May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where?
And who are they?

Half the waiting virgins go into the wedding feast to celebrate the wedding and the door is shut.
Half the waiting virgins go buy oil.
Since the door is shut, what happens afterwards -after they get oil?

Where do they buy oil and what do they pay for it?
who are they?

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been interested in the 50% figure here and in the quick references in Mt 24 to the flood and Lot. In the most immediate realm of its meaning it would have to do with the DofJ. As a warning about not being decisive in such situations, about trying to hang on to something someone should let go of.

You can't wait in the dark or do anything in the dark without it, so you need it for that.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The virgins without the oil in their lamps cannot go in and must go buy it from the sellers.
While they are gone, the door is shut.
They do get oil, but the door is shut and they cannot go in.

Matthew 25:
1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The oil is symbolic of the Holy Spirit, which is God's anointing. The 5 foolish virgins are not saved...:thumbsup:

This is very much like the parable of the wheat and tares...what you have is false believers!!!

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the Mt 25 placement of this parable, to me, connects organically with Rev 17-18, which in one view has the DofJ (the unfaithful wife) happen just before the wedding. The same thing seems true here. That's why there is the warning of 50% losses just like 24:40+, right before the 1st warning to pay attention. (The "taken" here means taken off to die as in 39).

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ten are all virgins. The five foolish virgins are not harlots, but they have no oil.
I agree that the Holy Spirit is the Oil, but the Messiah oil, meaning Christ, and meaning the new birth, but after the five wise virgins go in, where do the five foolish virgins get oil?
Who are the sellers of oil after the rapture of the five wise virgins?

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the harlot reference was about making the two parallel, not calling the virgins harlots (not many are). The cut off point (the closed door) is not necessarily the rapture. That would be reading the text with a case of rapturitis. The 1st and historical meaning of Mt 24A is the DofJ. Every commentator I know says yes, there are similarities between the DofJ and the 2nd coming, but the thing takes its shape and seriousness and urgency from the DofJ. It is very likely he was warning them about laxing along with the rest of the Judean population, since the warnings are about deception, persecution (which makes some people cave in) and then the signal to leave.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ie, the DofJ sets the tone and stage and the warnings following up should be read as though about that as well. By nature, the same warnings can apply to the 2nd coming.

Not every cut off point in the Bible is about the rapture. That is obsessive to think that way.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where?
And who are they?

Half the waiting virgins go into the wedding feast to celebrate the wedding and the door is shut.

who are they?

They are the wicked servants described in the rest of that particular chapter. They "buy oil" by taking care of the sick and poor.
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where?
And who are they?

who are they?

The foolish are on the West compass,
They are females
They are goats
They are foolish because they have no spiritual discernment and this is why God said that the man is the woman's head covering because He directs the female through the Jungle but she didn't like where the man was leading her, she became attracted to an exotic beast (another man) and the 'REST'-(Covenant) is history.

There will be no females in the first resurrection and this is brunt of the Rude Awakening. They will be awakened and they will get back in order just as Jesus told satan, git along lil doggy, get back in ORDER BEHIND the Son of Man, Christ.

Eve came from a portion of Adam and His rib is 1 part of 7, which is Eve. She wasn't taken from His side to show that they are equal; this lie is what is killing every soul on earth and has condemned every man, woman and child, and has them walking through the fire each and every moment they live and breathe. Sting mocks this in his popular song, 'Every Move You Make, I'll Be Watching You', and this is really God trying to save the damsel in distress (present distress in the Land). The twist in the song says that God is lost without a trace because the woman turned from him; God knows all things...

The Prince comes and kisses the woman and she becomes Snow White, and NOT BEFORE!!! Walt Disney is the mind of satan himself. God is coming to clean out the Ark and repair, raise it upright, man it with a sailing crew and guide it home to the Promised Land with the men and women who submit to the Lord.

The women are caught up, this means for them to get back in Order and their position trails the man, and the Tarzan leads the way through the Jungle instead of Jane.

Every story, and more than I can count are mocking this Rude Awakening just to brainwash the men so that they fail their mission, this ONE.

This coming event is the most important to God and satan and knowing that it is the final end and battle of the sexes that it will get very nasty and the women will fight the truth to the death.

And a great delusion has blinded the nature of this battle from the natural eyes, God did say that some would understand and some not, this means also men and women, the first resurrection and the second. The woman will learn that she is lost without the man leading her in God's Order, and this will shock the world.

All men and women who don't accept this are those who are cut-off from the Vine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where?
And who are they?

who are they?

IMHO the ten virgins represent the Church at the end of the age.There are a lot of church people who do not believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit which is promised in the gospels. Yes it takes the Holy Spirit drawing us to Jesus, but a lot of people just think that is all that is needed. There are a lot of people on this very forum who do not understand this. It is the Holy Spirit that is indwelling our bodies . The Bible says our bodies are temples for the Holy Spirit of God. I guess you could liken the body to a vessel. So the five wise virgins are those who submit to the baptism in the Holy Spirit and the five foolish are those who did not. Remember the parable of the sower.

Matt.13:
3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus explained it this way

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Where did they go to get oil? They had to go to God who supplied their need, but it happens after the door is shut to the wedding feast. They were not ready to enter with the Bridegroom when He came. That is what will happen to all of these people who want to put any man before Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

peterlindner

returning from journey
Mar 1, 2013
✟17,238.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First 8 words has the answer. "Then....Likened". Likened is "compared to". In churches and in discussion forums the Kingdom will be likened to Good vs. Bad. The Catholic church has made a mint on these 14 verses.

Likened is NOT "Is".

The real Kingdom comes is verse 15. "The Kingdom IS".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The ten are all virgins. The five foolish virgins are not harlots, but they have no oil.
I agree that the Holy Spirit is the Oil, but the Messiah oil, meaning Christ, and meaning the new birth, but after the five wise virgins go in, where do the five foolish virgins get oil?
Who are the sellers of oil after the rapture of the five wise virgins?
This is a parable. We have to be careful to take away the main thrust and not try and get meaning from everything in it.

*The main point is the 5 wise virgins have enough oil so that when the bridegroom comes they are ready.

*The 5 foolish virgins don't have enough oil and their lamps go out...which means they're not true believers.

*That they call out to the bridegroom and he refuses them, speaks to the fact that when Christ comes there is no more opportunity for salvation. So the bridegroom says "truly I don't know you".

Where the 5 foolish virgins go to get oil doesn't matter, they were not ready when the bridegroom came. That's the main point.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is a parable. We have to be careful to take away the main thrust and not try and get meaning from everything in it.

*The main point is the 5 wise virgins have enough oil so that when the bridegroom comes they are ready.

*The 5 foolish virgins don't have enough oil and their lamps go out...which means they're not true believers.

*That they call out to the bridegroom and he refuses them, speaks to the fact that when Christ comes there is no more opportunity for salvation. So the bridegroom says "truly I don't know you".

Where the 5 foolish virgins go to get oil doesn't matter, they were not ready when the bridegroom came. That's the main point.

My friend, I agree with most of what you say here, however, it is my belief that many will be saved during the time of the last few years before Jesus returns to Earth to reign here. But, I believe in the pre-trib catching away. I understand why you would say that there is no more opportunity for salvation though. The Bible says the angels will preach the gospel from the air in those days. People will be saved, and they will die from it. But that is my view.:)

Upvote 0

Manasseh_

not the evil king Manasseh
Dec 26, 2010
✟17,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

the key word here...............preparation.................the oil is the faith in Christ and how God's spirit teaches and guides saints down the right path

the wise virgins were prepared..............study to show yourself approved, try every spirit, prove all things...................pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things...............be watchful of the signs given through prophecy

why did the wise virgins not share their oil with the unwise ?

what does it profit to gain the whole world and lose your own soul
work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

the unwise virgins were not prepared............they did not study they did not always pray to be counted worthy to escape all those things to come and enter God's kingdom, they took for granted that their "teachers" told them the truth but they did not try spirits and prove all things.................and when they did finally realize they needed to prepare (go buy oil) it was too late because they did not enter the wedding, the door being shut (the kingdom)

and how many more things could be said about preparation and being unprepared and the consequences that follow

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My friend, I agree with most of what you say here, however, it is my belief that many will be saved during the time of the last few years before Jesus returns to Earth to reign here. But, I believe in the pre-trib catching away. I understand why you would say that there is no more opportunity for salvation though. The Bible says the angels will preach the gospel from the air in those days. People will be saved, and they will die from it. But that is my view.:)
Handmaid...I'm very specific about no more opportunity for salvation when Jesus returns because the scripture is.

Revelation 22:11 is quite clear of that point:
11 Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.”

If you will notice the finality in that passage. Jesus goes on to say He is coming.

As for Christ reigning, He's doing that now. Scripture says Christ will reign until all things are put under Him.

Now if He's not reigning, what does Matthew 28:18 mean?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Handmaid...I'm very specific about no more opportunity for salvation when Jesus returns because the scripture is.

Revelation 22:11 is quite clear of that point:
11 Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy.”

If you will notice the finality in that passage. Jesus goes on to say He is coming.

As for Christ reigning, He's doing that now. Scripture says Christ will reign until all things are put under Him.

Now if He's not reigning, what does Matthew 28:18 mean?

We just have a difference in opinion in how the scripture is applied here brother. That is all. :thumbsup: :)

Upvote 0