(-ish) White Basmati Rice
Serves 2

No point listing instructions, it's as simple to cook as it looks.
The flavour was too subtle last time, so I'm upping the mustard and curry powder and replacing the soya cream, just in case it was masking the flavour. Still wondering if it will be enough...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Next time will try 3 teaspoons of Mustard and 6 teaspoons of curry powder.
The coconut milk didn't seem to make any difference.

Weigh in came in at 77.2kg, which is a loss of 1.5kg!
Crazy.
Saying that, I always try to weigh myself when I have the least amount of food and water in me(to reduce the impact of variables).
I have since had dinner...Indian takeaway(Chicken Tika Balti, pilau rice and a garlic naan bread). As well as dessert, a few small cream cakes.(and a mug of tea, of course)
Hope I can burn this off by next Sunday...
...wait, that would be Christmas day...hmm, hope I can at least avoid gaining more than 0.5 kg.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Congratulations on the weight drop!
First day on the slopes today, no matter how fit I feel, thr first day of skiing is tough on the quads.
Skiing sure does look like a lark, but being a city person, I am already suspicious of trees; I fear I'm only a tree collision away from turning into a Captain Planet villain.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
*Sigh*
81kg, a gain of 3.8kg or around 5%.
I'm hoping it's because I have a lot of food in my gastrointestinal tract and that most of it will pass.
Guess I will know my the next weigh in...or maybe the one after that. Still got three cakes and a ton of junk food. Will try to pass on most of the junk, but cakes are cakes...

Upvote 0