United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Millennium means thousand and refers to the thousand years here:

Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

• Agree
Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
(Matthew 28:19-20, 1984 NIV)

We participate in this effort so that God's love will be revealed to more people and some will turn to Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Jim Langston
Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But pay attention to Isho's message to the church (congregation) in Laodicea.

We need to buy from Him 3 things. Find out about in Revelation 3:14-20.

Important message to the church of today.

Where is the true congregation of Yeshua?

I believe many people don't know and we are going to be surprised when He comes back and says:

I don't know you?

Why?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you everyone, for your responses.

i started this thread because this morning, a Bible teacher, who i mostly agree with, was talking about the millenium, and it was like he thought it was a "given", that there is a millenium (a thousand year literal reign) of Christ Himself, sitting on David's throne, and where there will be no more crime, and you can leave your doors unlocked, etc.

i was like "huh?"

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems that the Bible teacher was making his own assumption of what MAY happen during that time.

The devil and his gang will not be around to do their work as they do today: to deceive people to do the wrong thing. Those things that Yahveh hates.

Anyhow, even with the Devil and his squares gone, still there is people left that have evil tendencies. Crime, fraud and evilness will probably decrease but it would take time. May be at the end of the 1,000 literal years this world may start resembling the old Paradise.

But nothing is specifically written about what might happen during that time. There are only suppositions based on past experiences.

Yes, here in the USA in the past you could live things in your yard and nobody stole them. Now they are gone very quickly.

Anyhow, things will get better if the Master of Deception and his friends are not around to subscribe souls for their loosing team.

And then, after the Millennium the final times will come to fructuition.

INTERESTING TIMES

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just before the start of the Millenium, the beast and the false prophet are cast into the lake of fire.

The remnant were killed with the sword of the one seating on the horse and the fowls ate their flesh.

So it seems that all the Devils were terminated, food for the birds.

Then the red dragon is sent to the bottomless pit. Not destroyed as of yet. Chained for a 1,000 years then he will be loosed then he will be sent to the lake of fire to be tormented for ever and ever.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What exactly is "The Millenium"?

1000 years between the 2nd coming of Revelation 19 and the great white throne judgment in Revelation 20.

AFTER the 1000 years are completed the wicked are raised and judged - and suffer the 2nd death according to Revelation 20.

Very easy to read in Revelation 19 and 20.

And that is saying a lot given that some parts of Revelation are in fact difficult. So nice to have the easy chapters mixed in like that.

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How about Revelation 18?

A very interesting chapter that will affect over 1.2 billion in the world.

And those that lead that group do not want to admit that this chapter refers to their religious group.

Other groups also will be surprised when Yeshua tells them that He doesn't know them.

Yeshua will spew out of His mouth at the present church, represented by the Laodicean church.

The present church has to change its attitude and if they do not do it then suffer the consequences.

If your name is not found in the book of life then you'll be thrown in the lake of fire.

IS YOUR NAME WRITTEN THERE????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It ends because it is a specific reign with a rod of iron over the nations. When it ends, Satan is raised from the pit and is able to deceive the nations one last time, then they are destroyed and judgment day begins.

Upvote 0