United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is the purpose of the 1000 years?

He returns to an imperfect, fallen world to "reign"?

For 1000 years?

For what reason?

I already said it's to rule the nations with a rod of iron while Satan is bound. Just read Rev 20.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then after the wedding of Yeshua with the New Jerusalem, not the church (Revelation 21:9-27) yes, not the church. Chapter 22 and the end.

ETERNITY?

Christ marries the church. NJ just represents the church because that's where they will live.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

New Jerusalem is used as a metaphor for it's inhabitants. Christians are the bride:

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

2Co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Rev_17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

If A woman, Babylon, can represent a city of unsaved people then certainly the bride of Christ can also represent a city of saved people.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I already said it's to rule the nations with a rod of iron while Satan is bound. Just read Rev 20.

i've read Revelation 20.

How does a 1000 year millenium fit with the "last day"

When does Christ return to earth with the shout of the archangel?

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The New Jerusalem comes down from Heaven.

Is the church already in Heaven?

If you see its description it looks like a city constructed by glass, precious stones, gates, walls. No souls.

21:24
"And the nation's of them which are SAVED shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it."

That group is the "eklessia" founded by Yeshua (Isho or Easho in Aramaic).

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i've read Revelation 20.

How does a 1000 year millenium fit with the "last day"

The last day before the Mill is the day Christ returns. The last day of this earth age is the last day prior to the eternity.

When does Christ return to earth with the shout of the archangel?

Right before the first resurrection at the 7th trump.

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The head does not marry the body because both of them are together.

So if Yeshua is going to live in the New Jerusalem, He will be there with His "ekklesia", not the church.

Check why I say ekklesia and not church. Many will be surprised that their names will not be found in the book of life.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The head does not marry the body because both of them are together.

So if Yeshua is going to live in the New Jerusalem, He will be there with His "ekklesia", not the church.

Check why I say ekklesia and not church. Many will be surprised that their names will not be found in the book of life.

I've already posted three verses proving Christ marries the church.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The last day before the Mill is the day Christ returns. The last day of this earth age is the last day prior to the eternity.

Right before the first resurrection at the 7th trump.

The last day is the day of judgment.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The last day is the day of judgment.

It's not the only last day though. The last day of this age is the last day before the Millennium. Then the Millennial age begins which last 1000 years and then the last day of this earth age is the day of judgment.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's not the only last day though. The last day of this age is the last day before the Millennium. Then the Millennial age begins which last 1000 years and then the last day of this earth age is the day of judgment.

In what manner does Christ return to earth at the millenium?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In what manner does Christ return to earth at the millenium?

I'm not sure what you mean by "what manner" but he returns before the Millennium begins.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not sure what you mean by "what manner" but he returns before the Millennium begins.

His only return is described at the last day, the day of judgment, when every eye shall behold Him and He returns with the shout of the archangel.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
His only return is described at the last day, the day of judgment, when every eye shall behold Him and He returns with the shout of the archangel.

No, he returns long before the day of judgment according to Rev 19-20 and Matthew 24 and other scriptures.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brinny, I'll try to be as concise as possible.

The Millennium (note: two "n"s) is a 1,000-year period of relative peace here on earth when Christ is reigning from Jerusalem. It begins after the public, physical return of Christ described in Rev. 19. At the start of the Millennium, the only inhabitants of earth will be saved people and resurrected people. The 1,000 years will be a time when the as-yet unfulfilled promised to Israel will be fulfilled. The enemy will be bound during this time, but there will still be people living, having babies, and still having the sinful Adamic nature.

At the end of the Millennium, satan will be released and gather a coalition of those who haven't received Christ as Lord. This coalition will go up to attack Jerusalem, but fire will come down from heaven and consume them (Rev. 20:9).

After this will come the Great White Throne judgment, and the new heaven and new earth will be created. Then all the saved of all time will have resurrected bodies and we will live on the new earth for eternity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Brinny, I'll try to be as concise as possible.

The Millennium (note: two "n"s) is a 1,000-year period of relative peace here on earth when Christ is reigning from Jerusalem. It begins after the public, physical return of Christ described in Rev. 19. At the start of the Millennium, the only inhabitants of earth will be saved people and resurrected people. The 1,000 years will be a time when the as-yet unfulfilled promised to Israel will be fulfilled. The enemy will be bound during this time, but there will still be people living, having babies, and still having the sinful Adamic nature.

At the end of the Millennium, satan will be released and gather a coalition of those who haven't received Christ as Lord. This coalition will go up to attack Jerusalem, but fire will come down from heaven and consume them (Rev. 20:9).

After this will come the Great White Throne judgment, and the new heaven and new earth will be created. Then all the saved of all time will have resurrected bodies and we will live on the new earth for eternity.
I agree,

It is also mentioned that people who survive the tribulation will be the only humans who will be alive on the earth. They will live under Christs reign and they will have lives as long as the life of trees. If they die younger, it will be a disgrace. Isa. 65:20.

All the people who were saved by the blood of Christ, before and during the tribulation, will serve with Christ during this reign. This will be a time of unheard of righteousness on the earth.The curses given at the time of Adam will be lifted. There will be no war, no sickness.

I could go on but this article explains it in detail, with all the pertinent scripture references.....

Read this and be blessed.

https://bible.org/seriespage/15-second-coming-christ-and-millennial-kingdom

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But pay attention to Isho's message to the church (congregation) in Laodicea.

We need to buy from Him 3 things. Find out about in Revelation 3:14-20.

Important message to the church of today.

Where is the true congregation of Yeshua?

I believe many people don't know and we are going to be surprised when He comes back and says:

I don't know you?

Why?
Who is "Isho" and what is this message we should pay attention to?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Man kinds reign on earth is about 6,000 years.

1. The first world - From Adam to Noah - 4300 - 2644 BC - About 1,650 years
2. The second world - From Noah to Christ - 2644 BC to 0 AD - About 2,650 years
3. The third world - From Christ to Anti-Christ. The church ages. 0 AD to 2060 AD - If Isaac Newton's prophecy is right

1,650 + 2,650 + 2060 = 6,360

The number of perfection is 7. So I would think that the Lord would have designed this planet to be in existence 7,000 years. As 6,360 is short of 7,000 the Lord (God the Father) will throw in a millennial of peace and give Christ the reigns of leadership.

After that everything will be dissolved and God will do something else with it! We will have to place our trust in the imagination of God to find out what this will be.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What exactly is "The Millenium"?

Nobody is in agreement on that one . All we can do for you is explain our own position on the matter and you will need to read everything for yourself and make your own decision. People get very adamant about what they think is going to happen.
This is my view---there are others:
2Th_2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
Zep 1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
Zep 1:15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
Zep 1:16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
Zep 1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
Zep 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

When Jesus returns the saved dead are resurrected, those that are alive are changed and all go to Jesus in the clouds to be with Him. The wicked are destroyed, the heavens and the earth are destroyed and left empty and void---What is there left to reign over??
We go to the New Jerusalem with Jesus to the Holy City for the 1000 years. After the 1000 years is the judgment of the wicked. Death and hell are cast into the lake of fire. After that, we and the city come down after the earth and heaven are remade.
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
It is symbolized with the 7th year of rest for the land:
Lev 25:3 Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof;
Lev 25:4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.
Lev 25:5 That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land.
The 7th day Sabbath also points to that rest.

• Agree
Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0