The law of non contradiction proves the Bible to be true.

Isaacsname

Aug 5, 2012
Earth
✟1,413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Anagrams can be traced back to the time of Moses, as "Themuru" or changing, which was to find the hidden and mystical meaning in names (wiki)

Temurah { substitution } is one of the Kodashim { 5th order of the Mishna }, the 6th tractate to be specific

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is contradiction, and false prophecies, in the bible. Google it.
When you make a joke you are suppose to add a smile face. Of course the skeptics, scoffers and infidels have google filled with their propaganda.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Temurah { substitution } is one of the Kodashim { 5th order of the Mishna }, the 6th tractate to be specific
I wonder if a Temurah is similar to a DNA frameshift. The Hebrews consider ancient Hebrew to be the language of God. Today leading expert Frances Collins considers DNA to be the language of God.

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if a Temurah is similar to a DNA frameshift. The Hebrews consider ancient Hebrew to be the language of God. Today leading expert Frances Collins considers DNA to be the language of God.

So, a people consider themselves to be the chosen of their God, and their language to be the language their God speaks. Wow, I bet that has never happened before in human history.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also say that you probably have a high brain speed.
I don't know but I have a lot of problems with seeing a lot of details. I am like a horse that needs blinders to keep from being sidetracked. It happens that we are driving and I make a comment about something on a bill board and most of the time people never noticed it. Other people just do not get distracted by all the details the way I do.

Upvote 0

Isaacsname

Aug 5, 2012
Earth
✟1,413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Math, is the language of God, imo. Or at least the closest thing to absolute truth that is a bridge between man and God

We are limited by natural and symbolic languages { See the work of Alfred Korzybski and Kurt Godel, for starters }

It is a paradox that reveals the limits of what we can actually probe

Math is how we prove things true / false, that's why math proofs stay true forever

This is why Jews love gematria { not all currently, but this was a huge thing with ancient rabbis and sages }

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
When you make a joke you are suppose to add a smile face. Of course the skeptics, scoffers and infidels have google filled with their propaganda.
What? So who killed Goliath was the David or was it Elhanan? Or do you resolve this by creating a new narrative wherein there's now two different "Goliath's" one killed by David and the other Elhanan? Either the bible contains a contradiction or it requires to be synthesized in a very particular way in order to avoid contradiction. If the latter then the statement "the bible doesn't contain contradiction" is not an observation but a hermeneutical method.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I know that. What makes you think I not know that?

Hi,

Then I was in error. I thought you meant that God does see everything, when you said He can see everything.

That is what I was responding to. I am sorry if I have hurt you in any way. Really.

LOVE,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't know but I have a lot of problems with seeing a lot of details. I am like a horse that needs blinders to keep from being sidetracked. It happens that we are driving and I make a comment about something on a bill board and most of the time people never noticed it. Other people just do not get distracted by all the details the way I do.

Hi,

Yes that is consistent with high brain speed. Do you know what others will say sometimes before they say it?

LOVE,

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
What? So who killed Goliath was the David or was it Elhanan? Or do you resolve this by creating a new narrative wherein there's now two different "Goliath's" one killed by David and the other Elhanan? Either the bible contains a contradiction or it requires to be synthesized in a very particular way in order to avoid contradiction. If the latter then the statement "the bible doesn't contain contradiction" is not an observation but a hermeneutical method.

Hi,

It seems as though it is handled this was by some: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elhanan_son_of_Jair

LOVE,

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Yes that is consistent with high brain speed. Do you know what others will say sometimes before they say it?

LOVE,
I can finish what my wife is trying to say but not my son. What is neat is when I have a conversation with people without ever saying a word. Then I know what they are thinking and they know what I am thinking.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, a people consider themselves to be the chosen of their God, and their language to be the language their God speaks. Wow, I bet that has never happened before in human history.
Really, what do you think the odds are on something like that happening? I think the point that they try to make is that Hebrew is the language that God used to create all other languages.

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Really, what do you think the odds are on something like that happening?

99.99%

I think the point that they try to make is that Hebrew is the language that God used to create all other languages.

Yeah, every God uses the language of the people who invented him/her. It would be a tad silly if people invented a God and it spoke a different language, one that nobody understood. Did you see the Life of Brian? Even Monty Python wasn't that silly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I can finish what my wife is trying to say but not my son. What is neat is when I have a conversation with people without ever saying a word. Then I know what they are thinking and they know what I am thinking.

Hi,

For the wife that is another clue. With your son, that makes sense also.

Please elaborate on communication method noted or used, in wordless conversations.

Again, sentence two should sound wierd, as it is researchy.

LOVE,

If you are older, do you doubt your own sanity at times?

If you are older, do you personally think you are of low intelligence at times?

If you are older, do you sometimes think you are lazy, or "know" you are?

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not true. What you believe about what I believe about the Bible is untrue.
I have never met an atheist that understood the message God has for us in the Bible. They can not because they do not have the Holy Spirit of God to guide them and to lead them into all of the truth.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I have never met an atheist that understood the message God has for us in the Bible. They can not because they do not have the Holy Spirit of God to guide them and to lead them into all of the truth.

Have you ever met a Christian who understood the Bible exactly the same as you?

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Have you ever met a Christian who understood the Bible exactly the same as you?

I hate it when people pretend to have such a high view of scripture and actively ignore what academics say about it...

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus laid down His life for us. We are not required to die for Him, that would be justification by works.
Wouldn't it make more sense for good people to go to heaven rather than believers, given that the two don't always go together? It makes more sense morally.

Upvote 0