The Millenium.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is in agreement on that one . All we can do for you is explain our own position on the matter and you will need to read everything for yourself and make your own decision. People get very adamant about what they think is going to happen.
This is my view---there are others:
2Th_2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
Zep 1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
Zep 1:15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
Zep 1:16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
Zep 1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
Zep 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

When Jesus returns the saved dead are resurrected, those that are alive are changed and all go to Jesus in the clouds to be with Him. The wicked are destroyed, the heavens and the earth are destroyed and left empty and void---What is there left to reign over??
We go to the New Jerusalem with Jesus to the Holy City for the 1000 years. After the 1000 years is the judgment of the wicked. Death and hell are cast into the lake of fire. After that, we and the city come down after the earth and heaven are remade.
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
It is symbolized with the 7th year of rest for the land:
Lev 25:3 Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof;
Lev 25:4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.
Lev 25:5 That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land.
The 7th day Sabbath also points to that rest.

What do you make of the devil deceiving the nations at the end of the Millenium time?
This is like a battle.
Is this a battle in heaven?
The Scriptures say that those who are beheaded for Christ LIVE and reign with Christ a thousand years. How do you interpret being dead in heaven as being alive?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What do you make of the devil deceiving the nations at the end of the Millenium time?
This is like a battle.
The Scriptures say that those who are beheaded for Christ LIVE and reign with Christ a thousand years. How do you interpret being dead in heaven as being alive?

Just what it says--the devil is let loose, the evil are resurrected for judgement, Satan gathers all the evil ones for that one last attempt to gain control of the city that is coming down from God. Every wicked person ever born will be on his side and they will all be destroyed.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@JacksBratt

Isho is Jesus name in Syrian/Aramaic.

Isho spoke Aramaic. Maybe this is the language spoken in Heaven, his Kingdom, Paradise.

In Revelation, He gave a message to today's church (ekklesia=assembly) and advised the Laodicean church to buy 3 things from Him:

1. Refined gold in the fire,
2. White linen,
3. Eye salve.

He also criticized the Laodicean that they were rich and that they did not need anything, that they were naked and blind.

If the church of today does not buy those things and changes its ways, then they will not enter His rest.

Jesus (Isho) gave a very strong message to today's congregation and our leaders should pay attention to it and make CHANGES.

I believe that today's church is like the toad that was seating so comfortably in the famous warming pot. And the pot started to get warmer and warmer. He used a lot of his energy to adapt to the increased heat until it got really HOT and did not have enough energy to get out of the pit and it got cooked.

DO WE WANT TO GET COOKED???

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
@JacksBratt

Isho is Jesus name in Syrian/Aramaic.

Isho spoke Aramaic. Maybe this is the language spoken in Heaven, his Kingdom, Paradise.

In Revelation, He gave a message to today's church (ekklesia=assembly) and advised the Laodicean church to buy 3 things from Him:

1. Refined gold in the fire,
2. White linen,
3. Eye salve.

He also criticized the Laodicean that they were rich and that they did not need anything, that they were naked and blind.

If the church of today does not buy those things and changes its ways, then they will not enter His rest.

Jesus (Isho) gave a very strong message to today's congregation and our leaders should pay attention to it and make CHANGES.

I believe that today's church is like the toad that was seating so comfortably in the famous warming pot. And the pot started to get warmer and warmer. He used a lot of his energy to adapt to the increased heat until it got really HOT and did not have enough energy to get out of the pit and it got cooked.

DO WE WANT TO GET COOKED???
Can you show me where He told us to buy these things?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is like a battle.

The devil is locked up for the millennium. This is when the population will multiply and live, untempted by Satan and his forces.
However, at the end, he will be released for a short time in order to tempt and deceive those who are not true to their King, Christ.

Many will be deceived.

The people who live during the millennial reign of Christ will be judged at the end of the millennium. They will be judged along with all those not raptured, if their name is in the book of life they will live forever with us for eternity on the new earth with the new heaven.

No, this will take place on earth. The same earth we live on. The earth that Christ reigns over for the millennium. Not as much a battle, it is Satan deceiving these people as he does to us today.

The people who are beheaded will have had this happen during the tribulation. They will have been in heaven, after their murders, and will have incorruptible bodies.

The humans that are raptured and the martyrs from during the tribualtion will all have eternally perfect and incorruptible bodies. They will have been judged already by Christ as well. These people will return at the second coming of Christ, at Armageddon, to fight the final battle, before the millennial reign of Christ. Then, during the millennial reign of Christ they will serve Christ in His kingdom one earth. This is how the dead in heaven are talked about as being alive.

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@JacksBratt

Revelation 3:18

18. "I council thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that though mayest be rich; and white rainment, that though mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not sppear; and anoint thine eyes with eye-salve, that though mayest see.

And also on verse 19 He tells us to change. Repentance means to change of our present ways, I should say our present attitude.

19. "Ss many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

Very strong words. Go and find out what "REALLY" is the meaning of those 3 things, specially the eye-salve.

We need to pay attention to those things in the word of Yahweh that may seem to us to be of no importance but in God's message they are very, very important.

THE LITTLE DETAILS MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, this will take place on earth. The same earth we live on. The earth that Christ reigns over for the millennium. Not as much a battle, it is Satan deceiving these people as he does to us today.

Well, I wasn't asking generally as if I didn't know the answer to the question. I was asking him what he thought the Millenium was.

I believe the Millennium is a literal 1,000 year reign of Christ here upon this Earth after this Earth is purified by fire after Christ's Second Coming. Believers who were beheaded during the Tribulation will be resurrected physically to live in the Millennium.

I have provided an End Times Chronology to show all this here:

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/a-chronology-of-the-end-times.7968404/

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just what it says--the devil is let loose, the evil are resurrected for judgement, Satan gathers all the evil ones for that one last attempt to gain control of the city that is coming down from God. Every wicked person ever born will be on his side and they will all be destroyed.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Hmmm.... not sure what you believe again in regards to the Millennium.

Just break it down for me in simple words.
What is the Millennium?
How long does it last?
Are believers physically alive on the Earth during the 1,000 year reign of Christ?

Upvote 0

amadeois

Aug 5, 2016
US
✟16,764.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is said that your name was there since the beginning.

Yahweh knows EVERYTHING.

Then, Yahweh gave us free will knowing what was going to happen to us.

He knows from the beginning if our name is going to be written in the book of life.

How can you know NOW if you have done the correct thing (by God's standard and not yours) to have your name in that book???

I believe, many will be totally surprised. Yeshua will tell them, I do not know you.

ARE YOU A TRUE FRIEND OF ISHO (YESHUA)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The devil is locked up for the millennium. This is when the population will multiply and live, untempted by Satan and his forces.
However, at the end, he will be released for a short time in order to tempt and deceive those who are not true to their King, Christ.

Many will be deceived.

The people who live during the millennial reign of Christ will be judged at the end of the millennium. They will be judged along with all those not raptured, if their name is in the book of life they will live forever with us for eternity on the new earth with the new heaven.

The people who are beheaded will have had this happen during the tribulation. They will have been in heaven, after their murders, and will have incorruptible bodies.

The humans that are raptured and the martyrs from during the tribualtion will all have eternally perfect and incorruptible bodies. They will have been judged already by Christ as well. These people will return at the second coming of Christ, at Armageddon, to fight the final battle, before the millennial reign of Christ. Then, during the millennial reign of Christ they will serve Christ in His kingdom one earth. This is how the dead in heaven are talked about as being alive.
Where do we buy these things and what do we do with them?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But the most important thing for us to consider is:

IS OUR NAME WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE?????
I thought that everyone's name was written in the book of life and it was stroked out if you were not saved and did not believe.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What exactly is "The Millenium"?

As I'm lead to understand, the 1,000-year reign occurs sometime in the future. This begins when the "enemies" of Christ are made into His "footstool" through the Spirit working in the "elected ones"; the "saved" are made manifest before the world (Romans 8:19), so there is no longer any possibility of deception since all of the world will know who is approved by God to handle the Word of God.

This then begins a reign of communion with the "saved" now in their manifested "immortality" beginning to cleanse the world of all ignorance and lies, and it is a great time of teaching called the "Day of the Lord" (which day is 1,000 years in length; this being why Peter uses the phrase 1,000 years: 2 Peter 3:8: and why John says he was in the spirit on "the Lord's 'day'": Revelation 1:10)

During this "millennium" the "elements/rudiments": Colossians 2:8, Galatians 4:3, 2 Peter 3:10: are "purged/dissolved" by the "fire" of the Word of God being taught to all nations without deception.

This reign ends when the world has been reconciled, and brought into perfection through this reign: 1 Corinthians 15:23-25, 1 Corinthians 15:26: thus at the opening of the 1,000 years few will be "saved" or "life-giving spirits" having put on "incorruption"; and the rest will remain in a state of "death" until the end of the reign when they will have also "put on incorruption" and so "death is swallowed up by life": 1 Corinthians 15:54, 2 Corinthians 5:4, 1 Corinthians 15:28

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm.... not sure what you believe again in regards to the Millennium.

Just break it down for me in simple words.
What is the Millennium?
How long does it last?
Are believers physically alive on the Earth during the 1,000 year reign of Christ?

I did break it down, with verses. Perhaps you could reread the post. But, it is clear what the millennium is--- 1000 years that God reigns with the saved. It does not state, reigns on this earth, nor does it state, reigns in the new Jerusalem. Either point of view must be taken from other verses. I already gave mine for why I believe it is in heaven, while the earth rests after it's destruction at His 2nd coming.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I thought that everyone's name was written in the book of life and it was stroked out if you were not saved and did not believe.

Rev_3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev_17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Rev_20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev_21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Rev_22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
@JacksBratt

Now is your turn.

Where did you get the idea that every name was written in the book of life and what do you have to do to get your name erased?

Any verses in the word of Yahweh?
I didn't get the idea. I have no evidence for it. I was asking a question as I thought that since every human born has the ability to obtain salvation, that when you are conceived your name is written in the book of life. If you don't accept Christs gift of eternal life by faith, your name is removed.

This is the only reason, that I can see, for the Bible to state that your name can be removed. If we are saved once and for all and cannot lose our salvation, what reason would our name be removed for? Thus, if I cannot lose my salvation, my name cannot be blotted out unless I blaspheme the Holy spirit or I was never saved in the first place.

No biggy really, just semantics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
@JacksBratt

Now is your turn.

Where did you get the idea that every name was written in the book of life and what do you have to do to get your name erased?

Any verses in the word of Yahweh?
Just as an aside... if you ht the "reply" button on the bottom right of the post, it will show the poster and the quote that you are commenting on. This aides myself and others understand exactly what you are commenting on.

Also if you type this bracket [ then right the word "quote" followed by and equal sign and then type the posters name, close with another ] bracket. This will go at the beginning of the quote. At the end use [ followed by a forward slash "/" write the word "quote" follow with ] and this will go at the end of the quote.

Do this and it will appear as this:

amadeois said:
Learning how to post quotes of other posters

Upvote 0