Not open for further replies.

Jmorley88

Aug 22, 2009
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Over and over again I hear that Islam is the fastest growing religion. Well either Islam, Mormonism or Scientology but mainly I hear this 'fact' from Muslim apologists. So what’s the truth?

Here’s a quote I found

"Philip Jenkins of Penn State University demonstrates in his work Christianity—in particular Pentecostalism—is the world’s most-rapidly growing faith. Currently there are 2 billion Christians and 1.3 billion Muslims (out of a world population of 6 billion), and in the 21st century Christianity will maintain its lead, thanks to explosive growth in sub-Saharan Africa and China."

Let me know what you think about this and also if you find any other statements from Muslims or Christians about the fasting growing religion please post below.

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Over and over again I hear that Islam is the fastest growing religion. Well either Islam, Mormonism or Scientology but mainly I hear this 'fact' from Muslim apologists. So what’s the truth?
MY FRIEND,

Well, it used to be true that Islam was the fastest growing religion, but then they started blowing themselves up . . . .

ephraim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rahul_sharma

Hindu dominated India - Largest Democracy on Earth
Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Whatever is the fastest growing religion but basics of Hinduism are fastest spreading.

Reincarnation, Law of Karma, Cremation, YOGA, meditation, Hindu view of God, Hinduism's belief like more than one way to reach God etc. are becoming very popular.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/212155

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟18,339.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greetings!

I've recently seen statements that Islam is currently the fastest-growing religion overall, and that the Baha'i Faith the fastest-growing religion among those already established in over 100 countries.

(And BTW, the source for this latter claim is the World Christian Encyclopedia, clearly not a Baha'i work!)

Regards, :)

Bruce

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.