California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That may be the coolest Christmas gift ever! Thanks for sharing the video.

I didn't notice this post until just now, haha. You're welcome! My love for circus arts has been contagious in my family. My little sisters attend a circus camp in the summers now, and our enthusiasm for it made my stepmom decide to give it a try. She promptly fell in love with it, too. This is a video of her on the Russian barre:

Eventually we're going to get her to try this:
:D

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'd love to take circus classes but I'm really scared of heights. I could never do that stuff up in the air. I don't even like trampolines. I like having my feet on my ground, lol. Running is my favorite thing to do to stay fit. It just takes stress away. I used to play lacrosse & I miss it.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The weather has cooled off enough that I restarted my career as a bicycle commuter. I like riding my bike to work. It puts you in a totally different space then when you're driving your car.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Drums Alive is one of the most versatile and enjoyable programs I've ever participated in. There are programs for seniors, school kids, people with disabilities, and people in nursing homes as well as the general population.

What I love about it is that--for seniors--it is a whole mind-body-spirit thing (my favorite kind of exercise). I am working out, but I can feel the synapses of my brain getting stronger by following the routine and the drumming, using auditory, visual, and kinesthetic cues. And it's a spirit thing because it's so much fun.

This routine is a routine for the general population, but it's low impact and relatively uncomplicated so you can get a good idea what it's all about.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Drums Alive is one of the most versatile and enjoyable programs I've ever participated in. There are programs for seniors, school kids, people with disabilities, and people in nursing homes as well as the general population.

What I love about it is that--for seniors--it is a whole mind-body-spirit thing (my favorite kind of exercise). I am working out, but I can feel the synapses of my brain getting stronger by following the routine and the drumming, using auditory, visual, and kinesthetic cues. And it's a spirit thing because it's so much fun.

This routine is a routine for the general population, but it's low impact and relatively uncomplicated so you can get a good idea what it's all about.

That looks like lots of fun!
I've got one more long run tomorrow, I'm hoping the weather is good, and I'm not too run down from all the craziness of this semester so far!

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, today's run went well, nice weather, lots of hills and steep descents, a good finish time, but at mile 17, 1.3 miles from the finish and on easy terrain, I took an epic fall. I survived, a bit bloody and bruised, and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. However my favorite running tights did not :(
Got some first aid at the finish, but I'm dreading a post race shower and re-dressing the owies. Wine first, I think..

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Well, today's run went well, nice weather, lots of hills and steep descents, a good finish time, but at mile 17, 1.3 miles from the finish and on easy terrain, I took an epic fall. I survived, a bit bloody and bruised, and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. However my favorite running tights did not :(
Got some first aid at the finish, but I'm dreading a post race shower and re-dressing the owies. Wine first, I think..
remembering you in prayer. stay safe! :crossrc::oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Kenny G

Sep 13, 2016
Singapore
✟11,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The weather has cooled off enough that I restarted my career as a bicycle commuter. I like riding my bike to work. It puts you in a totally different space then when you're driving your car.
I ride my bicycle every day. Its good to get out of the house and better than walking. The wind in my face!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I ride my bicycle every day. Its good to get out of the house and better than walking. The wind in my face!

I wish winter wasn't around the corner bc I love biking. We live in Toronto so it's not so fun in the winter. It feels GREAT when it's nice out.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I've thought about this post many times. I'm really enjoying my new career as a bicycle commuter. There's so many advantages to pedaling.

Upvote 0

Kenny G

Sep 13, 2016
Singapore
✟11,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've thought about this post many times. I'm really enjoying my new career as a bicycle commuter. There's so many advantages to pedaling.

Someone thinks of me? That so nice! Sometime I go up to 20 kilometer ride. But recently not. I too lazy! :)

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This morning my plan was to run a 5k and break my personal record...but plans changed a bit...I'm still running it, but I'm bringing my 11 year old. He's struggling a bit.. well more than a bit, with the emotional swings of puberty and we decided this would be a good way for him to find some balance. However, it may still be fast, months of football and soccer may mean he'll outrun me! Either way it's going to be fun!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, we all had fun, and my youngest also decided at the last minute to join us...he's very close to his big brother and didn't want to be left out.
They both did their fastest 5k, we stayed together and finished at about 40 minutes. I needed to be a bit of a cheerleader but I'm glad we all went!

I think it's a good idea if people want to share any weight loss journey stuff on this thread too! Saw that idea in another thread.
I'm up a bit...decent diet and exercise vs menopause is my current battle, and this year menopause got a bit ahead of me....I'm going to gave to keep my eating and wine consumption down just a bit, and I'm going to replace some of my weekend downhill skiing with cross country so I don't start to lose conditioning over the winter like last year....plus our finances are a bit tighter than last year since we bought a car, so no more yummy but not so healthy meals of french fries and mulled wine at the ski hill.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
i would be with you in spirit, but my body says "NO WAY!"
just getting around the house is a challenge now, but i hope to feel better in the comming weeks.
I'm going to venture out for Saturday mass late this afternoon, rather than going to mass tomorrow morning as is my usual routine.
the outside temp will be about 20 degrees warmer today than tomorrow, so i'll bundle up and brave the outdoors today rather than tomorrow.

hopefully i will be able to make it out to the car.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
They both did their fastest 5k, we stayed together and finished at about 40 minutes.
At aged 28, I did 14 km in 1 hour and 5 minutes. Is that impressive?

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Would it be okay MG if I used this thread to post weight loss updates and the like, as mentioned in the Tableville thread?

I was thinking of starting tomorrow, and updating every Sunday, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be focusing mainly on a strict diet to match my sedentary lifestyle more so than getting more exercise(though I will try to get more).
I don't see much point starting a thread that would likely just be me posting 80% of the time.

Upvote 0