United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BeamMeUpScotty said:
If you believe in miracles, that's fine and your right. But if you do, why do you keep trying to explain the flood in naturalistic terms? Naturedidit?
Who, me? Since when do I explain the flood in naturalistic terms? I like to think I explain the flood in Biblical terms first, and then natural terms.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BeamMeUpScotty said:
Again, if you believe God accomplished the flood story with miracles, why do you try to explain it in natural terms (i.e., without God)?
You must have me confused with someone else.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fromdownunder said:
Panderson, that's fine by me, and if you wish to say it in an apologetic forum, I will not argue at all.

But when people say there was a world wide flood, and bring such arguments to the table in a science forum, that is when (and the only time) I will ask for evidence.

In theology/mataphysics/apologetics forum "God did it" is enough for me to bow out. It cannot be falsified. In a science forum, I am afraid it is not.

Norm
This is not a science forum --- it is a Christian forum. You "scientists" are the visitors here. We just put up with you guys because you have a modicum of entertainment value.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
AV1611VET said:
Who, me? Since when do I explain the flood in naturalistic terms? I like to think I explain the flood in Biblical terms first, and then natural terms.
Well, back to my OP, care to account for the heat issue and why God never mentioned solving any of those problems in the Bible? And why he would go to such lengths to exterminate a bunch of animals?

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
AV1611VET said:
This is not a science forum --- it is a Christian forum. You "scientists" are the visitors here.
No, this is the debate forum. The Christian only forums are a bit higher. This is the discussion of Creation vs. Evolution - a scientific forum. And many Christians here are scientists. Stop with your inane generalizing about scientists all being evil atheists.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
AV1611VET said:

and,

If you guys dismiss outright Jesus walking on water, don't expect us to discuss buoyancy laws, specific gravity, etc.

So why do you even bring up these scientific terms if you believe a miracle took place? True though, you don't discuss them.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pete Harcoff said:
's funny, I was always under impression that America was founded by British colonists who wanted out from under the thumb of the British monarchy at the time (that whole taxation thing).
America was founded by Pilgrims who launched from the Netherlands.

I guess they teach different history lessons where you come from, huh?
Ya --- we gotta correct other peoples' errors all the time.

Then why do creationists keep paying lip service to the notion that creationism is somehow scientific?
Because God and Science do not (repeat: do not) conflict. Science obyes God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:
What is this, the law of convenience? So science is not made up of atheists, they are all God Fearing Christians?
Many of them are. Do you live in your own little world where everyone is an atheist or a christian?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Self Improvement said:
Many of them are.

So, science is not made up of atheists and yet many of them are atheists.

Do you live in your own little world where everyone is an atheist or a christian?
Most every one we know is a christian. We mostly associate with the filipino american association and the vast majority of filipino's are christian. In fact it is considered one of the few christian nations in Asia.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jase said:
Well, back to my OP, care to account for the heat issue...
No --- that's your burden.

...and why God never mentioned solving any of those problems in the Bible?
That's real cute. Like God owes us an explanation for anything.

And why he would go to such lengths to exterminate a bunch of animals?
Those animals died due to the universal effect of sin. Something scientists conveniently don't talk about.

Assuming, of course, you meant the dinosaurs. A lot of them probably died out in what scientists like to call the "Ice Age".

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jase said:
No, this is the debate forum. The Christian only forums are a bit higher. This is the discussion of Creation vs. Evolution - a scientific forum. And many Christians here are scientists. Stop with your inane generalizing about scientists all being evil atheists.
No --- this is not the debate forum, either. Neither is it the Creation vs. Evolution scientific forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BeamMeUpScotty said:
So why do you even bring up these scientific terms if you believe a miracle took place? True though, you don't discuss them.
Once again, Science and God do not conflict.

Have you read my interpretation of 2 Peter 3:10,12?

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
AV1611VET said:
Once again, Science and God do not conflict.

Have you read my interpretation of 2 Peter 3:10,12?

No, I haven't read your interpretation.

Do you believe in miracles? By a miracle I mean an occurance in the natural world that was caused by a supernatural entity which thereby places the occurance beyond the descriptive powers of science. If you do, then you can believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible (esp., Noah's ark). If you don't believe in miracles, then, no you can't reconcile the Bible being 100% scientifically accurate.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
AV1611VET said:
America was founded by Pilgrims who launched from the Netherlands.

Off topic, but have you ever heard of Jamestown? 1607 occured before 1620, unless in your weird "appeance of age" worldview it actually occured later.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
AV1611VET said:
Assuming, of course, you meant the dinosaurs. A lot of them probably died out in what scientists like to call the "Ice Age".

None of them died out in any of the recent Ice Ages. They were all gone after the end of the Cretaceous.

Yet another problem for your Omphalos Universe.

Upvote 0