So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The killing of trophy animals has to stop!

SCGzBTJ.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Around here, people hunt squirrels for food. I have no qualms about that as long as they do so safely and according to local ordinances. People need to eat, and things get pretty thin around here sometimes. But if someone lured half tame squirrels out of a state park with handfuls of peanuts and then blew their trusting little heads off just for giggles, I would be infuriated.

Cecil even more so, as his magnificence was a thing of inestimable value.

My granddaddy used to step out on the back porch with his .22 in the morning and shoot a squirrel. Ten minutes later, he'd have squirrel brains and scrambled eggs cooking on the stove.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
says who? It is even worse than murder for me. There are much less lions than humans.
Says the english language. Murder is the unlawful or brutal killing of a human being. Animals are not humans, they cannot be murdered.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
No concern for how the death of Cecil would affect the other lions in the park...no concern for the fact that Cecil was in a national park.

It was a senseless and cold blooded killing of a beautiful and majestic animal. I hope the memory of what he did haunts him for the rest of his life.

Reactions: FreeSpirit74
Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Murder is a legal term and only applies to the killing of humans.

different countries habe different legal terms. Germany even plans to remove the word "murder" completly from law. Which would place this vrime on the same level as what this psycho did.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why?

Cats shouldn't live their lives enclosed in a house.

On the OP, I find little sympathy for the lion. They are often brutal, merciless killers. A male lion like Cecil taking over a pride will butcher the previous males young to further assert his dominance and to encourage the females to breed with him.

My only objection is that the hunting of any animal should be done with respect, and the fatal shot should be a high velocity round to the head or heart to kill the animal as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

did you just push human morals on an animal and meassure its worth according to that? sorry but is that meant as a joke?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Says the courts that define murder in a legal sense.

While I agree with you that it is immoral, I disagree that it is murder on the basis that the definition of murder doesn't fit.

since when rule your courts german law? In germany and europe in genetal we see animals as living beings, some of them get human rights. like primates and dolphins. Which make it very much murder

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
since when rule your courts german law? In germany and europe in genetal we see animals as living beings, some of them get human rights. like primates and dolphins. Which make it very much murder
Well I'm sorry, I missed the part where you said you were speaking of German court rulings. Either way, the crime was committed in Zimbabwe and so, your German laws regarding murder still wouldn't apply to this case.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
different countries habe different legal terms. Germany even plans to remove the word "murder" completly from law. Which would place this vrime on the same level as what this psycho did.
I'm assuming Germany will soon be banning the consumption of meat, correct? It must be so difficult being a vegetarian German.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can't murder a lion.

Some people like to hunt big game.

It's his money to do with as he pleases.

This has gotten a huge amount of press world wide and especially in the Twin Cities where I live.

Palmer is a well known trouble maker who uses his wealth to get out of trouble he has caused in the past. Hunting illegally, sexual harassment, and other problems have cost him over $100,000 in fines and settlements. But this is small change to him.

He pretends to be innocent in this case but he has always done that in the past. He killed a majestic creature and deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law upon conviction.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I'm sorry, I missed the part where you said you were speaking of German court rulings. Either way, the crime was committed in Zimbabwe and so, your German laws regarding murder still wouldn't apply to this case.

Zimbabwe is ruled by dictator mugabe. comsidering the blownack of this crime and mugabe being a populist it is most likely that this case will be brought on the highest level.

beside that, we need no courts here. That psycho is already put on the death panel. His renomee crushed, his business closed down, his income ruined and his life in shatters. The internet court has ruled and decided. Thats the good thing about the 21st century. scumbags like him get what they deserve. complete social annihilation.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't remember if someone else already brought this up, but the guy who killed Cecil has been fined for illegally killing animals before (so far found info involving a black bear). There's also a picture of him posing with another hunter next do a dead white rhino, but I can't find whether he's the one who killed it or not.

I also didn't know that this lion was collared and part of a study. He not only illegally lured the lion out of the park, but he also illegally removed the collar.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
^I do. Well, maybe not equally but I do find it an unsettling practice and think it should be discouraged at the very least.

"Even when we slaughter an animal for food, we must do so in the best, most humane manner possible. The Prophet (peace be upon him)) said, “When you kill, you should kill well, and when you slaughter, you should slaughter well. Sharpen your knife and give relief to your slaughtered animal. [Sunan Abî Dâwûd]"

"We cannot even kill insects except if they cause harm to us in some way, and then we may kill them only to the extent that we must in order to safeguard ourselves from their harm. Evidence for this is that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “A prophet once sat under a tree when he got bitten by an ant so he burnt the ant’s village. Allah inspired to him: Why not only one ant?” [Sahîh Muslim]" Source

Plus, fish in your average lake (generally have the characteristics of r-selection species) don't have much of a population crisis and many reproduce often and easily. Lions (a K-selection species) don't reproduce in large numbers. Then there's the fact that lions look cuddly.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why don't we get equally upset about sport fishing?
IMHO, in the case of endangered fish, people should get more upset. However, a lion is far closer to a human in terms of cognition and sense of self than any fish. We might not agree that killing a lion is the same as killing a human being, but it's certainly closer to it than killing a fish.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Zimbabwe is ruled by dictator mugabe. comsidering the blownack of this crime and mugabe being a populist it is most likely that this case will be brought on the highest level.

beside that, we need no courts here. That psycho is already put on the death panel.

The rule of law is so over rated.

Upvote 0